141 Reviews for Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn

Pet Friendly (2)
Wireless Internet (2)
Outside Vendors (1)
141 Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn Reviews

I used Briar Patch for my October 21, 2017 wedding. Looking at wedding venues can be a discouraging task. Many places have really strict rules such as where you could have the wedding, times you’re allowed to use it, and even which vendors you could use. It was daunting trying to juggle which restrictions or accommodations you were or were not okay with. From the moment I arrived at Briar Patch and met the staff, I was blown away by how friendly and accommodating they were to my needs. The owner Ellen is 100% welcoming to her brides and supporting their dream weddings. They have a fantastic wedding package that includes not only housing in their main house but also the venue rental property itself for 3 days, 2 nights. While the sticker price may shock you at first, you balance it out with the fact that you can house much of your bridal party (or other guests), have a ample time to set-up/breakdown decorations, full use of their facilities such as extensive grounds, pool, and hot-tub, and fully furnished house and fully stocked kitchen. The staff is incredibly sweet and attentive, and you are not nitpicked or charged for every add on or request you want. This alone…the feeling of being cared for and treated fairly was one of the main reasons I went with Briar Patch. I felt like their biggest joy was in helping me have a spectacular wedding day and not just another tick on their checklist. The venue space is large, airy, and light. It has a very homey and warm feeling when done up, so it feels very intimate and cozy (yet trust me plenty of space for guests, dance floor, and decorations). I highly recommend this venue if you want a warm and loving reception, with a highly attentive staff, and a beautiful nature filled backdrop. Also, as a side note, I highly recommend hiring their in-house coordinating service. I used them and my day went off without a hitch with Ali as my day-of coordinator!

Profile Picture Andrea, 10/21/17, 10 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location
Services Used: Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning, Bridal Suite, Outside Vendors, Pet Friendly, Wireless Internet

I found BP here on Wedding Wire a year ago, and there's not much to say that hasn't already been said by other happy brides on here! But I guess I'll try: Briar Patch is an awesome wedding venue. You'll always hear couples say that their wedding went by in a flash, which is true no matter what, but with a venue like BP you can have a solid evening, morning, wedding day, wedding night, and morning after all in one location without having to up and move your whole crew from place to place. We booked one of their usual wedding packages (with a discount for labor day, btw!) and it was great to arrive and set everything up before the rehearsal dinner and then be able to relax and enjoy the company of our close families and bridal party who stayed at the B&B with us. I don't want to repeat other reviews word for word, so I'll just mention a couple more of our favorite highlights: 1. You have a venue already set up for an indoor or outdoor ceremony and reception, no emergency tent necessary! 2. You have constant access to a pool and hot tub. We had an awesome wedding afterparty by the pool--so much fun! 3. You can buy your own alcohol and use any caterer, you're not locked in to high prices and fixed catering options like at some other venues. 4. The staff and ownership were great at responding to emails and calls and genuinely help make your wedding weekend great. They're very caring and compassionate through the whole process! 5. THEY ALLOW PETS! I am sooooo glad we were able to have our dog around for our wedding, he's adorable and it wouldn't have been the same without him. I am so grateful we had that freedom to bring him!
Our bridal party and family loved the venue for its b&b cuteness and having everything in one location, and our guests kept asking me how I found such a great venue. It's really cool and you should definitely visit. Seriously, go visit right now. You're done looking at reviews, email them now!

Profile Picture Michelle, 9/4/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Accommodations, Uncovered Outdoor

I was married at the Briar Partch July 1st 2017. This venue is beautiful with views of rolling hills, vineyards and horses; on first look my husband and I were in-love. We were pleased to have the option of changing from an outside wedding ceremony to inside wedding ceremony at a moments notice in case the weather changed, fortunately, the weather cooperated and we had the outside wedding of our dreams. The Briar Patch team had great suggestions for overflow hotels, transportation, catering, floral, wedding planning and cake vendors.
Not only was the Briar Batch team accommodating and professional, they made my family feel at home for the weekend. Pre-wedding, I was able to drop in and show the venue to my mom when she came to town, with short notice. Family is very important to us, the fact that we were able to share our wedding weekend with both sides of our family in one place was spectacular. The staff at the Briar Patch made our family feel welcomed, their flexibility with check-in was key with people coming from near and far. We had our rehearsal dinner on the property and the Briar Patch staff made sure we had everything we needed from chairs, tables and lighting to pull off an outdoor, evening, pool-side dinner.

Profile Picture Aisha, 7/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Party Supplies, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Briar Patch Bed and Breakfast was the dream venue for our wedding. The day was perfect. Not only are the buildings and grounds breathtaking, but the staff are wonderful to work with. They do a lot of weddings, and it shows - they know exactly what they're doing, and they take wonderful care of their guests. The managers go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need.

One of the reasons we chose the Briar Patch was because of the intimacy - you get the entire Inn for the whole weekend. I loved having breakfast with our families (the breakfast is so delicious!) and relaxing in the hot tub. There are so many little spots to hang out - it's absolutely perfect for a weekend of connecting and celebrating! The cottage was an amazing place to get ready with the bridesmaids and moms the day of the wedding - we drank mimosas, danced, and got our hair and makeup done. It was the perfect place to connect and celebrate with some of my favorite women. Plus it's right across from the Fox Den, so I was able to watch as some of the vendors brought everything to life!

Another reason we chose the Briar Patch was because of the beautiful country setting. We were lucky enough to have flowers in bloom for our April 1 wedding, and the horses, trees, and rolling hills all provided the perfect backdrop to our celebration. It was amazing to relax on the grounds during the day, and to look out at all the greenery during the reception. The reception, by the way, was in the gorgeous Fox Den. The high ceilings and huge chandeliers were absolutely perfect. We had our rehearsal dinner in the Bronze Fox Room, and it was magical.

I really can't say enough good things about the Briar Patch. Our day was perfect, and it's because we chose the perfect venue. I only wish we could do it all over again!

p.s. if you book the Briar Patch, you should hire Henriette of Lemon Thyme Events as a coordinator. She's a manager at the Briar Patch, and she is a dream!

Profile Picture User7126637, 1+ year ago, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations

Beautiful location! My husband and I had our wedding and reception there. We booked the B&B for the whole weekend and our families were able to spend more time getting to know each other. The outside location for the wedding was beautiful, and the reception hall was so lovely that we needed few decorations. The staff was helpful, professional and helped us coordinate all the details. The staff helped to get the tables set up for the rehearsal dinner and reception, set up decorations, and helped make sure our guests at the B&B were taken care of. I highly recommend Briar Patch for a wedding!

Profile Picture Susan, 11/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

If you're looking for a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere for your wedding, look no further. Both the venue and staff at briar patch are amazing - easy to work with, professional, responsive, and full of helpful recommendations. We rented the entire B&B for our wedding party and hosted both the rehearsal dinner and ceremony/reception at the briar patch - it was a beautiful and stress free day, thanks to Ali, Henriette, and the rest of the team, including Alejandra, who baked fresh breakfasts for guests staying at the briar patch each morning and was helpful and cheerful presence the entire weekend long. Cannot say enough great things about this venue!

Profile Picture Jamie, 11/5/16, 6 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Accommodations, Event Planning

The Briar Patch B&B made my fairy tale wedding come true! We reserved the entire estate for the whole weekend. We had the rehearsal ceremony and dinner on Friday, wedding on Saturday, and then brunch on Sunday. We had all the rooms at the B&B booked for bridal party and family. I personally found it less stressful to know that once we arrived Friday night I didn't have to travel anywhere else during the wedding. Our wedding was on Oct 29th, and we completely lucked out with the weather. There were tons of scenic shots for the photographers to work with; hill sides, old barns, fencing, and the main house itself. I worked mostly with Henriette and she was WONDERFUL! She will give you amazing tips & tricks on how to survive your wedding. It seems like every other weekend prior to the wedding we had friends & family that wanted to see the estate, and Henriette was always accommodating. There were definitely a few things I would do differently about my wedding, but picking The Briar Patch was one of the best decisions we did! We can't wait to go back to The Briar Patch for our anniversary and finally get to check out all the amazing wineries in the area.

Profile Picture User7483312, 1+ year ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Briar Patch was perfect for our wedding on October 22, 2016. This venue was beautiful, versatile, clean, and charming! All our guests loved it! Thank you for making our wedding perfect!

Profile Picture Maria, 10/22/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

There is no better venue than Briar Patch! The Aldie/Middleburg area is beautiful, and Chantilly and Leesburg aren't far for vendors or any last minute necessities. We loved that our family and bridal party got to stay with us the whole weekend. Every room is so beautiful, and the fox den fit our 160 person wedding comfortably. There were endless beautiful locations to take photos and the ceremony under the tree was breathtaking. We did lawn games during cocktail hour on the front lawn which our guests loved. The pool area was perfect for our rehearsal dinner and after party. Also, we visited and emailed the staff multiple times, and they were always very responsive and helpful. We loved working with Ali throughout the whole process and Jackie and Alejandra were great the weekend of. We definitely recommend Briar Patch!

Profile Picture Elise, 9/3/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We couldn't have chosen a more perfect venue to have our wedding at! Briar Patch is truly amazing and absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend booking this venue if you're looking for the BEST place to have an all in one wedding and reception.

Briar Patch allows you the option of booking the entire property for the weekend (from 4pm on Friday until 12pm Sunday) and I can't stress enough how wonderful it is to have the entire place for your exclusive use. I loved the fact that our bridal party was able to stay the whole weekend with us. We had our rehearsal dinner by the pool Friday night. Saturday, we got married by the tree out in the front yard, and then had our reception in the Fox Den.

We used Henriette Buell from Lemon Thyme Events to help with our day of coordination. Her assistant Ali was there to coordinate for us on our wedding day, with help from Jackie. They did a wonderful job making sure everything ran smoothly and made sure we were taken care of. All of the staff at Briar Patch were very friendly and made us feel like we were right at home. We loved having the homemade breakfast each morning while we were there! There truly aren’t enough words to describe how perfect Briar Patch, is and we can’t wait to return for our one-year anniversary.

Profile Picture Heather, 8/27/16, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Accommodations, Event Planning

I could not recommend this venue more! It is a beautiful spot, with helpful and professional staff, and it met all of our needs. Top reasons we chose Briar Patch: could accommodate up to 200 guests; exclusive use of the property from Friday afternoon to Sunday noon; excellent rain plan; flexibility in vendor choice.

Briar Patch is very up front about all costs. An important budgeting note: they require you to book all 12 rooms of the B&B along with the site fee. We decided it was worth the extra expense to extend our (parents’) generosity to our wedding party. It worked out perfectly: groom and I shared the cottage, our parents and brothers took the 3 rooms in the “Chicken Coop”, and our remaining bridesmaids and groomsmen fit in the 8 rooms of the guesthouse.

Ellen recommended we use Henriette Buell of Lemon Thyme Events for month-of and day-of coordination services. We took Ellen’s advice and are so glad we did! (See our review on her vendor page).

I cannot stress how wonderful the exclusive use for the weekend is. It allowed us to be completely relaxed, comfortable, and prepared. We started our weekend with a rehearsal dinner on the lawn area by the pool. The day of our wedding, we made a bit of a risky call to have the ceremony outdoors after some thundershowers passed. We did not regret it – the hilltop made for a beautiful setting, with the Piedmont hills in the background. Given the heat, we held cocktail hour indoors, in the space adjacent to the reception hall, and then opened the doors to the reception hall for dinner. The incomparable Culinary Delights by Feist, who I also highly, highly recommend, catered both our rehearsal dinner and reception dinner, including the fabulous cake! We ended the night with an after party by the pool, and a number of our guests decided to take a dip!

Extra touches: two friendly horses on site; relaxing pool; cozy breakfast; spacious & well-stocked bridal suite!

Profile Picture Sarah, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We got married at the Briar Patch in May. It was such a fun event. The location is great. The breakfast is awesome! Our whole family stayed on the property and it was really great quality time. There are so many things included when you are there for the weekend. It was nice to not worry about driving from here to there and parking, etc. We did the rehearsal by the pool and the wedding was planned for by the tree, but rain interrupted that plan. We adjusted to the Gold room and it was still really nice. I was very happy that we got married at the Briar Patch. :)

Profile Picture User6928770, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Everything was amazing! Shout out to Allie for helping out the day of. Excited to visit on our anniversary!

Profile Picture Kathleen, 4/2/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I got married on New Years Eve and Briar Patch was my venue. They are absolutely amazing! We also stayed the night there and it was so comfortable, clean and spectacular. I can't wait to stay the night again next year close to our anniversary because we love the charm Briar Patch has. They are very accommodating and always were so nice and great answering all my questions throughout my wedding process. I would highly recommend them to anyone! We absolutely love Ali shes so sweet and amazing!!!!!

Profile Picture Katherine, 12/31/15, 8 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor

Briar Patch was everything I could've asked for in my wedding venue. The draw of booking for an entire weekend cannot be beat and the staff is absolutely wonderful. I worked with Henriette Buell for my coordination services as well and her expert knowledge of the venue was an absolute treat. Alexandra Werner was our weekend B&B contact and she is amazing. Right away I felt like part of the Briar Patch family and Ali and Henriette did everything they could to make my day perfect. My husband and I will definitely be returning for our anniversary!

Profile Picture User4904220, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations, Event Planning

We just got married at Briar Patch B&B, and I couldn't have asked for a better venue. We had a few "must haves" on our list. We wanted a beautiful outdoor wedding with an indoor "back up plan" in case of rain. Briar Patch met all of our expectations and then some! First, the staff was so helpful and flexible, and that made everything so much easier. We didn't spend the day "on the time clock" hoping to get everything done within time to avoid being charged extra. The property is naturally beautiful, a touch on the rustic side but still very grand with sparkling chandileirs and a cozy fireplace , and quite perfect if you're looking for a private spot that can still hold a nice sized party. They don't have mandatory vendors or an endless list of restrictions, which was also a big + for us. We rented the entire property which made things easy for everyone. (There are 3 buildings on the property - The Inn (guest bedrooms); the chicken coup (upscale new guest bedrooms), and the Fox Den (reception hall + 2 smaller rooms off of the side). The reception hall (aka Gold Room) is stunning, and really well suited for weddings. The patios off of the side are expansive, and I wish it would have warmer weather during my wedding so we could have used them more, but guests still enjoyed the fire pit and cocktail tables to get a break from the indoor action. The price was right given what we got. Considering other properties needed so much extra (like a vineyard + tent, or park + tent + bathrooms, or barn + tent, or one of the multitude of other options we looked at) we felt as though we got the best value out of this property for the price. Take a look! I'm so happy that we did!

Profile Picture User5541910, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Indoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Accommodations

Wonderful spot and beautiful venue. We've had two major events here because of the fine service and unmatched location. Easy drive from anywhere in northern Virginia or southern Maryland.

Profile Picture User5633439, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

love the management, the place and the location- a jewel

Profile Picture User4990961, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

We recently had our July wedding at the Briar Patch B&B and it was nothing short of phenomenal. My wife (then fiance) is from CA and we decided we wanted to book a venue where her family could stay as well having a weekend ceremony/reception at the same place. We had a shoe string budget which made it difficult to find a venue but Ellen worked with us and made us comfortable enough that we decided on the Briar Patch.

This place is absolutely beautiful, it's a real country atmosphere with modern accommodations. Our guests had a blast and pretty much never left the pool except to go to the ceremony and reception. The view for our ceremony was spectacular and the decked out our reception hall was something to behold. Guests who attended are considering having their own weddings there because of how well ours turned out. We would recommend Briar Patch B&B to all friends and family.

Profile Picture Robert, 7/18/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

My *now* husband and I were looking for a perfect location for our wedding. We had a few things we wanted in mind. We wanted a "semi-destination" where we and our close family and friends could get away from the crazy Northern Virginia lifestyle, we wanted our wedding to feel like a family reunion, we wanted something cute and scenic, and something that reminded me of being at my grandfather's house as a child.
We drove up the long gravel driveway, under the canopy of trees, and at the end of the drive we saw the beautiful historic main house. We knew we found something special. We walked the grounds, saw all the adorable rooms, the grand reception hall with huge crystal chandeliers, the more intimate wood beamed cocktail room, the open patio with the amazing view, the pool and hot tub, and finally the ceremony site. A large open site with a huge tree front and center. I turned to my then-fiance and told him, I think this is it.
Once we sat down and started talking dates and costs, they informed us of "Dan's Deals". My fiance and I were going to be paying for our entire wedding ourselves, so budget was a huge factor. They offered us a great deal if we booked a date that was 3 months away. My fiance and I love a good challenge, so after getting the parents' approval we decided to go for it.
The venue and everyone working at the venue was MORE than perfect. Everyone was super responsive, available to answer questions at nearly any time in the day, sweet, smiling and just seemed to love their job! The venue itself was beautiful, clean, amazing. I felt like I was living in a fairy tale the entire weekend. We would walk around at night surrounded by fireflies, little bunnies, frogs, and even a little groundhog poked his head out to see what was going on. It was better than anything I ever imagined. The sheets were so soft and comfortable, and they even found a pair of sunglasses someone had left behind and mailed them to me!
Best weekend of my life.

Profile Picture Anna, 7/11/15, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

I booked the Briar Patch for a Sunday wedding and had a wonderful experience. I was so impressed with the offerings and the staff upon touring the venue that I actually didn't look anywhere else. They have two outdoor ceremony sites and a big reception hall built next to the inn. If it rains, you can do the ceremony in the reception hall if needed. Cocktail hour can be done in front of the inn on the lawn, or in the silver and bronze rooms outside the reception hall if it's rainy or too hot. The grounds have a lot of beautiful spots to take pictures. Dan, the owner, was flexible working within our budget and gave us a deal. While the Sunday package does not include using the venue for the rehearsal meal, they recommended other locations in town. Samantha and Ally were very prompt, helpful, and flexible in response to my inquiries through the course of the planning process. The venue does not help with much set up unless you book Henriette as your coordinator, which I chose not to do (my catering staff, other day-of-coordinator, and a handful of friends did the setup). We had a great experience getting ready - the girls in the cottage and the boys on the first floor of the bed and breakfast. My husband and I had an early morning flight on Monday for our honeymoon, and they made us delicious breakfasts to go. Overall working with the Briar Patch was a wonderful experience and I would recommend it to anyone!

Profile Picture User5178263, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

This is a stunning location for a rustic, country, dream wedding. The hall is beautifully decorated! I loved that I hardly had to do any decorating myself! The staff is very flexible, easy to work with and extremely accommodating. You are the priority there! Every time I asked to have something done or requested anything the answer was always yes! Loved it and would recommend it to anyone!

Profile Picture User5256566, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

Wow! What a great venue for our wedding. We first look at the Briar Patch last year and because of the specials and price - along with getting the entire venue the ENTIRE weekend, from Friday-Sunday - we couldn't resist it. It was the first place we saw and no other venue compared.

I loved working with the staff - they were great. Ali and Sam - wow, what great girls. They helped keep me calm the weekend of the wedding. They helped the caterers set everything up - worked with my event planner to make sure everything ran smoothly. They were great.

Having the rooms for our family to stay at the entire weekend was great. Having the rehearsal dinner there made it easy. I didn't have to go anywhere. Actually, I didn't leave the site the entire weekend.

Breakfast was great both mornings. So delicious and plenty of food for everyone.

It was a pet friendly venue as well - my dogs were roaming the house. AHH, I can't say enough great things about it. Thank you Briar Patch!

Profile Picture User3928311, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location

The Briar Patch was the perfect place for our winter wedding! The space is beautiful!

Profile Picture Felicia, 1/11/15, 6 Reviews