Long Beach, CA 90813 Map · Phone number
  • Deals 1

About As You Like... Wedding & Event Services

As You Like... Wedding & Event Services is a full service consultancy that provides consultation, preparation and management services for all occasions, but primarily weddings. The company owner is Long Beach native Donya M. Vaughn; a former Catering Sales Manager now turned certified Professional Bridal Consultant.

“Our primary function is to listen, not dictate. Our job is then to turn the desires of our clients into the wedding they envisioned; in other words, to make it happen just As You Like…

“As a consultant, I would like to be the first person you call before you jump into planning an occasion that should have expert attention. With AYL, you get experience, knowledge, connections and most importantly, a comfortable place to relax and regroup.”

Follow As You Like... Wedding & Event Services on

58ae0bc9e77eeb2e 1311460452186 walking
Makeup artist
Makeup artist
58ae0bc9e77eeb2e 1311460452186 walking

3 Reviews for As You Like... Wedding & Event Services

Tiffany · Married on 08/24/2013

Hiring "As You Like" to be our coordinator was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. After our first meeting with Donya & Vanessa, my fiance said to them, "We haven't even paid you yet, and I can already tell this is the best money we will spend on our wedding." He was totally correct. Neither of us initially planned on getting a coordinator; our ceremony & reception were relatively simple, so we figured we could manage it ourselves. Needless to say, we're both SO GLAD we decided to get a coordinator, and even happier we went with AYL.

Working with Donya & Vanessa was a great experience. They are funny, passionate, calm, relaxed, hard-working, organized, and all-around just great people. They're there because they just truly love weddings, and they thrive on helping make the big day possible. From the beginning, they emphasized that this would be our day, and they would be there to help in whatever way they could. They gave great guidance and suggestions, and knew exactly when to be our sounding board and when to be our advisors.

Donya was super organized with coordinating our vendors and the schedule leading up to the wedding and making sure to work us through a checklist so we had everything set. She and Vanessa were instrumental in making our wedding day a truly wonderful, fun, and memorable day. Without them, there is no way we would have stayed even remotely on schedule, and I know we would have been basket cases dealing with all the variables. Instead, my fiance and I were able to enjoy being with our guests and each other; we were all smiles that night. We had several guests tell us later how great Donya and Vanessa were; they said they were super on top of things and knew how to hustle guests to where they needed to be, but still were a riot and a lot of fun. That is them to a T.

If you are even remotely considering a planner/coordinator, I highly recommend giving AYL a call. We're SO GLAD we hired Donya and Vanessa!

Sent on 09/19/2013
  • F

Shaqua · Married on 06/11/2011

If you are thinking of planning and/or coordinating your wedding on your own, you are insane! A wedding professional is truly the best wedding investment that I included in my budget.

Most brides see planners as an optional expense, but As You Like… is well worth every cent. As a matter of fact, due to the amount of money, headaches, and stress that she saved me, her services far exceeded the money that I “invested.”
    Not only did I have a worry-free wedding, I walked away with a friend.

I will most definitely hire As You Like… for future events.

As You Like=No worries on your wedding day! : )

Sent on 07/23/2011

Denean · Married on 08/14/2010

Donya was wonderful as my Day Of Coordinator. I has no worries and was able to enjoy my wedding day.

Sent on 09/09/2010

As You Like... Wedding & Event Services FAQ

• What wedding planning services do you offer? Day-of Coordination, Partial Planning

1 Wedding Deal & Discount

• As You Like... Wedding & Event Services 1
    Stress-Reducing Discount!
    Time = Money = Stress. I can save you all 3! Call me today to book your FREE 1 HOUR consultation so you can see how I can help you. BOOK ME, bring this ad and I'll give you 10% off Planning and/or Management services.

• Rev Dawn Becker
    Rev Dawn Becker Wedding Officiants

I cannot say enough honest and good things about "As You Like." I have had the pleasure of working with Donya and Vanessa on several occasions. When I get an invite to work with this company, I know it's going to be a good event, even when it's not. We had one event where the groom was not a nice person at all. Donya and Vanessa showed grace and extreme professionalism throughout the entire event, not once losing their cool. I was thoroughly impressed. Each time I worked with them, they have come to work fully prepared. They are always dressed professionally, backs held straight and a smile on their faces. Every "i" is dotted and every "t" is crossed. Everything, and I mean everything, happens on schedule and as planned. I can count on them in making my job easier at the event. I'm amazed how many times, as the caterer, I have had to take over the day of coordinating because the actual planner has no clue what she is doing. I end up pulling double duty so the bride can get the wedding of her dreams. It happens often! This has never happened when these two women are in charge. Not only does As You Like take care of your event properly, they make sure the other vendors are taken care of, as it should be. Bottom line, if you give charge of an item to Donya and Vanessa, it will get handled - properly! I have since moved across the country. It is with much sadness that I can longer work with them on events. You will not go wrong choosing these two gals to oversee your event.

• Celebrations Event Productions
    Celebrations Event Productions Wedding DJs

I have had the pleasure to work with Donya on several occasions

• Glow Concepts Fine Linens
    Glow Concepts Fine Linens Wedding Rentals

We are thrilled to be able to endorse the fantastic team of As You Like Wedding & Event Services. A team with hotel and hospitality experience and creativity in their craft will only bring the best to your event planning and service.

• Long Beach, 90813 See on map