Hollin Hall Pastry Shop

4.2
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

We described over the phone what we wanted and they created it! Excellent service and delightful cake!

Recently Married
4.1

It was a beautiful cake and was very good.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cakes here are so beautifully crafted to exactly what my husband and I wanted! We're not big cake eaters because traditionally cakes are overwhelmingly sweet. However, Hollin Hall has perfected it's craft. I had people telling me "I don't really like cake, but this is good!" And I agreed. Everyone enjoyed it and I couldn't have found a more perfect pastry shop!!

Recently Married

Our cake looked good, tasted great, and our guests enjoyed it, too, so we were quite satisfied with our decision to get our cake from Hollin Hall. My experience tasting at the shop was very positive - Jessica was friendly and helpful and made a great first impression. I found the shop a bit slow to respond to emails at times (a few days for most exchanges), but overall, every message I sent did get a response, and they were always helpful and friendly. We were happy with our wedding cake and would happily use Hollin Hall for future occasions.

1+ year ago
3.0

Our cake was a big hit at the wedding. Absolutely delicious! The decorator did a decent job with the cake design although it wasn't exactly what I envisioned. I would have liked to meet the cake decorator myself and discuss my vision in person.
I had some issues in communicating with the person who took our order at the bakery. We ordered one design and a few months later received an email that they won't be able to use flowers on the cake as planned. So we had to change the design and modify the contract that we had with the florist. A big headache. I was also frustrated with the estimated cost of the cake, as it was different from our initial contract.
Overall, I was so impressed with the cake flavor/texture/etc. (and so were my guests), that it overcame my negative experience in getting the order through.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Amazing work. Cake was spectacular in all facets! Delivery was awesome. Friendly staff. Very accommodating.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The cake was delicious and beautiful. Exactly what I wanted. They worked with me to ensure I was getting what I wanted, even though I changed my mind a few times along the way. Delivery was perfect. Worth every penny.

Kristin
08/18/2012

We used Hollin Hall for our wedding cake because our reception location manager recommended them. The cake was very yummy, and there were a lot of unique flavors you could choose. The cake was decorated beautifully and just as we had discussed. I just took off one star for responsiveness and professionalism because they didn't always respond quickly to my questions, and they didn't always come across as being as organized as a nervous bride might need to feel confident. But it all worked out in the end, so it didn't bother me that much.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Hollin Hall Pastry offers a wide variety of weddng cakes. My daughter is crazy about strawberries and worked with her to create exactly what she wanted.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Hollin Hall Bakery has THE most delicious cakes! While pricey for me, they were an excellent value compared to the others we tested and their reputation for drama free delivery can't be beat. I definitely recommend going in for the tasting. They give you like seven full size pieces of different flavours to taste and each one is more delicious than the next. My Sister, Fiance and I almost fell off our chairs when tasting the white chocolatee mouse and bavarian cream with fruit. They will customize to any shape or size you like and have look books for ideas. I cannot stress enough how tasty the cakes were, just fabulous!

0.5

I selected Hollin Hall Pastry Shop for my Wedding cake. My wedding was on September 24, 2011 and I had my tasting and ordered the cake in February 2011. On the day of my wedding the cake was delivered and before my guests went in to the ballroom my husband and I had the opoortunity to see the table setup as well as my flowers and cake. Needless to say I was absolutely HORRIFIED when I saw the cake!!!!!!!! I spent alot of time designing this cake by myself and had an extremely detailed drawing that was submitted to Hollin Hall. I have never in my life seen such a disasterous cake sitting on the cake table. The fondant was supposed to be chocolate brown instead it was this pinkish brown color and they were supposed to cascade burnt orange peonies down the cake when in fact they slapped one flower on the cake. I was also supposed to have wide bands of crystals going around the bottom of each tier and what I got was a very thin row of so called crystals that they ran out of so they just stopped in the middle of each tier when they ran out. The fondant had several dents and there was not one area of the cake that was smooth! I was mortified in front of my guests and literally had to cover the cake up with rose pedals that were on the cake table for decoration. When we went to cut the cake it was frozen! The next morning we called the bakery and spoke to one of the managers and the statement she made was "I am not surprised it left the shop in that condition". I am to this day still speechless how my day was ruined because of garbage that was supposed to be a wedding cake. I would never recommend this bakery to anyone.

2+ years ago

My wedding cake was delicious, beautiful, and delivered on time to the hotel. What more can you ask from a bakery?

Services Used: Wedding Cake

My wedding cake was amazing and so tasty.

I love their cakes so much, I have gone back for more cake and will continue to go back to them for my cake needs.

4.1

Our cake was fabulous and soo tasty!! Everyone loved it. We had four tiers, two with white chocolate mousse with fresh stawberries, and two lemon mousse tiers. People still keep complimenting me on the cake :)

3.4

We ordered a cake from Hollin Hall for our January wedding. The cake tasting was in October and went very well. All the cakes were delicious and they even gave us an extra slice of the chocolate mousse to take home. We decided on the chocolate mousse and white chocolate raspberry three tiered cake. Everything was set and confirmed. Two days before the wedding they called us and starting asking things like "What flavors did you order? How many peoeple are coming?" I asked why they need to know this again and they said that unfortunatley for the first time in the bakeries history they completely lost our order and they were trying to find a creative way of asking us EVERYTHING about our cake without telling us this. We spent another two hours on the phone re-describing what we wanted and when everything had to be delivered. I sent an email asking with a final count, and I asked them if they could do anything extra for us since we had already paid and we were ignored. The cake tasted great but I dont believe for a second that this is the first time this has happened.

4.3

The cake tasted great. I could not get anything done through email, there was never any responses. The flowers of my wedding were changed months before the wedding and she said it was no problem and that the change was noted, however the flowers on my cake were not the new flowers when the cake arrived. The cake is a major part of the reception and it was a big let down to have a beautiful cake that tasted great with the wrong flowers on it.