The Cake Boutique Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner

• Frankie
    Frankie F. Married on 01/22/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

This is your wedding cake vendor!

Wow. What can I say about this cake and working with Sarah. She was so easy to work with, the price was unbeatable, and the cake...INCREDIBLE. I am a baker myself, so I am quite picky - but dang Sarah CAN BAKE! We had our parents come to our cake tasting and we had a blast. Sarah is professional and sweet (no pun intended!) We ended up doing a cutting cake as almond with raspberry filling and vanilla buttercream. It was so elegant and beautiful. We then did cupcakes for our guests. We had a set to match our cake flavor, a set of Pink Champagne cupcakes with citrus buttercream, and a set of chocolate cupcakes with peanut butter mouse and oreo buttercream (I am picky about chocolate cake - this cake is a WINNER!) The Almond and pink champagne cakes were also stunning; my mom, die hard chocolate only fan, even loved these!! Lastly, we did a dozen gluten free - these were great gluten free cupcakes - even according to my guests who eat gluten free all the time! If you are debating on a cake vendor or do not have the ability to taste...GO WITH SARAH. You will not be disappointed. Each bite of her cakes you see and taste the love. I only wish I lived closer to eat her cake more frequently.
  • Nicole
    Nicole Married on 12/31/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Talented & Easy to Work With!

A little over a year ago, I sent an inquiry to Sarah asking for a black wedding cake (with gold leafing) to accent our Harry Potter-inspired New Years Eve wedding. She got super excited about creating something unique and different for us. When we did our cake tasting in March 2021, it was almost impossible to pick flavors because they are all truly so delicious. In the end we ended up going with a smaller, 2-tiered black carrot cake for us and then for our guests we went with carrot cake, lemon w/lemon curd filling & citrus frosting (trust me), & vegan chocolate cupcakes. Not only was our cake gorgeous, but all the flavors were absolutely delicious. I really enjoyed working with Sarah and when we wanted to make a flavor change, it wasn’t an issue at all. She’s very talented and truly fantastic to work with! Can’t wait to take our topper out of the freezer at the end of the year!!!
    Ashley R. Married on 11/15/2021

Wedding Cake Review

Sarah is a wonderful baker to work with! I used Sarah for my first wedding and I loved her so much that I asked her to do my elopement cake when I got remarried. I will ALWAYS use Sarah whenever I have a professional cake made!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Nicole L. Married on 10/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The biggest hit of the day

Sara’s cakes and cupcakes are simply amazing! Both with taste and display! I had a few different options for my nearly 170 wedding guests and with about 150 cupcakes and a three tiered cut cake there were only a few cupcakes left at the end of the night (thankfully for myself!) during the following weeks I had so many people ask me for the Cake Boutiques contact info for their events. Sara is professional, creative, and can truly make your cake dreams come true. She will be seeing a lot of me for future events for sure!!!
    Sean O. Married on 10/15/2021

Highly recommend!

The Cake Boutique was recommended to us by our wedding coordinator, and clearly for good reason. After our visit with the owner/baker, Sarah, we knew we’d made the right choice. The selection of flavors, fillings and frostings were all delicious and we struggled to pick just a few for our event. Sarah kept in close correspondence with us throughout the process to ensure all the odds and ends were figured out prior to the day. She made suggestions and helped us with a custom cupcake stand we wanted to incorporate and the final result was better than expected. Sarah’s deserts were unanimously enjoyed by everyone at the wedding! HIGHLY recommend!
  • Autumn
    Autumn D. Married on 10/09/2021

So delish!!

Sarah made the most delicious cupcakes for our wedding. We had 3 different flavors and our guests loved trying them all! We barely had any left over for ourselves! I can't wait to hire her again for future events!
    Amy Married on 09/25/2021

Highly Recommend!

Summary: cake flavors were incredible and Sarah was even more amazing to work with!

Sarah was ultra responsive even when I was likely an annoying bride. She never made me feel that way! She was always excited and patient and answered my 100 questions. She offered suggestions that led us to pick three flavors: strawberry with key lime frosting (omg so amazing), wedding almond with raspberry filling and chocolate with cannoli filling and cookies and cream icing. Our wedding cake was absolutely amazing! I sent her a picture of what I wanted and she delivered! It looked beautiful (minus the flowers but that wasn’t her fault lol) and she was able to do a surprise grooms cake for me too! Guest photo below.
    I can’t say enough good things about working with this vendor! The cake tasted amazing - so much so that I’ve already ordered more cake! Why have just one anniversary flavor when I loved all three?! You will not regret working with/hiring this vendor! She is absolutely worth it!!! Only “negative” is I’m now addicted to her strawberry cake with key lime frosting, and I’m sad I can’t have it all the time ;)
  • Paula
    Paula C. Married on 09/25/2021

Perfection!

Fabulous cake!! Very responsive, attentive to detail and the cake was delicious! Highly recommend!!
    Holly D. Married on 09/15/2021

Delicious cake!

We had the best experience working with Sarah! We chose her snickerdoodle cake with cinnamon frosting and it was a huge hit! We had so many of our family and friends comment on how delicious it was (even the ones who don’t normally eat cake or sweets). Highly recommend choosing the cake boutique for your event!
  • Jenna
    Jenna M. Married on 09/05/2021

Sarah was so AMAZING!

Sarah was the absolute best to work with!!! Our cake she made was breathtaking! We had multiple people come up to us during our wedding and after our wedding to let us know that it was the best wedding cake they have ever had! Highly recommend the snickerdoodle😃
    Amanda D. Married on 08/21/2021

Awesome cake!

Our cake was amazing. Tasted great and looked stunning. We couldn't have asked for anything better. We chose lemon/blueberry and raspberry/almond as our cake flavors. They were so good. We had several compliments from our guests too. Sarah was so easy to work with. Our guest count ended up being somewhat less than we originally planned, so she worked with us to revise our cake order to better match our actual guest count. She was great about answering our questions about cake stands and flowers too. Overall, a really great experience and I would definitely recommend using The Cake Boutique!
    Christe L. Married on 08/07/2021

Beautiful and delicious cake

Our cake turned out perfect! Sarah was very friendly and helpful with the cake design and flavor combos. During our tasting we couldn’t decide between two flavors and she suggested we have the different flavors on different layers which was a great idea! Our guests loved the cake and it was both delicious and beautifully made.
  • Natasha
    Natasha N. Married on 06/19/2021

Amazing Service!

We met and had our cake tasting. We decided on two flavors for our 3 tiered cake (lemon raspberry for the bottom and almond and chocolate ganache for the top 2). Our design was very simple. The cake was delivered on time. All of our guests raved to us about it. We especially loved how moist it was and the lemon raspberry was our favorite! Definitely a highlight for all.
    Stacey M. Married on 04/30/2021

Hire Sarah NOW

I need to start this off by saying I am a cake connoisseur. I have tried cupcakes in high places, in low places, in big places, in small places. Sarah's cakes are honestly some of the best I've ever had. I had a small two tier naked cutting cake, with almond cake and raspberry filling and 3 dozen variety cupcakes (Lemon/Vanilla. Chocolate/Chocolate, Vanilla/Strawberry) everything was fresh, moist, and delicious. Even some of my "not into sweets" people in the crowd remarked how wonderful the cake was. I went on a limb and got the lemon cupcakes after not sampling them and Sarah definitely delivered. Lemon is such a hard cake to master but she has, it was light and sweet and a favorite among guests. Sarah herself is also a gem, when my now husband and I went for cake tasting we had a blast. She is responsive, and considerate, and so easy to work with, even my other vendors remarked on how nice she is. You really can't go wrong with Sarah, her work is not only beautiful but so tasty, I am still dreaming of the cakes as I write this!
  • Christi
    Christi Married on 02/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Fantastic Cake & Experience!

Working with Sarah was a pleasure! The cake was delicious and looked beautiful. Winchester is fortunate to have such a gem of a cake maker. I would highly recommend "The Cake Boutique."
    Caroline K. Married on 12/05/2020

Amazing!

The Cake Boutique was the absolute best choice for our special day(s)! Sarah is the sweetest person, and super flexible and easy to work with. We loved all the flavors at our tasting… it was hard to pick just one or two flavors!

She not only stuck with us through our covid wedding, but then made the best cupcakes for a delayed reception at a later date. Her cake and cupcakes are amazing; the buttercream frosting is to die for!! AND our anniversary cake a year later tasted just as good as the day of our wedding!
  • Hannah
    Hannah P. Married on 11/07/2020

Wonderful Experience with The Cake Boutique

Sarah was so amazing to work with for our November 14th wedding! Being a bride in the middle of a pandemic means many ups and downs and several changes throughout the process. Sarah was amazing about it all. She was flexible, kind, patient, and her cakes are just so, SO delicious! I have told her many times that I dream about our snickerdoodle wedding cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting because it was just so delicious! My husband and I did a small wedding cake for ourselves and then a cupcake table with four different flavors of cupcakes. We asked Sarah to box and label half of the cupcakes as favors and have the other half sitting out. She did this without hesitation and it was all set up so beautifully! Our guests have been asking for weeks where we got our cupcakes from. They were a hit! Thank you, Sarah for making such delicious treats for our special day and for being so amazing to work with!
  • Emilia
    Emilia R. Married on 10/03/2020

Book The Cake Boutique!

Sarah was incredibly helpful, responsive, and flexible throughout the entire process. She understood our vision and executed it perfectly! Not only was she so easy to work with, the cake and cupcakes she made were absolutely amazing. The hardest part is deciding what flavors combinations you want. They are the BEST I’ve ever had (seriously, counting down the days until we can dip into our anniversary tier) and most of our guests told us how much they enjoyed it. Many even went back for seconds or snuck a cupcake home with them! After having to downsize our October 2020 wedding from 150 to 30 people, Sarah was extremely flexible and understanding when we had to change our order.

I could not recommended her more and can’t wait to use The Cake Boutique in the future!
    Sara Married on 09/05/2020

So freakin good! Lol

We got a lemon gluten free cake with raspberry filling! It was the most delicious cake! Usually gluten free cake is very dry and not too enjoyable but I would pick this cake from Cake Boutique over any regular cake! Service was great and the cake looked beautiful ❤️ I’m already planning on getting another for our anniversary next year! I can’t recommend Sarah highly enough!
  • Melissa
    Melissa O. Married on 08/28/2020

Amazing cupcakes!

Sarah was great to work with and very responsive to all of my questions during he wedding planning process. The cupcakes and cake at my wedding were absolutely delicious! I highly recommend her for any wedding/event needs.
    Laken H. Married on 08/07/2020

Laken and Tim Holzer

We loved our wedding cake! It was everything that we wanted, and it tasted just as good as it looked! We had a lot of guest at our wedding complement the flavor, design, and presentation of the cake! If you are look for a cake for any type of special event please come to this business! You get everything you ask for and more!
    Alysha Married on 07/26/2020

Delicious Cake

Sarah and Maddie were nothing short of incredible! Our original wedding was supposed to be in May of 2020 and ended up being rescheduled to July. Sarah moved her vacation to accommodate our wedding and created a specialty two-sided cake that was everything my husband and I could have hoped for. We are still eating it for breakfast and all of our guests gushed over the delicious flavors and beautiful design. We highly recommend The Cake Boutique!
  • Hannah
    Hannah D. Married on 07/26/2020

Amazing Cake Vendor!

The Cake Boutique helped make our wedding amazing! Sarah was very flexible and made us to-go cupcakes for a tasting when we couldn't meet in person due to the pandemic. She had a wide variety of flavors and her suggestions for flavor pairings were spot on. I really recommend the lemon cake with raspberry filling, the chocolate cake with salted caramel filling, and the vanilla cake with key lime icing. So good! The cake also looked spotless and pristine upon arrival. I highly recommends the Cake Boutique!
  • Iris
    Iris A. Married on 07/19/2020

Best frosting!

I typically don't like buttercream frosting but I fell in love with Sarah's! We were able to sample a few flavors and ultimately chose funfetti with caramel frosting and snickerdoodle with cinnamon frosting. My guests loved the flavor combos! The cake was absolute perfection and exceeded our expectations. It was still cool 3 hours after delivery in the middle of July! We couldn't believe it! Sarah did an incredible job! I cant wait to find another excuse to order a cake from her!
  • Alexa
    Alexa H. Married on 07/10/2020

The. Best. Cake. Ever!

Sarah was phenomenal! She was so easy to communicate with and responded in a timely manner, which was so important because we live 4 hours away. She helped me figure out the sizing I would need for my little dog figurine and even helped me with the cake combinations.

She definitely knows what she’s doing, because we ended up picking the flavor she recommended to pair together! The morning after our wedding, everyone raved about the cake! Our family and friends said it was the most delicious wedding cake they had ever had. Not only did it taste great but it looked perfect! I had sent her images of what my ideas were and she nailed it!

Overall, if you’re looking for a cake baker who is personable, flexible, efficient, professional, and experienced then look no more! Sarah is your girl!!!
illustration stars