Open Box Designs

Pomona, CA View map

www.OpenBoxDesigns.com

"You can dream, design, and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney

Whether you are in desperate need of some last minute planning, or you want the guidance and advice of our team to create and produce an event as unique and special as you, we are here. We specialize in exclusive weddings, corporate soirees, and private parties. Whether out of the box or traditional, we will make your event the envy of all who attend and some who don’t.

Open Box Designs is an exclusive event design company owned and founded by Certified Wedding Consultant and Event Designer, Chara Swodeck. She has a background in broadcast production and non-profit event planning. She holds her B.A. in Communication and Marketing. Chara’s uncompromising eye for detail and “out of the box” thinking guarantees your event will be handled with experience and expertise.

Gallery provided at www.OpenBoxDesigns.com

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$2,500.00

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$5,000.00

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$95.00

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Day-of Coordination
Event Design
Full Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Double Weddings
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

Jenny Married on 06/16/2012
    Without Chara and the rest of the amazing people behind Open Box Designs our wedding day would not have been so incredibly special. We asked for help planning our day without knowing that we would be getting a %100 personalized event complete with creative brilliance and love put into every detail. Weddings are a stressful process but Chara made it as enjoyable and easy as it could ever be with her intense organization, thoughtfulness and efficiency. She is incredibly knowledgeable and very inspiring. Every element and product of Open Box Designs was delivered beautifully and exceeded our expectations. We can't imagine having done it without Chara!
    Ashley Married on 11/19/2011
    We had planned a mini California wedding ceremony and happened to "let her (Chara) know" about it. She miraculously whipped up an intimate and classy ceremony for us in THREE DAYS! Set us up with a photographer, and a cool art gallery as our ceremony's setting. It was amazing!
    We've witnessed her work at several of our friend's weddings here in SoCal, and they were all done in excellence. So when it was time to plan our Hawaii ceremony/reception, we knew we had to have Chara plan it! She knew exactly what had to get done, and get them done in a professional and orderly fashion. She also worked through many wedding day "surprises" that arose, and handled them with poise and integrity.
    It truly takes special gifts to be able to handle the stresses of wedding planning. Chara is a gift. She has a lot of wedding planning experience (and even teaches courses on wedding planning), so you know you're prepared for anything with Chara on your side. Plus, she has a smile that puts you at ease. And when it's time to hit the dance floor at the end of the reception, you just can't help but be happy everything looked amazing, and that your special day went smoothly.
    We highly recommend Chara and Open Box Designs! Let your memories last a lifetime!

Open Box Designs's reply:

Mahalo nui loa Ashley & Junior...you two are amazing! You are one of the sweetest couples I've ever worked with, which makes my job less of a job...its why I love what I do. I can provide for a well deserving couple like yourself - a wonderful, memorable experience with minimal stress. I appreciate you letting me come in and be part of your intimate gallery ceremony and trusting me to come to Hawaii with you for your huge family celebration. (I now have stories to last a lifetime) ;) Me ka ha`aha`a.
    Amy Married on 11/06/2010
    I wouldn't exactly have called myself a "bridezilla," during the time I was planning my wedding, but do have to admit I was a bit of a control freak and had a difficult time letting go of the reins. My then fiance and now husband and I searched for the perfect wedding planner, first in Hawaii (as we planned on marrying there originally) and then in California. To be perfectly honest, we must have met with over a DOZEN planners both here in California and in Hawaii. We found Chara of Open Box Designs through Wedding Wire, did some research and decided to send her an e-mail. When we first met up with her, we knew we found our planner! She was super friendly, easy to get along with and genuinely cared about the vision we had for our wedding. I remember her diligently taking notes as we spoke about the many ideas we had envisioned for our special day. It was because of Chara, we were able to make our dream of having a FABULOUS wedding into a reality.

We hired Chara, May of 2009 and she helped us throughout each step of the planning process. We spent numerous hours with her driving up and down Southern California looking for the perfect venues for our wedding and reception. On one particular trip, she had suggested we check out this place called, Casa Romantica in San Clemente. I had heard of it before, but thought it would be out of our price range and was hesitant to even see it. She suggested we check it out anyway since we were in the neighborhood. When my husband and I first saw the place, we KNEW this was the place to have our reception! It was beautiful. A lovely estate sitting on top of bluff looking over the ocean and San Clemente Pier. I would never in my life have dreamed of having our reception at such an awesome place, but because of Chara we did! She helped us find awesome vendors too and made the whole process of planning a wedding fun and less stressful. I can honestly say that my hubby and I looked forward to days we would meet up with Chara as she was so fun to work with!! :)

One of the things I loved about Chara was that she wanted to make sure we as a couple were happy. When meeting with vendors or talking about ideas, she would always ask us if we "Loved it? Liked it? Gotta have it ? Or is it just mehh?" This is very important as often times, couples will just settle on things just for the sake of not having to deal with a certain subject anymore. But for Chara, this was not acceptable. She wants to make sure you are getting what you want and are happy and sure of your decision. If things were not to our liking, Chara always wanted to know, so she could make things right. I always felt comfortable being able to share my thoughts or concerns with her, knowing that she would come up with solutions or ideas to fix any issues that came up. One of the things I noticed about Chara was that she was always good at reading her client's facial expressions or vibes. She always knew when I was uncomfortable or unhappy with something, even if I never verbalized anything. I guess you can say that she can add mind reading as one of her talents. :)

Another thing that I loved about Chara was that she used a program called Basecamp to help the communication process between her and her clients. With Basecamp, you as a client can log on and share pictures, ideas, messages and sooo more. Basecamp helped keep us on track with our budget and meeting deadlines and overall kept everything ORGANIZED!!! I loved Basecamp so much, I can honestly say, I think I was addicted. :) :) I must have sent Chara over a THOUSAND messages (and I am being completely serious here!) between e-mail and Basecamp and drove her insane. LOL! LOL! :)

As for the actual wedding day, everything went off quite smoothly. There were a few glitches, but nothing major and nothing that Chara couldn't handle. It was comforting to know that we had her and her assistants at our side and making sure we were comfortable and happy. It was an amazing thing to see how everything we had planned, envisioned, worked so hard for was playing out before our very own eyes. Every little detail from the decor, to the martini bar, Polynesian dancers, lighting, music, food, dessert/coffee station, wedding cake and bubble machine in the end was fabulous! Many of our guests told us that this was probably one of the best weddings they had ever attended as it seemed like there were always surprises for them throughout the evening. One of our guests commented, "This was the best wedding ever! We had so much fun!! It was the wedding of the century!"

If my husband and I were ever to get married again, we would hire Chara in a heartbeat. Hiring Chara was probably one of the best decisions we made when we were planning our special day. I can honestly say, that my husband and I are blessed as not only did we have an awesome and memorable wedding, but also gained a wonderful friend in the process.

Open Box Designs's reply:

Oh my goodness, Amy and Marc you were so amazing and are officially going down in the history books. I absolutely loved working with you and really do miss my midnight messages on Basecamp and especially our San Clemente foodie sessions.

Thank you so much for sharing your heart in this review. I'm so glad you enjoyed the process. Its what I aspire to do...create that perfect event for you. But then again, we still have Baby Showers and Anniversaries in the future, right?! LOL!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Deals

Open Box Designs 1
Gift
You may be newly engaged and just starting the wedding planning process or maybe you've already been planning and you need a little support...here's a FREE Personal Design Meeting just for you. Lets get together, for 45 minutes, over coffee to discuss your wedding. ($70 value)

Rachel Rausch Photography Rachel Rausch Photography Wedding Photographers

I loved working with Chara! She was always pleasant, on the spot when I needed her and her brides loved her, too. Cool under pressure, organized and just wonderful to work with. My first choice for my LA Brides.

Calligraphy by Angela Calligraphy by Angela Wedding Invitations

I recommend the services of {Chara Nicole} Open Box Design to make your Wedding Day a one-of-a-kind event that will be remembered and cherished by you and all your guests for years to come. ~~ Angela www.calligraphybyangela.com 214 957 2155 Dallas Calligrapher

PrimeTime Music & Entertainment PrimeTime Music & Entertainment Wedding DJs

I've had the pleasure to work many premiere wedding celebrations with Open Box Designs for the past several years. Chara is more than personable, very likable, & a true professional! She creates the best wedding experience for her brides/clients that only someone with her experience can! When you want one of the best wedding coordinators in the business, look no further. Chara is my first choice when I refer a wedding planner!

543 West 2nd Street Pomona, 91766

{by appointment only}
Location of (Open Box Designs)

Other vendors in Los Angeles for your wedding