Fat Girl Cakes LLC

Responsiveness
Professionalism
Value
Flexibility

As a baker and cake decorator myself, it was important to me to have a beautiful cake that also tasted better than something I could make myself. Fat Girl Cakes easily met that expectation. During my initial tasting, I found her cakes to be moist and her frostings and fillings to not be overly sweet. She won me over with her red velvet, which is a true red velvet cake with a light chocolate flavor and slight red color (not the usual bright red, non-chocolatey stuff you get at some bakeries). Kristin was very easy to work with, had a wide variety of flavor options and a wide range of decorating techniques in both buttercream and fondant, so I felt like I could do just about anything I wanted with those cakes. I also found her to be very adaptable, adding a groom's cake to my order after it took me months to figure out what I wanted the groom's cake to look like. She successfully delivered the fully assembled cakes after negotiating a treacherous hilly driveway for my venue. The guests loved the cake, and even carted off an unused tier to the hotel for breakfast the next morning. She offers a fresh anniversary tier for your first anniversary as an option. We accepted this option rather than having to deal with a cake in our freezer, and we are greatly looking forward to that cake 11 months from now.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Kristin is amazing! Great price, great taste, gorgeous cakes, excellent communication, extremely pleasant to work with. I cannot say enough great things and I cannot recommend fat girl cakes enough! You will not regret getting a cake from Kristin!!!!!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

I can't say enough wonderful things about my cake from Fat Girl Cakes. I had a 3 tier cake, 2 layers were pumpkin with cream cheese filing and one layer was a butter cake with a to-die-for caramel sauce. I had a cake for 110 people but only had about 90 guests. We had 6 slices left, it was clearly a hit! Kristen was easily accessible and knew her stuff. It looked exactly as I had envisioned my cake. You'll be nothing but happy if you choose Fat Girl Cakes!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Kristin provided several custom cakes and three dozen cupcakes for our daughter's wedding reception. We couldn't have been more pleased with the results of her efforts, especially the sublime taste, moistness, and beauty of her creations. From the initial cake-tasting to the finished product beautifully arranged and displayed by Kristin's own hand, our expectations were exceeded in every way. Our guests raved over every bite. Fat Girl Cakes, LLC will be our cake baker of choice for the future weddings of our two younger daughters as well, rest assured! Thank you, Kristin, for providing a very sweet ending to a very lovely day for our daughter and her new husband. Elizabeth K.

Services Used: Wedding Cake

The best tasting wedding cake I've EVER had! Kristin went above and beyond!! If your cake is important to you, I can't imagine ever hiring anyone else :)

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Kristin was wonderful! Our tasting was free of charge and she even brought a special piece of prior to the wedding she provided us with an additional (larger) sample of the flavors that we had selected (again free of charge). We ordered a three-tiered almond white cake with white chocolate buttercream and semi-sweet ganache inside. It was the best wedding cake I have ever tasted and we received several compliments on it from our guests. Not only was it delicious, but also stunningly gorgeous! I would recommend Fat Girl Cakes to anyone seeking a cake for any occasion.

Private User
1+ year ago

Kristen is wonderful! We came to her with three different cake ideas and she blended them into one cake that was absolutely beautiful! We went with red velvet and pumpkin both of which were absolutely delicious. Cannot recommend Fat Girl Cakes enough!

Private User
1+ year ago

Simply fantastic! Words can not describe how delighted I was with Kristen and our fantastic cakes! She is so very patient,creative and an absolute delight to work with. Being 1000 miles from our venue and doing everything online and phone. She made it fun and stress free. Her work is simply stunning and the cake tasted delicious. Oh and she is not lying about making fondant taste great. We had 3 cakes, each with different types of cake. They were all wonderful! She was prompt and very efficent. Not to mention the venue was so far in the woods most would have given up!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Kristin is such an amazing person to work with! Her cakes are DELICIOUS and she is such a professional. Her personality is really what won us over though - she's so lovely and friendly and my entire family absolutely love her. She's was so easy to work with and really aimed to get to know us as a couple to personalise our cake. She made both a gorgeous wedding cake and groom's cake. We are currently living in London and she was so accommodating of that - she suggested that we hold off on the 'anniversary tier' until we are back in the US since we couldn't travel on a plane with it so she kindly offered to make it for us whenever we were back in town. You won't regret working with her!

Beth
10/04/2013

Kristen's cakes and cupcakes were AMAZING. Everyone raved about them! Kristen was willing to work with us and was very flexible when my daughter changed her mind about flavors and icing colors. We had a wonderful time at our private tasting, and knew right away we wanted her to be my daughter's cake maker. Kristen is very reasonably priced for the amazing work she does.

Jessica
10/04/2013

The best cupcakes we have ever tasted!! Not only did they taste wonderful, but they looked absolutely gorgeous. Kristin helped to make our vision a reality. She has some of the best flavor combinations using fresh ingredients. She was also flexible with changes we made before the wedding. You will not be disappointed with Fat Girl Cakes!

Carol
09/28/2013

Kristen was great to work with for my daughters wedding. We had a small cake for the immediate family and an assortment of cupcakes for our guests. Everything tasted great and we could not have been happier with our selections!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

This is the baker to contact if you want a fabulous wedding cake. The cake was stunningly beautiful with every detail that we wanted. Everyone at the wedding agreed it was the most delicious wedding cake they ever had. With the wedding in Culpeper, Va , my daughter living in OH and me the mother of the bride in FL it was necessary for me to place our order via emails. Kristin responded quickly and communicated well with us every step of the way. I'd give her 10 stars but the review only allows five!

Beth
06/02/2013

Awesome! Beautiful & delicious cake. I would recommend this company.

Michele
04/13/2013

Kristin of Fat Girl Cakes was incredible. Our wedding cake could not have been more beautiful and tasty. Kristin took our vision and flawlessly made it happen. All of our guests adored the cake and could not get over how great it tasted. Kristin was very professional, attentive, and friendly from start to finish. Cannot wait to work with her again in the future. I would and will be recommending her to everyone I know!

Services Used: Wedding Cake

Kristin at Fat Girl Cakes is awesome! From all the beautiful designs she's done to the delicious flavors I tried. My cake was gorgeous and exactly what I was hoping for. I showed Kristin a picture of the cake I wanted and she replicated it perfectly! I chose unique flavors for fall (Pumpkin & Cinnamon Bun) and had so many compliments on how delicious my cake was. I tried both flavors and they were both equally delicious with great texture. I don't think anyone would ever be anything but satisfied with Kristin. Don't look elsewhere, her cakes are great!