Andre Chreky, the salon spa Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2010 Winner

• Paige
    Paige S. Married on 07/09/2021

Amazing and welcoming

Andre Chreky is where I usually get my hair cut and I was so pleased to discover they offered wedding hair and makeup services. Serena was incredibly helpful, flexible and friendly and my stylist, Rodney, was, as usual, the best :)

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

We loved being part of your wedding celebration!!! Thank you so much for the fabulous review! You looked absolutely gorgeous on your wedding day and we can't wait to see you in the salon.
    Sarah C. Married on 07/26/2020

Amazing Customer Service and Quality

I would absolutely recommend this salon for your wedding day services of hair/makeup. Serena scheduled everything and handled all communication, making sure every detail was sorted far in advance. She was quick to respond, accommodating, and incredibly friendly - a true pleasure to work with. I did my trial and day-of appointments with Rodney for makeup and Mindy for hair. They both were lovely people and had such a calming presence which was helpful with my day-of nerves. They listened to what I had in mind and I told them to take creative reigns as I didn't have exact images to show them, just a few ideas of things I'd seen and liked on others. They knocked it out of the park on both accounts. I felt so beautiful and pampered, yet still felt like I looked like myself which was my biggest worry - I didn't want to feel caked with makeup or like I didn't recognize myself. My bridesmaids said it was their favorite results for hair/makeup of all the weddings they've been in!

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

Wow!!! What an amazing review! You are so special, Sarah, and it was just an honor to be part of your wedding celebration. Your photos are just gorgeous! We wish you much happiness and joy and can't wait to see you again :)
    Sarah R. Married on 11/01/2019

Wedding Hair and Makeup

I had a great experience with hair and makeup throughout my engagement and wedding. Rodney did a great job of making me look as good as I felt for my engagement photos, bridal trial and wedding day. The curls and makeup looked great and stayed all day!

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

Thank you so much for letting us be part of your wedding celebration! We are grateful for your review and love your photos!!!
    Katherine S. Married on 10/19/2019

Highly recommend

The Andre Chreky team was so great to work with. Rodney came up with the perfect simple, vintage-inspired bridal hair and makeup look. Winnie, their wedding coordinator, was very responsive throughout the process and accommodated some last-minute changes to our schedule without a problem. The prices were reasonable for DC and I appreciated that they did not require a minimum number of people to receive hair or makeup services.

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

Thank you so much, Katherine! We try to make the wedding planning process as stress free as possible. We loved that you chose us for your hair and makeup services especially when there are so many options. Congratulations again!!!!
    Jackie Married on 10/12/2019

Andre Chreky Salon- Worth Every Penny!

The Andre Chreky salon was extremely accommodating to make life so much easier on my wedding day. They provide the option to travel to your wedding location, which was a total lifesaver. All of my bridesmaids absolutely loved their look and the stylists did an amazing job to make sure everyone got exactly the look they were going for. My bridal hair was absolutely amazing- my stylist said he called it "Bond Girl" and I really felt like one!!! I'd definitely recommend this salon for both hair and makeup on your big day, it was so worth knowing that hair and makeup would be stress-free.

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

Congratulations, Jackie, and thank you so much for the wonderful review!!! We were so honored to be part of your celebration. Your photos are stunning and you are definitely a Bond girl :)
    Melissa B. Married on 10/05/2019

Wedding hair and makeup

Service was great. I was in the salon for my wedding hair and make up. Everyone was very happy with the services provided.
    The only thing I would have liked better was for all of the people in the party to get their services done in the same area. It would have made the process more enjoyable for everyone.
  • Amy
    Amy B. Married on 09/28/2019

Responsive and talented

Rodney was great to work with. My trial hair was pretty but not quite what I wanted. He was able to adjust based on further discussion and ultimately my hair was perfect for the event.

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

Thank you so much for the fabulous review! We were thrilled to help you on your wedding day and so happy Rodney made the adjustments you needed for picture perfect hair :)
  • Elisa
    Elisa I. Married on 08/31/2019

Excellent service

Excellent service, extremely accommodating to our last minute request.

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

It was so wonderful having you and your family in the salon ! Thank you so much for the opportunity to be part of your wedding celebration. We wish you all the happiness in the world!!!
    Kimberly Married on 06/22/2019

Calm, professional, and experienced

Rodney was the utmost professional - his calm demeanor and clear expertise at his craft made the morning of the wedding a simply enjoyable experience. We had him come to the hotel room, where he did my hair and makeup, along with my mom’s hair and sister and bridesmaid’s makeup. Everyone loved Rodney’s work and was very happy. I highly recommend him to others.

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

Wow! What a fabulous review! Thank you so much, Kimberly, and congratulations again on your wedding. We loved providing hair and makeup services for you, your mom, and sister. You are gorgeous!!!
    Lindsey Married on 06/01/2019

Fantastic experience!

Could not have been happier with my hair and makeup for my wedding thanks to the Andre Chreky salon! They captured exactly what I was looking for and were so fun to work with. My bridal party loved their hair too!

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

Thank you so much for this wonderful review!!! We loved being part of your wedding! You looked gorgeous and we are so happy that we could help!
  • Alex
    Alex I. Married on 05/25/2019

Fantastic salon experience

Andre Chreky's team provided phenomenal service for my May 25th wedding. Winnie was incredibly responsive and accommodating and everyone in the wedding party was thrilled with their hair and makeup. Rodney and the other stylists listened to what each person wanted and even did touch-ups before we left the salon. My girlfriends and I had so much fun hanging out in the bridal suite and the stylists
    helped us take videos and photos in front of their photo wall! Would highly recommend Andre Chreky salon for a high quality, relaxing, and fun experience.

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

Thank you so much, Alex! You and your party were so much fun. We loved hosting you in the salon! We are so grateful that you included us on your wedding day. We wish you a lifetime of happiness!
  • Mariah
    Mariah B. Married on 05/18/2019

Experienced stylists that create beautiful work

I chose Andre Chreky Salon and Spa because of Winnie's (the wedding coordinator's) polite and professional service, and the amazing advantage of having a bridal suite to get dressed in. They have a few rooms on the upper levels of the salon which have mirrors and allow everyone to get dressed and get ready. This was perfect for my bridal party who had varying levels of comfort with getting their hair/makeup done at the salon on the morning of. It allowed them that flexibility while they could still be with me in the space while I got my hair and makeup done by the stylists. We were also able to order catering from one of the many bakeries (we ordered from Corner Bakery) nearby and bring champagne and oj for mimosas. Bridgette, my make-up artist, did amazing work to help me cover up the imperfections without making me look too different from my normal self which was exactly what I was looking for. Mindy, my hairstylist was really great at helping me to get the exact updo I was looking for. I got stopped on the street the day of my trial because people loved my hair and makeup so much, asking where I had gotten it done. Truly the team at Andre Chreky is spectacular and the price is on point for what you would look to spend on hair and makeup for a wedding.

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

Thank you so much, Mariah, for this amazing review and for choosing Andre Chreky for your bridal services! We loved that you and your party got ready at the salon. Seeing you in your wedding dress was so special!!! Congratulations again!
    Christina Married on 05/17/2019

Professional and friendly

Welcoming, listened to my needs, and hair/makeup reflected a me—just enhanced.
    Sarah J. Married on 01/05/2019

Excellent bridal party service!

Winnie and the Andre Chreky staff did an excellent job preparing me and my bridal party for the wedding. Winnie was super organized and flexible in adjusting times. The professionals with whom we worked were fantastic -- willing to make adjustments to hair/makeup to ensure everyone left happy. I felt the price for the value and service was very reasonable. We all received many compliments on our looks at the wedding. Would highly recommend for a worry-free experience!

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

Thank you so much for posting this review! We truly appreciate being included in your wedding preparations. It is truly an honor for us because we know how important it is to have beautiful hair and make up on your wedding day! We are so happy the day was stress-free! Wishing you all the best!
  • Chris
    Chris Married on 11/03/2018

Great stylists, great communication from front desk.

My experience with Rodney was excellent. He exactly matched the hairstyle I had in mind, and advised me along the way during a couple trials I had with him. Very pleased with my wedding day results!
    Pinkaew Married on 10/13/2018

Andre Chreky the Salon Spa

I and the bridesmaids do highly recommended to Amazing Andre Chreky the Salon Spa !!! the staffs were on time when we got there , we were so lucky and very happy to have hair and makeup done with professional here at Andre Chreky Salon , we had so much fun and very relaxing day with the hairdresser and the makeup staffs .This is the Best Salon ever!

Andre Chreky, the salon spa's reply:

Congratulations again and thank you for including us on such a special day! We LOVED being party of your wedding celebration. We wish you and Bob all the best and can't wait to see you again :)
    Courtney Married on 10/06/2018

Wedding hair and makeup

Outstanding hair and makeup services! My girls looks beautiful!!
    Benjamin Married on 08/11/2018
    I am so glad I found Andre Chreky salon!!!
    I had been in contact with a couple makeup and hair artists that cancelled on me only a couple months before the wedding, but luckily Andre Chreky had availability. They were extremely responsive and scheduled a trial quickly. Everyone at the salon was so nice- from the schedule coordinator, the front desk staff, and the artists.
    I will admit, after seeing my face with so much makeup after the trial I was a little ambivalent because I wanted something a little more natural looking, but on the wedding day Brigitte made the changes I asked for and it was PERFECT. Everyone was so nice and the bridal party had a great time getting ready! They even accommodated a couple more people who added on services that day.
    Julie Married on 07/21/2018
    The team at Andre Chreky was absolutely amazing. I had so much fun working with them! The hair and makeup trial was a great idea to make sure the wedding look was perfect. All of the services were reasonably priced and I felt like a VIP every time I was in the salon. I found them on Wedding Wire and am SO glad I did - they will be part of my routine hair care now!
    Katie Married on 04/28/2018
    I had such a fantastic experience with the Andre Chreky Bridal team!

I am very fair and have always had trouble getting my makeup done for the weddings I have been in through the years. I really wanted to look like myself on my wedding day and was worried about finding the right person. In addition to this personal concern, I also had 10 bridesmaids! The logistics of going to a salon for a 2 PM wedding was daunting.

The Andre Chreky team came directly to our hotel suite and had everyone done (beautifully!) with 45 minutes to spare. We got to relax before pictures started. It was wonderful.

The best of all was my hair and makeup. Rodney is like a super hero! He gave me the classic and elegant look that I was looking for. My hair was beautiful and my makeup was perfect! He matched my complexion exactly, featuring my freckles and rosy cheeks instead of hiding them under caked on concealer.

I also found Andre Chreky to be completely reasonable, given the service, products, flexibility and expertise. There are many outrageous price points out there for hair and makeup, you don’t always know what you’re getting. This team has been doing it for a really really long time. You can trust them with the perfection required for your big day!

Molly Married on 04/14/2018
    The team from Andre Chreky bridal made my entire day. They were incredibly professional and kind. They were very accommodating to our last minute hair changes and were an absolute joy to work with. I cannot recommend them highly enough!
    Lori Married on 04/14/2018

Bridal party

Used for wedding party and everything was perfect. Very enjoyable experience.
    Felt in good hands due to professionalism of staff. Highly recommend!
    Sylvanna Married on 10/15/2016
    For the wedding day it was myself, my mom, aunt, 12 year old niece, 2 friends. We had manicures and hair done, my aunt had make up done, and I had bridal make up applied. My mom's hair was so-so but everyone else's was fantastic. I loved my hair and make up and the top manicurist did my nails...amazing. So many compliments and my manicure lasted easily 2 weeks. I would definitely go back (just steps from the St. Regis where we were staying) and I would definitely recommend.
    Kathryn Married on 10/08/2016
    I cannot say enough good things about the staff at Andre Chreky! In my initial chats with Winnie, she helped organize a day-of schedule for my bridesmaids and reserved a private club room for us. The day went so smoothly, all the services started and ended on time and were completed in the most professional manner. Rodney did my hair and makeup and he is wonderful; people were complementing me all night on my hair! Working with the staff at Andre Chreky was a joy from start to finish, I would highly recommend brides choose this salon for their wedding day needs!
    Michele Married on 04/09/2016
    My wedding party only consisted of myself and my maid of honor, which made figuring out hair and makeup a challenge as most stylists will only do larger groups. We were staying at the St Regis Hotel, which is right across the street, so it was super easy to just walk over to the salon for our appointments. We both had toes, nails, hair, and makeup done, including updos, airbrush, and lashes. They did an amazing job and I felt absolutely beautiful but still completely like myself. Both hair and makeup were very natural. They remembered everything from my trial. The couple of things I wasn't over the moon about at the trial they adjusted without me even having to say anything. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the lipstick. Within 1 hour it felt hard and cakey...probably because it was that super long wearing kind and because I don't normally wear lipstick anyway. I removed it and switched to my own tinted gloss while getting dressed. But other than that - shear perfection! And my hair held up great during outdoor shots despite being a windy day and looked amazing for brunch the next day when I took it down!