Andre Chreky, the salon spa Reviews

Andre Chreky, the salon spa 3
Andre Chreky, the salon spa 4
  • Chris

Chris · Married on 11/03/2018

Great stylists, great communication from front desk.

My experience with Rodney was excellent. He exactly matched the hairstyle I had in mind, and advised me along the way during a couple trials I had with him. Very pleased with my wedding day results!

Julie · Married on 07/21/2018

The team at Andre Chreky was absolutely amazing. I had so much fun working with them! The hair and makeup trial was a great idea to make sure the wedding look was perfect. All of the services were reasonably priced and I felt like a VIP every time I was in the salon. I found them on Wedding Wire and am SO glad I did - they will be part of my routine hair care now!

Andre Chreky, the salon spa 6
    Andre Chreky, the salon spa 7
    Andre Chreky, the salon spa 8

Katie · Married on 04/28/2018

I had such a fantastic experience with the Andre Chreky Bridal team!

I am very fair and have always had trouble getting my makeup done for the weddings I have been in through the years. I really wanted to look like myself on my wedding day and was worried about finding the right person. In addition to this personal concern, I also had 10 bridesmaids! The logistics of going to a salon for a 2 PM wedding was daunting.

The Andre Chreky team came directly to our hotel suite and had everyone done (beautifully!) with 45 minutes to spare. We got to relax before pictures started. It was wonderful.

The best of all was my hair and makeup. Rodney is like a super hero! He gave me the classic and elegant look that I was looking for. My hair was beautiful and my makeup was perfect! He matched my complexion exactly, featuring my freckles and rosy cheeks instead of hiding them under caked on concealer.

I also found Andre Chreky to be completely reasonable, given the service, products, flexibility and expertise. There are many outrageous price points out there for hair and makeup, you don’t always know what you’re getting. This team has been doing it for a really really long time. You can trust them with the perfection required for your big day!

Molly · Married on 04/14/2018

The team from Andre Chreky bridal made my entire day. They were incredibly professional and kind. They were very accommodating to our last minute hair changes and were an absolute joy to work with. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

Lori · Married on 04/14/2018

Bridal party

Used for wedding party and everything was perfect. Very enjoyable experience.
    Felt in good hands due to professionalism of staff. Highly recommend!

Sylvanna · Married on 10/15/2016

For the wedding day it was myself, my mom, aunt, 12 year old niece, 2 friends. We had manicures and hair done, my aunt had make up done, and I had bridal make up applied. My mom's hair was so-so but everyone else's was fantastic. I loved my hair and make up and the top manicurist did my nails...amazing. So many compliments and my manicure lasted easily 2 weeks. I would definitely go back (just steps from the St. Regis where we were staying) and I would definitely recommend.

Kathryn · Married on 10/08/2016

I cannot say enough good things about the staff at Andre Chreky! In my initial chats with Winnie, she helped organize a day-of schedule for my bridesmaids and reserved a private club room for us. The day went so smoothly, all the services started and ended on time and were completed in the most professional manner. Rodney did my hair and makeup and he is wonderful; people were complementing me all night on my hair! Working with the staff at Andre Chreky was a joy from start to finish, I would highly recommend brides choose this salon for their wedding day needs!

Michele · Married on 04/09/2016

My wedding party only consisted of myself and my maid of honor, which made figuring out hair and makeup a challenge as most stylists will only do larger groups. We were staying at the St Regis Hotel, which is right across the street, so it was super easy to just walk over to the salon for our appointments. We both had toes, nails, hair, and makeup done, including updos, airbrush, and lashes. They did an amazing job and I felt absolutely beautiful but still completely like myself. Both hair and makeup were very natural. They remembered everything from my trial. The couple of things I wasn't over the moon about at the trial they adjusted without me even having to say anything. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the lipstick. Within 1 hour it felt hard and cakey...probably because it was that super long wearing kind and because I don't normally wear lipstick anyway. I removed it and switched to my own tinted gloss while getting dressed. But other than that - shear perfection! And my hair held up great during outdoor shots despite being a windy day and looked amazing for brunch the next day when I took it down!

Cindy · Married on 03/12/2016

Rodney and Andre Chesky were my salvation. I had originally planned to go with this other bridal make up and hair service with another vendor that I found had great reviews. However, not long before my wedding I had the try out with the first vendor, and it was a terrible experience. The try out was so bad with this other vendor that when my husband, then fiance picked me up he burst out laughing. I was not comfortable at all in my make up and the hair was not what I had envisioned.

I quickly went online and did thurough reasearch to find a better vendor. I did not want to look like my make up was caked on or that my hair was that of a vegas show girl. I am one that does not wear make up t work, and my husband does not really care for me to wear make up. I also did not want my bridesmaids to pay for a service that did not make them look good either.

I came across Andre Chreky's salon and found that the reviews and articles about them were strong enough to give them a try. I had my trial with Rodney and from our first talk, I already knew he understood what I wanted. He said that brides should always be styled as if we were a model on a runway, not a prom date.

That evening after my trial I met my then fiance for dinner and he was in awe. I knew then that Rodney and the Andre Chreky salon were the best choice for me and bridesmaids.

On the day of our wedding, Winnie, Rodney and the entire salon made sure that we were all taken care off. Even some of my wedding guests came to get their hair done at the salon and they were beyond pleased. My bridesmaids loved their ha. My flower girl had a beautiful bun and she looked like a Janie and Jack model. As for myself, I was glowing. My hair looked exactly how I wanted it to look and my make up looked natural and not caked on. I really did feel like a super model that day. Thank you to entire team at Andre Chreky and a special thanks to Rodney and Winnie for making my day extremely special and stress free!

While researching dozens of salons in the DMV area, I chose Andre Chreky for my sister's wedding. From booking the appointments with the bridal coordinator Winnie, to getting services with Rodney and Rhimou (Rema) for hair, and Portia for the make-up, the entire experience was absolutely perfect! Anytime I had to call Winnie or email her for a change she was more than helpful throughout the entire process. Everyone at the salon who helps with the bridal services is amazing. I've seen plenty of their work and it's absolutely beautiful! We did an offsite, meaning they came to the hotel in Virginia, and it was absolutely a stress free situation. I couldn't have asked for a better team to help my sister and 6 bridesmaids on her wedding day! I would highly recommend this to anyone for any occasion!

Lauren · Married on 09/12/2015

Rodney and Mindy are truly amazing! I first of all loved my hair - it was perfect and Rodney really took his time and it definitetly showed. All of my bridesmaids loved their hair and each persons was different, which came out great for pictures! I was so impressed with everyone's hair! Winnie was super helpful with planning, I called a million times and she was very responsive and knew what she was talking about. Definitely pick Andre's for your wedding, you will be so happy!

Annie · Married on 11/16/2013

I used Andre Chreky for hair and make up. I loved Mindy who did my hair. I did my hair in the salon with my two bridesmaids. And then the make up lady came to my wedding location to do make up there while I got ready with a bigger group of people. I usually do not wear a lot of make up so was unsure about having it 'done'. But I loved the make up. And the hair. The one advice is to make sure that you tell the salon the length of hair of your bridesmaids as certain hair stylists will only work with certain hair lengths so you want to make sure you have the right people ready to help.

• Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/28/2013

I cannot say enough amazing things about Rodney and his team! They worked with me to create a schedule for myself and all of my bridesmaids and even my mom, cousins and aunts to make sure we would be ready in time for pictures (we had them all taken prior to the ceremony).

Rodney is a true ARTIST when it comes to make-up and hair. He created the most beautiful hair style I've ever seen and I truly have never felt as beautiful as I did that day. He uses airbrush make-up and it lasted the entire day and night and survived tears :-).

All of my bridesmaids looked wonderful as well and loved their updos and partial updos. Thank you, Rodney and Andre for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary · Married on 12/01/2012

My entire bridal party went to Andre Chreky for hair and makeup the morning of my wedding on December 1, 2012. I can't say enough good things about Andre Chreky...from the entire planning process to the professionalism to the service. Winnie was a joy to work with and she was so responsive with all of my appointment requests...even with adding a groomsman who needed a haircut the morning of the wedding! I had Rodney do my hair and makeup and I felt absolutely beautiful all day....plus, I highly recommend getting hair extensions to any future brides - it makes a world of difference! The hair and makeup fees are pricey, but definitely worth it and my pictures turned out fabulous. Andre Chreky is THE place to go for bridal hair and makeup in D.C.!

Great services, lovely spa, and Rodney knew exactly what I wanted when I first met him for a hair trial. I looked like myself on my wedding day, except 10x better than usual! :) My hairdo was secure the entire night without needing a thousand irritating bobby pins to hold it all together. Rodney is an artist, and Winnie (the wedding services coordinator) was super friendly, responsive, and helpful.

Jo Melissa · Married on 07/28/2012

I had my wedding at St. Regis Hotel which is literally infront of Andre Chreky. Andre Chreky Salon is my choice ever since I got engaged. I know that I will be in good hands with them because of their excellent service!
    I am super happy with the way I looked at my wedding. My hair and make-up was fabulous!
    Mindy did my fabulous hair, I did not do a trial at all. I just showed her a photo on the day of and voila! she did an amazing job and she did it so quickly too! wow!
    Rodney did my make-up! wow, i looked so beautiful! i love love the make-up! he did an amazing job. I did a trial w/ him but was not satisfied but he really surpassed my expectation during the wedding! I bought my own lipstick and he just matched the color that works w/ it.
    Winnie, the coordinator was super helpful from the beginning. She is such an asset in this salon. Her customer service skills is excellent. She is very patient as well (esp w/ me!)
    Thank you Andre Chreky Salon for making me beautiful on my wedding day! - Jo Melissa, St.Regis Hotel 07.28.2012

Allison · Married on 01/28/2012

Rodney styled my hair and Emmie did my make up. I've been to many salons and worked with many stylists and I can honestly say I've never had such an amazing hair style and make up application. Rodney was fantastic - I wasn't really sure what I wanted but I described some ideas to Rodney and he did an amazing, traditional but still modern hair style. Emmie was incredible to work with - my make up was flawless and beautiful. She knows exactly how much is necessary and what is too much. You will not feel like you have too much makeup on. Also, Winnie at Andre Chreky and the other salon staff were incredible to work with. We got ready at the salon the day of the wedding and they made things so easy by giving us rooms to get ready in and even helped us out to the limo. Winnie was also very accommodating to a couple of last minute additions and changes. If you can, use Rodney and Emmie at Andre Chreky.

Jessica · Married on 08/06/2011

I really enjoyed the service that Andre Chreky offered on my wedding day. I had Rodney do my hair and make up for my engagement photos and hair and make up on my wedding day. Rodney did a phenomenal job on my hair and make up on my wedding day at the hotel. Everyone complimented me on my hair my mom thought it was the best she has ever seen my hair. I did not do a hair trial with Rodney but I let him do what he thought was best and I love looking at my wedding pictures and looking at the spectacular job he did. I plan on using Rodney again for any formal events that I have going forward. I truly feel that I got the value for what I paid for. Also Mary the wedding coordinator was excellent in helping making arrangements.

• Mary

Mary · Married on 04/02/2011

After getting engaged I started looking around DC for a salon. I attended a bridal showcase and they were there giving trial hair and make up sessions. I met Mary, the wedding coordinator who gave me a ton of information. I called her that week to book hair and makeup for the wedding. Because it was so early, I was able to get Rodney. I had never gotten my make up done and had only had an up-do for two wedding I had been in. I basically knew nothing!

I decided to make an appointment to get a trim so I could meet Rodney and see what the salon was like. I was very impressed with his professionalism, amazing talent and experience. I ended up doing two hair trials with him and a makeup trial. I couldn’t believe how amazing he was and it wasn’t until those trials that I started feeling like a bride.

The day of Rodney and Badrie arrived at my suit at the Key Bridge Marriott right on time and began setting up all of their equipment. They ended up doing my hair and makeup, 3 bridesmaids, my Mother and Grandmother. It was really nice to be able to relax in my own room and get everything done since it was raining outside off and on. After he was done and I have my hair, makeup and headpiece all together, I felt like a beautiful bride!

I would recommend this salon and Rodney to any bride getting married in the DC area!

Marie · Married on 11/26/2010

Rodney at Andre Chreky was amazing! I have gotten my hair/makeup done at other salons many times in the past and never been pleased. THis was the first time I was absolutely in love with how my hair and makeup looked. He was incredibly professional and talented and did such a phenomenal job. My sister got her hair done with someone else and was equally as pleased. Mary, the wedding coordinator, was also amazing to work with and so helpful. Our morning there before the wedding, was so peaceful and relaxing. I would hands down recommend Andre Chreky for bridal hair/makeup!

Lauren · Married on 11/13/2010

Andre Chreky did all of our hair and makeup for my wedding. They set us up with a lovely reception room and food (I ordered the food) and took care of my family and friends. We all looked lovely for my big day.

Kristi · Married on 06/04/2010

They did my airbrush makeup and I honestly felt like I have never looked so beautiful - and I've competed at Miss America! It was so natural and flawless. I brought a picture and he achieved the look perfectly.

Amber · Married on 09/19/2009

Mindy, Liz, Katie, Mary, and the team at Andre Chreky made me, my bridesmaids, and my moms feel at home and gorgeous for our wedding this weekend. Mindy did my hair, and it was unique yet classic without looking too hair sprayed or cookie cutter. Liz was fantastic with make-up, and all of my bridesmaids' hair and make-up turned out amazingly sturdy while we treked outside for photos without looking plastered. All of the girls requested different styles -- high, low, half-up, loose, tight -- and the team at Andre Chreky delivered. Several of the girls were with Rodney and loved him. We did everything on site, and the private room was perfect for waiting between our appointments. Katie emailed back and forth with me months beforehand, and Mary kept everyone happy and on time during our appointments. While they can be on the costly side, it was worthwhile to have the reliable professionals at Andre Chreky help make everyone look so beautiful.

Alexis · Married on 09/12/2009

Mindy at Andre Chreky did my hair in an up-do for my wedding. She was fantastic! I wasn't quite sure what I wanted, so I brought in a picture of my dress at my trial hair appointment, and she figured out what would complement the dress well. I've had my hair done in an up-dos many times, but her style was by far the best I've ever had! Andre Chreky was also a great salon for me to go to because of their early-morning hours. My wedding was in the morning, so I had to come in at 7am on Saturday to get my hair done (most salons aren't open that early, but Andre Chreky is!). My hair stayed in the up-do with no problems from 7am-midnight--it was incredible! My sister-in-law (from NYC) had a blow out done by Tatijana, and she said it was the best blow out she's ever had. I originally thought Andre Chreky's prices were a little higher than I wanted to spend, but it was definitely worth it! I highly recommend Mindy!