20-200
Guest Capacity
Indoor/Outdoor
Venue Setting

About Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn

Make your wedding a historic event at Briar Patch.

Make your wedding a historic event at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn, a historic property (circa 1805) with majestic mountain views in Middleburg – the heart of Virginia horse and wine country. With our 47 rolling acres, beautiful grounds, historic lodging, great mountain views, & event building for up to 200 guests, we are an ideal venue for your wedding.  Conveniently located on Route 50, Briar Patch is just 20 minutes from Dulles Airport and about an hour from Washington, DC.

Hold your rehearsal dinner around our large pool.

Have your ceremony overlooking the Bull Run Mountains or under a 200 year old tree.

Celebrate with a reception in our indoor facility – The Fox Den at Briar Patch – for up to 200 guests using any licensed caterer you choose.

Have your guests stay in one of our 8 antique-decorated rooms in the 200 year old main house or in our cozy one-bedroom cottage.

Your guests will enjoy the area attractions including hiking, biking, horseback riding, tennis, golf, scenic drives, visiting wineries, antiquing, and eating in the area's fine restaurants.

Briar Patch is perfect for small intimate weddings to large events for up to 200.  Your wedding at Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn will provide you and your guests the opportunity to spend quality time together. Our outstanding accommodations, breathtaking country setting, and exceptional service are what set us apart from other wedding and reception sites.

“When you enter our world, you leave the stress behind.”

Click Here to View Beautiful Photographs of Our Weddings

Bridal Suite (2)
Pet Friendly (2)
Wireless Internet (2)
Outside Vendors (1)

I used Briar Patch for my October 21, 2017 wedding. Looking at wedding venues can be a discouraging task. Many places have really strict rules such as where you could have the wedding, times you’re allowed to use it, and even which vendors you could use. It was daunting trying to juggle which restrictions or accommodations you were or were not okay with. From the moment I arrived at Briar Patch and met the staff, I was blown away by how friendly and accommodating they were to my needs. The owner Ellen is 100% welcoming to her brides and supporting their dream weddings. They have a fantastic wedding package that includes not only housing in their main house but also the venue rental property itself for 3 days, 2 nights. While the sticker price may shock you at first, you balance it out with the fact that you can house much of your bridal party (or other guests), have a ample time to set-up/breakdown decorations, full use of their facilities such as extensive grounds, pool, and hot-tub, and fully furnished house and fully stocked kitchen. The staff is incredibly sweet and attentive, and you are not nitpicked or charged for every add on or request you want. This alone…the feeling of being cared for and treated fairly was one of the main reasons I went with Briar Patch. I felt like their biggest joy was in helping me have a spectacular wedding day and not just another tick on their checklist. The venue space is large, airy, and light. It has a very homey and warm feeling when done up, so it feels very intimate and cozy (yet trust me plenty of space for guests, dance floor, and decorations). I highly recommend this venue if you want a warm and loving reception, with a highly attentive staff, and a beautiful nature filled backdrop. Also, as a side note, I highly recommend hiring their in-house coordinating service. I used them and my day went off without a hitch with Ali as my day-of coordinator!

Profile Picture Andrea, 10/21/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Wireless Internet

I found BP here on Wedding Wire a year ago, and there's not much to say that hasn't already been said by other happy brides on here! But I guess I'll try: Briar Patch is an awesome wedding venue. You'll always hear couples say that their wedding went by in a flash, which is true no matter what, but with a venue like BP you can have a solid evening, morning, wedding day, wedding night, and morning after all in one location without having to up and move your whole crew from place to place. We booked one of their usual wedding packages (with a discount for labor day, btw!) and it was great to arrive and set everything up before the rehearsal dinner and then be able to relax and enjoy the company of our close families and bridal party who stayed at the B&B with us. I don't want to repeat other reviews word for word, so I'll just mention a couple more of our favorite highlights: 1. You have a venue already set up for an indoor or outdoor ceremony and reception, no emergency tent necessary! 2. You have constant access to a pool and hot tub. We had an awesome wedding afterparty by the pool--so much fun! 3. You can buy your own alcohol and use any caterer, you're not locked in to high prices and fixed catering options like at some other venues. 4. The staff and ownership were great at responding to emails and calls and genuinely help make your wedding weekend great. They're very caring and compassionate through the whole process! 5. THEY ALLOW PETS! I am sooooo glad we were able to have our dog around for our wedding, he's adorable and it wouldn't have been the same without him. I am so grateful we had that freedom to bring him!
Our bridal party and family loved the venue for its b&b cuteness and having everything in one location, and our guests kept asking me how I found such a great venue. It's really cool and you should definitely visit. Seriously, go visit right now. You're done looking at reviews, email them now!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/4/17, 1 Review

Briar Patch Weddings
1:19 minutes

3D Tours

17 ENDORSEMENTS
Briar Patch is a great supportive venue if you are inviting children. They have a terrific side room that is close by and they also allow for caregivers to go to the inn as it gets later in the evening to a quieter space to help the children settle down for the evening. The bedroom floor plan is also convenient to monitor things as they children sleep while their parents continue to have a good time with the other adults at the reception. We have found Ellen and Dan and their entire team to be very supportive of our needs as caregivers as well. They have been great mentors for us in other ways too. This is a great family friendly venue in very beautiful country setting.

I have had numerous weddings at Briar Patch not to mention gone myself. What a fabulous place to celebrate a huge event like your wedding or a small memory like an anniversary.

Beautiful venue, with many beautiful spots for your outdoor ceremony (and a lovely indoor space - "just in case"). Dan, Ellen and Henriette are delightful to work with and will make you feel right at home.

The Fox Den at Briar Patch Bed and Breakfast is an amazing location for any event. Henriette, Charlotte, and Ellen are wonderful to work with and are highly organized and professional. Legends Catering recommends Briar Patch for your wedding!

A beautiful venue with every amenity possible. True professionals that will attend to every detail. We have been working with Briar Patch for several years and all of the feedback has been very positive.

85 PROS I KNOW

Events

23130 Briar Patch Lane, Middleburg, VA 20117   See On Map
703-327-5911 (phone) 703-327-5933 (fax)
Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn is a wedding venue from the Washington, DC area. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Northern Virginia, DC, and Maryland. Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn is a professional wedding location that has been part of the Washington, DC area wedding industry for over 10 years. We specialize in elegant country weddings.