I do weddings & events Reviews

23 Reviews for I do weddings & events

• Erika

Erika Jang · Getting married on 06/01/2021

Attentive to Detail

Sun Kim gave us the care and guidance that we needed, from Day 1. We had a very specific theme in mind for our wedding that we could only describe in a few adjectives. She was on-board, immediately. There were times where we would go off theme a little bit and she was not afraid to let us know if it would clash with what we had already planned. She was graceful and attentive to detail. And our wedding turned out absolutely perfect. We asked for random things to be ready for us that evening like: chilled shots waiting for us at the end of the ceremony, and appetizers waiting on the table for us so that we don't get "Hangry". We could not be happier having Sun help us. But most importantly, we are so happy to have met such a wonderful person whom we'll remember always.

Sent on 01/25/2020
  • Jkb294

Jkb294 · Getting married on 06/01/2020

Absolutely the best!!!!!!!!

Sun is an absolute pro at what she does! She helped us plan our wedding in 2019. Without her genius and abilities, we would not have had the wedding of our dreams. From the very beginning she kept us on track, provided great ideas and helped our vision become reality. Our wedding would not have happened without her! And on the day of, I had nothing to worry about. My husband and I were able to enjoy our wedding completely stress free. To this day, we STILL get compliments from our guests about how much they loved the wedding. This is all because of Sun and her team. You will not regret working with her! We love Sun!

Sent on 02/09/2020
  • Alexis

Alexis Amian · Married on 12/14/2019

Everyone needs some Sun in their life!!

"Everyone needs a little Sun in their life!!" - I swear this would be my response to anyone who asked me how our wedding planning was going or if we needed any help throughout the process. It was very important to my husband and I that are our families were not working during our wedding. Typically for our family events, everyone helps set-up and breakdown and helps throughout the entire party and we didn't want that for our wedding. We wanted to party and have a good time with our loved ones, and Sun made that possible. She was extremely responsive when I had a ton of questions to ask and helped me calm when I began to get a little stressed. When we had an issue with our venue come-up and had to make a lot of changes, she handled it like a PRO! I had a hard time at first adjusting my vision with our venue change but Sun just reminded me that everything happens for a reason. In the end, it was amazing and I really loved how Sun knew I was cost conscious but also willing to make my dream wedding come true. I had a hard time explaining my vision to many people, but Sun totally understood what I wanted and made it happen. She was also very honest and up-front with me about things that wouldn't work and I appreciated that so much. The day of our wedding, I was able to relax and have fun myself with no worries! Thank you Sun Kim for making our wedding so amazing and for really keeping me grounded throughout the entire process!

Sent on 12/20/2019
  • Zeth

Zeth · Married on 06/15/2019

Best Wedding Coordinator!

We met Sun Kim at the Hawaii Bridal Expo and we knew we wanted her to be our day of coordinator right away! We began corresponding with her a month before our wedding. She met with us at our venue as soon as we were available. She knew exactly what needed to be done to finalize all our contracts and helped point out all the small details that we missed, making suggestions along the way. Kim attended our rehearsal and definitely eased our minds for the day to come. Our entire wedding day from start to finish went by perfectly. She even went out of her way to take pictures during the wedding and sent them to us afterwards. We're truly blessed to have worked with Kim and highly recommend her services!

Sent on 06/18/2019

Jason Hecht · Married on 06/08/2019

Amazing and Perfect!

Sun made planning a destination a breeze! Our dream wedding went from a dream to a reality with Sun and her team. She made the whole experience stress free during what could have been a stressful time. She was always easy to get in contact with and made sure all of my request were met. I would 100% recommend Sun to plan your wedding!

Sent on 09/07/2019

Audrey · Married on 10/20/2018

Highly recommend!

I was hesitant on hiring a wedding planner/coordinator as I was not sure I needed one, but I did not regret it once I did. Sun and her team did an amazing job making sure our day went smoothly (and to not stress out the bride!). It almost seemed magical how everything came together. She also gave great recommendations on vendors, provided suggestions on what we actually need for our day, helpful when researching vendors, and was very flexible and accommodating to our budget. She was also very responsive and especially more so as it got closer to our day. Trust me, if you want to have a relaxing and enjoyable wedding, you need to hire I Do Weddings.

Sent on 11/13/2018

Clint L. · Married on 10/05/2018

An amazing planner for a flawless day.

My husband and I were very nervous about our wedding plans. Shortly after our engagement we decided on a Hawaiian destination wedding. We both live in Germany which logistically speaking makes arranging a Hawaiian wedding difficult. How would we ever be able to organize a wedding from half-way around the world? We needed a wedding planner. After careful consideration, we decided that we wanted Sun Kim and her team at I DO Weddings to help us.

Our initial meeting via Skype left us with a positive impression. Sun is very easy to communicate with. She answered all of our questions and made us feel at ease. We are both 'boring' engineers, and as two men we didn't really have any idea what we wanted or how to plan a wedding. It seemed we knew more about what we didn't want, versus what we did. Sun was patient with us, but most importantly she listened. Sun came back to us with several suggestions and they were great. She really knows how to help her clients. Over the course of several months the plan began to come together, all the while she made herself available to us (despite the 12 hour time difference) anytime we needed to ask questions or to calm our nerves over the details.

Sun took care of everything. She researched the venue for us based on the type of ceremony that we wanted. The views of the ocean and Waikiki in the background were stunning. Sun and her team found the perfect restaurant for our reception lunch; the food, the wait staff, the views...spectacular! Sun helped us locate the vendor for our beautiful cake. We also used the florist, the officiant, musician, and photographer that she recommended to us. All of which were exactly what we were looking for. Her team was able to accommodate all of our needs.

On our special day all we had to do was show up, and our wedding was flawless! We received so many compliments from all our guests. From the gorgeous flowers, the venues with their magnificent views, the very yummy cake, and the wonderful reception lunch; everyone was very pleased with all the work that Sun and her team had done for us. Our day was so perfect. Thanks again Sun for making our day unforgettable.

Sent on 10/23/2018

Cici · Married on 09/09/2018

Sun Kim and her team did an amazing job of making sure our wedding ran smoothly and that we didn’t have to worry about a thing. Our wedding schedule was perfect (we were actually a few minutes ahead of schedule!). The wedding was exactly as we pictured, in fact it was better than we could’ve possibly imagined.

Sent on 09/12/2018

Sabrina Chong · Married on 08/26/2018

Most magical wedding!

Kim is beyond AMAZING! I am so blessed to have Kim as my wedding planner. Being a local girl, Kim knows Hawaii, especially Oahu really well. She knows all the beautiful secret wedding venues to provide the most incredible wedding backdrop, as well as a joyous space to host our guests. She also has great connections with all the vendors starting from florists, photographers/videographers, DJs, caterers, wedding officiants, travel specialists, and more. Kim is super organized, meticulous, efficient, and easy to talk to. Some might say I am a "bridezilla" due to all my requests. However Kim is always available to bounce ideas with me to collaborate and create the most perfect dream wedding for my husband, Mike and I. All in all, Kim is a visionary, executor, and perfectionist. I personally endorse Kim and highly recommend her as the best wedding planner in Hawaii! With my most heartfelt gratitude, I would like to thank Kim for helping me create the most magical day in my life! I will cherish this day forever in my heart!

Sent on 10/20/2018

Ashly · Married on 08/23/2018

Sun was absolutely wonderful! From the very first phone call to the day of our wedding she kept us on schedule and made the planning so much easier than it would have been on my own. The vendors she recommended were amazing! With Hurricane Lane on its way, Sun and her team did such a great job pulling everything together and making the day truly unforgettable. The ceremony was perfect and I got my wish to have my toes in the sand as we said “I do”! The reception was so full of love, laughter and smiles that it was contagious. Thank you so so so very much for making our day so special and remaining calm and positive the whole time, it was a pleasure to meet and work with you!

Sent on 08/29/2018

Monica · Married on 08/04/2018

Kim and her team were amazing! My husband and I started planning our Hawaii destination wedding renewal (been married for 10 years and never had a big wedding, so why not!?) about 18 months before the big day. We knew we needed a planner who was in Hawaii to help us work through all the wedding details since we live in San Francisco. I had interviewed a few other wedding planners but really hit it off with Kim. I knew she was the right planner when I told her that I am an over-the-top control freak who is easily agitated and that didn't scare her away. :) Planning our wedding renewal with Kim was so much fun! Kim made sure we didn't freak out about planning by always fielding our numerous questions and being on top of all wedding details. She listens to what you want but still provides her honest opinion and advice so you can make the best decision. Kim brought our wedding day vision to life and it was amazing and flawless! We love her!

Sent on 08/19/2018

Jade · Married on 02/02/2018

I wish there was an option to give 10 stars!!!! Our wedding in Hawaii was more amazing than we had expected! All of our family and friends are still talking about it! Sun Kim was a pleasure to work with, very easy to talk to, professional and really made everything so easy for us. This was a destinationwedding for us so we definitely needed a planner and so glad we chose I DO. We are satisfied with the outcome.

Sent on 03/01/2018

Kalis · Married on 09/17/2017

We hired Sun to be our day of coordinator for our September 2017 destination wedding at Turtle Bay. As a former event professional (not in weddings, but in corporate events), she was exactly what I would want from a day of person. She allowed us to ship things to her from the mainland and went above and beyond when we asked resources of her (including sourcing a Korean language tour service, which is obviously not part of the normal day of coordination service!). She was thorough, knowledgeable, and wonderful to work with.

Though I will say that there were 1 or 2 occasions where I felt like she could have responded a little bit faster to some of my emails, that is likely my very intense sense of urgency speaking more than her abilities as a coordinator lol (I am a serious type A). She handled all of the interactions with other vendors beautifully and our day of went off without a single hitch (or if there was one, we certainly did not know about it). I would not hesitate with recommending her services to anyone who is in the market for wedding coordination needs! We had the most perfect day and will cherish it forever.

Mahalo nui loa!

Sent on 09/28/2017

Sasha · Married on 09/09/2017

I hired Kim to be my day-of wedding coordinator. She started working with me a month before my wedding. She finalized everything that I had planned and made sure that I had a stress free wedding day. It was great! Kim is easy to work with and can help make you vision come to life. So thankful for her help!

Sent on 09/17/2017

Debbie · Married on 08/25/2017

Soooo happy with my decision to work with Sun Kim & her team to plan the most important day of my life! Sun is very patient, kind and I always felt she had my best interest throughout the whole planning process. Everything turned out to be exactly what I wanted and more! All my friends and family were so impressed and we all had an AMAZING time! Thank you I Do team! I couldn’t have done it without all of you!!

Sent on 12/23/2017

Kristine · Married on 06/25/2017

Anyone looking for a wedding planner should stop looking further and select Kim and her team to help make your dream wedding come true! You won’t regret it! Kim is very caring and works hard to make sure you get what you want. She communicates well, very organized & professional! We are so thankful and grateful that we hired her to be our wedding planner!

Sent on 12/26/2017

Stephanie · Married on 08/18/2016

We were planning to organize our own wedding until we met Kim at a the bridal expo. We fell in love with her booth and we never regretted our decision of working with her. She helped us every step of the way and she found a more perfect venue after the first venue was cancelled (double booking issue). Me and my bride were slacking on the wedding planning and we're so thankful that Kim made sure that we stay on top of it even if the event was months away. Every single detail that she put together exceeded our hawaiian beach wedding idea. All our guests are impressed by her work and we couldn't thank her enough for giving us a beautiful wedding! If you're a couple who don't want to hire a wedding planner coz you think you can do everything on your own, please allow yourselves to be less stressful by finding a good coordinator who will just make everything work perfectly for your big day.

Sent on 08/23/2016

Gia · Married on 05/13/2016

I am so glad we hired Kim from I do weddings! I was clueless to where to start with my wedding planning but having Kim as my planner made everything so easy and fun. She's sweet & easy to talk to as well. She took care of all the details and pretty much...EVERYTHING lol my wedding day was perfect!! Everyone enjoyed themselves. I felt that the best part of Kim and her team is they really care about you and your special day. They are passionate about what they do and I genuinely feel they went over and beyond to make sure I was oblivious to anything going on behind the scenes of my wedding day so I could relax and enjoy my day. Which I definitely did!!! :) I would recommend "I do weddings" to any new couple looking for a caring and skillful wedding planner for their big day!! Thanks again Kim! We love you!! :))

Sent on 06/09/2016

I do weddings & events's reply:

Aloha Gia!!! Thank you for having us be a part of your special day! It's been an absolute pleasure working with you and Michael. I know Michael's jokes will having you both laughing for many many years to come! :D THANK YOU again.....Love & ALOHA ~

Lauren · Married on 04/30/2016

Kim from I Do Weddings has been extremely helpful from the beginning. We thought in the beginning it was a waste of money but it was well worth every penny at the end. I feel Kim had made sure our dream wedding came true. She absolutely took care everything. My husband and I did not have to worry about anything before and during the wedding. She will make sure to contact all the vendors and will keep in touch with you if there has been any changes. If there's a problem she'll make sure to take care of as soon as she can. She's very perfessional, organized, easy to work with and sweet. She's has been a blessing to have her as our wedding planner. We were so very thankful and grateful to have her coordinate our special day. I recommend anyone to hire Kim from I Do Weddings if you would like a stress free wedding day.

Sent on 05/03/2016

Doane · Married on 03/05/2016

Excellent service . Overall my wedding turned out exactly how I imagined.. Very professional.. Definitely recommend their services to future couples.

Sent on 03/08/2016

Susan · Married on 03/17/2015

Kim was my wedding planner and I really can't say enough about her. I interviewed three planners because I wanted to make sure I had the very best for my wedding on Oahu. I knew I wanted to go with Kim because I was confident that she could get the job done. She wanted to help us achieve the wedding of our dreams while staying within our budget.

Kim made us feel special from the start like our wedding was the only one she was working on. She is very detailed oriented and by balancing her suggestions with our input we had planned the perfect beach wedding of our dreams. She was honest and straightforward about what she thought wouldn’t work for us. Every little tiny detail was taken care of! Usually I stress over any kind of planning, so my friends were amazed to see me so stress free! Using Kim's referrals such as the florist, DJ and caterer saved us a lot of money & time. She put together a great team. I really liked that she gave us a few choices on each category and ultimately my husband and I ended up making the final decision on which vendor we were going to go with. Please consider I DO for your Hawaii wedding. I know it is a very special day for you and so does Kim and her team!

Sent on 02/08/2016

Vandissa · Married on 08/18/2018

Sun was a professional through and through! We ended up pushing our wedding back a full year, just after hiring her, and she rolled with every bump along the way. We were hesitant about hiring a coordinator but ended up being so glad we did (especially when ours turned out to be a destination wedding—on the most popular wedding date this year).

She was able to bring to life the vision that I sometimes couldn’t even explain in words.

Everything we asked for was delivered on. Sun was attentive, always calming and punctual. She stayed within budget, found us every little random thing requested, and did it all with a smile. She’s resourceful and smart and we couldn’t have done it without her.

Ms. Kim produced the best wedding ever!

Sent on 09/03/2018

L · Married on 02/14/2018

1.6
      1.0
      1.0

Unlike the other reviewers here, I did NOT have such a great experience with Sun Kim. As this was a destination wedding, I met Sun Kim in person for the first time on my actual wedding day. She came across as extremely cold and unsympathetic, which is far from what I would expect from a professional who is in the business of delivering memorable experiences on the most important day of their clients' lives!! I was genuinely shocked by her attitude; she came across as thoroughly 'inconvenienced' and I was brought to tears by her abrasiveness. We were in the midst of a terrible rain storm on my wedding day. As a bride with an outdoor venue, I was nervous and disappointed. I don't believe that Sun Kim did a very good job of communicating Plan B or C or even laying out my options. Decisions were being made about moving my venue indoors without fully consulting me or even allowing me to see what the new venue would look like OR how my aisle decorations and chair adornments would tie in. At one point, the plan was simply to place the trellis at the entrance of the reception doors and to leave all of my guests STANDING alongside a wall of my reception venue while I walk in (no plan about how we'd incorporate my aisle decorations...). Instead of showing patience and fully informing me about each option I could take I felt like I was pressured into pulling the ceremony indoors as she insisted that the rain would not stop and they needed to start the set-up.
    Against her advice, I kept my ceremony venue outdoors and the rain stopped! Luckily, I had great advice from some of the other vendors who were SO awesome! There were other hiccups along the way that I won't get into.
    Overall, I can not recommend the service of this planner unless you want someone who acts as if your wedding is the LAST place she would like to be. Even my guests were asking about the miserable looking lady sitting at the welcome table and were shocked that she was my coordinator!!

Sent on 02/20/2018

I do weddings & events's reply:

I'm so very sorry I did not meet your expectations. I am motivated more than ever to achieve all my client's needs.