Makeup by Mimi Tran Reviews

Makeup by Mimi Tran 5
Makeup by Mimi Tran 6

Heather · Getting married on 11/02/2019

Amazing Makeup, Wonderful Service

MIMI IS THE BEST! I've had my makeup done numerous times as a bridesmaid, maid of honor, etc, but Mimi's work is above and beyond the best makeup application I have ever had. I couldn't be happier with her work on my wedding. I looked stunning and my bridesmaids all looked beautiful. Most importantly, Mimi worked with me to give me the look that I wanted on my special day - she really listened to my requests and to what was important to me and gave me the perfect look that made me feel comfortable and beautiful. I looked and felt so glamorous and I got so many compliments from guests. Also, Mimi took special care with my mother-in-law, who struggles with hair loss. She taught her how to define her eyebrows and apply eyelashes in advance of the wedding so she could look and feel her best. Her care and compassion were a step above! Plus, Mimi was always very responsive over email and any questions I had were always answered right away. She is great to work with and you will never look better!

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Tiffany

Tiffany Chang · Married on 06/22/2019

The best makeup artist ever! :)

I stumbled upon Mimi's website while browsing through the internet in search of a makeup artist to do my bridal makeup on my wedding day and I'm so happy that I did! Mimi was very responsive to the many e-mails I sent her, and she is very professional yet sweet and kind at the same time! She was able to replicate the makeup look I showed her on my phone in just one go! She did makeup for myself and my bridesmaids and all of them were completely over the moon with how their look turned out! The makeup remained flawless for the entire night, even after hugging a ton of people and having others literally touch my face - no smudges at all! My coordinator even asked me who did my makeup as she was amazed that I still looked as fresh as I did when I first showed up! I couldn't recommend Mimi enough and definitely hope to have another opportunity to work with her again in the future :)

Sent on 06/26/2019

Laura Heller · Married on 05/12/2019

Amazing Make Up Artist

Mimi and her assistant did an AMAZING job with the make-up at my wedding. She did mine as well as my two bridesmaids, my mother, and my mother-in-law. All of us looked gorgeous and our make-up still looked flawless at the end of a very rainy wedding. I would definitely recommend Mimi to anyone (and already have!).

Sent on 05/19/2019

Heidi · Married on 04/28/2019

Perfect makeup for wedding day!

Mimi was amazing to work with!! I'm so glad she was available for my wedding day. I'm very particular about my eyes and we did about 4 trials with different looks to get the look I wanted. She was very open to my requests and flexible with timing. Her work is amazing and she's super fun too!! I would definitely hire her again for any event!

Sent on 06/30/2019
    Makeup by Mimi Tran 7

Annabelle Upton · Married on 04/27/2019

Wedding Day Make Up

Mimi did the BEST job for my Wedding Day Makeup! I absolutely LOVED what she did, my make up was flawless. She is so sweet and kind and she made me feel SO calm the morning of my big day. Would 100% recommend her to any of my girlfriends, her products are amazing as is she!

Sent on 07/07/2019

lindsay · Married on 10/13/2018

Incredible experience!

Let me start by saying that I normally hate getting my makeup done. Nearly everytime, I remove my makeup as soon as it was on and redo it myself. I was nervous about finding someone I like for my own wedding and a friend insisted I contact Mimi. It was the Best. Decision. Ever. I cant say enough wonderful things about my experience. She is so talented and fun and truly great at what she does. She perfected my makeup and look on my wedding day and made me look beautiful and special but still like myself. My bridesmaids looked stunning. I just hope I have more special occasions coming up so I can hang out with Mimi again. She was such a great addition to the day and provided such great energy in the bridal suite the day of. To all the brides reading this review, look no further!

Sent on 01/11/2019
  • Rachel

Rachel Sorrentino · Married on 09/29/2018

Mimi is a rockstar!

Not only is Mimi extremely talented at her job (my make-up has and never will look better than it did on my wedding day), but she is also such a dream to work with. She is extremely professional but is also so friendly, sweet and down to earth. From the early stages of planning up until the wedding day, Mimi was so flexible and accommodating to the ever-evolving needs of my (massive) bridal party. We had over 20 people who needed make-up for my wedding and Mimi was able to secure an incredible team of pros who all worked so efficiently and smoothly on the day-of. I can't say enough amazing things about Mimi and her team. I also received countless compliments on how amazing my make-up looked, but one of the biggest things I loved about her style is that she made me look like the best version of myself. It lasted the whole day & night but didn't ever look caked on or overdone. It was perfect! I would recommend her a million times over!

Sent on 01/10/2019

Makeup by Mimi Tran's reply:

Thank you also much Rachel for your raving review! You are a beautiful person inside and out and I am so grateful that I had the chance to work with you and your wedding party!

Jacquelin Hoffman · Married on 09/08/2018

Wonderful to work with!

Mimi is friendly, sweet, and easy to work with. She did a wonderful job with not only my make-up for my wedding, but my maid of honors as well. The makeup looked natural, and there was no hesitation when I asked her to adjust certain areas. I would recommend Mimi to anyone!

(She really goes above and beyond with a smile--she even helped to button up my wedding dress!)

Sent on 02/25/2019

Makeup by Mimi Tran's reply:

Thank you so much Jacqueline for entrusying in me for your special day before even meeting me. You are such a sweet and kind person that I’m so happy I was able to make it easy for you since it was a destination wedding for you. Best wishes to you and hubby. Hopefully you’ll move to DC one day! :)
  • I

Ivy · Married on 08/18/2018

Thoughtful, Professional, the absolute best MUA for your perfect wedding look

Mimi has my highest recommendation as a Makeup Artist not only because of her professionalism and dedication to doing whatever it takes to create the look of your dreams, she was thoughtful before and throughout wedding day without us asking. At every turn, when you are feeling like you need a makeup touch-up between photos or when you think your makeup still looks good but it's missing structure through the camera, Mimi catches all of those moments. For someone who did not pay much attention to skincare, she made me feel absolutely stunning and radiant before and during the wedding. Apart from being immensely talented and knowledgeable with skincare, her dedication to her work made sure I looked beautiful even throughout all the dancing during the reception. Mimi is that essential element to an effortless wedding day and everlastingly photos of the best moments of your life. She continues to be my go-to makeup artist to this day.

Sent on 07/01/2019

Makeup by Mimi Tran's reply:

Thank you ivy for having me! It was such a pleasure spending the beautiful day with you and I look forward to glamming you up all over again!

Lauren · Married on 06/24/2018

Loved working with Mimi! Very accommodating to a bride who wanted very little makeup. Easy to do trials at her location in Friendship Heights.

Sent on 06/29/2018

Makeup by Mimi Tran's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Lauren! It was such a pleasure to be part of the L&L wedding!

Melissa · Married on 05/05/2018

Mimi is outstanding & I my wedding night was complete because of her amazing make up. She is so professional, sophisticated & gorgeous in every way. She is worth every cent, and I highly recommend her to any bride. Thank you Mimi for the amazing makeup for my dream wedding night. Everyone commented on how gorgeous I looked, thanks to you!

Sent on 05/10/2018
    Makeup by Mimi Tran 8
    Makeup by Mimi Tran 9

Makeup by Mimi Tran's reply:

Thank you beautiful! I loved being part of your special day!
  • I

ilana · Married on 01/14/2018

My experience with Mimi was amazing! She is truly an expert with makeup and I felt so beautiful during my entire wedding day!

Sent on 10/08/2018

Jen · Married on 11/12/2017

Mimi Tran provided the makeup services for my wedding just recently, and we were so very impressed with her work and professionalism. Mimi showed strengths in her skill set with respect to communication, being flexible to needs of individuals, and through her pure talent. We couldn't have asked for a better experience, and we are so very grateful that we were able to have Mimi provide her services for our event. Thank you Mimi!

Sent on 11/24/2017

Tara · Married on 09/09/2017

Mimi and her team were absolutely wonderful on our wedding day! They made up 9 of us, including airbrush service and lashes, and it all looked beautiful! I wear some Chanel makeup normally, so I felt like an enhanced version of my natural self. The quality is great. Everyone loved their makeup, and I even wore my lashes through some of my honeymoon.

Sent on 04/19/2018
    Makeup by Mimi Tran 10

Danielle · Married on 04/21/2017

Mimi is wonderful! She’s done my makeup for my bridal portraits, my wedding and other special events and always knocks it out of the park! She’s responsive, a joy to be around, and always listens and executes your visions She’s super calm too which is especially great to be around when you’re getting ready for one of the biggest events of your life! Would recommend every time!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Makeup by Mimi Tran's reply:

Thank you so much Danielle! You are one stunner and it’s always a pleasure to your beauty face!

Laura · Married on 03/11/2017

She has such incredible talent!! She is so easy to work with and her make up is beautiful and her focus is flawless beauty! She also focuses on enhancing your natural beauty as well. Looked beautiful on my wedding day thanks to her. She's also very sweet :)

Sent on 03/19/2017

Katie · Married on 11/21/2015

I found Mimi through my wedding planner who used her for her own wedding make-up. From start to finish every part of working with Mimi was easy and exceptional quality. She has such an eye for what shades look good, and she listens and incorporates any direction you may share. She did my bridal make-up as well as both mothers and 4 bridesmaids single handedly. It saved us money to not have an additional make-up artist. She was efficient and lovely to work with. I have never been so happy with my make-up as when Mimi did it, and I have been trying to find a reason to have her do it again!

Sent on 10/10/2018
    Makeup by Mimi Tran 11

Makeup by Mimi Tran's reply:

Aw thank you Katie! You are such a sweet and beauty bride. I’m here for you when find that event to go to or just want a makeup refresher! Btw, I don’t think I have that photo of you! Your eyes are so bright and blue! LOVE!

Caroline D. · Married on 11/07/2015

Amazing, Amazing, Amazing!!

Mimi was an absolute dream to work with! My bridesmaids and I loved the make up she did on my big day. She was extremely professional, efficient and did an overall amazing job! I would recommend her over and over again!

Sent on 01/08/2019

Makeup by Mimi Tran's reply:

Thank you Caroline for your sweet words. You are such a beautiful bride and I am so happy I was able to work with you and your bridal party!

Mimi Is by far the best make up artist I have ever worked with!! She spent the whole day with me for my wedding which featured two looks! She was able to do the second look during cocktail hour so quickly and I was BEYOND happy!! She was willing to be there from 10am-8pm and was always there for touch ups and making sure I looked perfect for every picture! I was beyond happy with every bit of my makeup and my whole families too! They all LOVED their makeup. Mimi's calm personality really helped me as well since the rest of the day seemed so chaotic! She was a joy to have in the bridal suite. I would recommend her 10000 times over. Any future events I have, I will 100% have Mimi do my make up!

Sent on 05/09/2018
    Makeup by Mimi Tran 12

Margo · Married on 08/08/2010

Mimi did such a great job for my wedding day makeup and I have continued to use her makeup services over the years when I need to look my best. I wholeheartedly recommend her to clients, friends and family!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Makeup by Mimi Tran's reply:

Thank you Margo for your support always! Love seeing you your family grow and prosper!