Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

21 Reviews for Silverbrook Farm

Uncovered Outdoor (1)
Altar/Arches (1)
Decor (1)
Furniture (1)

My husband and I married at Silverbrook Farm 9.8.18. Our wedding was absolutely perfect. Dot (the owner/operator) IS Silverbrook. She is warm, beautiful, so accommodating. Dot told my then fiancé and I that it was important to her that we felt like we were getting married at home, and that totally resonated with us. For what you pay, the value is unparalleled compared to other venues we toured in the area. You get access to the house, barn, and outbuildings for the full week of your wedding. One wedding a week means the venue is able to be completely perfect for you and devoted to your needs. You and your friends/family can come and go as you please to set up for your big day. We also used Silverbrook for our rehearsal dinner location at no extra charge. Dot has sheds full of wedding decorations, silverware, dish-ware, and antique items completely available to create the wedding of your dreams. We stayed at Silverbrook on our wedding night, which was also included. Dot is available, willing and able to make your wedding exactly as you imagine it, and the beauty of Silverbrook is intoxicating. My guests can't get over the great time that was had by all and my husband and I had our dream wedding. We can't wait to visit Silverbrook in the future and relive our perfect day!!

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/8/18, 10 Reviews
Services Used: China, Parking, Accommodations, Bridal Suite

When my husband and I started wedding planning, we had very little certainty about what we wanted. I wanted a spring wedding and he wanted a barn reception - beyond that, no idea. We toured Silverbrook (given that it had a barn) and knew immediately that it was the right place for us to get married. It's a gorgeous venue close to where I grew up, but the deciding factor was Dot, the owner. I believe she was put on this earth to ensure that couples have perfect wedding days. From the very beginning she encouraged us to stop by for visits with our friends and family, so that everyone would feel at home at Silverbrook by the day of the wedding. You will truly be in good hands with Dot and she will make sure that you are not plagued by last minute details. Here's a story to highlight how wonderful she is: We held our rehearsal dinner on the porch of Silverbrook - a casual affair for about 35 people. I had envisioned a Southern vibe with farm tables, greenery, and hurricane lamps. When the greenery that I ordered didn't arrive in time, she allowed us to clip greens and flowers from her property to decorate the tables with. It turned out ever more beautiful than I hoped and my stress melted away! Your guests will love Silverbrook and you will love Dot, I promise!

Profile Picture Emily, 6/9/18, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Wheelchair Access, China

Silverbrook Farm was the absolute perfect venue for our small, intimate wedding of 25 guests. The home and yards are stunning alone, however, Dot is the cherry on top!

Dot went above and beyond helping us plan the flow of the wedding day and our ceremony details (Dot was our officiant - highly recommend using her service). She made everything so easy by allowing us to use all decor and tableware she had in her storage shed. This was a huge relief not having to worry about rentals, etc. Dot allows you to set up/breakdown the week of your event, this is a huge bonus that is not offered at many (or any!) other venue I've heard of!

The breakfast the morning after our wedding was delicious and peaceful as well. Staying at Silverbrook feels like you're at home. Thanks to Dot for making us feel like family and the wedding planning process run seamlessly!

It was everything we were looking for (plus some)! I cannot recommend Silverbrook Farm and Dot enough!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/28/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Parking, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, China
0.9

I got married here 9/9/2017. Where do I start. The price we were told upon signing included a nights stay, which we never received, and then the night of our wedding I was told I would have to pay an additional 359 for my mother to stay in a room that we thought was included after paying 7400 dollars. My mother just had heart surgery four months prior and was not able to walk without assistance, she made it though my wedding by shear determination at the end of the night she could barley stay awake. They did not help manage our vendors, not all our guests ate due to a mix up between the silverbrook staff and the caterer, they locked my guests in the barn before our bridal party entrance without my permission, they lost the photo booth camera, they drank our food and wine without permission, the owner has a boyfriend the lurks around your reception and you can see him staring at people in all the photos, never smiles, is not friendly. They follow you around and monitor your every move. They started my ceremony before my videographer arrived, I did not realize this till after the fact. The owner tried to argue with me about where to park my car, the barn was dirty the morning of our wedding we had to sweep and the bathroom trailer was still dirty till four hours before my wedding which interfered with our setting up, they forgot our wedding favors. The farm is beautiful but buyer beware.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture cecelia, 9/23/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Parking

In writing my glowing reviews for all of my vendors, I saved Silverbrook Farm for last because I honestly don't know where to start! It was the most perfect venue that I can possibly imagine for my wedding. The house, barn, and gardens are absolutely beautiful and the views are stunning- I haven't gotten my pictures yet, but I know that they are going to be amazing given the tremendous beauty of the place. It is so clearly a labor of love.

What made my experience with Silverbrook Farm so outstanding, though, was truly the opportunity to work with Dot, the owner, and Lynn, my day-of coordinator. Throughout the entire planning process, both Dot and Lynn were responsive, professional, and coordinated perfectly with my other vendors (most of whom came recommended by Dot). As I was planning my wedding from out-of-town, this was so important to me- I never felt like I needed to worry about a thing. Dot and her team know how to plan a wedding, and they were so gracious in sharing their expertise with me and my parents. Dot also has an amazing collection of decor- everything from vases to bird cages to furniture- so I had to purchase very little for my wedding.

Beyond her expertise, though, Dot was just a joy to work with. From the first email I sent inquiring about open dates, Dot gave my the feeling that she was genuinely excited about my wedding. On the day of my wedding, I felt cared-for and calm, knowing that Dot and Lynn had everything under control. Everything went off without a hitch, and it was just a joy to be able to walk from the reception back to the house for the night. All of our guests raved about the venue and the event, and Dot and Lynn played a huge roll in making it such a perfect and memorable day.

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/23/17, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Parking, Wheelchair Access

I can not put into words the way Dot went above and beyond for our wedding. Her support, knowledge, flexibility and AMAZING home/barn/land was beyond my dreams. Dot herself is the most amazing and calming person I know. Her home, her land, her farm and the decorations have so many amazing pieces that all together it becomes your own little paradise. I could not imagine doing our wedding in another location. From Dot's knowledge and understanding, to her list of amazing vendors to help you, and all the supplies she already has, your wedding week will be smooth and perfect!!

Profile Picture Colleen, 9/2/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: China, Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Indoor, Parking, Wheelchair Access

In hindsight, we can not imagine having had our wedding anywhere but Silverbrook. Dot has an incredible and gorgeous property that was the perfect backdrop for our ceremony and reception, and Lynn and Sherri did an outstanding job as day of coordinators. They are all three extremely nice and very easy and pleasant to work with. Silverbrook would be the perfect choice for a wedding on those strengths alone, but Dot really goes above and beyond to give couples a perfect weekend, including plenty of time to set up and prepare leading to a much less stressful experience. She was generous in allowing us to use items from her extensive collection of wedding decorations, and between that and the beauty of her property, we barely needed to do much decorating on our own. We also held our rehearsal dinner Friday evening at Silverbrook, which was a much more relaxed, comfortable, and enjoyable setting than if we had had to do it a restaurant.

Our experience at Silverbrook could not have been better and led to an amazing wedding weekend. We would heavily, heavily recommend it. Take one visit here and you’ll be immediately at home.

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/17/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I'm not sure there are proper words to describe Silverbrook and Dot (the owner) must be some sort of magical being--she truly does it all and more for her couples.
And the beauty of the grounds is breathtaking. The gardens, the flowers, the interior of the barn and the beautifully decorated b&b, the mountains in the background, everything is perfect and well kept. Our day went perfectly and our day-of coordinator Ann was great. I would recommend Silverbrook a thousand times. Our day was absolutely unforgettable. Thank you Dot and Silverbrook team for the best day ever!

Profile Picture Jessica, 6/3/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Dot Shetterly was amazing! Planning my wedding the other side of the country was difficult and Dot made the big stuff less of a headache! Her professionalism and communication with the vendors and my now husband and I made the wedding planning process painless! On top of Dot being amazing, her property was absolutely gorgeous! My Husband and I did not want a modernized barn, we wanted the old rustic charm of an original barn. Silverbrook Farm is that and so much more! the grounds were breathtaking and the areas for photos was perfect! If you want rolling hills, greenery, rustic charm, and a quiet countryside Silverbrook Farm is the perfect place! I would highly recommend Dot and Silverbrook Farm!!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 4/29/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We LOVE silverbrook farm, and we LOVE Dot Shetterly who is the owner. Our wedding was amazing. We had access to the farm the whole week prior which was invaluable for us with busy schedules/lots to do it took all of the stress away. When our family arrived we were able to enjoy time with them and relax rather than stress out about setting up. Dot has amazing style with so many unique places to photograph. Our guests loved exploring the farm (the chess garden, the smokehouse, the outdoor bathtub. It is all just so unique) if you are looking for a rustic farm wedding this is the place. Dot has become a friend and silverbrook will always have a special place in our hearts.

Profile Picture Candace, 9/3/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

When my daughter became engaged, we knew that the only place to have her wedding would be at Silverbrook Farm. We have known Dot for a long while, she provided a steer to my son to show in 4H and is a sweet and wonderful person! Silverbrook is one of the most beautiful farms in Loudoun County. Dot made sure that we were welcomed and we felt right at home for the entire wedding weekend. She made sure everything went smoothly, helping with the planning and listening to our wishes and kept us on track. Dot provided a fantastic wedding breakfast for the bride and bridemaids. The reception was held in the barn, which is quite beautiful in a rustic yet elegant way. I highly recommend Silverbrook and Dot as a wedding venue and a Bed and Breakfast.

Profile Picture Marilyn, 6/18/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: China, Parking, Wheelchair Access, Accommodations, Bridal Suite

We happened to find Silverbrook Farm when we were out looking at other venues. We instantly fell in love with this magical location. We loved all the little details in all the areas of the venue. Originally we booked Silverbrook, because we loved the outside venue for the ceremony and cocktail hour. Unfortunately, (or fortunately) we ended up having a 100% of rain on our wedding date, and that percentage was not budging. All along we wanted a small intimate wedding, which is very difficult to pull of when we have two very large families. Because of the rain we were able to have that intimate wedding. Although we didn't have the beautiful scenery or that outdoor party we originally envisioned, we had something better. We were able to be literally surrounded by our family and closest friends in a barn ceremony. With the flexibility of our vendors, and Dot's personal touch to our ceremony, everything was perfect. Dot was super flexible with accommodating our request of having the cocktail hour in the main house, instead of the barn, even though that typically is not what is done for the rain plan. She gave great recommendations to help with the transportation of guests between the two locations, and was super helpful. Everybody commented on what a unique and beautiful venue it was. We are so grateful for Dot and her caring personality, and couldn't imagine our wedding day without her and her lovely home! We can't wait to go back!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Daisy, 5/21/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant
Services Used: China, Parking, Accommodations, Bridal Suite

My husband and I spent several months looking at barn venues in MD/DC/VA and Massachusetts for our wedding -- we saved Silverbrook for the last visit and fell in love immediately!

Silverbrook is one of the most spectacular and special places I have ever been to. The natural beauty of the land surrounding the outdoor ceremony site, home, and barn is breathtaking. The barn blends rustic charm and elegance. If you are lucky enough to spend a night at the B&B -- the breakfast is also fabulous!

However it's not just the beauty of the land and barn that makes Silverbrook such a wonderful place to hold a wedding -- the owner truly makes you feel that Silverbrook is your home during the time you spend there. She helps to support the couple and their family in whatever ways she can. She is also incredibly knowledgeable about nearby B+B's and vendors that she has worked with in the past.

Our wedding weekend exceeded all that we had even imagined.... Silverbrook is a truly magical place for a wedding or any celebration.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 10/10/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Officiant
Services Used: Accommodations, Bridal Suite, Uncovered Outdoor, Altar/Arches, Decor, Furniture, Parking

In October 2015, my husband and I held our rehearsal dinner and wedding and at Silverbrook Farm. Silverbrook is a magical place and we’re so happy we picked it. The beauty of the venue speaks for itself – luscious gardens and a historical home surrounded by the mountains. However, the best part of Silverbrook is the people who work there. The owner, Dottie, is an absolute gem who truly cares about you as a couple and takes time to understand what you want out of your wedding day and does everything she can to make it happen. She also has a spectacular staff who echoes the same values and work incredibly hard to make the day go smoothly with no stress on you!

Our intent was to use the natural beauty of the grounds and rustic barn without dressing it up all that much, making setup easier and requiring very little in the way of floral arrangements and other decorations and it worked perfectly. Additionally, Dottie provided many of the little things that are just as critical to making the day work – if there is something you need or are thinking about getting, ask her first! She likely has something that will meet your needs.

If you’re considering Silverbrook Farm for your wedding venue, it’s worth every penny: incredible service, gorgeous venue, a truly special place. It’s also all yours that weekend and for the days leading up to it, so you are not sharing it with other wedding parties, which was important to us. My husband and I could not have asked for a better wedding, and highly recommend that you consider Silverbrook Farm for yours!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/3/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Bridal Suite

My husband and I instantly fell in love with this venue for our wedding! Even in the dead of winter, we could envision how beautiful our fall wedding would be at Silverbrook. The sweeping views of the hillside were inspiring, and all the creative gardens added a lot of charm. It was an ideal location for our ceremony and cocktail hour. The barn had its own rustic charm and was perfect for our reception.

The picturesque location is only half of what Silverbrook has to offer. The owner, Dot, was always so warm and welcoming. She wanted to make sure we felt at home at the farm for the entire "wedding weekend" and made sure we had everything we needed. Dot knows how to make the wedding a meaningful and special time for everyone, especially the newlyweds!

Profile Picture Maren, 9/26/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Parking, Accommodations, Bridal Suite

My husband and I had our wedding at Silverbrook Farm in May it was so beautiful. The farm is gorgeous and Dot is absolutely wonderful. She was so helpful, hospitable, and made sure everything ran smoothly. Everything turned out perfect I wish we could relive the day. I know anyone who picks Silverbrook for their wedding venue will be overjoyed with how their wedding turns out!

Profile Picture Melissa, 5/23/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The best decision I made (other than to marry my husband!) was to have the ceremony and reception at Silverbrook Farm. The farm's owner, Dot, is amazing to work with. She really knows her stuff, and can put the most anxious bride or groom at ease. It is obvious that she has a passion for what she does. We even asked her to do our ceremony, and she did a wonderful job! The value is unparalleled for what you get and the services Dot provides. The ceremony site is gorgeous, guests loved the porch, and the barn looks like something out of a Ralph Lauren ad with its antiques and upscale rustic charm. We have such fond memories of Silverbrook and Dot, and look forward to returning to stay at the bed and breakfast.

Profile Picture User2455403, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I was initially very hesitant to visit Silverbrook Farm because of its distance from Washington, DC. My now husband and I visited many different venues without success and finally decided to make the drive out to Purcellville, VA. It sounds cheesy, but it was love at first sight. Silverbrook Farm is definitely worth the drive. Many of my guests wondered where in the world I was taking them for my wedding, but they all understood as soon as they pulled up the hill and looked out to see the gorgeous property with the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in the backdrop. The main house has so much history and is impeccably decorated in antiques. My parents raved about it to my relatives and took them on tours though the house. Last but not least, Dot, the owner of Silverbrook Farm is wonderful to work with. She is very responsive, easy to work with and generally the sweetest person in the world. I look forward to going back to Silverbrook Farm for my anniversary!

Profile Picture User3735839, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Having our wedding at Silverbrook Farm was the best decision we made (outside of the decision to get married

Profile Picture Lindsey, 5/25/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a fantastic experience with Dot Shetterly (the owner) with our wedding at Silverbrook Farm. From the planning process to the execution of the wedding day itself, Dot provided expert guidance and even recommended local vendors for other services. The venue is naturally beautiful, filled with lots of history and character. I honestly felt like we had to do very little decorating--the ceremony was outdoors, and the mountains and greenery provided such a beautiful natural backdrop. We held the reception in the barn, and it truly made the day all the more memorable. Dot worked with us on planning all of the elements from beginning to end, checking in from time to time to ensure that we were on track with our planning and being respectful of all of our wishes. She even officiated the ceremony for us and did an absolutely beautiful job. My husband and I also stayed at Silverbrook on our wedding night--as did two of our very dear friends--and it was lovely. I highly recommend this venue, both as a Bed and Breakfast and a wedding venue!

Profile Picture Cori, 5/11/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I feel so lucky to have stumbled upon Silverbrook Farm! We were referred there by a friend, visited one beautiful hot summer day, and immediately fell in love. The charm of the property is so perfect for a wedding, the house is truly beautiful, the scenery and backdrop is picture-perfect, and the barn is so picturesque... and tying everything up in a beautiful bow is the amazing service and warmth of Dot Shetterly. Dot was such a special part of my wedding day - she is such a loving person, and her positivity is contagious.

Silverbrook is a small farm in Loudoun County, with sprawling hills, beautiful gardens, and a breathtaking view of the Blueridge mountains. We used the house for day-of preparation, which has an ideal set-up for bride & groom suites. Getting ready photos are amazing, thanks to the timeless and beautiful decor of the home. The ceremony was in the front yard of the home, overlooking the mountains. The reception was just down the driveway in the restored hay barn. The barn isn't like some you'll see, with new floors, fancy lights everywhere, etc. - it's truly a barn, with beautiful touches of rustic elegance like a chandelier and beautiful string lights hanging throughout. This is exactly the look we were aiming for, so we were thrilled! The barn can fit 125 guests for dinner & dancing.

When you do a wedding with Silverbrook, Dot makes the entire property open to you for the whole wedding weekend. We spent all Friday setting up, were there to get ready early on Saturday, and finished with cleanup and breakfast on Sunday (Silverbrook is actually a B&B, so Dot prepared a wonderful breakfast for my husband and I on Sunday morning). She and her family are so flexible and helpful! Words can't quite capture how SPECIAL and lovely Silverbrook is - you have to visit, meet Dot, and experience for yourself.

Silverbrook will forever be a very special place for my husband and I, and we can't wait to return there with our children in the future!

Profile Picture Briana, 4/21/12, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Unique Services (Other)