Lorraine Arthur Cakes Reviews

6 | Washington, DC

6 Reviews for Lorraine Arthur Cakes

Lorraine was Fabulous!! I met with her with my fiance and could not decide on just one cake...we got a total of Four flavors! We chose the white almond cake and almond frosting for the main cake. I had a few photos as inspiration and she was able to incorporate a little bit of all of them! The cake was Beautiful! The other three cakes went fast at the reception they were such a big hit...carrot cake, german chocolate, and pineapple upside down cake!
    Thank you and your husband for helping make our wedding a dream come true!

Sent on 08/26/2013

Genevieve · Married on 06/02/2012

Five out of five stars says it all! Lorraine is great! She came highly recommended by the caterer and photographer we met with so we gave her a call and I'm so glad we did. The cake was amazing (we especially enjoyed the white almond cake with raspberry filling) and the service was fantastic! My fiance wasn't able to meet with her when we did the taste tasting but Lorraine made him his own sample cake a week before the wedding just so he could taste it.

Sent on 07/05/2012
  • danielle

danielle · Married on 05/12/2012

The cake was beautiful and delicious. Exactly what I wanted and she delivered. People have been asking me for her number to order cakes for their anniversaries. Everyones favorite flavor was the Raspberry Almond White cake. She named off what seemed like 50 different flavors, and we had 3 and they were all good.

Sent on 05/18/2012

Jairren · Married on 04/09/2011

We originally went to see Lorraine about our wedding cake as the "traditional" bakeries were so expensive. My sister in law had a Lorraine cake and recommended it. Lorraine was a MUCH better price- but the real deal was that the cake was AMAZING. Just google "Lorraine Arthur Cakes" and you can see examples. The cake is the most delicious cake ever- my family is very much into their cakes- and it was gone by the end of our reception. We order Lorraine's cakes for every birthday, Birth, Mother's Day, Baptism, you name it. Any excuse to get a Lorraine Cake!!! Our favorite is the Champagne cake and frosting, but for our wedding we had 3 tiers each a different flavor and icing/filling, and then had chocolate cupcakes that were equally delicious and beautiful. I just had Lorraine make a cake for a friend's wedding shower and everyone couldn't stop talking about how amazing the cake was. You can't go wrong with Lorraine. **P.S. She is super sweet and a beautiful person too which is a bonus in my book.

Sent on 08/15/2014

Leah · Married on 06/13/2015

I had three cakes made by Lorraine and she was a joy to work with from the minute we spoke. Such an inviting personality and she really listens! She made me an almond white 4 tiered wedding cake, a black forest groom's cake and a classic walnut carrot cake. I had more than I needed but still almost all of it was gone! Guests raved about each flavor and I felt like it was very good value for the price. Wonderful lady, wonderful cakes.

Sent on 06/22/2015

Lorraine has been wonderful to work with. You can tell that she really loves making cakes for people and giving them a great value. Her cakes are beautiful and you cannot beat the prices. I'm not a cake lover, but I really enjoyed her cakes. I would definitely recommend!!

Sent on 10/15/2015