Andre Chreky, the salon spa

Value
4.3
Flexibility
4.7

I used Andre Chreky for hair and make up. I loved Mindy who did my hair. I did my hair in the salon with my two bridesmaids. And then the make up lady came to my wedding location to do make up there while I got ready with a bigger group of people. I usually do not wear a lot of make up so was unsure about having it 'done'. But I loved the make up. And the hair. The one advice is to make sure that you tell the salon the length of hair of your bridesmaids as certain hair stylists will only work with certain hair lengths so you want to make sure you have the right people ready to help.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I cannot say enough amazing things about Rodney and his team! They worked with me to create a schedule for myself and all of my bridesmaids and even my mom, cousins and aunts to make sure we would be ready in time for pictures (we had them all taken prior to the ceremony).

Rodney is a true ARTIST when it comes to make-up and hair. He created the most beautiful hair style I've ever seen and I truly have never felt as beautiful as I did that day. He uses airbrush make-up and it lasted the entire day and night and survived tears :-).

All of my bridesmaids looked wonderful as well and loved their updos and partial updos. Thank you, Rodney and Andre for everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

My entire bridal party went to Andre Chreky for hair and makeup the morning of my wedding on December 1, 2012. I can't say enough good things about Andre Chreky...from the entire planning process to the professionalism to the service. Winnie was a joy to work with and she was so responsive with all of my appointment requests...even with adding a groomsman who needed a haircut the morning of the wedding! I had Rodney do my hair and makeup and I felt absolutely beautiful all day....plus, I highly recommend getting hair extensions to any future brides - it makes a world of difference! The hair and makeup fees are pricey, but definitely worth it and my pictures turned out fabulous. Andre Chreky is THE place to go for bridal hair and makeup in D.C.!

Profile Picture
Anonymous
2+ years ago

Great services, lovely spa, and Rodney knew exactly what I wanted when I first met him for a hair trial. I looked like myself on my wedding day, except 10x better than usual! :) My hairdo was secure the entire night without needing a thousand irritating bobby pins to hold it all together. Rodney is an artist, and Winnie (the wedding services coordinator) was super friendly, responsive, and helpful.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I had my wedding at St. Regis Hotel which is literally infront of Andre Chreky. Andre Chreky Salon is my choice ever since I got engaged. I know that I will be in good hands with them because of their excellent service! I am super happy with the way I looked at my wedding. My hair and make-up was fabulous! Mindy did my fabulous hair, I did not do a trial at all. I just showed her a photo on the day of and voila! she did an amazing job and she did it so quickly too! wow! Rodney did my make-up! wow, i looked so beautiful! i love love the make-up! he did an amazing job. I did a trial w/ him but was not satisfied but he really surpassed my expectation during the wedding! I bought my own lipstick and he just matched the color that works w/ it. Winnie, the coordinator was super helpful from the beginning. She is such an asset in this salon. Her customer service skills is excellent. She is very patient as well (esp w/ me!) Thank you Andre Chreky Salon for making me beautiful on my wedding day! - Jo Melissa, St.Regis Hotel 07.28.2012

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Rodney styled my hair and Emmie did my make up. I've been to many salons and worked with many stylists and I can honestly say I've never had such an amazing hair style and make up application. Rodney was fantastic - I wasn't really sure what I wanted but I described some ideas to Rodney and he did an amazing, traditional but still modern hair style. Emmie was incredible to work with - my make up was flawless and beautiful. She knows exactly how much is necessary and what is too much. You will not feel like you have too much makeup on. Also, Winnie at Andre Chreky and the other salon staff were incredible to work with. We got ready at the salon the day of the wedding and they made things so easy by giving us rooms to get ready in and even helped us out to the limo. Winnie was also very accommodating to a couple of last minute additions and changes. If you can, use Rodney and Emmie at Andre Chreky.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

I really enjoyed the service that Andre Chreky offered on my wedding day. I had Rodney do my hair and make up for my engagement photos and hair and make up on my wedding day. Rodney did a phenomenal job on my hair and make up on my wedding day at the hotel. Everyone complimented me on my hair my mom thought it was the best she has ever seen my hair. I did not do a hair trial with Rodney but I let him do what he thought was best and I love looking at my wedding pictures and looking at the spectacular job he did. I plan on using Rodney again for any formal events that I have going forward. I truly feel that I got the value for what I paid for. Also Mary the wedding coordinator was excellent in helping making arrangements.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

After getting engaged I started looking around DC for a salon. I attended a bridal showcase and they were there giving trial hair and make up sessions. I met Mary, the wedding coordinator who gave me a ton of information. I called her that week to book hair and makeup for the wedding. Because it was so early, I was able to get Rodney. I had never gotten my make up done and had only had an up-do for two wedding I had been in. I basically knew nothing!

I decided to make an appointment to get a trim so I could meet Rodney and see what the salon was like. I was very impressed with his professionalism, amazing talent and experience. I ended up doing two hair trials with him and a makeup trial. I couldn’t believe how amazing he was and it wasn’t until those trials that I started feeling like a bride.

The day of Rodney and Badrie arrived at my suit at the Key Bridge Marriott right on time and began setting up all of their equipment. They ended up doing my hair and makeup, 3 bridesmaids, my Mother and Grandmother. It was really nice to be able to relax in my own room and get everything done since it was raining outside off and on. After he was done and I have my hair, makeup and headpiece all together, I felt like a beautiful bride!

I would recommend this salon and Rodney to any bride getting married in the DC area!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Rodney at Andre Chreky was amazing! I have gotten my hair/makeup done at other salons many times in the past and never been pleased. THis was the first time I was absolutely in love with how my hair and makeup looked. He was incredibly professional and talented and did such a phenomenal job. My sister got her hair done with someone else and was equally as pleased. Mary, the wedding coordinator, was also amazing to work with and so helpful. Our morning there before the wedding, was so peaceful and relaxing. I would hands down recommend Andre Chreky for bridal hair/makeup!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Andre Chreky did all of our hair and makeup for my wedding. They set us up with a lovely reception room and food (I ordered the food) and took care of my family and friends. We all looked lovely for my big day.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

They did my airbrush makeup and I honestly felt like I have never looked so beautiful - and I've competed at Miss America! It was so natural and flawless. I brought a picture and he achieved the look perfectly.

Services Used: Beauty & Health, Unique Services (Other)

Mindy, Liz, Katie, Mary, and the team at Andre Chreky made me, my bridesmaids, and my moms feel at home and gorgeous for our wedding this weekend. Mindy did my hair, and it was unique yet classic without looking too hair sprayed or cookie cutter. Liz was fantastic with make-up, and all of my bridesmaids' hair and make-up turned out amazingly sturdy while we treked outside for photos without looking plastered. All of the girls requested different styles -- high, low, half-up, loose, tight -- and the team at Andre Chreky delivered. Several of the girls were with Rodney and loved him. We did everything on site, and the private room was perfect for waiting between our appointments. Katie emailed back and forth with me months beforehand, and Mary kept everyone happy and on time during our appointments. While they can be on the costly side, it was worthwhile to have the reliable professionals at Andre Chreky help make everyone look so beautiful.

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Mindy at Andre Chreky did my hair in an up-do for my wedding. She was fantastic! I wasn't quite sure what I wanted, so I brought in a picture of my dress at my trial hair appointment, and she figured out what would complement the dress well. I've had my hair done in an up-dos many times, but her style was by far the best I've ever had! Andre Chreky was also a great salon for me to go to because of their early-morning hours. My wedding was in the morning, so I had to come in at 7am on Saturday to get my hair done (most salons aren't open that early, but Andre Chreky is!). My hair stayed in the up-do with no problems from 7am-midnight--it was incredible! My sister-in-law (from NYC) had a blow out done by Tatijana, and she said it was the best blow out she's ever had. I originally thought Andre Chreky's prices were a little higher than I wanted to spend, but it was definitely worth it! I highly recommend Mindy!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

Liz was AMAZING!!! The make up came out awesome on everyone and my husband paid her the best compliment of all when he said I looked like me! Andre Chreky was very professional and Katie the coordinator was super helpful. I would definitely recommend Liz to any bride.

Profile Picture
Private User
1 Review
2+ years ago

Rodney did an excellent jobon my hair. People could not stop talking about how great my hair looked! Andre Chreky was easy to work with when booking my appointments. They did an excellent job of accomodating my needs for the big day!

Services Used: Beauty & Health

A little on the high side, but completely accommodating and amazing hair!