Goodstone Inn & Restaurant Reviews

Rating 5.0 out of 5, 13 Reviews
View more information

Mary D. Married on 03/26/2022

A truly phenomenal weekend

Carlos, Kylie, Paloma, Sarah, Jefferson, and the entire Goodstone team made our wedding weekend absolutely phenomenal. They were all kind, professional, experienced, and flexible to our needs and the needs of our guests. The property has so many incredible views and such fantastic food that we decided to host both our rehearsal dinner and our wedding at Goodstone, with all guests staying onsite in the gorgeous cottages. Carlos worked seamlessly with all of our vendors and his creativity and knack for solving problems ensured that we could quickly adjust when hail ruined our ceremony plans - and the new ceremony setup was even better than I imagined! Plus, he coordinated such wonderful touches to the weekend, including a champagne tower, specialty cocktails, late night food, etc. and was very patient and accommodating the whole time. Our guests had a blast - from Jefferson's five-star breakfast each morning to the beautiful trail walks and views to visiting the adorable animals. Paloma and Sarah made us feel so special and so welcome each time we entered the room. I can't say enough positive things about how truly wonderful this place is and these people are. I wholeheartedly recommending this venue to all my friends and family (plus I know my family and I will definitely be back for a weekend stay to relive the magic.) Thank you, Goodstone!
    Sabrina A. Married on 11/06/2021

Dream wedding at Goodstone!

Goodstone Inn & Restaurant is one of the best places I have ever been to. I got married here last week and it was truly the best weekend and wedding I could of ever dreamed of. The grounds and property are so unique and beautiful. You feel like you are somewhere in Europe. The vibe and energy of goodstone is incomparable and from the moment my husband and I came stepped foot in the property, we knew it was it for us.We had the pleasure of working with Carlos, Kylie and Gordon. Carlos helped with the coordination of the wedding and went above and beyond to make our wedding dreams come true. Carlos is a pleasure to work with and all around a wonderful person. I cannot thank him enough for all his help these past few months with wedding planning. Gordon and his staff ran the show for the day of our wedding and to simply put it, everything was absolutely perfect. The food is incredible, the wine is amazing and the service is unlike any other. The cottages are all so cozy, clean, and wonderful. All of our friends and family were amazed and completely enjoyed their goodstone experience. From the bottom of our hearts, thank you so much to everyone at goodstone who helped make our wedding a dream come true. Goodstone now feels like family. Much love - Sabrina and Josh
  • Sara
    Sara P. Married on 09/08/2020

They said yes to everything we asked

Our original wedding venue wouldn't allow us to cut our guest list down to ten. So we scrambled to find another venue last minute. Goodstone was amazing. They let us plan our wedding a month out. Our guests could not believe how beautiful the venue is, how delicious the food was, and the wine was out of this world. We had a handful of reasonable, but custom requests. They said yes to everything no hesitation. Our day felt magical, and I cannot recommend Goodstone enough.
  • Alyssa
    Alyssa T. Married on 11/02/2019

My Fairytale Venue

Venue selection was the most important thing to me when I began planning our wedding. After all, if you pick a beautiful place that already has a lot of character then you barely need to spend any time worrying about flowers or decorations! I was specifically looking for a venue that felt very natural and elegant (NOT rustic as has been the trend the past few years). I also didn't want to go to a wedding venue that was designed for the sole purpose of holding events, because often those feel fake rather than genuine. I found Goodstone early on in my search, but after seeing the price, it was way outside my budget so I kept looking. However, after searching between multiple states for over a month, I couldn't find anything that matched Goodstone. Luckily, I decided to reach out to them to learn more about their wedding options and found out that they have many different options including a "Petite Wedding" for 50 people or less! Since we knew we wanted to have an intimate ceremony with family and close friends, this was the perfect choice for us. And the petite wedding option is WAY more affordable! This was the point where we finally decided to visit the venue in person and it was everything I ever hoped it would be: charming, beautiful, fairytale-like, surrounded by nature, and distant views of the blue ridge mountains. It was perfect.

Since Goodstone is considered a "luxury inn" I was a little worried I would feel out of place or that the staff would seem snooty. However, I felt completely comfortable and everyone we met at Goodstone was very friendly and went out of their way to be as helpful as possible. Our original coordinator was Mackenzie and her position was later taken over by Sarah. Both of them were incredibly helpful and never made me feel like I was asking too many questions.

Their chef is amazing. Just take a look at some of the photos of the food on their Facebook page! Do you want to have a foodie wedding? If so, Goodstone is the place for you. They grow many of the vegetables on their property and use delicious seasonal ingredients. The food tasting was definitely one of the highlights of the planning process! Also, despite have only 50 guests at our wedding, a fairly large percentage had some type of food allergy and Goodstone was able to easily accommodate all of them without missing a beat.

We decided to rent out the Dutch Cottage for our wedding night and it was adorable. It is a cute stone cottage that belongs in the English countryside. The staff also left us thoughtful touches like mini chocolate chip cookies by the bedside and makeup remover wipes and bath bombs next to the claw foot tub. Because we chose to stay on site, we got to eat a complimentary breakfast the next day, which was (obviously) delicious.

We didn't have to rent anything for the wedding because Goodstone provides chairs for the ceremony, tablecloths and settings, a podium, outdoor heaters (which we used for our outdoor cocktail hour and dancing after dinner), a speaker for music, essentially everything we needed! Their pianist also happened to be visiting the weekend of our wedding, so we had live music during dinner! If you aren't as much of a penny-pincher as I am, they also have information for a bunch of local options for everything from renting furniture to flowers, to hair and makeup.

I cannot say enough good things about Goodstone. Thank you so much for making our wedding day so perfect, easy, and memorable!
  • Kathleen
    Kathleen Married on 08/18/2019

Beautiful location

Location was perfect for our wedding.
    Great service and food. Will be back for our firs anniversary next year!!!
    Regina Married on 08/25/2016
    My husband and I just had our wedding at The Goodstone Inn, and our entire experience was superb! We had originally chosen the Goodstone for the wonderful location, vistas, and excellent restaurant, but we ended up falling in love with the Goodstone after working with the staff. From planning to day-of logistics, the staff at the Goodstone exceeded all of our expectations. The Goodstone made our wedding the most magical, beautiful, and stress free day!

The Goodstone Restaurant catered our small wedding dinner, and needless to say, the food was divine and our guests raved about every dish. The wine pairings and champagne were spot-on, and the service was terrific!

We highly recommend the Goodstone - for weddings and relaxing get-aways! Give them a call/go-visit - it was the best decision we made!
  • Lisa
    Lisa Married on 08/20/2016
    I had the most wonderful wedding at the most breathtaking venue that ever existed. It was love at first sight for me. We drove up the long narrow driveway into the Goodstone property and I literally had tears in my eyes when we pulled up to the ivy facade. Words can not explain how absolutely perfect our wedding day was.
    Janice Married on 11/07/2015
    We looked around at several venues. In the end, we decided to have our wedding at the Goodstone Inn because of the personal feel and attentiveness of the staff. We had a small intimate wedding at the Manor House. The entire Goodstone staff is incredibly kind and helpful. Austin Ankers is very responsive and flexible to working with your needs and budget. Our wedding day was absolutely amazing and the Goodstone staff made it special. The views are unmatched and the food is incredible. We are already planning our anniversary visits!
  • User1820850 2+ years ago
    The team at Goodstone Inn was amazing through the entire process of planning our wedding. They worked with my husband and I to ensure our wedding was exactly as we envisioned it. All of our friends and family raved about how delicious the food was and how friendly and helpful the staff was.
    Catherine Married on 07/14/2013
    I had an absolutely gorgeous wedding and Goodstone Inn is one of the biggest reasons why. Its location is incredible. Set on a hilltop with varying vistas, it created the peaceful ambiance that I was so craving. The decor of the inn and restaurant includes great white French windows and a stone fireplace.
    Our wedding was a fairy tale and in great measure this was due to the staff at Goodstone. Dana Henry knew exactly what she was doing, and in an almost even more important sense, she knew exactly what I wanted. Small, intimate, natural yet elegant. She was fantastic about assisting with the critical logistics on our wedding day so that everything ran smoothly. She also made our families feel welcome and special.
    My outdoor wedding ceremony followed by a wonderful brunch reception was absolutely perfect. I have no doubt that any wedding at Goodstone would be just as beautiful. My thanks again to Dana and to the staff!

• User986381 2+ years ago
    My husband and I hosted a Rehearsal Dinner at the Goodstone Inn. It was not only a beautiful setting but well executed by a professional and personal staff. Weather was perfect, so cocktails and passed hors d'oeuvres poolside were a fun start to the evening. A formal dinner was held in the inn. The warm tones of the dining areas complemented the candlelight and soft colors in the floral arrangements. The florist was recommended by the Inn who was excellent! The Inn's event planner coordinated all staging details for the event including rentals needed confirming numbers, quality, and cleanliness of these items which included cloths, napkins, china, silver, glassware and chairs. The dining room staff was discreet and efficient and the chef provided a delicious and artfully presented meal. Every guest was delighted as were we allowing all to focus on the bride and groom and to enjoy a memorable evening. Many, many thanks to our team at the Goodstone. Words can never express our appreciation. I have not even mentioned our lodging at the Inn which worked so well for us on such an occasion. Our family of 5 stayed in the Manor House which is on property. I would recommend viewing it on-line as there is not enough room for its description here. But with that said, it was perfect for all of our preparations needed for a wedding weekend. It offered intimate and well appointed space for our family where we could enjoy each others company and excitement for the upcoming festivities. We even hosted extended family for a casual supper on the patio which overlooked a meadow dotted with wildflowers and the property's horses. Quite calming and scenic especially at dawn and sunset. Magical would be a good adjective to add to our experience at the Goodstone Inn.
    Michelle Married on 09/19/2015
    We had our rehearsal dinner at the Goodstone Inn and the restaurant prepared a gorgeous private setting for our dinner. I expected a private room for our 22 person group but it was outdoors with a tent and stunning lighting. You could have had a wedding reception there! The food was SO tasty! Even my picky parents who don't like upscale food loved their dinners. The wine selection was great as well! The restaurant surprised me with how above and beyond they went to provide us with a beautiful dinner. Thank you!!
    Jenni Married on 03/03/2012
    Our wedding at the Goodstone Inn was magical. The entire staff made us feel like we were getting married at home. The event was beautiful - everything we dreamed it would be and more.