Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist Reviews

60 | Chevy Chase, MD

60 Reviews for Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist

60 Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist Reviews

Makeeda · Married on 07/12/2017

Dawn was professional and amazing! She is truly talented and made all of us look absolutely stunning. I received so many compliments and am thankful to have found her through this site. Dawn was also very accommodating . I would recommend her for any occasion. She has an array of products to enhance a variety of clientele.

Elizabeth · Married on 11/14/2015

In a word: amazing! I am a super twitchy girl, and she was so patient with me when putting on my makeup. I felt so beautiful and confidant.

Sent on 11/13/2015

Thanks for the review!

Kate · Married on 11/07/2015

I booked Dawn for my November 2015 wedding in Alexandria, VA. She did my makeup, 3 bridesmaids, and a personal attendant. While not astronomically priced or anything, she was definitely one of the things I splurged on for my wedding, and boy was she worth it. All my girls loved their makeup and - more importantly, let's face it - I felt gorgeous all night. She is super responsive to what you're looking for - she won't make you feel like you look like someone else - you're just the best version of you. And it stays all night (she gives you a great touch up kit just in case which I'm still using daily!). I also kept my eye on the products she used during my trail and came to depend daily on some of the products she introduced me to (foundation, etc.). I've never been huge into makeup, but for photos, Dawn is a must. Not to mention she is an absolute pleasure. Incredibly dependable, and well worth the expense. I'm definitely keeping her in mind for any events I may have in the future!

Sent on 11/23/2015

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

I appreciate your sweet review, thanks!

Breann · Married on 10/10/2015

Wow! How amazing Dawn is! I didn't even have to trial any other make-up artist after the first trial. She blew me away.
    Her effortless concept to make you look like a porcelain doll. I couldn't of chosen a most amazing, exceptional make-up artist. It was like painting a picture and making it come to life :) Not only did I love her, but all my bridesmaids and mom thought she was just as great! I wouldn't pass her up and book now :) Worth every penny!
    She was very professional and efficient at the work she does! I hope to see her in the near future!

Sent on 12/03/2015

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

You ladies were so much fun, I had a great time being part of your big day!

Heather · Married on 06/06/2015

I just wrote a review for Dawn on Google but love her so much I'm gonna write two. This is my google review:
    I found Dawn Newsome through Thumbtack after deciding my current makeup artist wasn't gonna cut it. OMG I'M SO GLAD I DID. We had a mutual friend on Facebook (small world) and that friend confirmed that Dawn was the bomb dot com so I booked a trial and never turned back. I've NEVER FELT OR LOOKED PRETTIER. I wish I could attach a picture to this review. Not only is Dawn the sweetest, most easy to get along with person I've met.. She just "got me". I hardly even gave her any instruction or direction and she nailed it. It was exactly what I wanted. My makeup stayed put all night. ALL NIGHT. I didn't have to touch up ONCE even though she does give you powder and lip stuff to reapply if you need to. I didn't need to. I looked just as flawless at the end of the night as I did in the beginning. Everyone in my bridal party who used Dawn looked flawless all night too. She was SO WORTH IT. I would use her again and again and recommend her to everyone and anyone. Whether you want dramatic makeup or an all natural look or WHATEVER: She will nail it. Trust me. Book her.
    I would like to add that she was extremely professional. Was on time (actually she was early) which was fabulous b/c I was a complete scatterbrain that day. She was CALM. She kept ME CALM. Which is NOT EASY lol. I honestly felt like we had been friends for years. The only thing I'll say is that I heard later that a touch up and a whole face was the same price for bridesmaids and bridal party so if you're gonna get a touch up, just go ahead and have her do your whole face. This may have been a mix up though and I already said I was scatterbrained that day so this is just what a couple bridal members told me later. I still give her 5 stars across the board b/c she was EVERYTHING to me. A million times worth it. The whole bridal party agreed. Even the touch up girls ;). Thank you Dawn!!!

Sent on 07/11/2015

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

Thank you for the great review it was my pleasure!

Terrie · Married on 04/12/2015

I highly recommend Dawn Newsome for bridal makeup services. Dawn is a true professional and does exceptional work. During my makeup trial in Feb 2015, I communicated my vision for a "soft glam" look and within 30 minutes, Dawn had created the perfect look for my wedding day - NO changes needed. I knew my bridal party would be impressed by Dawn's professionalism and makeup skill to transform them into more glamorous images of themselves. On my wedding day, 12 April 2015, Dawn was on-time and ready to work completing makeup for the bride, matron of honor and mothers of the bride and groom by the requested time. We all received compliments on our makeup throughout the day. Additionally, an engaged friend of mine after seeing my wedding makeup immediately booked Dawn for a make up trial and secured her for her own wedding day! Please take the time to browse the before and after pictures on Dawn's website. Her work speaks for itself. You will not be disappointed. Happy Wedding Planning! Thanks Dawn!

Sent on 04/25/2015

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

Terri you rock, thank you for the great review!

Bridget · Married on 11/01/2014

I met Dawn at the bridal salon where I purchased my dress. They held what they called a "styling day" where they allowed their brides to get their hair and makeup done at the salon to see the full picture of what brides are envisioning to look like on their wedding day. At this point of the wedding planning, I hadn't even started to consider make-up. Luckily Dawn was the make-up artist that day. She was incredibly easy to talk to and listened to everything I say. She understood that I wanted to look like myself but just a little more enhanced version. My skin tone was well balanced and it barely felt like I had any type of foundation or powder on. She made my blue eyes pop and my lips were a perfect subtle pink to match my skin tone. Pretty much as soon as I saw the final product I knew I wanted to work with her. Since it was early on in my planning process I met with a few other artist but in the end no one was better than Dawn.
    Dawn was extremely flexible when it came to meeting for an additional trial and also with the contract when my bridesmaids changed their minds on whether they wanted to get their make-up done. All in all she did a fabulous job and I will be sure to recommend her to all of my friends with upcoming life events!

Sent on 11/17/2014

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks for taking the time to review me, I do appreciate it! Thanks!

Sara · Married on 09/06/2014

Absolute perfection. Dawn was hands down one of my most favorite wedding vendors of my entire wedding. Not only is she AMAZING at make up but she was such a delight to work with. If you want an easy, trustworthy, fun and professional makeup artist then you have to book her. My bridal party looked like movie stars. I'm not even exaggerating. My photographer literally kept referring to my one bridesmaid as "Jennifer Lawrence" because that's exactly who she looked like after Dawn did her makeup. My trial already gave me immediate confidence but what she did on my wedding day is just unreal. But truly- her breathtaking work and passion for her job is just one small reflection of her kind and spirited personality. She had my girls and me rolling with laughter the entire morning of. I had some day-of stress (family drama, who doesn't have it?) but she made it impossible to stress because I was too busy having a great time and gushing over my makeup! The English vocabulary doesn't even have a word that can explain how much I truly LOVED working with Dawn. Thank you thank, Dawn! You are a dream. :)

Sent on 10/22/2014

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

Sara you just made me tear up, what fantastic review! I felt very lucky to have had the chance to meet you and be apart of your very special day! You & your bridal party were so much fun to work with, which makes my job so much more easy to do! I love the comment about one of your bridesmaids being referred to as Jennifer Lawrence!!! Looking forward to getting pics from your photographer. You were absolutely gorgeous on your big day!

Danielle · Married on 07/05/2014

This is a review from the maid of honor perspective. Dawn recently provided her services for my sisters wedding a few weeks ago. She was phenomenal. I truly appreciated the fact that she was set up and ready to get started before the wedding party even arrived. She was personable and very knowledgeable about all of the different skin types that were present. She seems to really enjoy what she does and its evident in her work. My sister had a retro 50s themed wedding so of course I opt for a pin up look. I couldn't decide on my color palette for my make up so I told Dawn " work youre magic" AND SHE DID!!!!! I received multiple compliments the Entire Night ( which meant that the makeup lasted ; ) fabulosity still in tact) .

If you want a talented, fun make up artist who has years of experience and a true passion for her craft....then you need to call Dawn. Prices are totally reasonable and she is super flexible.

If I could give her 10 *s I would!

Sent on 07/31/2014

Muahhh! Thank you Danielle

Venilda · Married on 05/03/2014

Dawn Newsome was amazing,beautiful,she did a good job for me and for my sisters!! she's very professional,responsable and friendly,l definitely recommend anybody!!

Sent on 06/25/2014

Thank you, my pleasure!

shahrzad · Married on 04/19/2014

Dawn was soooo awesome to have do makeup at my wedding last weekend!! I first had my trial with her a few months ago and was really looking for someone who could nail big dramatic eyes and keep the rest more simple. She did just that. She really does smokey eyes beautifully! She arrived on time, set up and got work. The plan was for her to do 3 of us, but one bridesmaid jumped in after seeing how great everyone else's makeup looked! She is also very sweet and professional and just fun to be around. I highly recommend her. She does a BEAUTIFUL job! Looking at the photos now I can't get over how great we all looked!!

Sent on 04/26/2014

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks for the great review!

Natasha · Married on 03/29/2014

Dawn did my makeup for my wedding at the Willard in Washington, DC on March 29, 2014. I reached out to her only a month before the event, and it was one of the few days she had available! We did a test run at her house 2-3 weeks before the wedding, and she was very receptive to what kind of style I was looking for, and what changes I wanted to see for the actual wedding date. She made me feel comfortable and relaxed the entire time with her laid back, but completely professional, attitude. On the day of the wedding, she was already set up in the room with a smile when I showed up! A lot of make-up artists require that a certain number of girls get their make-up done, but she was very flexible on that since I was the only person that day who needed make-up done. She did a fantastic job and I got compliments all night. Would highly recommend her!

Sent on 06/23/2014

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks so much , it was my pleasure to work with you!

Dawn & her team were amazing! I've never looked so pretty! Super professional & fun to work with.

Sent on 01/10/2014

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

Thank you for the review.

I was assigned to Dawn when I called Bridal Artistry (as recommended by online reviews) for my wedding makeup and I couldn't have gotten luckier! I was thrilled with my final look - which was subtle with a hint of glamour, a difficult look to achieve as a South Asian bride! At my trial at her studio, Dawn appeared genuinely interested in what my vision was, and along with making her own recommendations was very receptive to any changes or additions I suggested. Though it took a while, at no time did I feel rushed. She even willingly let me come in a second time to mull again over lip color choices. She was punctual to arrive on the day and cheerfully accommodated additional family members at the last minute - all of whom were happy with their look. Her work and attitude is amazing - truly a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 01/21/2014

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

Thanks for the great review.
  • Chersharon

Chersharon · Married on 11/01/2013

OMG!!!! OMG!!!! Awesome talent.

Ladies,
    Dawn is AMAZING at her craft as a makeup artist. I was not one for wearing makeup, but after working with her I wear makeup everyday now. Not as dramatic as made me up for my photo shoot, but just enough to enhance my beauty. She provided services for my boudoir photo shoot and my wedding. I can't say enough nice things about Dawn. She is a real "down to earth" person and she listens to her client's requests. She knew the exact color combinations that worked best for me. We even experimented a little with the colors. I had too much fun and It was truly a pleasure working with her. She has a client for life!

Natalie · Married on 10/19/2013

Dawn did my make-up for my wedding, and she did an absolutely fantastic job! After my make-up trial with her, I ended up completely changing the style of make-up that I wanted for my actual wedding day, and Dawn easily went with the changes, and did a beautiful job. She also did my mom and maid of honor's make-up, and fake eyelashes for my bridesmaids, and everyone loved what she did.

Sue · Married on 10/05/2013

Dawn and her team provided hair and makeup services for my daughter's wedding. Everyone was extremely pleased with their appearance and we can't wait to see the pictures. The team arrived on time and worked diligently with us to make sure we were satisfied with their work. Would definitely recommend them to brides.

• markeetadwayne

Markeeta · Married on 09/08/2013

Dawn is absolutely amazing!!! She made me beautiful for my engagement photos and more beautiful on my wedding day. I couldn't believe it was me...:-) her personality is such a sweet one. She made me and my 10 bridesmaids feel comfortable. I was amazed that she serviced all us on her own. And we were on time.
    I appreciate Dawn for encouraging me and reminding me that it was my special day. My hubby loves her for making me beautiful as well. Everyone was impressed!!!

I recommend Dawn to anyone because she has the right touch and the right spirit!

Love you Dawn!!

Markeeta

Dawn was amazing! She made me look and feel absolutely beautiful on my wedding day! I left glamorous, but not at all overdone. And she did the same for several of my bridesmaids and was very flexible about adding an additional one at the last minute. She came to my hotel at no additional cost, making it very easy for me. I would HIGHLY recommend Dawn for wedding makeup!!

Dawn made sure I had a perfect flawless look for my wedding. The pictures turned out beautiful. I was so incredibly happy and could not have asked for a better make up artist!

Lindsay · Married on 08/31/2013

I first met Dawn at a Bridal Beauty day that my bridal salon was having. She was super nice, personable, and had such a positve energy surrounding her that even before she finished applying my make-up I knew that I wanted her to work with me for my wedding. I was not disappointed. The make-up that Dawn did for me at my bridal salon was fantastic and I booked her a few days later for my wedding. I later went for my trial which was part of my bridal package. Dawn listened to my ideas about what I wanted my make-up to look like on my wedding day and gave me some of her own. The end result was that I looked GORGEOUS on my wedding day. Dawn helped me to look and feel beautiful. She also did make-up for my bridesmaids, mother, and mother-in-law and everyone loved their look. One of my bridesmaids even hired her for her own wedding after her experience with Dawn at my wedding. Dawn has since done my make-up for a photo session and other events and I have been just as happy on those occasions. I know that I am in good hands when Dawn does my make-up. She is the best make-up artist I have ever worked with and I wont work with anyone else.

• Raven

Raven · Married on 08/24/2013

Wow!!!! Dawn is the best of the best!! She did my makeup for myself(the bride), 5 bridesmaids, and my mother. We were able to setup a trial 3 months prior to my wedding with the hair stylist as well. So I got an opportunity to see a complete look. At the trial, I gave her an idea of the style of my wedding and how I wanted to look. She took the look to an even higher level then I imagined. It was gorgeous. She also reassured me I could make any changes I wanted to the look between the trial and wedding time. It was totally up to me. Since I had a midday wedding beginning at 11am, it was important to start early on the wedding day. She was on time at 6am. She worked fast and completed everyone's look flawlessly. Everyone looked like they were on a cover of a magazine. Everyone commented on how perfect and flawless my makeup was. I wear makeup daily, but she took it to another level. The wedding was outside in August and she reassured me the makeup would stay all day. And that it did. My pictures look great at the end of the day. She even gave me lipstick and powder to freshen myself up when needed. She was very professional and she added to the calmness while we all got ready that morning. You can tell she is a PRO at this. Look no further when booking a makeup artist!!!!

• Sabrina

Sabrina · Married on 08/08/2013

Make up artist Dawn Newsome was my saving grace. A week before my wedding my make up artist cancelled. After going thru reviews and recommendations I contacted Dawn. With minimal notice she was willing to make adjustments and work with me and my bridal party. She brought her services to my wedding host hotel...and waited for me as I was a "late" bride. Dawn did more than apply makeup-she provided skin care tips as well as took the nervous edge off of getting married. Additionally her make up work was flawless. She managed to provide a natural and beautiful look on skin types ranging from dark skin and dry to very light skin and oily and age ranges from 18 to 40+. Bottom line-she is talented and trained.

• Siobhan

Siobhan · Married on 05/26/2013

Dawn really helped me feel confident and beautiful on my wedding and she is a friendly person who takes pride in her work. I truly impressed with her skill and professionalism (as a prior makeup trial with another artist was a huge disappointment). She handled my very nervous mom very well during the makeup application process and it warmed my heart so much! My bridesmaids also loved their makeup and we got so many compliments. My makeup lasted all day and even with me getting smooshed with cake in the face!!! I also appreciated how she would listen carefully to my own personal preferences on how I normally do my makeup and was very receptive if I wanted to make little changes before we were all done. She was an absolute joy to work with and I absolutely recommend her to any bride.

Sent on 07/21/2013

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

Hi Siobhan what a sweet review. You did my work proud! I really appreciate it! Thank you. Please Please send me some pictures so I can post on my website.

Helai · Married on 05/11/2013

Dawn did a thoroughly amazing job on my wedding day bridal makeup. I have never been one to wear a lot of makeup (nor do I have the skills to aptly apply it) and Dawn made sure my wedding makeup was incredibly natural and very complimentary. I had an incredibly diverse group for my bridal party and Dawn was able to accentuate everyone's personal look with ease.
    What was particularly wonderful was that we had initially stated that only 4 of us would be getting our makeup done - but sure enough, as soon as the rest of the party saw how great Dawn was everyone lined up for their turn. Dawn was able to do makeup for all 10 of us in the same amount of time and without cutting any corners.

I would recommend Dawn's services to anyone!

Sent on 11/22/2013

Dawn Newsome Makeup Artist's reply:

Hi Helai, Thank you for such a fantasic review. It was such a pleasure to be a part of your special day! Thanks again! Best wishes