PO Box 383315 (Big Island - Hawaii), Waikoloa, HI 96738 Map · Phone number
  • Real Weddings 1

About Jots of Thoughts Weddings & Events Inc.

Sara Kam, JOT owner, began as a weddings and special events coordinator for the award wining, top-rated Four Seasons Resort Hualalai, where she was given the opportunity to plan, design and coordinate weddings of all spectrums. After years of success there, she decided it was time to branch out on her own and share that same level of service with her clients.

Planning a wedding can be overwhelming; especially a destination wedding, but with the right person at your side it should become a smooth and fun experience. Our services range from day-of coordination to full wedding planning and design with customizable options available.

Always calm and organized, Jots of Thoughts will guide you through the entire planning process, ensuring all of the important details are covered. From venues to vendors, we connect you with the very best the Big Island has to offer. Together, we will turn your personal style and vision into the one special day you will never forget.

Follow Jots of Thoughts Weddings & Events Inc. on

kj 0545
687de48c860ae909 jot 8413
ka 7645
Jots of Thoughts Weddings & Events Inc.

72 Reviews for Jots of Thoughts Weddings & Events Inc.

Jots of Thoughts Weddings & Events Inc. 1
Jots of Thoughts Weddings & Events Inc. 2
Jots of Thoughts Weddings & Events Inc. 3
Jots of Thoughts Weddings & Events Inc. 4
Jots of Thoughts Weddings & Events Inc. 5
Jots of Thoughts Weddings & Events Inc. 6
Jots of Thoughts Weddings & Events Inc. 7

Karin · Getting married on 01/24/2021

I can't say enough good things about Sara Kam at Jots of Thoughts! She truly made my dream day come true. We decided to renew our vows, during our family vacation to Kona, Hawaii during Christmas, the busiest time of year! I did NOT want the canned "wedding renewal" packages I kept coming across. We wanted everything we couldn't afford the first time when we were young and just starting out. Everything I wanted, she it made happen. When it seemed like we wouldn't have a venue to have the ceremony, she worked tirelessly to find the perfect spot. Our very intimate ceremony and dinner was everything I had dreamed of. She worked closely with all of our vendors and made perfect suggestions for music and the officiant. In addition to being warm and friendly, she was absolutely professional and prompt with all responses. She truly went above and beyond, she even tracked down a wheelchair for my mother at the very last minute! I fully understand that I can be a little particular when it comes to details, Sara handled me perfectly. I wish I had more reasons to work with Sara, maybe in 10 years we will renew our vows again!

Sent on 04/21/2017
  • Tracy

Tracy · Married on 06/15/2019

Sara is a super hero

I hired Sara and I never regretted one single moment. She was so organized and easy to work with. She took all the random thoughts on my vision board and turned it into a dream come true. Every thing was perfect. If there were any hiccups, I knew nothing of it. Sara deserves all the notoriety of a super hero as she made my day absolutely perfect.

Sent on 07/21/2019
    Jots of Thoughts Weddings & Events Inc. 8
  • Tomá

Tomá Hunt-Beczak · Married on 10/29/2018

Marital Bliss

While I, admittedly, have limited experience getting married, I can tell you this: We had an AMAZING wedding. It surpassed my wildest expectations. We had a wedding that I truly (and unexpectedly) enjoyed (all four days of it!), and it was all thanks to Sara Kam. We had big, gay four-day wedding (including welcome drinks, rehearsal dinner, ceremony/reception and brunch) at the Mauna Kea / Westin Hapuna on the Big Island. We literally could not have done it without Sara. But perhaps more importantly, because we did it with Sara, everything turned out so beautifully that, on multiple occasions, I walked into one of our events and thought “Wow... this is stunning... is this really all for us?!” It was a surreal feeling of enchantment. And it all went by way too fast...

I would give this lady ten stars out of five if I could. Since that’s not possible, let me at least share ten reasons why I’m Sara’s biggest fan:

1. Sara is truly a master of her craft. She is not only the finest of wedding planners, but having worked in various roles and hotels on the island, she can provide expert advice on questions of all sizes:
    – Large: Is this the right venue? Will we need a tent? Does this estimate seem reasonable?
    – Medium: How do we make the bathroom at the reception more attractive for our guests?
    – Small: What kinda of local fruit could I include in my welcome bags?

Sara comes back with quick answers, inspiring ideas and practical solutions.

2. Sara is calm, collected and always in control. She knew our to-do list better than we did, throughout our entire 18-month planning process. She gave us an overview of the process, gave us the time to think about things when we needed to and sent us timely (but always polite) follow-ups when required. She was super flexible in accommodating unanticipated changes. But don’t be fooled by her lovely and calm demeanor—Sara will hold herself and her people to the highest standards in order to produce the unforgettable event (or series of events) you want and deserve.

3. Sara gets stuff done. When it felt like nobody else on the Big Island wanted to answer us back, we could always count on Sara to hunt people down and get answers. She even stopped by our wedding venue multiple times to provide us with updates, contact people whose help we needed and generally get stuff done.

4. Sara knows the best vendors. Her recommendations for flowers, photography, videography, audio, hair/makeup, Hawaiian ceremonial officiant, etc. were spot on. While we ended up bringing one of our favorite DJs from Honolulu ourselves, all the vendors Sara brought to our wedding were excellent at what they did and lovely to work with. Sara typically provided us with 2-3 options for each type of vendor, so we could pick whoever felt most right to us, safe in the knowledge that there could be no wrong decision because the recos were all people in Sara’s trusted circle.

5. Sara’s got great taste. I can’t count the number of times I sent Sara emails saying “Sounds good—we trust you!” I did not send them because I didn’t care, but because I knew Sara knew what the right amount of flowers, candles, pupus, etc. would... for us. I flagged that the bathrooms at our reception were not as beautiful as the rest of the venue (the South Pointe Lawn at the Mauna Kea)—and the next day found them decorated exquisitely with side tables, an array of scented and flameless candles, hand towels and flower petals for miles. There was even someone checking in on and cleaning the bathrooms hourly. The transformation seemed like magic.

6. Sara is a miracle worker. While having dinner at one of hotels on the island, we heard the loveliest music and decided we would love to have that performer at our wedding. Unfortunately, he went off the grid shortly thereafter—but amazingly, five months later (after I had given up all hope), Sara was somehow able to track him down. Her perseverence is an inspiration to us all. And as our guests were seranaded at our welcome drinks, many were moved to comment on how lovely his voice was. Having him perform was definitely a highlight. But I was also confident than any of the other singers Sara provided would have been wonderful, too.

7. Sara keeps her eye on the money. She was definitely more respectful of our budget than we were. And as we started to approach our upper limit, she started proactively proposing ways we could cut back. She advised us on whether pricing was reasonable, where we could save and helped us prioritize (e.g., we ended up using linens from the hotel rather than renting them so we could put money towards a fire dancer performance).

8. Sara is inclusive. We were not sure how it would be received for us to plan a gay wedding, but from the moment Sara sent us her worksheet templates (with “bride and groom” changed to “groom and groom”), we knew she had our back. We felt comfortable with all the vendors she connected us with. And we appreciated the tweaks and accommodations Sara made throughout the planning journey to ensure that everything would feel authentic to us, as we were rewriting some of the more traditional “rules.”

9. Sara was present when it mattered most. She oversaw setup and/or attended all of our events over the four days, ensuring hours ahead of time, that everything would be ready and looked right. For the smaller events, she left after she saw the event was off to a successful start. For the bigger events, she was ever-present, ensuring all the right things happened at all the right times. And she was never more than a text message away.

10. Sara is addictive. Now that the wedding is over, I actually miss getting her emails—which says A LOT, considering that most of the emails were reminders that a decision, an invoice, a shot list, a seating chart, etc. was overdue.

This is all based on what I saw... and I know there was so much work that went on that I didn’t actually see (which is probably why I was actually able to enjoy my wedding!). I am not sure I’ll ever be able to thank her for giving us a wedding that surpasses our dreams (my own mother used the word “perfect”—for the first time in my life—to describe the festivities).

I cannot recommend Sara highly enough. If you want a beautiful wedding, a wedding that reflects YOU and one you truly get to enjoy (because someone else has proactively thought through all the details and logistics), then Sara is the wedding planner for you. I am already thinking of how to plan a vow renewal ceremony just to work with her again. Mahalo x1000, Sara!

Sent on 11/07/2018

Jots of Thoughts Weddings & Events Inc. FAQ

• What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination? $ 700.00
  • What is the starting price for full wedding planning? $ 2,000.00
  • Do you offer an hourly rate? No
  • What wedding planning services do you offer? Budget Analysis, Day-of Coordination, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists
  • How many planners are on your team? 2

Real Weddings

• Papa Kona Events
    Papa Kona Events Banquet Halls

Sara is the most organized and dedicated planner, and it shows in her work. Every single wedding she plans is flawless, and you can tell that she really cares about all of her clients. She has a great eye for design, and is also able to really tap in to what each couple wants for their wedding. I know because I asked her to plan mine!

• Bikini Birdie Photography
    Bikini Birdie Photography Wedding Photographers

Sara is a great coordinator. She is a lovely person and super professional, organized, and has lots of attention to detail..

• Chelsea Abril Photography
    Chelsea Abril Photography Wedding Photographers

The team at Jots of Thoughts Weddings & Events is thoughtful, kind, prepared, and detail oriented - all while being the sweetest, most genuine girls who care about your day and take pride in making sure that it is unique to you. I have worked with them on several occasions and every wedding has been stunning, with the timelines thoughtfully taken care of and everyone kept on track with time without feeling rushed. I always look forward to every chance I get to work with them and absolutely love being a part of their vendor team. If you are looking for a personal, friendly, incredibly talented and professional team to take the stress out of wedding planning for you - Jots of Thoughts is an absolute must.

• PO Box 383315, (Big Island - Hawaii) Waikoloa, 96738 See on map