Romance and Revelry Weddings and Events Reviews

Romance and Revelry Weddings and Events 3
Romance and Revelry Weddings and Events 4

Rosalyn Mitchell · Married on 09/07/2019

Extraordinary service and artistry

Aletha and her assistant truly went above and beyond for my wedding two weeks ago. She was responsive and communicative throughout the planning process, and the florals the team created on the day were far beyond what I had imaged would be possible at the price point.

Aletha clearly understood the vision and vibe we were going for (we had a DIY-ish wildflower look), and she executed it beautifully. My bouquet could have been straight off my Pinterest board, the men's boutonnieres were sweet as anything, and the general greenery and baby's breath sprays she put together for us were just the right touches. The standout feature, though, was hands down our chuppah -- I was expecting a stripped-back version of the images we gave her, given the low price, but she created something every bit as beautiful as I had seen in pictures. My new husband and I were both blown away.

Aside from and beyond her beautiful work, however, I have to highlight her generosity of spirit. My husband and I had had a miscommunication with our venue; we believed our package included simple centerpieces for the tables, and we found out on the day that it didn't. By that point in the proceedings I wasn't too concerned about something like centerpieces, but Aletha and her assistant chose of their own will to create some simple ones for us out of spare jars and stems they hadn't used in the main decorations. It was an act of above-and-beyond graciousness. (And it was 85 degrees out -- extra time in the sun was not to be taken lightly!)

In short, hire her, hire her, hire her. Our wedding turned out more beautiful than we can believe, and Aletha and her assistant were a big part of that.

Sent on 09/24/2019
  • I

Inna Prikhodko · Married on 06/01/2019

She made my dreams come true!

Words cannot describe the amazement that Aletha and her team are.

I should preface that my husband and I were together for 8 years prior to getting married, but the time was finally right and I wanted the wedding of our dreams. Having been together for 8 years felt like we needed this to be very special, we have had so many memorable moments together throughout the years (births, deaths, graduations, vacations, and grand adventures), that this really needed to be our #1 memory!

My (now) husband and I work full time with fairly busy schedules, and I did not want to even ponder planning a wedding until I had a pro by my side. I did not want to just google a planner and pray for the best, so I only got quotes and spoke to planners that were recommended by family or friends, and preferably who did weddings I previously attended (so that I knew first hand I had seen some of their work.) The pricing for some of the planners I found was outrageous in my opinion. My friend from high school recommended Aletha and her prices were phenomenal (especially with all the services she provides.) I called for a quote and she asked me about my dream wedding, after chatting for a while, I knew she was the one, but we had to meet in person and my fiance had to not hate her. When we met, she was prepared with many venue options, including my dream venue. I never knew this place existed but it was exactly what I wanted and Aletha knew that from listening to me!!!! She went to our walk-throughs, tastings (even got me a second tasting for appetizers), answered my calls and emails, and indulged my stupid wants and needs at every step. We worked together for over a year and she really deserved to be paid much more than the contract called for. She found me almost all of my vendors (I had a very specific Russian host/singer I wanted and Aletha also worked with her closely to make sure my dreams came true), dealt with everyone and everything, and was with me every step of the way. I ended up using her for florals as well for two reasons: 1) her prices beat everyone and 2) again SHE LISTENED TO ME AND UNDERSTOOD MY VISION WITHOUT ME MAKING MUCH VERBAL SENSE--SHE Just GOT IT!!!! I cannot express this enough- she was able to make all of my thoughts and words into a physical reality. Oh and she responded to late night emails/ texts about my fears that my flowers wouldn't look "happy," assuring me they would--OH AND THEY DID!! Every wedding guest was blown away by everything, and none of it would have been possible without Aletha and her team. She worked with my budget, my fiance and I were basically paying for the wedding ourselves so we needed to stay within a certain price as much as possible and she understood and respected that. She also got me the most amazing officiant for a non-denominational ceremony for the ages--everyone was crying. The photographers she recommended, videographers, hair and make up team, photo booth, just every vendor was AMAZING. The dedication and work she put in is incredible, and I will recommend her over any other planner because she truly was the full package. My husband absolutely loves her and my entire bridal party was blown away by her attention to detail and perfection. Aletha is a true visionary, whatever you want she will make happen.

Sent on 07/16/2019
    Romance and Revelry Weddings and Events 5
    Romance and Revelry Weddings and Events 6
    Romance and Revelry Weddings and Events 7
    Romance and Revelry Weddings and Events 8

Becky · Married on 04/21/2018

We highly recommend Aletha as a wedding planner, her experience and practical knowledge contributed to make our wedding the ideal, memorable, and stress free event we aspired to create and honor our marriage. Aletha was a wonderful wedding planner, and she went beyond to accommodate our wedding day. She helped us plan our ceremony and reception. Our wedding was not conventional, but she did not shy to embrace our vision. Aletha shared valued input and knowledge based on our feedback and her experience planning many weddings. Aletha was hard working, a clear communicator, and a trusted member of our wedding party. On the day, Aletha corrected errors made by other vendors, facilitated our short-noticed requests, and helped us maintain our wedding timeline while still ensuring us the intimacy and enjoyment of our guests we envisioned. We highly recommend Aletha, and believe her professional expertise will aid to encapsulate anyone’s wedding planning to realization their special date.

Sent on 07/23/2018

V · Married on 04/07/2018

Aletha helped plan my 140-person wedding in Palm Desert in April and she was fantastic! Even though there were many logistical challenges with our wedding (we live on the east coast so we only got to meet her briefly once in person, the venue was a VRBO rental so she/the other vendors didn't get to see the venue in person until the day before, etc), she was still able to help us plan a great party. Althea kept us on a planning timetable, suggested photographers, coordinated with our vendors, answered all my rambling questions, created a wonderfully detailed timeline for the weekend, and helped us think of details that weren't on our radar to make sure the event flowed smoothly and our guests had a good time. Even though we had some unusual plans for the dance floor involving lots of moving parts, she was very patient and encouraging through the whole process. The day of she made sure I ate, was on top of it when we decided to rearrange the schedule at the last minute, and helped clean up throughout the night. Aletha is also amazing with flowers---using the few bunches I got at Costco she managed to put together dozens of beautiful table arrangements and the perfect bouquet and boutonniere. I highly recommend Romance and Revelry!

Sent on 04/24/2018