Washington, DC 20005 Map · Phone number

About Makeup by Mimi Tran

Mimi Tran is a professional makeup artist based in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Mimi has a degree in Art from the University of Maryland at College Park and over a decade of cosmetic experience. She is renown for her precision and keen eye for color. Her artistry background includes CHANEL, Laura Mercier, Chantecaille, and Benefit cosmetics. In 2012 Mimi was chosen to be one of CHANEL’s elite artists, a distinction only given to the top 5% of all CHANEL makeup artists in the nation. Currently, Mimi travels on assignments with CHANEL and resides as their Makeup Specialist in Chevy Chase, MD.

Editorially, Mimi was chosen as The Best Makeup Artist in Washington, D.C. by InStyle Magazine, December 2010. Mimi’s work has been published in a variety of different publications that include The Knot, Washingtonian, Washington Life, Modern Luxury Weddings, Martha Stuart Weddings, and Virginia Brides magazine.

Mimi’s clients span a diverse spectrum of industries and include, Oscar Award winners, television personalities, CEOs and runway. Her passion and intense love for her craft is evident with every interaction she has with her clients. This pure and unbridled enthusiasm for her artistry facilitates and fosters her mission to bring out the best in every person so they can look and feel beautiful.

Follow Makeup by Mimi Tran on

0192hmimg0013

26 Reviews for Makeup by Mimi Tran

• Boer

Boer Deng · Married on 11/03/2019

Calm, professional and just great!

Mimi was so calm and professional. My make up and hair turned out beautifully. Would definitely recommend her work!

Sent on 11/06/2019

Makeup by Mimi Tran's reply:

Thank you so much for having us! You are such a beauty inside and out. Congratulations and best wishes to you.

Heather · Married on 11/02/2019

Amazing Makeup, Wonderful Service

MIMI IS THE BEST! I've had my makeup done numerous times as a bridesmaid, maid of honor, etc, but Mimi's work is above and beyond the best makeup application I have ever had. I couldn't be happier with her work on my wedding. I looked stunning and my bridesmaids all looked beautiful. Most importantly, Mimi worked with me to give me the look that I wanted on my special day - she really listened to my requests and to what was important to me and gave me the perfect look that made me feel comfortable and beautiful. I looked and felt so glamorous and I got so many compliments from guests. Also, Mimi took special care with my mother-in-law, who struggles with hair loss. She taught her how to define her eyebrows and apply eyelashes in advance of the wedding so she could look and feel her best. Her care and compassion were a step above! Plus, Mimi was always very responsive over email and any questions I had were always answered right away. She is great to work with and you will never look better!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Amy

Amy Su · Married on 11/02/2019

Makeup artist wizard!

If you are considering a make-up artist, you MUST book Mimi! She is truly an artist at what she does. I only wish I had found her out sooner. I booked Mimi to do my make-up (including 4 bridesmaids and my mom) for my wedding on November 2019. Booking and communications with Mimi was easy and she was always so prompt to respond. During my initial consultation with her, I immediately clicked with her. She takes in every detail of your wedding to help make sure you look your best on your day. I was taken aback at the questions she had asked because other makeup artists I had tried before her did not care to consider the color of my wedding/bridesmaids dresses/colors I liked and wanted to stay away from etc. Immediately I knew I was in good hands.

From my personal (Asian) experience in having my make-up done, I always end up looking too overly done or not look like myself. These are things I did not want to look like in my wedding pictures. Pictures I paid a lot of money for and will last a lifetime. Ladies, if you have had those bad experiences with a makeup artist before, trust me. Mimi is by far THE best! She perfectly blended eyeshadows on my non-existent Asian mono-lids and lightly contoured/highlighted my face.

I only wish I can show you my before/after pictures and how beautiful and radiant my makeup turned out for my wedding. I felt my most beautiful on my wedding day and reflecting back on that day it was made possible by Mimi! Yes, my dress was beautiful and my hair was too but without Mimi’s artistic touch on my face, I would not have looked and felt my best :)

For all you ladies who are going back and forth, I went with the air brush foundation service for my wedding day. I did a liquid and air brush foundation make-up consultation with Mimi. They both felt fine but on the day of I wanted to go with the fancy service and I do not regret it. My face stayed flawless from the time I had my makeup done (12pm) through happy tears during the ceremony and reception to when I came back from my after party (2AM) lol :)

Sent on 12/20/2019

Makeup by Mimi Tran's reply:

Aww!! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough and kind review! Loved being part of your big day and that I was able to make you so happy! You looked stunning and I look forward to helping glam up for any future events!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Makeup by Mimi Tran FAQ

• What is the base price for blowouts for brides?
    $ 75.00
  • What is the base price for blowouts for attendants/family members?
    $ 60.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides?
    $ 250.00
  • What is the base price for airbrush makeup for brides?
    $ 280.00
  • What is the base price for traditional makeup for attendants/family members?
    $ 110.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes?
  • Which of the following are included in prices?
    Consultation
  • What beauty services do you offer?
    Hair
    Makeup
    Men's Grooming
  • What hair services do you offer?
    Blowouts
    On-Site Hair
  • What makeup services do you offer?
    Airbrush Makeup
    Makeup Trial
    Fake Lashes
    Brow/Lash Tinting
    Tattoo Coverage
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate?

• AW SixThirty Wedding Hair & Makeup

I have worked with Mimi on several jobs. She takes pride in her craft. Mimi is a true professional. I always look forward to working with her. Mimi is such a joy to be around. She is a preferred vendor I would refer to clients.

• Washington, 20005 See on map
    Location of (Makeup by Mimi Tran)