Makeup by Mimi Tran

Washington, DC View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Makeup by Mimi Tran is a wedding beauty service based in Washington, DC. Mimi Tran is a professional makeup artist who holds a degree in art from the University of Maryland at College Park. With more than a decade of experience in the cosmetic industry, she is well-known for her precision and keen eye for color. Throughout her illustrious career she has worked for CHANEL, Laura Mercier, and Benefit cosmetics, among others. She was also chosen as "The Best Makeup Artist in Washington, DC" by InStyle Magazine in 2010.

Makeup by Mimi Tran's clients include Oscar winners and television personalities, so she knows how to create the breathtaking look of your wildest dreams. On your special occasion, she will bring her unbridled enthusiasm and artistic abilities to you and your wedding party. Her services include hair and makeup, fake lashes, pedicures and manicures, facials, massages, trials, and more.

• Asian-owned
  • Woman-owned

What is the base price for blowouts for brides?

$100

What is the price of trial service for blowouts for brides?

$25

What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members?

$100

What is the price of trial service for blowouts for attendants/family members?

$15

What is the base price for updos/styling for brides?

$160

What is the price of trial service for updos/styling for brides?

$100

What is the base price for updos/styling for attendants/family members?

$120

$15

What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?

$280

What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides?

$75

What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?

$300

What is the price of trial service for airbrush makeup for brides?

$100

What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?

$105

$10

Does makeup price include false lashes?

What is the base price for manicures?

$5

What is the base price for pedicures?

$5

What is the starting price for facials?

$10

What is the starting price for massage therapy?

$25

What is the starting price for body art?

$15

What is the starting price for fitness/health services?

$10

What is the starting price for tanning services?

$10

Which of the following are included in prices?

Consultation

What beauty services do you offer?

Consultations
Hair
Makeup
Men's Grooming

What hair services do you offer?

Blowouts
Updos / Styling
On-Site Hair

What makeup services do you offer?

Airbrush Makeup
Makeup Trial
Fake Lashes
Brow/Lash Tinting
Tattoo Coverage

What hair removal services do you offer?

Shaving
Tweezing

What fitness/health services do you offer?

Weight-loss Plans

Laura K. Married on 03/26/2022

Incredible!

Mimi is incredibly talented!! She made our entire 10-person wedding party look absolutely stunning in just a few hours. Could not recommend her more highly.
  • Kelsey
    Kelsey G. Married on 10/09/2021

Mimi and her team saved my wedding

I had an unfortunate situation with a hair/makeup artist who left me—and my entire wedding party of 9 women—high and dry 8 weeks before my wedding day. I reached out to Mimi, as she had done the makeup for my bridesmaid's wedding several months prior. While Mimi was not available for the day, Bbee (her team member) was! I went for my trial at Bbee's apartment in Arlington on a Sunday morning. I had been planning an out-of-state wedding between NC and VA, and it was very tricky to schedule trials, because I work during the week and would have to drive to VA. Mimi and Bbee were very flexible in scheduling a weekend trial to accommodate this, which was hugely convenient for me. Bbee did incredible work on the trial and was very responsive to several small tweaks I made! The trial makeup stayed ALL day and I left feeling very confident I was in good hands for the wedding day.

Even though Mimi did not do my makeup on the day, she was very involved throughout the process. I ordered some Chanel items through Mimi for touchups (loose powder, concealer, lipstick, and lip liner)—all excellent quality that I will be able to use long after my wedding day was over. Mimi scheduled a FaceTime tutorial to walk me through how to do the touch-ups. Shortly after my trial, I changed my mind and wanted a slightly darker lip color; Mimi promptly sent over some photos of color samples, so I could choose. Finally, I had some trouble with pore sinkage with the original primer combination (I have oily skin)—Mimi worked very closely with Bbee to formulate a better combination of primer and finishing spray/powder.

On my wedding day, my makeup looked absolutely flawless. My wedding party, too! My mom looked the most beautiful she has every looked. Would recommend Mimi and Bbee to anyone!

Photo credit: Jen Harvey Photography

Makeup by Mimi Tran's reply:

Aw thank you much Kelsey for your kind review!! We are so happy you were able to save the day and loved your makeup! You look stunning! Wishing you and your hubby a life time of happiness!
  • Britt
    Britt G. Married on 09/18/2021

Believe the Photos!

I found Mimi in somewhat of a panic after my original makeup vendor was a nightmare to work with during COVID delays and I decided to go a different direction. I am SO glad that experience led me to Mimi. She was incredibly responsive and listened to the look I was going for. I never wear makeup, and I was nervous I wouldn't look like myself during my wedding. Mimi was somehow able to make me look "done up" yet like myself for my big day. My mom and I both did trials with Mimi and were totally satisfied after. On the day of, Mimi and her assistant were stress-free and easy to work with. Mimi even helped me put my veil on after my hair vendor forgot and left the hotel! Choose Mimi for your wedding makeup and you won't regret it.

Makeup by Mimi Tran's reply:

Aw thank you Britt for the kind words! We were so grateful to be part of your special day and getting to spend it with your mom and your party. Wishing you and hubby and lifetime of love, happiness, and peace.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

AW SixThirty AW SixThirty Wedding Hair & Makeup

I have worked with Mimi on several jobs. She takes pride in her craft. Mimi is a true professional. I always look forward to working with her. Mimi is such a joy to be around. She is a preferred vendor I would refer to clients.

1267 Wisconsin Ave NW Washington, DC, 20007
Location of (Makeup by Mimi Tran)
317 Prettyman Dr. Rockville, MD, 20850