HAWAII WEDDINGS AND EVENTS

HAWAII WEDDINGS AND EVENTS

Serving the Island of Oahu

Kaneohe, HI 96744 | map
Weddings: Civil, Destination, Double Weddings, Eco-Friendly / ...
Services: Day-of Coordinator, Full Planning, Partial Planning
Value:
(4.9 / 5.0)
Flexibility:
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dianna and team made our wedding day care free! Things ran so smoothly I was elated the entire day. What's great is Dianna is able to catch all the little things you miss during your wedding planning efforts. She was also able to refer me to a great florist, DJ and Emcee that was reasonably priced, high quality and worked well with us.

• Wedding: 08/30/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dianna and her team were absolutely phenomenal in all phases of our wedding planning. From finding and interviewing vendors to the actual day of, we could not have been happier with the help, guidance, and support we received. We were in frequent and consistent communication and Dianna did a great job of ensuring that all of the planning was going well along with making sure we were doing our part (table assignments were fun...).

The best comment I can say is that everyone kept asking if we were stressed out as the day kept getting closer, and because of Dianna an her team our answer was always no!

• Wedding: 04/05/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Any bride needing help organising from Australia, you must use Dianna.
We spent months trying to contact vendors and get quotes with little or no contact back after several attempts.
As soon as I contacted Dianna we setup a Skype call and everything started happening so quickly and efficiently. She was exactly what I needed, someone who was extremely organised and prompt. She even sends an automatic reply email when you email her of her schedule for the week, so you know when to expect a response. Dianna helped make our day perfect, everything and more then what we had ever imagined. From the little touches of small thoughtful details for the day that she did from. Everything ran like clockwork without myself or partner having to worry about who and when everyone was turning up, to where the flowers were placed and being moved etc.
If you need help with an overseas wedding Dianna is all that you need. I thought we could do it ourselves but it was too hard and I'm so thankful we had Dianna.
Your wedding is a day for you and your best friend to enjoy and be happy and with the help of someone who knows what is required for such an amazing day, it will be all that you wanted and more.

• Wedding: 02/18/2014
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We chose Hawaii Weddings and Events for our Destination Wedding in Honolulu (from Australia), and we weren't disappointed! Dianna and her team were absolutely fantastic in every aspect. She maintained great communication via Skype, email and even phone when necessary and we never doubted that she had everything under control, even when our wedding venue was cancelled, she negotiated an even better option and value within 48 hours! We would tell her what price range we had for different vendors and our theme preferences and she recommended some great options to us, all within our budget.
Considering we were planning this all the way from Australia she took a lot of the stress out of the organising and not knowing the local businesses etc.

Dianna also did a fantastic job incorporating all of our Greek traditions into the wedding ceremony at the church, and at the reception. I think this might have been her first Greek wedding and she even did that flawlessly!

The day went perfectly, and Dianna was there with her colleagues in the background overseeing everything but also came and updated us every now and then which allowed us to really enjoy our day/night.

Thanks again to Dianna and all others at Hawaii Weddings and Events, we couldn't have done it without you!

• Wedding: 09/08/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am a detail-oriented, planning loving person and even with that personality there is no way our wedding would have gone as smoothly or we would have been able to have as much fun as we did without the amazing super planning abilities of Ramona at HW&E. We hired her for day-of coordination (and numerous pre-wedding consultation hours) for our wedding at Lanikuhonua and it was definitely one of the best decisions we made. She was amazing from the moment of our first contact all the way to after the wedding with a cheery follow-up. She had excellent advice on helping to pick other vendors. She responded to emails within hours and if she was at an event, she always set her away message so your expectations were set. She is incredibly patient and was always flexible when I either changed my mind about something or had problems making a decision. She is very experienced and can anticipate anything and prepares accordingly. It is your wedding day and regardless of how much you plan, you are always very very busy that week and want to be able to enjoy every minute of it. Ramona makes that possible. She took care of everything and we were able to just enjoy our day. I even gave her boxes of decorations beforehand and at that point was a bit overwhelmed with everyone in town so didn’t have really specific directions for how to set it up. Directions were not at all necessary! She had gotten to know me so well she set everything up even better than I could have imagined. Hiring Ramona (and HW&E) will be the best money you could spend for your wedding.

• Wedding: 09/07/2013
Profile Picture
Alana
1 Review
  • Flexibility: 5.0

If you are a destination bride you need to hire Hawaii Wedding and Events. I got married at Lanikuhonua and we had to have a wedding coordinator booked before we could book the space. Working with Dianna was a dream. I am a type A personality, pretty organized, and had a pretty clear vision of what I wanted. Because I was planning from California I purchased the "For Sanity's Sake" package even though I was fully involved in the planning. To start, Dianna helped me find the right vendors. She didn't push any one vendor on me but when I asked for her recommendations (photographer, videographer, hair and makeup) she would send me a list of about five vendors each that would vary in price, packages, etc. It was nice to have someone who knows the local vendors rather than searching and hiring blindly as I'm planning from another state.
Dianna also responds extremely fast. As a bride, we want answers fast and not getting them sometimes can create stress. You won't get that with Dianna! We hosted four events during our destination wedding - a Luau, Rehearsal Dinner, Wedding and Brunch - and Dianna helped with all four events and did an amazing job. We didn't have centerpieces for the Brunch, but she rearranged the centerpieces we had at the Luau to use as centerpieces for the Brunch and it looked amazing, and saved us money! When we realized we didn't have one liquor that we needed for one of the drinks, Dianna and her team went out to get it the day of the wedding (I didn't even know). That's just one small example of how she will go above and beyond without stressing the bride out! The wedding itself turned out better than I ever could have imagined. It was my vision on steroids. It was perfect and all our guests still can't stop commenting on every little aspect of the wedding. Even if you are organized and know exactly what you want, you need Dianna. I felt like a guest at my wedding, able to enjoy myself rather than stress!

• Wedding: 07/27/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I cannot express enough how grateful I am to have been able to have Ramona help me plan my wedding. Not only is she one of the most kind and genuine people that I have ever met, but her level of professionalism is extraordinary. The vendors that she connected me with were better than I could have picked for myself and were just as amazing. Having a destination wedding, I was a bit skeptical about how "special" my big day was going to be and how smooth everything would run since we were planning from afar. I was referred to Ramona by my photographer and I am so glad he made that recommendation. We are still in awe of how smooth and beautiful everything turned out. Ramona held my hand step by step through our needs, questions, and concerns. She answered every question with confidence and knowledge and was extremely helpful when I lost my way. She is super responsive and organized. I did not have to worry about a single thing. Not only was this my point of view, but every vendor that I worked with had nothing but wonderful things to say about her. She covered every detail to the letter. That thoroughness and professionalism is priceless! Especially in the hustle and bustle of planning a wedding on top of having a high maintenance career. When I first read all the wonderful reviews about Ramona and Hawaii Weddings and Events, it seemed too good to be true, but now that I have experienced it first hand, it makes perfect sense. We couldn't have done it without Ramona and she made our day a day we will never forget. Thank you Hawaii Weddings and Events!

• Wedding: 07/18/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I am SO glad I went with Dianna. She's just purely awesome. She's patient with my work schedule and unorganizeness. I just loveeeeeee her auto reply with emails staying her daily and/or weekly schedule so I know when to expect to hear her response but of course she'd always response sooner than expected - which is great! Communication is so important, especially working from different state with different timezone. She's very busy but always tries to be flexible with our skype meetings. She's very detailed and I love how throrough her questionaires spreadsheet is - there're many things that I didn't think of from the begining. My family and bridal party just LOVE her "day of wedding schedule" - it is so detail that they were never lost. Even though we ran a bit late due to pictures, etc... but it's okay! She has great connections - She referred us with the videographer, florist, baker, bartender, and chef - and I must say, they all did an OUTSTANDING job! I had a llittle issue with my hair flower before the ceremony started and Dianna was able to get me a replacement as soon as I arrived! I was so amazed by her work and she made my decor looks more beautiful than I had imagine. It was definately the happiness day of my life and it was ABSOLUTELY stress-free!!! She is worth every penny! - although I think her price are really reasonable for the work that she does! So, if you're looking for a wedding planner, book her NOW! You will not regret it!

• Wedding: 06/30/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dianna and her team was amazing! Getting Dianna as my wedding planner was the best part of this whole wedding process. She def. made me feel relax and stress free like she promises! Dianna is very responsive and has wonderful ideas. She also very on-time for all meetings and calls! She's just on top of all the things you need to do and would want to do for your wedding! Even when shes out of the office she will let you know her schedule so you don't feel like you're being ignored or going crazy at crunch time!

She goes out of her way for all her clients! BOOK her.....she is a life saver!!

• Wedding: 04/25/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found Dianna like other people through reading reviews online. Dianna and her team is amazing, she was fast at responding to emails and would give you the recommendations you quire. On the wedding day, we found out that she had a surprised for us which she have organized a photo booth free of charged. Our guest loved it and she organized the reception hall so beautifully and it was amazing that she have gone out of her way to do everything that we have asked for. We did not planned to give out Leis to our guest on the arrival (when they checked in their hotel) However, we changed our mind 3 hours before that and one phone call Dianna have gone out and got us some Leis . It was very nice of her in order to do that the last min and we loved her service and delegation on everything she does. She was so sweet, friendly, talented and good at everything that she does. Thank you so much for making our day so fun, so memorable, and a big shout out to our - photo: rachel robertson, , cake: cake works hawaii, dj/mc: music express hawaii, venue: ihilani resort and spa…
Love you so much Dianna. I will miss talking to you now and then on emails and we definitely would be back to Hawaii and hope to catch up with you.

K & A March 2013

• Wedding: 03/21/2013
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I found Dianna Shitanishi through Wedding Wire. Her services were exactly like the previous reviews I read. She was very responsive, even emailing on her days off! She had a very flexible schedule and made me feel at ease by answering EVERY question I had very promptly (there were many!) Since we live in Canada, it was very reassuring for me having Dianna with her vast amounts of knowledge on different vendors we could use. She contacted all the vendors and forwarded me who was available on my wedding day which was very efficient for both her and me. The wedding day went off without a hitch and we actually ran ahead of schedule! I definitely recommend Hawaii Weddings and Events to anyone getting married in Oahu, Dianna's services were worth every penny, and she definitely delivers on the "stress free wedding day"!

• Wedding: 11/03/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

We got the day-of-wedding coordination package, and it was the best decision we made! Planning our Hawaii wedding all the way from NY was not exactly the easiest thing to do, but having Wai Phungpradet all throughout the planning process (yes, we got 4 hours of consultation services that was included in the day-of-wedding coordination package) was very helpful. Wai was very flexible, and she knew the questions to ask, so that the wedding we envision is what we would get. She even went above and beyond what was expected of her - giving one of my bridesmaids a ride from Honolulu all the way to the wedding location, helped in decorating the wedding site, and just being there for my nervous husband a few minutes before the start of the ceremony :). Overall, we were very satisfied with Wai and her work, and we definitely recommend her and Hawaii Wedding and Events for your wedding coordination needs!

• Wedding: 09/28/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Dianna made the wedding planning process so smooth and easy. I didn't have a care in the world on my wedding day and my husband and I danced all night! Leavin up to the wedding we had regular phone meetings and she answered emails very quickly. When we were in Hawaii
hedge always ha one to meet with us. We lived in Boston and Seattle leading up to the wedding and she made planning from afar a breeze. We love Dianna!!

• Wedding: 08/12/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

I highly value these vendors! Really took care of all the details of my wedding and had amazing communication. I can not say enough great things about them! Ramona was so seamless and professional. She also took care of my family, not just myself (the bride)! My husband loved her!

• Wedding: 07/28/2012
Profile Picture
Dominique
  • Flexibility: 5.0

My husband and I got engaged in 2010 and within those 2 years of preparing, I was living in Washington. Since we are both born and raised in Hawaii, we decided to have a 450 guest wedding on Oahu. With that being said, we got the For Sanity's Sake Package and Dianna truly turned our dream wedding into a success. We had a budget that she had made us stick to, always there to remind us of our deadlines, has great recommendations on vendors, very flexible with meeting times, goes out of her way to make sure things gets done. She really made our event stress-free! She did everything one could ask for. One really important thing that struck me was her ability to be very meticulous by double checking the guest list and made sure everyone was accounted for, on the right table, with the right place card. With that being said, her proactive approach helps to prevent mix-ups on the day of the wedding. You can definitely leave all your planning in the hands of Hawaii Weddings and Events! They are just simply amazing!!

Quality of Service - She definitely went above and beyond our expectations. Took care of things so we didn't have to worry about them from the beginning up until our wedding day.

Responsiveness - She ALWAYS returns calls and will ALWAYS respond to your emails in a quick manner

Professionalism - Very prepared, organized, a great listener, provides excellent feedback, positive interpersonal skills

Value - For the amount of time she had spent with us, meeting with us, and helped plan a year out, it is definitely worth the investment. I had interviewed many wedding planners and asked what they do and how they execute on the day of... Of all of the planners, I chose HWAE and Dianna because of the stories she told me over the phone and how she was able to overcome any challenges. With that being said, the value you pay is worth it!

Flexibility - Dianna is very accommodating and willing to work around your schedule :) She is also always ON TIME :)

• Wedding: 07/07/2012
  • Flexibility: 5.0

Wai was our wedding planner for our June wedding in Oahu. I cannot say enough good things about our experience!!!

Great resource--Since I work full time and am from Seattle, there was only a limited amount of research I could do. Wai connected us to the the island's most reputable vendors. Her in-depth knowledge of the industry and island also helped to navigate us through what could have been a very stressful time. She also acted as our eyes and ears on the island--she visited each location and leveraged her relationships to make sure our vendors executed our vision.

Flexible--Despite the different time zones and busy schedules, Wai always made time for us. When we wanted to make changes (e.g., schedule, vendors), she reacted swiftly and graciously.

Attentive--Although I know Wai is very popular and has a lot of clients, she always made us feel like we were the only one. She was very focused and paid pain-staking attention to all the details. She anticipated our needs and stepped up when others didn't. For instance, when our hotel and florist both said they would charge $200 for cleaning up confetti, she offered to do it for free. She went beyond the call of duty for us many times.

Fun!!!!--From our very first conversation, Wai was a joy to work with . She has a very warm and sunny disposition, and you can tell she is passionate about what she does. Conversations with her were better than yoga for stress-relief.

Hiring her was probably the best decision we made during the planning process. We are so thankful for all her efforts in helping to create the wedding of our dreams.

• Wedding: 06/28/2012
808-782-4514
Please let this vendor know you found them on WeddingWire

My Awards