39 Reviews for Inn at Westwood Farm

Aisle Markers (1)
Chair Covers (1)
Decor (1)
39 Inn at Westwood Farm Reviews

Just like they say when you know you’ve found “the dress,” we knew we had found “the venue” when we first visited The Inn at Westwood Farm. Elizabeth and Jay have the innate ability to make it seem as though you’ve known them for years even if you just met. They made the process of planning a wedding enjoyable, rather than stressful! Our special day was just the way we wanted due to not only the perfect setting, but the superb help of Elizabeth and Jay. We highly recommend The Inn at Westwood Farm…whether for a wedding or simply a relaxing night away :-)

Profile Picture Kim, 7/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When you see The Inn at Westwood Farm online, you will think that is a lovely place to get married. But when you visit, the home and the grounds are even more impressive. The home is maintained down to the last detail. And the barn is beautiful. But even then you won't understand what happens when evening strikes the night of your event. The barn becomes a magical place. Elizabeth and Jay provide excellent service and advise both in planning and in execution. Our wedding was magical. Thank you Elizabeth and Jay.

Profile Picture Douglas, 11/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Where do I begin with this review?! Okay, I'll start with what I think would be most helpful to a bride-to-be wondering if this venue is the right one for her...

1.) If you are into natural beauty, trees, foliage, and a pastoral vibe, this is THE venue for you.

2.) If you love the look of a beautifully kept barn, adorned with fresh flowers or hanging plants, and whimsical bistro lighting all-year-round, this is THE venue for you.

3.) If you love animals and want your guests to be able to interact with REAL LIVE animals who enjoy frolicking around and showboating themselves when your guests arrive, this is THE venue for you.

4.) If you want your guests or you and your husband-to-be to rest your heads in an impeccably pristine inn that has the rustic charm of a farmhouse exterior, with a contemporary yet charming interior, where you'll be served scrumptious and thoughtfully prepared breakfast each morning, then this is THE venue for you.

5.) If you want a primarily outdoor wedding at a venue that includes MUCH of the hardscape necessities and beyond for a reasonable cost, this is THE venue for you.

6.) Above all, and in my opinion most importantly, if you want venue owners who treat you like old friends and go above and beyond to ensure that you and your husband-to-be’s wedding dreams and vision are met with attention to all the small details, as well as ensuring your family and your guests are comfortable and happy, then this is THE venue for you.

I honestly cannot say enough positive remarks about Jay and Elizabeth, the venue owners, and about this venue. No words could ever accurately convey just how grateful my husband and I are to Jay and Elizabeth for helping us achieve the wedding of our dreams. I would recommend this venue to any bride-to-be in a heartbeat! My friends and family who stayed at the inn itself on the property are STILL dreamily talking about how they wished they were waking up in their bed at Westwood.

Profile Picture Hannah, 10/8/16, 1 Review

Without the amazing help of the Inn's wonderful proprietors, Jay and Elizabeth,
I doubt our wedding would have been half as amazing as it ended up being. From
the moment we found this bed and breakfast up through the brunch on the day
after our wedding, it's been a pleasure to work with both of them. Elizabeth is
very communicative, prompt, and did a great job of corralling our vendors such
that our self-planned wedding went off without a hitch.

The Inn itself is located in a nice rural part of Virginia, with nearby
wineries, hills, and farms providing a great backdrop for those with a mind for
a wedding that is a cross between rustic and elegant. However, the venue is
located close enough to various towns that finding vendors is a breeze: both
our cake and caterer came from Charlottesville, and we had plenty of other
options to choose from (and when in doubt, Elizabeth will give great
suggestions).

We had our wedding here in late September, so we ended up with all of the
greenery still on the trees, with temperate weather making for a perfect outdoor
event from ceremony to the last dance. There are lots of options on the grounds
for you to choose where to say your vows: we chose underneath the two trees in
front of the barn and wouldn't have changed a thing.

Ultimately, the biggest pro, and one of the main reasons we went with Westwood,
was having the space to ourselves for the weekend. We had both sets of parents
and close family friends stay at the Inn starting Friday night and we were able
to take our time transferring all the bits, baubles, and flowers for the
wedding. Everyone who stayed over raved about the hosts, the rooms, and the feel
of the property. On its own, the Inn is a luxurious place to stay. As a wedding
venue it was everything we looked for and more than we could have expected.

Profile Picture Brenden, 9/24/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

The Inn at Westwood Farm turned out to be my dream wedding spot! The guests would not stop commenting on how beautiful the location is, how fun it was to have animals to look at, how great the games were, and how beautiful it was! I am so grateful for the amazing organization and hard work that the owners put in to make sure everything came together. I would want to host another party here!!

Profile Picture Hannah, 5/30/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Aisle Markers, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Covered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Parking

We had our rehearsal dinner, ceremony and reception (80 guests) and Sunday morning coffee and cake all at the Inn at Westwood. It was a wonderfully relaxing and picturesque weekend. Elizabeth and Jay work incredibly hard behind the scenes to make everything run smoothly and stress-free. Before the wedding they had great suggestions and recommendations. Elizabeth and Jay did a fantastic job of coordinating all of the vendors (some recommended and local, others not) and all of their recommendations were great. The barn is amazing. We used it for the rehearsal dinner, cocktails, dancing and coffee and cake on Sunday. The tent for the reception dinner was great. We had the ceremony in the clearing up the hill from the barn. This worked fabulously and was a great for our entrance and exit. The rooms in the inn are cozy yet elegant and the breakfasts are delicious. Everyone commented that the wedding was fantastic, relaxing, had both elegance and charm, and was in a wonderful setting. The first time we met Jay and Elizabeth they made us feel at ease and this is one of the big reasons why we went with them. Fantastic venue and the most wonderful hosts made for a relaxed, charming wedding. Couldn't have been better!

Profile Picture Jennifer, 10/17/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Audio Equipment, Chair Covers, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Lighting, Tables, Tent Accessories, Tents, Parking, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Lighting/Sound, Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Linens

A lot of wonderful things have been written here about Elizabeth and Jay at Inn at Westwood Farm -- and I just want to say that all the rage is spot on. The setting is stunning and unbeatable, and the people are fantastic. The ability to arrive the day before the wedding was incredible -- both for me and my groom, and for the highly demanding and worried MOB. Elizabeth and Jay fed us pure delicacies, delivered local wine just at the right time during setup, had perfect solutions for last-minute problems and all the answers to last-minute questions. Even more importantly, their advice and recommendations early in the process and through all the planning stages made the planning a breeze. Many of my friends commented on how relaxed I was about the wedding for weeks beforehand and the day of. Much of that is because I had Elizabeth and Jay on my side: they've been around the block many, many times and helped us throw a party that was totally perfect.

Profile Picture A+B, 8/22/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Cannot recommend the Inn at Westwood Farm more highly! My husband and I recently were married at the Inn in a intimate elopement-style wedding. Elizabeth and Jay kept in contact with us throughout the months before our wedding to make sure our special day would include everything we wanted. I appreciated that our communication was always prompt, clear, and professional.

The grounds of the Inn are simply spectacular, and we got so lucky to have the most perfect weather for our wedding day. Our room (404) was very comfortable, and the blue walls created such a relaxing atmosphere. Every bite of food we ate was scrumptious- from the gourmet breakfast served every morning, to the carefully crafted picnic basket we enjoyed at a nearby winery. I'm a woman with an strong appreciation for attention-to-detail, and the Inn went above and beyond meeting and anticipating all of our needs.

I can't thank Elizabeth and Jay enough for arranging and accommodating all requests for our elopement, and for making my wedding a wonderful experience that I will always remember with much joy. Without such gracious hosts, our time at the Inn would not have been what it was.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 5/23/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I were looking for a rustic venue with a beautiful country setting and began to conduct online searches. We stumbled across the Inn at Westwood Farm and after reading the reviews, all of which emphasize the loveliness of the property and the exemplary service that the Inn owners (Jay and Elizabeth) provide. Once we visited the property and spoke with Jay and Elizabeth, we knew this was the venue for us. They have an easy way about them, are very responsive, and extremely attentive to detail. We held both our rehearsal event on Friday and the ceremony and reception on Saturday-making full use of the awesome barn on location. We couldn't have asked for better weather, or a better venue for everything that we wanted. I highly recommend visiting the Inn for a night away or to host your event. They know how to do it right. -Phyllis and Nathan

Profile Picture User5007924, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Sometimes cliches really are the best way to describe days like these. The Inn really made for a "picture perfect" day and the best wedding I've ever attended. Elizabeth and Jay made our jobs as bridesmaids so easy -- they couldn't have been more welcoming or helpful.

Profile Picture User4618653, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

As mother of the bride, I want to let all future brides and mothers of the brides know that THIS is the place to get married, have a reception and a rehearsal dinner. Elizabeth and Jay are the consummate professionals. They know weddings and will be available when you have questions and last minute requests (and there will be last minute requests). They are very familiar with all vendors in the area and will point you in the right direction with regards to catering, flowers, photographers, etc. The venue is beautiful for not only the wedding but for the rehearsal dinner as well (the barn is perfect for a casual dinner the night before the wedding). Staying at the Inn for the 2 nights that encompass the wedding weekend is PERFECT. I want to go back just for the enjoyment of the B&B experience. You can't go wrong with this venue. Book early they are popular!

Profile Picture Betty , 9/27/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Inn at Westwood Farm hosted my family for the weekend, as well as 150 guests for ceremony, cocktail hour and reception. I really can't find enough great things to say about Elizabeth and Jay. We had several difficulties in our planning, the biggest being that we had to plan the wedding from Hong Kong. Elizabeth responded to emails so quickly that I was able to get things done in my time zone, not even having to wait a full 24 hours for a response.

During the wedding weekend, Elizabeth and Jay were flexible with last-minute changes, on top of every little detail and extremely organized. They ran the rehearsal in the absence of our officiant on Friday, they coordinated all vendors and made sure I relaxed and ate food! All of my vendors also commented on how efficient and organized they were. Not to mention friendly and lovely to be around.

The wedding really went flawlessly and it was because of them. I would highly recommend the Inn at Westwood Farm, not only because of its obviously beautiful setting, but also because working with Elizabeth and Jay will make your life easier.

Profile Picture Rebecca, 9/20/14, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When we started planning our wedding we had a blank slate to work with in terms of "where", anywhere between New Jersey and North Carolina would have worked, but when we visited the Inn at Westwood Farm we immediately knew it was the perfect place for us.
The Inn and the grounds are beautiful with a perfect red barn that gives it a truly rustic feel, not to mention the cutest donkey ever, who was a huge hit at our wedding! I don't know how we could have executed the wedding without all the help from Elizabeth and Jay, the innkeepers! They really go above and beyond to make sure everything is perfect. Elizabeth is unbelievably organized and thinks about every detail of the day. There were numerous things I never would have thought of, but she was on top of everything! By the end, Elizabeth and Jay felt like dear friends, and they treated us the same.
I also loved that my family was able to stay in the 4 room inn. It was the perfect size for us. It would also be great for the bridal party, but I thoroughly enjoyed the extra family time over delicious breakfasts!
Our guests could not stop talking about how beautiful the location was and marveling at how we managed to find such a perfect place! Our wedding day could not have been more perfect, and much of that is thanks to the location and hard work of Elizabeth and Jay!

Profile Picture Heather, 9/13/14, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Inn at Westwood Farm was a gorgeous setting for our daughter's wedding. The grounds, the barn, the option of various settings for the wedding ceremony, and and especially the Inn itself including the guestrooms and surprising extra space upstairs were even nicer than the fantastic photos on the website. Not only did we have a beautiful rehearsal and welcoming party on Friday evening, beautiful ceremony on Saturday afternoon and a fantastic reception and morning breakfasts provided by the Inn for the wedding party staying at the Inn but we also held a run attended by about one third of the guests at the Inn on Saturday morning. We can't overstate how helpful Elizabeth and Jay were to us and especially to our daughter and now husband from the very beginning of the process all the way to the end. New device on all of the vendors were flawless. Our daughter had the wedding she wanted and we all had a wonderful time throughout the whole weekend and all for a great value.

Profile Picture Kevin, 4/12/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

I can't say enough about how wonderful it was to work with Elizabeth and Jay, not only during our wedding weekend but throughout the year leading up to our big day. In all of our interactions with them, their absolute love for what they do was obvious. They worked with us to give us all of the recommendations, advice, and help we needed to make the weekend perfectly "us": they don't follow a formula, or try to talk you into doing what has worked in the past, instead they made us feel like their beautiful inn was our home for the weekend. Example: when my husband and I proposed the idea of having a wedding morning 5k run for our guests, they not only gave us a beautiful route, they made coffee for all of the runners, and took a video of the start… all in spite of the fact that they were nervous that we might be trying to cram too much into an already busy day! I could go on and on listing all of the ways that Elizabeth and Jay made the weekend as beautiful, comfortable, and easy as possible: from recommending the best vendors, to making sure every little DIY project (even the ones I had forgotten about) we had made was perfectly in place before the start of the ceremony.

Profile Picture Jenny, 4/12/14, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Planning

Where to even start...my wife and I were married here last Saturday (9/28/13). The setting is only surpassed by how amazing Jay and Elizabeth are. You would swear they've been doing this forever. Every single detail was covered and things we hadn't even thought about were seamlessly handled. If you want a farm style wedding with the attention to detail of the ritz, this is your place.

Profile Picture Jacob, 9/28/13, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot thank Jay and Elizabeth, owners of the Inn at Westwood Farm in Orange, VA, enough for what was truly a magical wedding weekend. They were lovely, gracious hosts who made all of our guests feel comfortable and at home, so much so that it felt like we were actually married in the gorgeous yard of close family friends. Despite heavy rain showers, we felt calm and everyone was able to enjoy the beauty of the warm, rustic wood barn in which we had our reception. My brother put the feeling of the reception site so well, "Being in the barn was like being in a small town in different time, and everyone came together out of the rain to the town dance to celebrate." The barn, the grounds, and the accommodations of the Inn were all gorgeous and made personal to our vision. We challenged Jay and Elizabeth to a house full of toddlers, vegans, and allergy filled guests, and they rose to the occasion with humor, grace, and the most delicious tailor made three course breakfasts imaginable. We will always feel like the Inn is home, thank you!

Profile Picture Sara, 9/21/13, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Upon return from our wonderful and beautiful wedding weekend, my husband and I were eager to write a glowing review of the Inn at Westwood Farm. Elizabeth & Jay, with their warmth, genuine care, and meticulous attention to detail, far exceeded any expectations we could have fathomed during the wedding planning process. Elizabeth & Jay truly are experts at what they do and can be likened to chess players in their ability to think through all the logistics of a wedding. Elizabeth & Jay put us at ease, and made us and our families feel so welcome during our stay at the Inn.

The beauty and serenity of the Inn at Westwood Farm speak for itself. We were married Labor Day weekend and our guests arrived from destinations across the country. The celebration brought a complicated web of family and a host of first time requests that Elizabeth & Jay were happy to satisfy. Describing them as accommodating would be an understatement. Elizabeth & Jay’s zeal and willingness allowed us to have many personalized touches during the wedding weekend. Even if something hadn’t been done before on the grounds, Elizabeth & Jay were eager to hear our ideas and work with us to ensure that our plans were properly executed. Whether it was allowing us to use a canoe as a vessel to hold cold beer, stomp on glass as part as our interfaith ceremony, or have nearly a dozen members of the U.S. Navy carry a sword on their property, they welcomed the ideas and offered up helpful suggestions to make all these things happen. As we’ve begun reminiscing our wedding weekend, we are most pleased with the simple fact that having our wedding at the Inn at Westwood Farm allowed us to truly showcase ourselves as part of our union before our beloved friends and family. Jay and Elizabeth are amazing and we couldn’t be more happy that we chose the Inn at Westwood Farm for our wedding.

Profile Picture Sharon, 9/1/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We cannot recommend Jay and Elizabeth, or the Inn at Westwood Farm enough. We actually want them to be our best friends and we would move into the Inn if we could. Jay and Elizabeth know what customer service really means. They are responsive, they go above and beyond, they are extremely pleasant, and best of all they are problem-solvers extraordinaire. The Inn itself is impeccable and we were so relaxed the whole weekend. We look back at our wedding weekend and we know that this venue really set the tone for the perfect wedding that we wanted: it was classy, beautiful, and relaxing. Oh, and the breakfast is delicious.

Profile Picture User3455145, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jay and Elizabeth lovingly restored the inn and made it an ideal representation of all that is appealing about central VA. Classic accommodations with modern conveniences, elaborate landscaping on beautiful farmland, and a relaxed, unpretentious atmosphere.

Jay and Elizabeth display a warm patience that separates them from other innkeepers and event hosts. They treat you like family and work extremely hard to insulate you from the stresses and surprises of orchestrating a large affair. We unintentionally picked an inexperienced caterer who made things "interesting" for Elizabeth, but she diligently educated the staff on successful execution.

Friends and family unanimously complimented us on picking the "perfect" location for a "perfect" wedding. Our first thought as we drove away from our wonderful weekend was, "why would anyone *not* get married here???" There is a reason why every review of this venue mentions Elizabeth and Jay by name - they are lovely people and are a hoot to spend time with; we can't wait to return for a visit and reminisce about our great experience!

Profile Picture Angie, 4/27/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We chose the Inn at Westwood Farm not only because of the gorgeous scenery and wonderful accommodations, but because (and she told me this would happen) once you walk in on the weekend of your wedding, Elizabeth Goeke and Jay Billie tell you that from here on out, all you do is relax and enjoy your wedding! It was exactly like that.

There were tiny details that I hadn't even thought about before the wedding, and when I did remember and checked on them, they were already done! Jay and Elizabeth truly love what they do and are WONDERFUL. They were so flexible throughout the planning process and so knowledgable regarding vendors and the entire wedding planning process. Every penny was absolutely worth it, and we can't wait to go back to visit!

Sara Hilleary

Profile Picture Sara, 9/29/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I cant say enough good things about Elizabeth and Jay and the Inn at Westwood Farm. We had our wedding there as well as our rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding and both were wonderful! Everyone kept commenting on how nice the Inn and environment were and how sweet Elizabeth and Jay were. They are actually a lot of the reason we decided to go with the place. They made the stay there so perfect...its all the little details and they nailed them all. I know a lot of our wedding party want to go back just to spend a weekend there because they loved it so much!

Profile Picture User2742189, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Jay Billie & Elizabeth Goeke are amazing! First class establishment. Always love visiting The Inn at Westwood Farm. They treat you like family. The only place we wanted to have our wedding. It is was the perfect location. Jay & Elizabeth were essential in the planning and execution of our wedding, cocktail reception and dinner. Their recommendations for vendors (caterer, florist and officiant...and don't forget the porta-lisa) were "spot on". We didn't stress at all on our wedding day because of their attention to detail and creative solutions for every situation.

Recommend them to anyone looking for a truly special place to have their wedding or just a weekend away. We love them and the inn!

Kyle & Cynthia Jones

Profile Picture Cynthia, 4/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

We held our wedding at The Inn at Westwood Farm on October 29th of 2011, and could not have been happier with the service and experience provided by innkeepers (Jay and Elizabeth) or the venue itself, which provides a beautiful, rustic, and romantic setting for a wedding. We were thoroughly impressed by the detail-focused support that Jay and Elizabeth offered us, and the event was amazing. We had 150 guests, and they have all raved about the afternoon/evening that they shared with us. We would strongly recommend this venue as the perfect place to host a wedding or any other event.

Profile Picture Charlie, 10/29/11, 1 Review