The Cake Boutique Reviews

The Cake Boutique 2
The Cake Boutique 3
The Cake Boutique 4

Toni · Getting married on 09/28/2019

Our mad hatter wedding cake was amazing! The cupcakes were delicious and it all looked fantastic! Thanks so much!

Christie · Married on 09/01/2018

Sarah was so friendly and fun to work with. She has such a vast variety of cake and icing flavors, and I'm already looking forward to our anniversary to eat the rest of our cake!

The Cake Boutique 5

Tiara · Married on 08/24/2018

The day of my wedding, I didn't get a chance to really talk to Sarah, but my guests loved the cupcakes she provided for me and my husband's big day. She was quick to respond via email and text, and was helpful in suggesting what flavor pairings of icings and cupcake to go with. The affordability of her services was also a huge plus!

• Kristie

Kristie · Married on 07/21/2018

Delicious!

Thank you for making a delicious cake for our wedding! The flavors were spot on and amazing! You were a pleasure to work with!! I would recommend you hands down to anyone who asks!

• Emily

Emily · Married on 07/01/2018

Not only did our cake look beautiful, but it tasted heavenly! Our wedding guests told us that our cake was the best wedding cake they ever tasted. Now I am trying to think of another event so that I have an excuse to order another one of The Cake Boutique’s cakes!

• JLD

Jamie · Married on 04/21/2018

Sarah at The Cake Boutique is great to work with! From the time of contact she was very responsive and easy to work with. At the tasting, she got to know our vision and made recommendations on what would look and taste best to fit with our wedding. Very knowledgeable and everything we tried tasted amazing! She delivered at the scheduled time and got everything set up the day of the wedding, 4/21/18. Everything looked exactly as expected and we got so many compliments on how great all the cupcakes were. Highly recommend!!

The Cake Boutique 6
    The Cake Boutique 7

Carrie · Married on 11/18/2017

There are not enough ways for us to say THANK YOU for such an amazing wedding cake. It was absolutely perfect, both in design and flavor. We could not have been happier! Sarah is responsive, personable, listens to your design ideas, and executes exactly what you want. We had 3 flavors: vanilla with lemon filling, almond with raspberry filling, and red velvet with chocolate ganache filling. Every single bite of every layer was beyond delicious and the price is exactly right!! I will definitely use Cake Boutique, again, for any special cake needs.

The Cake Boutique 8

Daniel · Married on 09/09/2017

Sarah is truly an amazing person, and also the very best for all bake good needs. My wife and I met her to select a wedding cake, where we informed her, we were on a tight budget. Sarah put us at ease with a large selection and variety which fit our budget. At no time did she make us feel like just another customer but truly took an interest in getting our wedding cake right for us. It made us both feel valued as customers ans respected as people. After selection she was always available via email, phone or face to face. If you are looking for any type of baked goods make The Cake Boutique your first and only selection.

Ashley · Married on 09/02/2017

Our cake tasted and looked amazing! Couldn't be happier!

Michelle · Married on 08/19/2017

I absolutely LOVED working with Sarah, the owner of the Cake Boutique! She is sweet, friendly, and responsive-- a bride's dream! My then fiancee and I went to her shop in Winchester for our tasting and was blown away by her work. I provided her with a picture of the wedding cake I had envisioned and she delivered to the tee! The cake was EXACTLY what we were hoping for and more. Guests kept taking pictures of the cake and LOVED the design and features of the Washington DC monuments/buildings. Not only did the cake look beautiful, my mother could not stop talking about how delicious the cake was (we picked lemon raspberry and chocolate oreo). The price was also very reasonable, especially compared to bakers in and around the DC/MD/VA area. Thank you, Sarah, for a wonderful job! We will certainly think of you for other future events and highly recommend the Cake Boutique for all brides and others looking for a baker for their special event-- you will not be disappointed :)

Taylor · Married on 07/29/2017

Our cake was beautiful and so delicious! We highly recommend using cake boutique for any special occasion.

Hannah · Married on 07/22/2017

The Cake Boutique was the only bakery in the area who would prepare and deliver a wedding cake with less than a two week notice. Even though that's not their norm, they were more than willing to help me out. It was a 3 tier BEAUTIFUL and delicious cake. Sarah even made a few changes that I requested just days before the wedding. They made this experience a piece of cake! ( pun intended ) I highly recommend them to everyone!

Diana · Married on 06/17/2017

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!!! My cake was perfect and so delicious.

Katie · Married on 06/11/2017

Sarah is WONDERFUL. My husband and I went to a few different places and as soon as we got to Sarah's bakery in Winchester we were confident we had found a winner. We had a great time with her going over the flavors we had selected to try and were left so torn because we loved everything. We had originally wanted cupcakes but then decided to go with a cake and she was so responsive and easy-going about all our changes. The day before the wedding she emailed me to let me know she had been checking the weather (it was predicted to be HOT) and that she would do the delivery as close to the start time as possible to avoid having the cake sit outside in the heat. She put us completely at ease and our cake was both GORGEOUS and DELICIOUS. Our guests raved about the two flavors and we actually ate our anniversary tier with our families the next day for lunch... WHOOPS. I highly recommend Sarah and The Cake Boutique to anyone looking for a fairly priced, scrumptious cake baked by a person who truly loves what they do.

Mary · Married on 06/03/2017

Sarah at The Cake Boutique was great to work with and the cake she made for my daughter's June 3 wedding was beautiful and delicious!! Our guests loved it! I never even saw her on the wedding day, she just came in, put the cake
    together, arranged the flowers beautifully and voila! No thought or worry on my part! Thanks, Sarah for being part of the amazing team that made the wedding perfect!!

Dorothy · Married on 05/13/2017

This experience was remarkable. Fabulous flavors. Incredibly flexible in offering, design, and variety. Delivered on time with a pleasant smile. HIGHLY recommended! Wedding cake and cupcakes!

Jennifer · Married on 04/15/2017

It was a pleasure working with Sarah to come up with a wedding cake and cupcake array that looked great and fit within our budget. I opted for a cake tasting beforehand and that was a lot of fun. It also helped me firm up my choices of flavors. Sarah was very responsive and had some great suggestions, and everyone loved the cake and cupcakes -- especially the dark chocolate with Reeses and peanut butter frosting! I would absolutely recommend The Cake Boutique if you're getting married in the Northern Virginia or eastern West Virginia areas!

J · Married on 04/08/2017

We opted for cupcakes instead of a wedding cake and Sarah hit the ball out of the park. When we came in for our tasting she was ready and waiting for us. She was very helpful and flexible helping us settle on what flavors we wanted. On the big day, she delivered the cupcakes and iced them on site so that they'd be perfect. Our guests raved about how good they were. (The Reese's Peanutbutter cupcake is just incredible, you owe it to yourself to try it.)

Jessica · Married on 03/25/2017

Hi Sarah,

Matthew and I would like to thank you!! The cake looked amazing...exceeded expectations...From the way it looked like an actual cake to how you decorated it....It was truly beautiful!! It also tasted delicious!! We received so many compliments...Everyone thought it was an actual cake and not rice krispies...Phenomenal job!!

The cookies were also amazing...The way you incorporated our colors with the frosting and ribbon ..So so well done and also tasted very good!! They were the perfect wedding favor.

We highly recommend you to everyone we know.

Thanks again!!

Jose · Married on 07/09/2016

Sarah did a fantastic flawless job with our cake! It was beautiful and delicious! Everyone thought it was great! We can barely wait until the year anniversary to try it again! Thanks Sarah!

Jose and Carlos

Elmo · Married on 06/18/2016

beautiful cake here, great test I recommend for everyone ...

Lauren · Married on 10/24/2015

Amazing! We hired The Cake Boutique to prepare both a wedding cake and a birthday cake for our wedding (father-of-the-groom turned 60 on our wedding day). Both cakes were delicious and very pretty. In fact, we were late for our send-off because my husband ran back into the venue to eat one last slice of cake before leaving. I can't wait until we can eat some more on our one-year anniversary, but until then I will just stare longingly at the tightly-sealed top layer every time I open the freezer. Sarah was also very easy to work with, and her cake tasting was the best one we went to. I highly recommend The Cake Boutique.

Lauren · Married on 06/14/2015

Sarah at The Cake Boutique was fabulous and we couldn't be happier! We set up a tasting where we were allowed to sample 3 flavors of cake/icing of our choosing. Once we had tried the snickerdoodle cake with buttercream icing there was no turning back- we had found our wedding cake flavor, unfortunately we liked too many flavors, so we ended up getting cupcakes so we could get multiple flavors! They were all too delicious- guests left nothing to bring home. Sarah took the picture of my dream wedding cake and made it reality! She also helped me plan a surprise groom's cake for my husband. I gave her my vision with no solid pictures/ideas in mind and she made a cake better than I could've ever imagined!! I can't wait for another excuse to get a cake from Sarah!

Natasha · Married on 06/07/2015

Our wedding cake was exactly what we were looking for when we were planning our wedding! Our cake tasting was a lot of fun and on the day of our wedding I was blown away by our cake! We had three tiers one of each of the following; snicker doodle, lemon and strawberry. All of our guests loved the cake and have continued to make comments since! It was amazing!