The Barn at Timber Creek Reviews

25 | Farmville, VA

25 Reviews for The Barn at Timber Creek

• Kelley

Kelley M. · Married on 12/05/2020

Absolutely perfect, helpful,flexible, kind, professional

Whitney.... where to start.. she made the whole experience perfect ( even during a world pandemic Covid) all aspects were smooth and the kindness and caring for us was above and beyond... the venue is spectacular

Sent on 03/25/2021

Kaitlyn · Married on 10/31/2020

Beyond Beautiful

The Barn at Timber Creek is what dreams are made of! The moment we toured the venue I fell in love, the fire place is beautiful and the rest of the barn is perfect and oozes love from the seams. The team is also amazing, with every step, e-mail, phone call, panic and crazy question, they were there with an answer and wisdom to help you!

Sent on 11/20/2020
  • Katie

Katie H. · Married on 05/18/2020

The Barn at Timber Creek

A little over a year ago I began my search for a place to get married. I found pictures of The Barn at Timber Creek and instantly fell in love. After meeting Whitney and getting to see the venue in person I knew this was the place I needed to get married. It was everything I could have wanted and more. Our date was set for June 13th, 2020 and as the time got closer covid 19 hit. I was stressed, devastated, and discouraged. The owner Whitney was optimistic and supportive of every plan I came up with in order to make sure I was still able to be married June 13th. She contacted me several times a month to check on me and see what I was thinking or how she could help. We were blessed to be able to have a small wedding and reception with family at the venue on June 13th, 2020. Whitney was by my side the entire time , just there as extra hands to make sure my day was a perfect and stress free as possible. Our wedding day was more than I could have ever imagined. We already have our date saved next year for a 1 year celebration June 13th, 2021 with all of the friends and family we didn’t get to celebrate our marriage with.

If you are considering this venue just know that it is beautiful and will create the most gorgeous backdrop for your photos. Most importantly you are getting the best customer service because Whitney truly cares and treats all of her brides with the most respect and care. We can’t wait for next years celebration!

Sent on 07/29/2020
  • Mackenzie

Mackenzie S. · Married on 02/12/2020

A dream come true!

The Barn at Timber Creek was the first and only venue that my husband and I looked at...the minute we walked on the property, we knew it was the one for us. Before beginning the process, I knew that I wanted an option for an outside or inside ceremony location and Timber Creek fulfilled my vision and dream.

The process from choosing the venue, to working out details, decorations and planning was smooth, exciting and enjoyable because of Whitney; the owner/coordinator. She was there for us throughout the entire process for support, questions and help in anyway. Our wedding day was absolutely flawless and Whitney was a major part in making our day beautiful and truly a dream come true. She is very easy to work with, the venue was stunning and I could not have asked for a better place to marry the love of my life. I could go on and on about the venue, Whitney and her team! I highly recommend The Barn at Timber Creek, you will NOT be disappointed!

• Holly

Holly R. · Married on 11/23/2019

I LOVE The Barn at Timber Creek!

The Barn at Timber Creek is elegant and naturally beautiful! As we drove up to The Barn I knew there was nowhere else I would rather get married.

Whitney and Robert did an amazing job building this for their special day and we are grateful that they continue to share the venue with others. Whitney and her team are amazing. Whitney made the entire process feel like I was working with my best friend and had my best interest at heart to ensure everything was perfect. When I walked in The Barn before guests started to arrive, I was blown away by seeing my vision come to life.

We originally planned to have our wedding outside however mother nature had other plans with rain. I was never worried or upset because the inside of The Barn is just as beautiful as the outside. Whitney even ensured we were still able to get the special shots I wanted under the string lights and our sparkler exit. We even had several guests tell us how they love the large windows that let in the natural light and show off the gorgeous trees in the background. From the glamorous bridal cottage to the stone fireplace, I could honestly go on for hours. I LOVE everything about The Barn at Timber Creek

Sent on 02/22/2020

Leah · Married on 11/16/2019

Such a fun and easy planning process and a beautiful wedding!

I honestly cannot say enough good things about The Barn at Timber Creek nor Whitney. The venue is easily accessible and so beautiful during every season-even when it's raining and gloomy! Whitney was beyond great during the whole process. My now husband and I went to visit the venue ourselves first then brought our parents, then came back again ourselves (and again.) I was full of questions the entire planning process and Whitney was always super helpful and responsive. When it came to the day of, she detailed the entire day and coordinated with my vendors which was a huge relief. They helped me set up, ran the rehearsal, and ran around for us all wedding day. They even had a drink ready for us after the ceremony! I would recommend this venue to anyone that's looking for a personalized wedding day, an easy planning process and a beautiful wedding!

Sent on 01/22/2020
  • Courtney

Courtney J. · Married on 10/26/2019

Amazingly Wonderful

This venue was the BEST decision I could've made in the wedding planning process. The staff went above and beyond to ensure my wedding day was picture perfect. Whitney sat with me on multiple occasions to hash out the fine details, answered any and all questions through texts/phone calls, and did whatever she could to give me what I asked for. The day of the wedding was STRESS FREE and executed far better than I could have ever imagined. Whitney, her husband and her staff were there from the moment I arrived on Friday, until I left on Sunday. They sat up everything and the personal details that went outside were exactly as I asked the day of. Even during the wedding, they checked on my husband and I throughout the night, making sure we were happy and didn't need anything. To put simply, this is the BEST venue, with the most AMAZING staff, and will give you a wedding far better than your wildest dreams!!!!

P.S. The bridal suite is new and fantastic! And the string lights at night time.....speechless.

• Sarah

Sarah W. · Married on 10/20/2019

The BEST experience I could have ever imagined!

The Barn at Timber Creek was by far the easiest decision of our whole wedding planning process! Whitney was amazing from the moment we met! Her love for what she does shines through every step leading up to and after your big day! The barn, is absolutely breathtaking! You can feel the love that was poured into every beam of it! ♥️ We couldn’t have had a better day! And I’m so thankful for the friendship that we have made because of it!

Sent on 08/25/2020

Caitlin · Married on 10/19/2019

Wedding on Oct 19

I cannot explain how amazing this venue is. Whitney, the barn owner, is AMAZING. Hands down the best to work with. I wish I could relive our day everyday. The venue is beautiful, and there are several locations to have your ceremony. The barn for the reception is PERFECT. Our day was everything I thought it would be because of the help from Whitney.

Sent on 11/03/2019

Jessie D. · Married on 10/08/2019

Amazing - Wedding Dream Venue

The Barn at Timber Creek was nothing short of AMAZING and WONDERFUL for our wedding venue. Whitney and Robert (owners) were so easy to work with in every step of the planning. Being the overly crazy planning Bride, Whitney answered countless questions in a quick turnaround and allowed for numerous visits to ease my nerves surrounding the big day. On the day of our wedding, Whitney and her team were FLAWLESS. The entire wedding day (and rehearsal day) ran SO smoothly and Whitney's team took over every need and last minute detail to be completed so I never needed to worry. I highly recommend The Barn at Timber Creek for your wedding -- or any other special event. You won't regret it!

If barn weddings aren't your style -- check out their second venue: Northfield Plantation in Cumberland, VA

Val S. · Married on 06/23/2019

Val-mother of the groom

There aren’t enough words to describe this venue, the setting, and the owner, Whitney. Her calm, easy-going manner put us all at ease throughout the entire process. Whitney made us feel like family and was so accommodating. This venue was spectacular in every way. I would recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha R. · Married on 06/14/2019

Personal and Professional

Our experience at The Barn couldn't have been better! Whitney made sure that all of the details were covered! She was professional but personal and interested in us and our story. On the day of our wedding, I didn't have a personal attendant, which I don't recommend doing, but Whitney stepped in, made sure I was comfortable, and that I had everything I needed. Everyone said that our wedding was beautiful and memorable. We were blessed by being able to have our wedding at The Barn!

Sent on 08/02/2019

Kelsey · Married on 05/04/2019

Best venue- ever!

The Barn at Timber Creek was by far the best decision of our wedding. Whitney and her family is the BEST to work with- she is so helpful, knowledgeable and made sure our wedding day was perfect. Not to mention the barn is absolutely beautiful! Please, please have your wedding at The Barn at Timber Creek- you will not regret it!

Sent on 07/31/2019
  • W

Wittney W. · Married on 02/23/2019

Winter wedding ♥️

This is the most amazing, beautiful barn! It has so much natural beauty and all the amenities of a hotel vendor. We knew we wanted to be married in a barn but most of the venues didn’t have heat or central ac. It was so much for the price we just couldn’t say no! Plus the owner was hands on and made the entire day stressfree. It was truly a perfect experience!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Nicole T. · Married on 10/20/2018

Get married here!

Wow, what an amazing place. I adore everything about the Barn. The venue is stunning and a work of art. Whitney is an absolute blessing to work with. She made things stress free and helped plan so much. I would host every event for the rest of my life there. It was an absolute dream. I used the list of vendors she gave me and that was a huge help. The barn is stunning, and our outdoor ceremony in the trees was a fairytale. It's affordable and has everything youd need!

Sent on 01/21/2020

Amanda · Married on 10/07/2017

The Barn is an absolutely breathtaking venue. The owners are so genuine and thoughtful and as a bride I truly had an amazing wedding day. The views are spectacular from any angle and we are still hearing from our guests how much they enjoyed the bonfire and the rocking chairs on the porch. Everyone agreed that the venue fit us as a couple perfectly. Having so many decorations already helped our wedding budget tremendously and Whitney kept in touch throughout the planning process and aways offered to help in anyway she could. I hope I get to come back to the Barn soon for another wedding and experience the other side of wedding festivities there!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Laura · Married on 09/01/2017

My daughter was just married at The Barn at Timber Creek, and afterwards she described it as a "storybook wedding." She had planned an outdoor wedding and reception inside the barn; however, rain caused us to change our plans the day of the rehearsal. Whitney and the wedding planners (Game Day Weddings) quickly adapted and made the necessary adjustments for an indoor ceremony followed by a buffet dinner reception with dancing. Everything went smoothly, and the fireside ceremony added to the ambiance of the evening. It is evident that Whitney and her team support the dreams of young couples, and they work diligently to make sure all of the details are covered. Whitney even helped search for an officiant when Kimberly of Dream a Little Dream Weddings failed to make it to the rehearsal, and luckily Teresa and Cynthia of Game Day Weddings were able to locate a replacement minister in time for the ceremony. I highly recommend The Barn at Timber Creek, not only for the pristine and unique venue, but because they do everything possible to make your special day magical!!!

Sent on 09/06/2017

Kari · Married on 05/27/2017

This venue was amazing and Whitney was always willing to accommodate for us!! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone!

Sent on 06/14/2017

Kelsi · Married on 05/20/2017

The Barn at Timber creek was everything I had hoped it would be for my wedding day! Whitney and her husband were seriously such a joy to work with and they are some of the nicest people we have ever come across! Seriously if you're looking for a rustic beautiful, and of course helpful owners that make the wedding processes easy you've found the venue! Love love love love! Couldn't say enough about them!

Sent on 06/13/2017

Autumn · Married on 04/22/2017

The barn is a beautiful location to get married. The barn is perfect for large weddings and great for receptions. Commercial kitchen is great help for caterers. Bathrooms are great and clean for a rented facility.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Ashley · Married on 01/08/2017

I have been lucky enough to attend a few events at The Barn at Timber Creek. The venue itself it absolutely breath taking and the owners are so kind and accommodating. If my husband and I ever do a vow renewal, we won't consider any other place. It's the perfect venue.

Sent on 01/09/2017
  • Ken & Tonya's Wedding

Tonya · Married on 10/29/2016

The Barn @ Timbercreek is such a remarkable venue. It is quaint, rustic and elegant all in one. I was fortunate enough to have my wedding there this past October. Whitney is amazing to work with and thanks to other brides as well as myself she has a lot of decorations there to work with. Although the place is so stunning you won't need much. I promise you once you view the place you'll be hooked. It will always hold a special place in my heart not only because I married my best friend there but, I also gained a friend in Whitney and Robert.

Sent on 03/08/2017

Randi · Married on 10/10/2015

I attended a wedding here and it was absolutely beautiful inside & out! Close attention was paid to every detail and it couldn't have been more perfect.

Sent on 01/09/2017

Susan · Married on 10/10/2015

If you're looking for a beautiful, country setting, this is your venue! This barn is gorgeous and it has so many wonderful amenities.

Sent on 01/11/2017

Chelsie · Married on 05/08/2010

The Barn at Timber Creek is an amazing venue - it has stunning views, an immaculately designed interior and exterior, and is run by a couple of the kindest, and most professional people you will meet. Their mission is to make sure that your special day is the one that you have dreamed of, one that you will forever remember and one that your guests will never forget. I fell in love with everything about this venue on my first visit, and anyone else planning their dream wedding will, too!

Sent on 03/18/2017