The Cake Boutique

Winchester, District of Columbia View map Visit website

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

Hence our name, we’re a true boutique-style wedding cake bakery.

Since we specialize in wedding cakes, we know the wedding industry inside and out, and we understand the incredibly high standards you expect when it comes to an occasion as meaningful as a wedding. We look forward to the opportunity to meet and hear about the unique details of your special day!

​We take great pleasure in showcasing our style and delicious flavors in the making of our cakes. We are a buttercream specialty bakery. We can get the buttercream super smooth to where it looks like fondant, but without taking away the taste while still saving you money.

The Cake Boutique lives by the slogan, “Have cake, will travel,” meaning there is no distance too great for wedding cake delivery. Sarah offers couples an extensive menu of flavor options, including vanilla, chocolate, almond, strawberry, lemon, red velvet, coconut, snickerdoodle, pink champagne, almond-lavender, pumpkin. Gluten-free and vegan are also available. As well as cakes, the bakery offers cookies, cupcakes, dessert buffets, and grooms' cakes. Services provided by Sarah and her team include:

• Consultations
  • Custom design
  • Private tastings
  • Delivery
  • Set up

For a detailed list of flavors and pricing, please go to www.thecakeboutiqueva.com.

• Woman-owned

$6

What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)?

$2.75

What services do your prices include?

Consultation
Custom Cake Design
Delivery
Set Up
Tastings - Private

What types of desserts do you provide?

Cakes
Cookies
Cupcakes
Dessert Buffet
Groom's Cake

What services do you provide?

Consultations
Custom Design
Delivery
Setup
Tastings - Private

What dietary needs can you accommodate?

Gluten Free
Lactose Free
Nut Free
Vegan

What special ingredients do you use?

Organic

Are you licensed by the state health department?

• Nicole
    Nicole Married on 12/31/2021

Talented & Easy to Work With!

A little over a year ago, I sent an inquiry to Sarah asking for a black wedding cake (with gold leafing) to accent our Harry Potter-inspired New Years Eve wedding. She got super excited about creating something unique and different for us. When we did our cake tasting in March 2021, it was almost impossible to pick flavors because they are all truly so delicious. In the end we ended up going with a smaller, 2-tiered black carrot cake for us and then for our guests we went with carrot cake, lemon w/lemon curd filling & citrus frosting (trust me), & vegan chocolate cupcakes. Not only was our cake gorgeous, but all the flavors were absolutely delicious. I really enjoyed working with Sarah and when we wanted to make a flavor change, it wasn’t an issue at all. She’s very talented and truly fantastic to work with! Can’t wait to take our topper out of the freezer at the end of the year!!!
    Ashley R. Married on 11/15/2021

Wedding Cake Review

Sarah is a wonderful baker to work with! I used Sarah for my first wedding and I loved her so much that I asked her to do my elopement cake when I got remarried. I will ALWAYS use Sarah whenever I have a professional cake made!
    Nicole L. Married on 10/16/2021

The biggest hit of the day

Sara’s cakes and cupcakes are simply amazing! Both with taste and display! I had a few different options for my nearly 170 wedding guests and with about 150 cupcakes and a three tiered cut cake there were only a few cupcakes left at the end of the night (thankfully for myself!) during the following weeks I had so many people ask me for the Cake Boutiques contact info for their events. Sara is professional, creative, and can truly make your cake dreams come true. She will be seeing a lot of me for future events for sure!!!

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

Real Weddings

• Victoria & David
    74 photos · 05/11/2019

Stephanie Leigh Photography & Design Stephanie Leigh Photography & Design Wedding Photographers

Sarah of the Cake Boutique is always a delight to work with. She is well educated in her craft and such a joy to be around. Her Cakes are gorgeous and delicious (literally the best frosting I have ever eaten!). I always look forward to photographing her stunning cakes and admiring their delicious beauty!

ImageQuality1.com ImageQuality1.com Wedding Videographers

I did work with The Cake Boutique in the past. They do a very good job and I highly recommend them.

Winchester Winchester, District of Columbia, 22601

Appointment Only
Location of (The Cake Boutique)

Other vendors in Washington DC for your wedding