Reston, VA 20194 Map · Phone number
  • Photos

About Makeup By Shirin

SHIRIN RATNER is a professional makeup artist based in Northern Virginia. Shirin's fine arts degree from Virginia Commonwealth University, where she majored in painting and printmaking, provides her with a unique style and approach. She's able to combine classic techniques with a modern and cosmopolitan touch.

Shirin has been a makeup artist for 8 years, and worked for 4 years at MAC, including several years at their charming store in Brooklyn, NY. While in New York, she also did contract work, weddings, and special events.

Shirin has been a part of countless brides' special days and has been showered with thank you notes and referrals from satisfied clients. Shirin puts her clients instantly at ease by making them feel comfortable, respected and most importantly, looking and feeling their absolute best!

Follow Makeup By Shirin on

Makeup By Shirin 6
Makeup By Shirin 7
  • songbird

Taylor · Married on 05/25/2019

Look no further--seriously, she's the best!

Shirin is one of those people who instantly feels like a friend--a friend with amazing makeup skills! She is professional and so much fun to work with. Her creativity and openness lead to exceptional work. Everyone who worked with Shirin on my wedding day was beyond thrilled with their makeup. She was flexible, punctual, and enthusiastic. Thank you, Shirin! :)

Sent on 06/05/2019
  • Hayden

Hayden · Married on 11/10/2018

Absolute best makeup artist in DMV - no contest!

Shirin makes magic. Makeup was one of the more difficult things for me to book (trying to stay price conscious for bridal party) but not having Shirin would have been a huge mistake. My sister had gotten her makeup done by Shirin as a bridesmaid and absolutely raved about her. After I realized that every single photo and look that Shirin created was absolutely perfect, I finally decided that we had to have her for the day - and I know I would have regretted not booking Shirin. Every look she created was flawless. And even beyond that, her communication, demeanor and day of stress relief was absolutely essential, appreciated and honestly underrated. She is one of the funniest, most genuine, down to earth, honest, (INCREDIBLY TALENTED) and spirited person I've ever met. She helped keep me calm amidst the chaos of the day, which is something I took for granted. You will not regret having Shirin as your makeup artist (but I'm willing to bet you would regret not having her, so book right away!). After looking through a ton of makeup artists, I can honestly say I have never seen a more consistently flawless artist in all of DMV and beyond and the end results reflected that in spades. Thank you SO much, Shirin!!

Sent on 01/21/2019
  • Christina

Christina · Married on 11/03/2018

Most beautiful I have ever felt thanks to Shirin!

I stumbled upon Shirin's beautiful work via instagram and I could not stop going back to her photos because of her talent and versatility. Upon reaching out, Shirin was incredibly responsive and so personable. As soon as our first call, I knew I wanted her and her energy to be part of my wedding day.

During my wedding trial, she welcomed me, my mom, and my sister and immediately understood the kind of look I was going after showing her just a few photos. She was very open to any feedback / changes, but honestly I had nothing to change - it was perfect!

On my wedding day, she was wonderful and brought an assistant so that my bridesmaids could sleep in a little longer :) Once Shirin started with me, all of my bridesmaids crowded and watched as they were in awe as she worked her magic.

I felt so confidant and flawless on my wedding day in large part thanks to Shirin. My makeup stayed put and I didn't have to worry about a thing, and I felt the most beautiful I have ever felt. Thank you Shirin!!

Plus, my maids and mother / mother in law looked even more amazing than than already do naturally. Shirin was just perfect and will not disappoint!

Sent on 02/24/2019