Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn Reviews

Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 4
Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 5

Saher · Married on 10/19/2019

Say YES to this venue!!!

I love love LOVED this venue. It was perfect and everything I imagined for my dream wedding. Dan and Ellen are amazing and I cannot recommend this venue enough to anyone who's interested.

Sent on 11/07/2019

Leigh Serroka · Married on 07/13/2019

Best Venue

Briar Patch was the perfect place for our 160 guest wedding. We chose to use the venue from Friday to Sunday, the property is beautiful and had lots of options for rehearsal dinner space, ceremony space and more. The team is helpful and responsive with any questions you may have. It was amazing to be able to stay in one spot the whole weekend and the team lets you create the atmosphere you want. Can not recommend enough.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Amy Covell-Sharek · Married on 07/09/2019

Amazing!!!

My husband and I were beyond pleased with the service and professionalism the Briar Patch offered. We’re planning to visit every year on our anniversary because it was the perfect day for us made possible by Ellen and her staff.

Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 6
    Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 7
    Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 8
    Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 9
    Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 10
    Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Naomi

Naomi Munk · Married on 07/05/2019

You're not just another wedding on their calendar

We got married here in July 2019, and we could not have asked for anything more our of our wedding venue. We toured several sties, but the Briar Patch was the first one we walked away from feeling we needed to book right away. This was because Dan and Ellen made us feel part of the Briar Patch family immediately upon our tour of the venue, instead of making us feel like we were just another wedding on the calendar.
    The venue itself it amazing. We wanted an outdoor ceremony, but also needed an indoor option in case of rain or extreme heat. Both indoor and outdoor options are beautiful. Photo opportunities abound. We were lucky and got to have our ceremony outdoors before the rain came in. As soon as it did, we were all safe inside in their beautiful event space enjoying the reception in the AC.
    The B&B allowed us to have a wedding weekend instead of just a wedding day. This was was so important for us as my husband's family was coming in from out of town. We needed a home base, and the Briar Patch became that. We hosted our rehearsal dinner on Friday out on the pool deck, got ready in the cottage on property in the morning of the Saturday wedding, and were able to hang out with our guests well into the night of the wedding. The morning after the wedding on Sunday, we were able to enjoy the B&B's breakfast with our family and wedding party who stayed at the inn. You have the flexibility to start the wedding festivities when you want and don't have to fit it all in in the 5-6 hours that other wedding venues give you. You can also choose your own vendors, though they have a recommended list if you need somewhere to start. And, if you do a more DIY approach, you are on property the day before and after so you can set up decorations, food, etc. all in time. Dan and Ellen were extremely responsive through all the planning, quick to get back to me on each email and call. Dan even drove my grandma and the bridal party up to the ceremony location on the hill in his van. We cannot thank Dan and Ellen enough for their hospitality and guidance throughout our planning process. Thank you!

Sent on 09/28/2019
  • Bradley

Bradley Peter Lokie-Bense · Married on 07/04/2019

Great and intimate venue!

This was the first and only venue we scoped out. Great accommodation options, awesome ceremony options (inside and outside) and an incredible reception area with everything you would need. Ellen and Dan have all the contacts and information and equipment to make your wedding a spectacular success and not to mention a huge amount of fun on your special day. I would highly recommend them to anyone.

Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 11
    Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 12
    Sent on 07/30/2019
  • Jan

Jan Lokie · Married on 07/04/2019

Briar Patch July 4th Wedding

Thanks to Briar Patch's owners Dan and Ellen, their wonderful staff and the beautiful grounds, Our daughter was able to have a lovely wedding this past 4th of July! We enjoyed having many family and friends on the grounds which gave us more time to catch up with relatives while sharing breakfast or while enjoying the large front porch at various times during the weekend. Besides the "Fairy Tale" like setting (butterflies fluttering, birds singing and horses standing watch) for the outdoor ceremony, the reception hall is quite lovely with nice chandeliers and high ceilings. The venue was enjoyed by all and we were very pleased with our two days at The Briar Patch Inn in Middleburg, Va.

Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 13
    Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 14
    Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 15
    Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 16
    Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 17
    Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 18
    Sent on 07/30/2019

Alyssa Lokie · Married on 07/04/2019

Fairy Tale wedding come to life!

I had my July 2019 wedding at Briar Patch and truly was a dream! Ellen and Dan were incredibly helpful throughout the planning process, and are incredibly well connected to the wedding industry in the surrounding areas. All of the recommendations they gave us were fabulous. The venue itself had everything we could have possibly needed. We had our rehearsal dinner by the pool, under the market lighting strung up through the trees with a cook out and music (sound system already set up.) For our wedding, we did an outdoor ceremony under the shade of a magnificent tree that framed our isle perfectly, leading down to the beautiful arch they provided and a backdrop of the rolling hills. For the reception, we went inside and again the facilities had everything we could have possibly needed! The bathrooms were super cute and clean, the main room was brilliant, with plenty of space for everyone plus dancing, and we were able to go out onto the large decks as well. It made for a really magical night! One of the coolest things was having my out of town family stay with us at the venue site at the B&B. It made the weekend so special and gave us all of the time to see everyone. My family and I are all still talking about how incredible the breakfast was that was provided. From start to finish, everything was truly wonderful! If I could go back and do it again, 100 times over I would always pick the Briar Patch.

Sent on 10/09/2019

Rebecca · Married on 06/29/2019

An amazing & all-inclusive venue!

My husband and I got married on June 29, 2019. From start to finish, the Briar Patch did an amazing job with our wedding. All of my questions, no matter how silly, were immediately answered. We were originally planning on having our wedding outside, but 72 hours prior, the weather forecast spiked and it was projected to be 104 degrees. I ended up changing our wedding to inside and they handled it with ease! Our wedding went off without a hitch and I am so grateful to Ellen and her team for making our wedding day a dream!

Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 19
    Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 20
    Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 21
    Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn 22
    Sent on 10/19/2019

Raffie · Married on 05/27/2019

Couldn't imagine a better venue

Briar Patch was truly our ideal wedding venue. For the same price as a one-day event in DC (where we lived), we had the whole B&B to ourselves for the weekend, which allowed us to have lots of quality time with our guests. The staff was incredibly accommodating and responsive to our questions. We can't wait to go back for our anniversary!

Sent on 10/31/2019

Anna Easterbrooks · Married on 11/03/2018

A Fall (+ Pet Friendly) Bride's Dream!

I got married at Briar Patch this past November (2018), had my bachelorette weekend there as well this past July. and had the best experience! The property is beautiful, Ellen, Jackie and the team are fantastic, and I love that it's women-owned and women-run. The breakfasts were amazing as well, I had guests asking me to get the recipes! We also had my dog stay for the weekend, which was a real treat.
    The location, views and lovely team can't be beat. Can't say enough great things!

Sent on 12/03/2018

Cathleen · Married on 10/13/2018

Awesome venue choice

Wow!! Our wedding day was even better than I ever imagined, thanks to the wonderful team at Briar Patch! Beautiful venue, lots of space, and fun place for a wedding. Ali was our day-of coordinator and she did an excellent job handling everything. Awesome wedding and all guests had a blast too, it is a night my husband and I will never forget. We can't wait to return for a visit at some point :)

Sent on 10/30/2018

Janis · Married on 09/02/2018

The Briar Patch Bed & Breakfast Inn was the perfect place for our small outdoor wedding. We were able to spend the whole weekend with our family and friends which made it extra special. Ali and the rest of the staff worked with us to get just the right atmosphere of an intimate outdoor wedding with a rustic feel. The guests that stayed onsite with us all raved about this comfortable beautiful country venue!

Sent on 09/23/2018
  • Andrea

Andrea · Married on 10/21/2017

I used Briar Patch for my October 21, 2017 wedding. Looking at wedding venues can be a discouraging task. Many places have really strict rules such as where you could have the wedding, times you’re allowed to use it, and even which vendors you could use. It was daunting trying to juggle which restrictions or accommodations you were or were not okay with. From the moment I arrived at Briar Patch and met the staff, I was blown away by how friendly and accommodating they were to my needs. The owner Ellen is 100% welcoming to her brides and supporting their dream weddings. They have a fantastic wedding package that includes not only housing in their main house but also the venue rental property itself for 3 days, 2 nights. While the sticker price may shock you at first, you balance it out with the fact that you can house much of your bridal party (or other guests), have a ample time to set-up/breakdown decorations, full use of their facilities such as extensive grounds, pool, and hot-tub, and fully furnished house and fully stocked kitchen. The staff is incredibly sweet and attentive, and you are not nitpicked or charged for every add on or request you want. This alone…the feeling of being cared for and treated fairly was one of the main reasons I went with Briar Patch. I felt like their biggest joy was in helping me have a spectacular wedding day and not just another tick on their checklist. The venue space is large, airy, and light. It has a very homey and warm feeling when done up, so it feels very intimate and cozy (yet trust me plenty of space for guests, dance floor, and decorations). I highly recommend this venue if you want a warm and loving reception, with a highly attentive staff, and a beautiful nature filled backdrop. Also, as a side note, I highly recommend hiring their in-house coordinating service. I used them and my day went off without a hitch with Ali as my day-of coordinator!

Sent on 10/29/2017

Michelle · Married on 09/04/2017

I found BP here on Wedding Wire a year ago, and there's not much to say that hasn't already been said by other happy brides on here! But I guess I'll try: Briar Patch is an awesome wedding venue. You'll always hear couples say that their wedding went by in a flash, which is true no matter what, but with a venue like BP you can have a solid evening, morning, wedding day, wedding night, and morning after all in one location without having to up and move your whole crew from place to place. We booked one of their usual wedding packages (with a discount for labor day, btw!) and it was great to arrive and set everything up before the rehearsal dinner and then be able to relax and enjoy the company of our close families and bridal party who stayed at the B&B with us. I don't want to repeat other reviews word for word, so I'll just mention a couple more of our favorite highlights: 1. You have a venue already set up for an indoor or outdoor ceremony and reception, no emergency tent necessary! 2. You have constant access to a pool and hot tub. We had an awesome wedding afterparty by the pool--so much fun! 3. You can buy your own alcohol and use any caterer, you're not locked in to high prices and fixed catering options like at some other venues. 4. The staff and ownership were great at responding to emails and calls and genuinely help make your wedding weekend great. They're very caring and compassionate through the whole process! 5. THEY ALLOW PETS! I am sooooo glad we were able to have our dog around for our wedding, he's adorable and it wouldn't have been the same without him. I am so grateful we had that freedom to bring him!
    Our bridal party and family loved the venue for its b&b cuteness and having everything in one location, and our guests kept asking me how I found such a great venue. It's really cool and you should definitely visit. Seriously, go visit right now. You're done looking at reviews, email them now!

Sent on 09/14/2017

natalie · Married on 08/12/2017

Perfect Venue

The Briar Patch was a perfect venue for my wedding. It fit our simple, rustic aesthetic, but was also very elegant and sophisticated. I spent the night before the wedding in the cottage, and it was tremendously peaceful. Breakfast was wonderful, and my guests who stayed at the venue the night of the wedding had a fabulous time. They were very flexible, and worked with me and my wedding coordinator to make sure the day went off without a hitch. The horses were a huge treat for the kids who attended, and the views were stunning. They have lots of items in the venue that can be used for decorations, and they even have a beautiful wooden arch. The only downside is that it is your responsibility to set up the ceremony space with chairs, and have them removed, but the timing of getting that done was so flexible it was not a big deal at all.

Sent on 10/19/2018

Aisha · Married on 07/01/2017

I was married at the Briar Partch July 1st 2017. This venue is beautiful with views of rolling hills, vineyards and horses; on first look my husband and I were in-love. We were pleased to have the option of changing from an outside wedding ceremony to inside wedding ceremony at a moments notice in case the weather changed, fortunately, the weather cooperated and we had the outside wedding of our dreams. The Briar Patch team had great suggestions for overflow hotels, transportation, catering, floral, wedding planning and cake vendors.
    Not only was the Briar Batch team accommodating and professional, they made my family feel at home for the weekend. Pre-wedding, I was able to drop in and show the venue to my mom when she came to town, with short notice. Family is very important to us, the fact that we were able to share our wedding weekend with both sides of our family in one place was spectacular. The staff at the Briar Patch made our family feel welcomed, their flexibility with check-in was key with people coming from near and far. We had our rehearsal dinner on the property and the Briar Patch staff made sure we had everything we needed from chairs, tables and lighting to pull off an outdoor, evening, pool-side dinner.

Sent on 10/09/2017
  • F

Veronica · Married on 04/01/2017

Briar Patch Bed and Breakfast was the dream venue for our wedding. The day was perfect. Not only are the buildings and grounds breathtaking, but the staff are wonderful to work with. They do a lot of weddings, and it shows - they know exactly what they're doing, and they take wonderful care of their guests. The managers go out of their way to make sure you have everything you need.

One of the reasons we chose the Briar Patch was because of the intimacy - you get the entire Inn for the whole weekend. I loved having breakfast with our families (the breakfast is so delicious!) and relaxing in the hot tub. There are so many little spots to hang out - it's absolutely perfect for a weekend of connecting and celebrating! The cottage was an amazing place to get ready with the bridesmaids and moms the day of the wedding - we drank mimosas, danced, and got our hair and makeup done. It was the perfect place to connect and celebrate with some of my favorite women. Plus it's right across from the Fox Den, so I was able to watch as some of the vendors brought everything to life!

Another reason we chose the Briar Patch was because of the beautiful country setting. We were lucky enough to have flowers in bloom for our April 1 wedding, and the horses, trees, and rolling hills all provided the perfect backdrop to our celebration. It was amazing to relax on the grounds during the day, and to look out at all the greenery during the reception. The reception, by the way, was in the gorgeous Fox Den. The high ceilings and huge chandeliers were absolutely perfect. We had our rehearsal dinner in the Bronze Fox Room, and it was magical.

I really can't say enough good things about the Briar Patch. Our day was perfect, and it's because we chose the perfect venue. I only wish we could do it all over again!

p.s. if you book the Briar Patch, you should hire Henriette of Lemon Thyme Events as a coordinator. She's a manager at the Briar Patch, and she is a dream!

Sent on 04/05/2017

Susan · Married on 11/19/2016

Beautiful location! My husband and I had our wedding and reception there. We booked the B&B for the whole weekend and our families were able to spend more time getting to know each other. The outside location for the wedding was beautiful, and the reception hall was so lovely that we needed few decorations. The staff was helpful, professional and helped us coordinate all the details. The staff helped to get the tables set up for the rehearsal dinner and reception, set up decorations, and helped make sure our guests at the B&B were taken care of. I highly recommend Briar Patch for a wedding!

Sent on 12/13/2016
  • Jamie

Jamie · Married on 11/05/2016

If you're looking for a beautiful and relaxing atmosphere for your wedding, look no further. Both the venue and staff at briar patch are amazing - easy to work with, professional, responsive, and full of helpful recommendations. We rented the entire B&B for our wedding party and hosted both the rehearsal dinner and ceremony/reception at the briar patch - it was a beautiful and stress free day, thanks to Ali, Henriette, and the rest of the team, including Alejandra, who baked fresh breakfasts for guests staying at the briar patch each morning and was helpful and cheerful presence the entire weekend long. Cannot say enough great things about this venue!

Sent on 11/16/2016

Melissa · Married on 10/29/2016

The Briar Patch B&B made my fairy tale wedding come true! We reserved the entire estate for the whole weekend. We had the rehearsal ceremony and dinner on Friday, wedding on Saturday, and then brunch on Sunday. We had all the rooms at the B&B booked for bridal party and family. I personally found it less stressful to know that once we arrived Friday night I didn't have to travel anywhere else during the wedding. Our wedding was on Oct 29th, and we completely lucked out with the weather. There were tons of scenic shots for the photographers to work with; hill sides, old barns, fencing, and the main house itself. I worked mostly with Henriette and she was WONDERFUL! She will give you amazing tips & tricks on how to survive your wedding. It seems like every other weekend prior to the wedding we had friends & family that wanted to see the estate, and Henriette was always accommodating. There were definitely a few things I would do differently about my wedding, but picking The Briar Patch was one of the best decisions we did! We can't wait to go back to The Briar Patch for our anniversary and finally get to check out all the amazing wineries in the area.

Sent on 12/12/2016
  • Maria

Maria · Married on 10/22/2016

Briar Patch was perfect for our wedding on October 22, 2016. This venue was beautiful, versatile, clean, and charming! All our guests loved it! Thank you for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 10/27/2016

Elise · Married on 09/03/2016

There is no better venue than Briar Patch! The Aldie/Middleburg area is beautiful, and Chantilly and Leesburg aren't far for vendors or any last minute necessities. We loved that our family and bridal party got to stay with us the whole weekend. Every room is so beautiful, and the fox den fit our 160 person wedding comfortably. There were endless beautiful locations to take photos and the ceremony under the tree was breathtaking. We did lawn games during cocktail hour on the front lawn which our guests loved. The pool area was perfect for our rehearsal dinner and after party. Also, we visited and emailed the staff multiple times, and they were always very responsive and helpful. We loved working with Ali throughout the whole process and Jackie and Alejandra were great the weekend of. We definitely recommend Briar Patch!

Sent on 10/01/2016

Heather · Married on 08/27/2016

We couldn't have chosen a more perfect venue to have our wedding at! Briar Patch is truly amazing and absolutely beautiful. I highly recommend booking this venue if you're looking for the BEST place to have an all in one wedding and reception.

Briar Patch allows you the option of booking the entire property for the weekend (from 4pm on Friday until 12pm Sunday) and I can't stress enough how wonderful it is to have the entire place for your exclusive use. I loved the fact that our bridal party was able to stay the whole weekend with us. We had our rehearsal dinner by the pool Friday night. Saturday, we got married by the tree out in the front yard, and then had our reception in the Fox Den.

We used Henriette Buell from Lemon Thyme Events to help with our day of coordination. Her assistant Ali was there to coordinate for us on our wedding day, with help from Jackie. They did a wonderful job making sure everything ran smoothly and made sure we were taken care of. All of the staff at Briar Patch were very friendly and made us feel like we were right at home. We loved having the homemade breakfast each morning while we were there! There truly aren’t enough words to describe how perfect Briar Patch, is and we can’t wait to return for our one-year anniversary.

Sent on 10/30/2016

Sarah · Married on 08/06/2016

I could not recommend this venue more! It is a beautiful spot, with helpful and professional staff, and it met all of our needs. Top reasons we chose Briar Patch: could accommodate up to 200 guests; exclusive use of the property from Friday afternoon to Sunday noon; excellent rain plan; flexibility in vendor choice.

Briar Patch is very up front about all costs. An important budgeting note: they require you to book all 12 rooms of the B&B along with the site fee. We decided it was worth the extra expense to extend our (parents’) generosity to our wedding party. It worked out perfectly: groom and I shared the cottage, our parents and brothers took the 3 rooms in the “Chicken Coop”, and our remaining bridesmaids and groomsmen fit in the 8 rooms of the guesthouse.

Ellen recommended we use Henriette Buell of Lemon Thyme Events for month-of and day-of coordination services. We took Ellen’s advice and are so glad we did! (See our review on her vendor page).

I cannot stress how wonderful the exclusive use for the weekend is. It allowed us to be completely relaxed, comfortable, and prepared. We started our weekend with a rehearsal dinner on the lawn area by the pool. The day of our wedding, we made a bit of a risky call to have the ceremony outdoors after some thundershowers passed. We did not regret it – the hilltop made for a beautiful setting, with the Piedmont hills in the background. Given the heat, we held cocktail hour indoors, in the space adjacent to the reception hall, and then opened the doors to the reception hall for dinner. The incomparable Culinary Delights by Feist, who I also highly, highly recommend, catered both our rehearsal dinner and reception dinner, including the fabulous cake! We ended the night with an after party by the pool, and a number of our guests decided to take a dip!

Extra touches: two friendly horses on site; relaxing pool; cozy breakfast; spacious & well-stocked bridal suite!

Sent on 08/08/2016

We got married at the Briar Patch in May. It was such a fun event. The location is great. The breakfast is awesome! Our whole family stayed on the property and it was really great quality time. There are so many things included when you are there for the weekend. It was nice to not worry about driving from here to there and parking, etc. We did the rehearsal by the pool and the wedding was planned for by the tree, but rain interrupted that plan. We adjusted to the Gold room and it was still really nice. I was very happy that we got married at the Briar Patch. :)

Sent on 07/06/2016