Washington, DC 20005 Map · Phone number

About Makeup by Mimi Tran

Mimi Tran is a professional makeup artist based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Mimi has a degree in Art from the University of Maryland at College Park and over a decade of cosmetic experience. She is renown for her precision and keen eye for color. Her artistry background includes CHANEL, Laura Mercier, Chantecaille, and Benefit cosmetics. In 2012 Mimi was chosen to be one of CHANEL’s elite artists, a distinction only given to the top 5% of all CHANEL makeup artists in the nation. Currently, Mimi travels on assignments with CHANEL and resides as their Makeup Specialist in Chevy Chase, MD.

Editorially, Mimi was chosen as The Best Makeup Artist in Washington, D.C. by InStyle Magazine, December 2010. Mimi’s work has been published in a variety of different publications that include The Knot, Washingtonian, Washington Life, Modern Luxury Weddings, Martha Stuart Weddings, and Virginia Brides magazine.

Mimi’s clients span a diverse spectrum of industries and include, Oscar Award winners, television personalities, CEOs and runway. Her passion and intense love for her craft is evident with every interaction she has with her clients. This pure and unbridled enthusiasm for her artistry facilitates and fosters her mission to bring out the best in every person so they can look and feel beautiful.

Follow Makeup by Mimi Tran on

Makeup by Mimi Tran 4
Makeup by Mimi Tran 5

lindsay · Married on 10/13/2018

Incredible experience!

Let me start by saying that I normally hate getting my makeup done. Nearly everytime, I remove my makeup as soon as it was on and redo it myself. I was nervous about finding someone I like for my own wedding and a friend insisted I contact Mimi. It was the Best. Decision. Ever. I cant say enough wonderful things about my experience. She is so talented and fun and truly great at what she does. She perfected my makeup and look on my wedding day and made me look beautiful and special but still like myself. My bridesmaids looked stunning. I just hope I have more special occasions coming up so I can hang out with Mimi again. She was such a great addition to the day and provided such great energy in the bridal suite the day of. To all the brides reading this review, look no further!

• Rachel

Rachel Sorrentino · Married on 09/29/2018

Mimi is a rockstar!

Not only is Mimi extremely talented at her job (my make-up has and never will look better than it did on my wedding day), but she is also such a dream to work with. She is extremely professional but is also so friendly, sweet and down to earth. From the early stages of planning up until the wedding day, Mimi was so flexible and accommodating to the ever-evolving needs of my (massive) bridal party. We had over 20 people who needed make-up for my wedding and Mimi was able to secure an incredible team of pros who all worked so efficiently and smoothly on the day-of. I can't say enough amazing things about Mimi and her team. I also received countless compliments on how amazing my make-up looked, but one of the biggest things I loved about her style is that she made me look like the best version of myself. It lasted the whole day & night but didn't ever look caked on or overdone. It was perfect! I would recommend her a million times over!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Makeup by Mimi Tran's reply:

Thank you also much Rachel for your raving review! You are a beautiful person inside and out and I am so grateful that I had the chance to work with you and your wedding party!

Lauren · Married on 06/24/2018

Loved working with Mimi! Very accommodating to a bride who wanted very little makeup. Easy to do trials at her location in Friendship Heights.

Sent on 06/29/2018

Makeup by Mimi Tran's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Lauren! It was such a pleasure to be part of the L&L wedding!

Award

Makeup by Mimi Tran FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides? $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members? $ 60.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 250.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides? $ 280.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members? $ 110.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? No
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer? Hair, Makeup, Men's Grooming
  • What hair services do you offer? Blowouts, On-Site Hair
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 20

• AW SixThirty
    AW SixThirty Wedding Hair & Makeup

I have worked with Mimi on several jobs. She takes pride in her craft. Mimi is a true professional. I always look forward to working with her. Mimi is such a joy to be around. She is a preferred vendor I would refer to clients.

• Washington, 20005 See on map