On WeddingWire since 2016
Blue Hill Farm is a classic country elegant bed & breakfast just outside the historic village of Waterford in Loudoun County, northwest of Washington DC. This is Northern Virginia's "Wine Country". Here, couples will find a charming, white, modern farmhouse built to look as if it has been here for a hundred years, along with a a Carriage House and rustic barn. There is a beautiful pool all surrounded by lush rolling farm landscapes and beautiful views in every direction. The venue is very easy to get to, less than 10 minutes from Leesburg, only 25 minutes from Dulles International Airport and 45 minutes from downtown DC.
Facilities and Capacity
This venue can accommodate up to 350 guests for ceremonies and receptions outdoors in a tent and up to 120 guests in the Carriage House with adjacent 20x30 classic pole tent. A breathtaking ceremony location awaits just behind the farm house with multiple possible setups and props available. Couples will enjoy a backdrop of the surrounding Blue Ridge Mountains that wrap from the west to the north and includes Sugarloaf Mountain clearly in the distance. The 45’x36’ Carriage House provides a cathedral ceiling and a gleaming white & seasoned wood interior where you can dial up the elegance or go with a more classic, rustic feel. The flexible interior is complemented by beautiful large sliding barn doors which open fully for a very open and airy feel. A large 12x36 powered awning can be deployed over the flagstone side patio for guests. For larger weddings and to provide the greatest flexibility utilizing all the best elements of the property, venue will handle rental of an appropriately sized tent for the dinner reception. There are four areas on the property that can accomodate different size tents. No matter where they are set up, they all offer fabulous views. Couples and their guests can use the Carriage House for rehearsal dinners, cocktail reception, after reception dancing & entertainment, after-parties or even Sunday brunches. The Carriage House is close to the fabulous fire pit area with Adirondack chairs and a stone driveway where couples can mix and mingle or even dance under the stars. At evenings end, couples can make their grand exit with a sparkler sendoff or retreat into the classic farmhouse with their family or chosen guests to spend a relaxing night.
The owners are the staff at this B&B. They go to great lengths to help couples on their wedding day, typically devoting an entire weekend to only that couple and their families. Whether doing a single day of event, or spending one to three nights with friends and family in the four beautiful bedrooms, this venue aims to give everyone a completely relaxing country experience. Event planning, event management, and setup are all areas where the owners are involved. Cleanup on Sunday is available as an option to make the wedding a more relaxed, memorable and civilized experience. Blue Hill Farm B&B provides:
- Twelve spectacular acres as your canvas to create memories on
- 24 hour on site property & event management
- Three parking areas, active parking management and guest assistance
- Circular driveway for buses, hotel shuttles, limousine, Uber & Lyft drop offs
- Deluxe two, four or six stall restroom trailers provided on site
- Elopements and ceremony only use of venue
- Micro weddings for 25 or less guests on weekdays
- Mini weddings for under 50 guests on Thursdays, Fridays & Sundays
- Single day, full size events with up 16 hours of venue access on Saturdays
- Extra events including rehearsal dinners, after parties and morning brunches
- All-inclusive single or multi night weekend country extravaganzas
- Multiple areas for the events including farmhouse, gazebo, Carriage House, barn and grounds
- Private pool area
- Outdoor fire pit plateau
- Separate bridal & groom suites for getting ready or spending the night
- A wide assortment of gorgeous unique, custom-built furniture and accessories for rent
- Use of your own vendors or choose from the hundreds we can recommend
- Liability insurance is required of all couples, venue will supply provider
This beautiful farmhouse has four guest rooms, 2 full ensuite bathrooms and one central powder room along with a living room, family room and beautiful kitchen areas for couples, wedding party, family, or other guests to take advantage of and while spending the weekend. Overnight guests are always treated to a delicious, healthy breakfast every morning.
Couples can celebrate any wedding event at this B&B including their bridal shower, engagement party, elopement, rehearsal dinners, ceremony, reception, after parties and send off brunches. The venue has a wide assortment of props and decor along with unique, custom farm tables, custom bars and cocktail tables and various sound, lighting and power equipment to help with any event. For any wedding-related event, couples can additionally find the following items available through this venue:
- Custom designed venue signage
- Personalized announcement signage for each couple
- Choice of wedding arch, wedding cross or wedding pergola
- Shepherds hooks and lanterns
- White padded outdoor chairs for ceremony
- Wine & whiskey barrel based bars with live edge maple tops
- Two rustic oak & cherry main bars in Carriage House
- Custom built cocktail tables
- Custom built 8' farm tables
- Custom cornhole boards
- Wooden crossback chairs for reception
- Powered outdoor speaker & wireless mic system for ceremonies,cocktail hour and speeches
- Audio & video equipment in Carriage House
- Motorized 36x12 side awning on Carriage House stone patio for guests
- Numerous centerpieces, wood rounds, table numbers
- Various décor elements including mason jars, flower vases
- Galvanized & painted metal buckets, woven baskets
- Large framed chalk boards
- Custom-built 16x16 outdoor dance floor with overhead string lights for "dancing under the stars"
- Custom antique string lighting around Carriage House
- Tiki torches for dramatic lighting
- Motorized 24x12 rear awning on Carriage House for catering staff
- Custom built privacy screens for catering patio
- Fully equipped catering area with coolers, refrigerator, freezer, prep tables, sanitation station
- Rustic photo booth
- 10kw generator or Carriage House power hookups for powering tents
- Roaring fires in custom built fire pit
- Tents & tent accessories (available upon request at additional charge)
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season?
Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during peak season?
What is the starting site fee for wedding ceremonies during off-peak season?
Which of the following are included in starting site fee?
What is the minimum number of guests required to book your venue?
How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer?
Describe your venue:
What kind of settings are available?
Which of the following wedding events does your venue service?
What event services do you offer?
What event items are available?
What food and beverage items are available?
What transportation and access is available?
What months are included in your peak season?
What months are included in your off-peak season?
Any other questions?
ReviewsWrite a review
313 User photos
Magical Views, Attentive Service, Great Communication
Blue Hill Farm is the BEST!
The Most Special and Stunning Wedding Venue
Are you interested?
Waldo spent over 30 years working in the political media & publishing worlds developing expertise in legislative & regulatory online information, corporate brand and issue advocacy advertising and also spent time in political consulting. He helped launch or reposition several political publishers including Politico, Politicker and TalkingPoints Memo as well as political technology or social media businesses including Vote iQ, Rocket Fuel and Targeted Victory in Washington DC and across the country. Following the 2016 Presidential cycle managing business development for a very successful political email operation under MediaDC, Waldo opted to do something completely different by embarking on this dramatically different path to use his life long skills building and improvings things to do something closer to home .
Shirley's day job is as an owner/partner at her advertising boutique called Brand+Aid. She says hosting a wedding is a lot like producing a TV commercial with location coordination, wardrobe, props, photography, etc. So it's a natural extension of her skiils as an art director/creative director. She is passionate about the visuals of the weddings and loves to help carry out the theme of the wedding by creating signage, additional florals and decorative accents.
Professional Network & Endorsements3 Endorsements
Blue Hill Farm is a lovely new venue in Loudoun County! The beautifully manicured front terrace is an ideal ceremony location. Cocktail hour by the pool can move seamlessly into the carriage house for dinner or out to a big tented affair with sweeping views all around. Absolutely stunning! The best part about Blue Hill: Shirley and Waldo are a delight to work with. Friendly and accommodating, they truly go above and beyond to make one feel at home in their picturesque farm house.
Executive Bathrooms LLC has had the great pleasure to work with Blue Hill Farm during the 2017 wedding season. Shirley and Waldo take great pride in keeping this venue very beautiful and I always see them making improvements to the beautiful carriage house that was built in 2017. As a vendor I find working with Blue Hill Farm a joy and I am glad to say Executive Bathrooms LLC will be working with Blue Hill Farm in 2018 as well.
I Had the pleasure of staying at this magical venue this pass weekend, Shirley and Waldo are the perfect hosts , even though it was close to Home I felt like I was miles away, so relaxing and the views are breathtaking !! If You are looking for a venue that has that elegant comfort feel You need to visit Blue Hill Farm for Your upcoming wedding and other celebrations.
Would you like to visit?
Blue Hill Farm B&B frequently asked questions
- Bridal Suite
- Event Planning
- Set Up
- Historic Building
- Covered Outdoor
- Uncovered Outdoor
- Bridal Shower
- Engagement Party
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Event Planner
- Event Rentals
- Get Ready Rooms
- Outside Vendors
- Pet Friendly
- Aisle Markers
- Audio Equipment
- Chair Covers
- Dance Floor
- Photo booth
- Tent Accessories