1253 S. Beretania St. #3107, Honolulu, HI 96814 Map · Phone number

About I do weddings & events

We get it. The modern bride & groom are busy juggling a full schedule these days. Leave the time consuming planning to us. We have only one agenda on our schedule...YOUR WEDDING..it's on the top of our "to-do"list! We believe the planning process should be an enjoyable experience leading up to the big day. We will treat your wedding day with the utmost respect and care.

Follow I do weddings & events on

I do weddings & events 5
  • Erika

Erika Jang · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Attentive to Detail

Sun Kim gave us the care and guidance that we needed, from Day 1. We had a very specific theme in mind for our wedding that we could only describe in a few adjectives. She was on-board, immediately. There were times where we would go off theme a little bit and she was not afraid to let us know if it would clash with what we had already planned. She was graceful and attentive to detail. And our wedding turned out absolutely perfect. We asked for random things to be ready for us that evening like: chilled shots waiting for us at the end of the ceremony, and appetizers waiting on the table for us so that we don't get "Hangry". We could not be happier having Sun help us. But most importantly, we are so happy to have met such a wonderful person whom we'll remember always.

Sent on 01/25/2020
  • Alexis

Alexis Amian · Married on 12/14/2019

Everyone needs some Sun in their life!!

"Everyone needs a little Sun in their life!!" - I swear this would be my response to anyone who asked me how our wedding planning was going or if we needed any help throughout the process. It was very important to my husband and I that are our families were not working during our wedding. Typically for our family events, everyone helps set-up and breakdown and helps throughout the entire party and we didn't want that for our wedding. We wanted to party and have a good time with our loved ones, and Sun made that possible. She was extremely responsive when I had a ton of questions to ask and helped me calm when I began to get a little stressed. When we had an issue with our venue come-up and had to make a lot of changes, she handled it like a PRO! I had a hard time at first adjusting my vision with our venue change but Sun just reminded me that everything happens for a reason. In the end, it was amazing and I really loved how Sun knew I was cost conscious but also willing to make my dream wedding come true. I had a hard time explaining my vision to many people, but Sun totally understood what I wanted and made it happen. She was also very honest and up-front with me about things that wouldn't work and I appreciated that so much. The day of our wedding, I was able to relax and have fun myself with no worries! Thank you Sun Kim for making our wedding so amazing and for really keeping me grounded throughout the entire process!

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • Zeth

Zeth · Married on 06/15/2019

Best Wedding Coordinator!

We met Sun Kim at the Hawaii Bridal Expo and we knew we wanted her to be our day of coordinator right away! We began corresponding with her a month before our wedding. She met with us at our venue as soon as we were available. She knew exactly what needed to be done to finalize all our contracts and helped point out all the small details that we missed, making suggestions along the way. Kim attended our rehearsal and definitely eased our minds for the day to come. Our entire wedding day from start to finish went by perfectly. She even went out of her way to take pictures during the wedding and sent them to us afterwards. We're truly blessed to have worked with Kim and highly recommend her services!

Sent on 06/18/2019

I do weddings & events FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?
    $ 1,000.00
  • What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?
    $ 2000
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning?
    $ 3,500.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate?
  • What wedding events do you provide services for?
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Rehearsal Dinner
  • What wedding planning services do you offer?
    Budget Analysis
    Partial Planning
    Timelines
    To-Do Lists
    Vendor Referrals
  • What weddings do you have experience planning?
    Civil
    Cultural
    Destination
    Double Weddings
    Eco-Friendly
    Military
    Non-Religious
    Religious
  • How many planners are on your team?

• Aloha On The Rocks
    Aloha On The Rocks Bar Services & Beverages

Sun Kim is da Best! She is super organized and a pleasure to work with.

• Jason Chu Photography
    Jason Chu Photography Wedding Photographers

Kim is a great affordable wedding and event planner. She is really on top of her communication and makes everything very easy to work with her. Highly recommended for brides looking for a wedding planner, whether they are looking for a destination wedding or local wedding!

• Spectrum Entertainment
    Spectrum Entertainment Wedding DJs

Love it when I get to work with Kim and I do Weddings & Events! Everything is always so organized and on point, Kim?s timeline is thorough but easy to understand, and everything from linens to flowers and all of the wedding decor is always tied together so well :) From a DJ/Emcee standpoint its always comforting to work with a coordinator who is assertive at the right times and all around gets the job done! Looking forward to working many more times with I do Weddings and Events!

• 1253 S. Beretania St. #3107 Honolulu, 96814 See on map