31 Reviews for Doe Creek Farm

House Wine (1)
Decor (1)
Flatware (1)
31 Doe Creek Farm Reviews

We could not have picked a better venue for our wedding! You can save on your decorating budget at Doe Creek because the landscape and architecture is gorgeous! A contract with Doe Creek will give you a complimentary Day of Coordinator who is amazing! She is very organized and friendly. Brides and bridesmaids get access to the air conditioned farmhouse to get ready. Grooms and groomsmen can get dressed in the air conditioned reception hall. Doe Creek provides all linens, tables, gold chiavari chairs for the reception, and white chairs for the ceremony. They even provided shepherds hooks and mason jars for the ceremony decor as well as white lace table runners. They take care of all clean up and tear down of their own stuff. Their bartenders were courteous and professional. There is also a gorgeously decorated cocktail hour lounge under the reception hall which is a converted apple packing house.

Photo for Doe Creek Farm Review - Reception hall....and yes, everything you see here they prov
Photos
Photo for Doe Creek Farm Review - Reception hall from the outside
Photo for Doe Creek Farm Review - Porch leading up to the reception hall
Profile Picture Laura, 6/16/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Barware, Glassware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

This venue is freaking amazing. My husband and I looked at many venues before we found Doe Creek and none of them were nearly as accommodating for the price. Brittany and Allison are wonderful and they did everything in their power to make sure our day was absolutely perfect! Not to mention, the venue is beautiful! We are thrilled that we chose Doe Creek for our wedding

Profile Picture Kristin, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

After searching throughout the Roanoke and Blacksburg areas for our wedding venue, we found Doe Creek in Pembroke to have the most beautiful views and unique amenities! This venue not only has picturesque views between the mountains and the apple orchard, but they have a beautifully decorated reception area that allowed for a smooth flow of guests and a spacious farmhouse with rooms available for the bridal party to relax and get ready. The cocktail area has a warm rustic feel. Brittany, the venue coordinator, went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly while making sure everyone was relaxed and having fun. She was always available and quick to respond to any and all questions we had. Their list of vendors was very helpful and their preferred caterer, Mikie with The Element Catering, went above and beyond with their food and service! I HIGHLY recommend this venue!! Thank you Brittany, Alison, and Doe Creek for being all around fantastic! (Pictures courtesy Pat Cori Photography--also highly recommended)

Profile Picture Leah, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Wheelchair Access, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

Hands down, the absolute best wedding venue you can book! First, the scenery is breathtaking (even on rainy days)! The farm house is the perfect place for the bridal party to relax as much as possible and get ready before the wedding, and great for pictures. The reception area and cocktail hour area is gorgeous with so many cute details every where you turn. The venue comes with a carterer and her food is delicious! I received so many compliments on the food at the wedding from all the guests. But most important is the staff. Everyone at doe creek farm is simply amazing. Brittany went far beyond my expectations and helped me EVERY step of the way. She kept my wedding/reception on a smooth schedule and just made me so happy with everything. Hurricane Harvey decided to make his presence on my wedding day, but Brittany kept me calm and told me about all of the backup plans if it did rain. Just like Brittany said, the rain held off for the ceremony and everything was seriously just absolutely perfect. I don't have enough words to say how amazing and hardworking Brittany is. Allison helped bring our dog from the kennel on the venue's property (which is another absolutely amazing perk of the venue) to our wedding for pictures and she was just soooo sweet and patient with our giant and hardheaded pup tongue emoticon:P
If you are thinking about this venue for your wedding I can promise you, you will not be disappointed with this amazing place. I would chose this place ten times over! Thank you for making my wedding something out of my dreams Doe Creek Farm!!!

Profile Picture Tessa, 9/2/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I got married at Doe Creek Farm in October 2016, and it was absolutely the best day of our lives! Allison and her team did everything to ensure we have a perfect day. Everything went so smoothly thanks to them. Allison was so helpful from day one, and I honestly could not have asked for a better experience. Highly recommend!!!

Profile Picture Savannah, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Doe Creek was fantastic!!!! Allison and her staff were amazing to work with and they made our special day more than perfect! The venue is BEAUTIFUL, especially for a fall weeding and the packing house for the reception was everything you could ask for. Having the farm house to get ready in before is also a great perk and makes the day less stressful. We HIGHLY recommend this venue. It was reasonably priced, especially when the result is nothing short of perfection.

Profile Picture Carter, 10/8/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, Set Up, Barware, Linens, Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Bartender(s), House Wine

If you're looking for the perfect wedding location look no further! Since my very first visit at Doe Creek I knew that there was no other place I would rather tie the knot. The coordinator, Allison, took the time to not only give us a tour of the location but provided a list of preferred vendors in the area including florists, DJ's, bakeries and photographers. This made planning SO much easier. She also keeps in touch throughout the planning process and prefers to meet with you a few weeks in advance before the ceremony to go over details and expectations. The night went so smoothly and I couldn't have been happier with how everything turned out. - Autumn H.

Profile Picture Autumn, 8/27/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Doe Creek Farm stopped my perfect venue search. I could not have asked for anything more on my wedding day. Not only was the venue perfect with its farmhouse to get ready in, the beautiful packing house for the reception, and amazing scenery for picture opportunities; it came with an irreplaceable wedding coordinator, Allison. She stayed in contact with me the entire year of planning and kept me calm. She made my day go so smoothly and perfected everything.

Doe Creek Farm provides a list of the best vendors (which made my planning easier)! Their package provides shepherds hooks and mason jars for the aisle, a beautiful pergola, linens for the reception, and (what sold me on the reception hall) gold chivari chairs!!!

Doe Creek Farm is contracted with Mikie and The Element for catering. She's amazing and doesn't have your usual wedding food. It's delicious! She also provides the China with her package.

As I stated earlier, this venue is literally perfect and comes with great staff! Look nowhere else for your wedding. This place has it all!

Profile Picture Ashton, 7/2/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

No advice, just keep doing what you are doing. Everything was beyond perfect! The mountains and overall landscape was gorgeous with a classy reception in the cider house. Everyone enjoyed themselves and had a great time. I am beyond pleased. Allison was a Godsend, and I don't think I can ever thank her enough for all she has done for us.

Profile Picture Beth, 6/18/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Allison and her team made my wedding a dream. There was never a moment, from the planning stages to the day of my wedding, when I didn't feel well taken care of. The professionalism and dedication of Allison is just as impeccable as the enthusiasm and compassion she brought to the table.

Profile Picture Katherine, 5/21/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

If we could give Doe Creek Farm more than 5 stars we would! We were in search of a rustic venue in the Southwest VA area near my hometown and this one popped up in our internet searches so we put it on the list of venues to visit. From the moment we visited we were in love. The venue had the most beautiful views and rustic yet elegant reception hall, but truly the best part of the venue was Allison who runs the business! We immediately connected with her from the moment we met. She is so personable and she truly went above and beyond in every way throughout the wedding planning process. She was always super responsive and helped make all my crazy Pinterest wedding ideas happen. She even went as far as to find us a rustic pickup truck for our getaway car through someone she knew and spent hours folding napkins a certain way and attaching special tags we had made to them. We truly cannot thank her enough! Everything on our wedding day went so smoothly and was everything we had imagined thanks to Doe Creek Farm and Allison!

Profile Picture Julie, 10/30/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Lighting, Tables, Clean Up, Set Up, Parking, Bartender(s), Barware, Linens, Indoor

My Daughter's wedding was this past weekend. I wanted to write the review ASAP so that all my thoughts were fresh and I didn't leave anything out. I am going to separate the review into two parts: the venue itself and Allison, the planner/facilitator extraordinaire The Venue: This is a working farm/dog kennel and apple orchard. Allison and her husband live on the property, run the kennels and wedding/receptions. Her Mom, Georgia - also lives here in the gorgeous farm house that doubles as a 'getting ready' area for the wedding party. Georgia lives in the first floor and the top floor is used for the weddings. Ceremonies are outside on the lawn, with the house as the starting point and the absolutely amazing views as the back drop. White chairs on either side of the paver walk way becomes the aisle. Check her web site for images. Shepherds hooks are available for hanging flower arrangements at the beginning of each row of chairs. We used them and they turned out beautiful. There is an 8'x8' white wooden arbor at the end of the walk for the nuptials. Stunning venue. Three bedrooms and a Huge bathroom, more than enough space. The converted packing house is amazing. No additional decorations are needed. It is elegant and spacious. We had 130 people for a sit down dinner, a D.J., sweetheart table, and a 'L' shaped bar set up with PLENTY of room left to move about. At the end of the house, there is an area for the food service/caterer to set up. We had buffet style food and it worked perfectly. The venue doesn't have a kitchen but the caterer, Mikey, the Element Catering, has it down to a science. We couldn't of asked for a more perfect place for the wedding/'reception. Allison: As perfect as the venue was, Allison is even more so. She is professional, caring, fun, easy going! Because of her, my stress level was reduced by 1/2. This woman rocks what she does. Not enough space to gush on her. Listen to her, she knows her stuff.

Profile Picture Cheryl , 10/17/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Event Planning, Lighting/Sound, Set Up, Bartender(s), Altar/Arches, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Barware, Linens, Parking, Wheelchair Access

I cannot recommend Doe Creek Farm enough. The venue is stunning any time of year (I would know, I've seen it in all seasons now!). They provide all chairs and a trellis for your ceremony. You can get ready in the farm house, which has 3 rooms and a bathroom. We had no problem having 14 people getting their hair and makeup done there. The reception hall is perfection. The old apple packing house has been renovated to a classic, gorgeous style. They have built-in white Christmas lights all over the ceiling that provided an intimate setting for the reception. It came with all table clothes, napkins, table runners, and chairs included.

But, as much as I can gush about the venue, the biggest plus to this venue is Allison. She is the on-site coordinator that came with the venue. Her vast knowledge of the venue, and her relationships with other vendors was invaluable to a bride who lives out of state. She is an expert in her field, and honestly, my wedding would have been a disaster without her. Meeting and emailing with her before the wedding was great (she answers emails promptly and is very flexible for in-person meetings), and her day-of coordination made sure we were taken care of and the wedding went without a hitch. Rent the venue just to have her. Seriously.

For LGBT couples out there, Doe Creek Farm is gay-friendly and very accommodating!

Profile Picture Maggie, 5/30/15, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My wife and I had our wedding at Doe Creek on 4/25/15. The venue is beautiful, outside and in, and was everything we wanted - you really need to see it for yourself! We truly have nothing but good things to say, not only about the venue, but about Allison as well. Her calm, collected, positive attitude was both relieving and contagious. She was, by far, the most important aspect of our wedding - we don't know what we would have done without her. This is a must check out spot if you are having a wedding in the Blacksburg!

Profile Picture User4116819, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My sister just got married here yesterday. She and my mom had raced about the venue and Allison when they first saw it, but I didn't know how amazing it all was until we arrived there to set up and prepare before the ceremony. The setting is perfect, but what really made the venue special was the care and attention Allison paid through the whole process. my sister did not have to worry about anything the whole weekend - if there was ever a question, Allison had always already taken care of it. Everything from the rehearsal through the reception went off without a hitch and I am so glad my sister will be able to say Doe Creek Farm and Allison were part of her wedding experience!

Profile Picture Cindy, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I can't say enough good things about this venue. The venue itself is beautiful and Allison is fantastic. I couldn't have imagined a more perfect place for my wedding!

Profile Picture Rena, 9/27/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Oh man, I think we could go on for days about how wonderful Doe Creek Farm and the host, Allison is.. but we will try to keep it brief.

The venue is charming and beautiful - the old farmhouse overlooking the mountains, surrounded by apples, flowers, and the red roof packinghouse. All of the guests raved about how beautiful the setting was.

The real steal though is the service provided - Allison is more than what we would expect if we were hiring a wedding planner. She will answer millions of questions; provide great recommendations but then support whatever decision you make; and manages a million details the day of to make sure everything runs smoothly. It was so nice not having to be in and out of Doe Creek at a certain time - she let us come arrange flowers and decorate the day before, arrive at the venue whenever was best for us the day of, and come back on Sunday to pick up all of our decorations and leftover alcohol.

After all of our searching, Doe Creek was definitely the best venue for us in the New RIver Valley.

Profile Picture Rachel, 8/23/14, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Allison is absolutely amazing and the venue is beautiful!! We could not have asked for a more perfect place.

Profile Picture User3223277, 2+ years ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our experience at Doe Creek made our wedding the dream that it was. It was the first venue we visited - and the last. We were sold from the minute we put the pieces together: Allison's low-key and flexible attitude, the price was right, we could mold our wedding just how we wanted, AND the sheer beauty of the place.

Allison was ALWAYS available to meet me and was quick to respond to emails and phone calls. She was happy to meet my family and friends as we came up frequently to plan. Since we didn't have a wedding planner, her help was crucial. She was kind to us and helped me figure out how to plan a great wedding without being forceful or demanding.

The price was a total bargain since Doe Creek just opened up in 2013 for weddings. You get a lot for what you pay, and having Allison on your side is worth the price tag alone.

The ceremony and reception were a total dream. Allison worked with my friends to create surprises for me and little things that I forgot or didn't complete were magically completed by the time the wedding started.

Now - the venue itself is stunning. The ceremony was held outside during the fall and was a million-dollar-view situation. The reception was held in the packing house. It was intimate, simple and tasteful. We had a great meal by Blue Ridge Catering and partied all night long.

If you are considering a rustic yet incredibly professional and tasteful wedding, I would recommend you look hard at Doe Creek. If you are a bride who wants a strong hold on the decisions - this is the place for you.

Thank you, Allison and staff, for making my wedding so perfect and memorable. You guys are the best!

Profile Picture Ariel, 10/19/13, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My son and daughter-in-law had their ceremony and wedding reception at Doe Creek Farm. It was a destination wedding for our family and friends. Initially we thought it was very far. As it turned out, this was a fabulous venue. Allison was wonderful to work with. She has terrific ideas and great venders. We had Mikie's 7th cater the wedding. Mikie Nichols was amazing to work with. We had a very discerning group from around the world attending the wedding and had nothing but rave reviews from all.
I would absolutely recomend Doe Creek Farm and Mikies 7th as a winning combination. Fabulous!

Profile Picture Wendy, 10/13/13, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We are so happy that we chose Doe Creek Farm as our wedding venue. Aside from the beautiful farm, we chose it because they allowed us to use our own caterer and provide our own alcohol, it came with high quality tables, chairs and linens. The proximity to Mountain Lake Lodge was also a huge selling point for us, as most of our guests were out of town.

Allison, the wedding coordinator was absolutely wonderful to work with. Throughout my 7 months of planning, she responded to all of my questions promptly and professionally. Her upbeat attitude and willingness to help with anything was a huge reason our wedding was successful and low-stress.

Our wedding day was perfect! Every guest that we talked to commented on how beautiful the venue was. We had an incredible day and our guests had a ton of fun. We would highly recommend this venue!

Profile Picture Alaina, 9/28/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I had the honor of attending a wedding at Doe Creek. It is a beautiful, outdoor, fairytale like venue with a lot of antique charm. I helped with the decorating and found Allison more than accommodating and had at hand things that we forgot, like scissors. We had a rain delay and Allison was there explaining the plan to all of the guests and was out wiping off the chairs as soon as the rain stopped. I did visit the bridal party several times throughout the day as they prepared in the farmhouse. A very charming comfortable spacious area. The girls were having a great time. There are so many niches on the property for fabulous pictures. I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful place for a celebration. I know if we didn't live so far away, I would be hosting a wedding there next year. My son and future daughter-in-law fell in love with this site.

Profile Picture User3586533, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Allison and her team were absolutely exceptional. I have never seen such a beautiful venue, and Allison is extremely knowledgeable, helpful, flexible and friendly. She made planning my wedding an enjoyable experience and coordinated everything the day of- I didn't have to worry about anything. My guests were stunned at the gorgeous views and immaculately kept facilities. I couldn't imagine having my wedding anywhere else!

Profile Picture Kacey, 9/1/13, 2 Reviews
0.5

You will not find a more beautiful setting for a wedding but the service we received during our decorating and the actual ceremony and reception was poor. We were not allowed access to the inside of the packing house to decorate for the reception until after rehearsal on Friday night and only got in then because we insisted. Owner said we had told that we would only need Saturday morning to decorate in there but we had said we would do everything except put the flowers on the tables and wouldn't do that because she would not turn on the air conditioning until about 3-4 hours before the wedding. My sisters stayed behind while we left for the rehearsal dinner to start the decorating and at 9 pm were told they needed to leave when they were only granted access at 7:30 or 8 pm.
Also all the belongings of my daughter, her attendants and myself were put on the front porch of the farmhouse during the reception. We had gone directly from the wedding and pictures afterwards to the reception since our guests were waiting. No one told us that we needed to move these out prior to heading to the reception and no one came into the reception hall (packing house) to say the house needed to be cleared out. A simple, polite request would have been nice rather than placing personal belongings including handbags outside.

Profile Picture User3374313, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was the maid of honor and this was the most amazing place for my sister to get married. The area is gorgeous and is a ideal place to get married. The service we got was very, very good. She helped with so much and kept in good contact before and even after the wedding. Also, she was very professional, but on a friendly, kind manner. Her flexibility was well for all different circumstances. Getting ready in the house was no problem, she kept to the side to make sure the bride and bridal party had space to get ready and enjoy ourselves in the process. The house also is a fun and beautiful area to get ready in. She was very good with all the kids and their craziness.

I enjoyed this wedding and the venue was PERFECT!!! Everyone enjoyed themselves immensely :) I would recommend this venue to anyone because it is a true dream come true setting. This is my top choice to tell anyone and everyone. There is no bad review coming from this bridal party!!! We all loved it and enjoyed it :)

Profile Picture User3374832, 2+ years ago, 1 Review