Davids Bridal

Davids Bridal

Favorite
Grand Rapids, MI
Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

3.6
3.6
Value
Flexibility
3.4

I had a fantastic time finding my wedding dress and my consultant was super awesome!!

Quick1dm
Recently Married

My Consultant was amazing. My MOH and I had one of the last appointments for the day, I tried on about 5 different dresses and nothing. She came over and said that I had time for one more, was there something that I was looking for. I showed her a picture and it was available online only but I asked if there was something similar. She said one moment, and within 2 minutes she had MY Dress in hand. I tried it on and it was THE ONE! It was amazing!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Fun atmosphere! Very friendly staff!

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I'm very happy with this vendor. They had the best variety of any dress shop I went to and they had very competitive prices. I liked the fact that I could look through the dresses and browse. I needed a dress off the rack due to the length of time between buying the dress and the wedding and they had a great selection for good prices. I also bought both flower girl dresses from them, too. I got a nice packet from them with lots of other information that was useful for planning a wedding.

2.8

I was disappointed with our shopping experience, when we went in nobody greeted us, we were pretty much left on our own. I don't remember any of the staff offering to assist us. Then once we ordered our dresses they wrote the wrong number for myself and my maid of honor, it was not the experience that i was expecting

1.8

Did not care for quality and service if you didn't have a appointment then not one person in the store acknowledged you and offered any help. My wedding dress was not bad priced but was quoted about 150 for alterations and ended up paying 330 which is insane. Staff always looked like they were confused had to bring bridesmaid back in since they lost everyone's sizes the 1st time. And ordered my dress in wrong size as well.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

My dress is beautiful.... they did some custom work on it and it turned out exactly how I imagined. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is the cost of alterations. I paid more for my alterations than I did for my dress and I didn't really have that many alterations done. Kind of disappointing in that respect.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

This is a chain company, but if you want variety in bridesmaid dresses and availability it multiple states, this is a great option. The dress for my bridesmaids I love that I pick out here. Orders are quick to arrive and I'm very satisfied with their responsiveness.

4.3

They have a great selection of bridal gowns. Customer Service was great as long as you had an appointment.

3.3

I chose a dress I absolutely love, and my minor alterations were wonderful. However, I had discussed and thought my dress was ordered in ivory. It came in white, and I wasn't able to change the order, as I had evidently approved the dress in white. It was a disappointment, but it was early in my planning, so I hadn't bought anything that didn't work and could change to base things off a white dress.

0.5

I don't know if I can even explain all the problems we have had and are still having with Davids Bridal. I would tell anyone considering doing business with DB to run quickly the other direction. The first day my family & I went to DB in Idaho Falls for my daughter to try on dresses all the sales people were pleasant and helpful. They eagerly handed over an application for credit at their store. Once my daughter was approved for credit she found a dress she liked and dresses for the rest of the wedding party. Over the next week or two problems began such as multiple sales people giving different answers to questions about billing, alteration prices, returns. Over the phone we were told the wedding dress could be returned even with the tags removed or the dress could be returned in exchange for other merchandise at their store. When we tried returning the dress we were told none of their employees would have said that & that we had never called. It was very insulting being told we were lying. After that I asked why we couldn't return it for a refund but we could return it for other merchandise. Again the manager told me none of her employees would have said that. I then learned to always ask the name of who we were speaking to. The next 2 to 3 weeks were ridiculous dealing with DB. Time after time we were told something & then the next worker would say that's not their policy. I began trying to speak with district managers & so on. We would be told they would call us back but no one ever did. It seemed after that first day at the store when they had sold us over 2,000 in merchandise they were no longer pleasant. They would say whatever would quickly get us off the phone always promising to have this person or that person call us back. Of course no one ever called us back. The alteration charges were more than they had said. It has been a nightmare dealing with DB.

1+ year ago

I found my perfect wedding dress at David's Bridal! My bridesmaids also wore different styles of short dresses in the rosewood color and looked stunning. My dress was only $450 and I was able to alter it (with a different company) to get exactly what I wanted! I would not recommend altering your dress at David's Bridal only because you can get it done elsewhere for much cheaper and I'm sure it will turn out perfect like mine did. You just have to find someone/somewhere with great reviews and that you can trust.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

Overall my experience was absolutely wonderful. I was able to find my dream dress and amazing dresses for my girls! I did find that they were a bit pushy at times, as they do work on commission. However the consultant that helped me, Marissa, was absolutely wonderful once she figured out I had specific ideas in mind! I got a great dress for an absolutely great price, as it was on sale!

XoDanSarXo
08/03/2013
2.0

I have given all 5's to all of my vendors thus far...I did end up finding the dress of my dreams here...but it took about 4 months of anxiety until it was all over. I felt more like cattle being herded than a special bride who was the focus of attention. There were children running around next to me and I could barely get a full view mirror. Most importantly I want to note my other personal experience. It was very difficult and made for a stressful start to my wedding planning. I went through so many problems with DB, I thought I picked my dream dress and was going to be able to check it off the list of to-do's. But right away, there were issues, there were holes in the chiffon and so DB said they could clean it and repair it to like new and discount it. During my wait for the repairs the price of the dress dropped, I had to call and have it adjusted, no more than two weeks later it dropped again online. I had to call again. Then when I came to pick up my dress I found that the repairs that were supposed to be performed never were. There were still holes and rips in the chiffon. I had to then return again for a "new" dress, unfortunately that dress was still in less than new condition and had hairs, lint and threads woven throughout the layers underneath and even a tear in the bottom most layer. It just reeked like cleaner. In the end I settled for that dress that was still not brand new as time was running out and was told if I didn't want that one I could pick a different one. I asked to have the dress cleaned out before I picked it up from the bustle alteration. In the end I was still asked to pay for a garment bag after all of the trips I had made to the store and felt that was very insulting. I was never compensated for all of my troubles and felt very disappointed in the whole experience. In all honesty this was the worst experience about becoming a bride and I had always hoped it would be the best.

Services Used: Dress & Attire

I got the dress of my dreams and they made it fit perfectly after a couple trys I am very small lol the staff were very attentive if you had an appointment the only thing that I was concerned with was the shoes I had dyed I needed to send back a couple times because of water spots on them but they did it again and they looked good but when the girls wore the shoes the dye bleed all over there feet and they get ruined if they get wet

T&E
06/15/2013

We did not order through the shop but rather online. Loved our invites; they came quickly with no errors on them.