Reston, VA 20194 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Makeup By Shirin

SHIRIN RATNER is a professional makeup artist based in Northern Virginia. Shirin's fine arts degree from Virginia Commonwealth University, where she majored in painting and printmaking, provides her with a unique style and approach. She's able to combine classic techniques with a modern and cosmopolitan touch.

Shirin has been a makeup artist for 8 years, and worked for 4 years at MAC, including several years at their charming store in Brooklyn, NY. While in New York, she also did contract work, weddings, and special events.

Shirin has been a part of countless brides' special days and has been showered with thank you notes and referrals from satisfied clients. Shirin puts her clients instantly at ease by making them feel comfortable, respected and most importantly, looking and feeling their absolute best!

Follow Makeup By Shirin on

Makeup By Shirin 6
Makeup By Shirin 7

Erin · Married on 10/07/2018

Book. Her. Now.

Shirin is awesome! She is so talented and was also a blast to hang out with on my wedding day. My bridesmaids and my mom all loved her and everyone felt beautiful. I think it's often hard for makeup artists to be able to do makeup for an entire bridal party and for everyone to be completely satisfied and comfortable/confident with how they look! When I did my trial, I kept changing my mind about lip color and Shirin was patient and changed the color back and forth until I was happy (which ended up being the color she originally picked)! Sometimes it seems like a color might be too dark, but it really turns out perfectly in pictures. Thank you for making me, my mom, and my bridesmaids look and feel beautiful! I'm passing your name on to anyone I know that is getting married!

Carly · Married on 10/06/2018

Makeup fairy godmother

Is there a way to give 10 stars? Shirin is the actual fairy godmother from Cinderella (only way younger and stylish) sent to make you feel like a GODDESS on your wedding day. She has done my makeup a few times over the years and I literally had her schedule in front of me when I looked for venues because I knew I could only pick a date she was free! She can do anything from a soft natural look to a full on glam look and will truly make you feel like a queen on your big day! Best part-- you look GORGEOUS in photos AND in person because she knows how to make your skin look flawless without looking over done. Top it off with the fact that she is so down to earth and calming makes this talented queen Hands. down. the. best.

Alexandra · Married on 08/09/2018

100% recommend

If I won the lottery I would have her do my make-up everyday!! Shirin was wonderful to work with, she was attentive and really took time when getting to know me and what I was looking for in my wedding day look. She took pictures after my trial to replicate the look that I liked. She was professional and prompt on my wedding day and got along great with my photographer. Would highly recommend her to anyone getting married in the DC/VA area, thanks Shirin!

Makeup By Shirin FAQ

• What is the base price for traditional makeup for brides? $ 150.00
  • What is the price of trial service for traditional makeup for brides? $ 85.00
  • Does makeup price include false lashes? No
  • Which of the following are included in prices? Assistant Fee
  • What beauty services do you offer? Makeup, Men's Grooming
  • What makeup services do you offer? Contour Makeup, Eye Makeup, Wedding Party Makeup, Makeup Trial, Fake Lashes, Tattoo Coverage
  • What is the maximum group size you can accommodate? 12