Style & Grace Events Reviews

35 | Austin, TX

35 Reviews for Style & Grace Events

Katie · Married on 05/09/2015

Crystal Marek and her Style & Grace team really delivered, it was such a pleasure to work with them and they solved so many big problems (alcohol wasn't delivered! rain in the forecast!) and small problems (wedding crashers! cocktail hour location under construction!) that we were relieved to have her professionalism and expertise. In my first meeting with Crystal, we discussed several ideas for the wedding and how to fit them into our budget (whereas other planners I'd met with were quite vague with their "proprietary information"). She worked with me to customize a package that I could afford and helped us through every step of the process. She made appointments for me with other vendors, and attended the meetings with us. We shared a pinterest board to create a vision of what we wanted. Leading up to the wedding, we met to discuss the timeline of events down to the smallest detail (what song plays when grandma walks down the aisle?) and thankfully she had sent me her list of questions before the meeting so we could prepare. She also sent tipping guidelines, which we found very helpful. She kept in touch the week of the wedding to coordinate rain plans between us, the venue, and the caterer. On our wedding day, she brought two assistants who helped solve/pickup the botched alcohol delivery, sewed some dress straps in, pulled leaves out of the bottom of my dress between photo shoots, moved decor around, and brought us appetizers and drinks when we needed them. I think our parents especially were relieved not to have to do all this. Crystal even surprised us on our wedding day with a golf cart to drive us out to a nearby field of flowers for photos! It was so thoughtful of her, heaven knows I wouldn't have wanted to walk the dusty half mile in my dress out there! We enjoyed every moment of working with Crystal and would recommend her as the best planner in Austin.

Sent on 05/29/2015

Charity Siebelink · Married on 05/31/2014

Crystal and her team at Style & Grace Events were wonderful! I didn't know the first thing about planning a wedding nor did I ever imagine how stressful it would be. Crystal was right there beside me every step of the way. She helped me save money, time and reduced my stress. She helped me pick out vendors who did a fabulous job! On the day of the wedding she took care of every detail and I was able to enjoy every moment!

Sent on 06/19/2014

Cynthia · Married on 05/10/2014

Crystal Marek and her staff created the perfect wedding for our daughter, Kristen. She planned, orchestrated an executed an amazing event. I was most impressed by the attention to Kristen throughout the evening of the wedding....there was someone always there to make sure Kristen was looked after and had everything she needed. Crystal and her staff worked tirelessly to ensure that this wedding was very special. I would highly recommend Style and Grace Events!

Sent on 05/28/2014

Stephanie · Married on 05/03/2014

We used Brittany from Style & Grace events as our wedding planner and she was truly a pleasure to work with! Brittany is so sweet and thoughtful and helped make our big day a truly special one!! She was in contact with my vendors, helped with alllll the setup, and created a great timeline for us, which helped us to really enjoy our day without feeling stressed or rushed at all!! Our big day went by so smoothly and that is thanks to Brittany! Her hard work, dedication, and patience are much appreciated and it was truly a pleasure working with her!

Sent on 05/23/2014

Anne Elise · Married on 02/08/2014

Crystal and her entire team at Style & Grace Events are phenomenal! She exceeded every expectation I had for a wedding coordinator. We hired Crystal a few months after we got engaged for "month-of coordination" and I feel we got so much more. During our planning process she was very patient with my Mom and I and always provided great direction and fabulous vendor recommendations. We were able to rent several items from Style & Grace (linens, decor, etc) which was convenient and turned out great. Our wedding day was so smooth and enjoyable because of how efficient, attentive, thorough, and detailed oriented Crystal and her staff were - AND they all smiled and were so pleasant to us and our guests. I also must mention Crystal's assistant, Erin. She blew me away on my wedding day...she was so attentive to us and our parents. Thanks :)

Thank you so much for making our wedding exactly what we wanted!

Sent on 02/20/2014

Jordann · Married on 12/31/2013

Crystal is very professional and detail-oriented. From the beginning we hit it off with our common tastes. She has excellent intuition and really cares about not letting things fall through the cracks. She has great vendor relationships and a bevy of knowledge which she is happy to share. My wedding was special in that we planned it for out-of-state. She was ready and willing to accept this challenge and made it so much easier for me to enjoy the months leading up to my wedding. The wedding day (which I may mention was in FL and on a holiday) was seamless because of the support Crystal and her assistant provided my family and me. I felt very calm and prepared, which is all any bride could ask for. Everyone remarked on how helpful and reliable Crystal was. I am lucky I found Style & Grace Events, because I had no idea what I was doing and my wedding was everything I hoped it would be.

Sent on 04/16/2014

Daley · Married on 11/23/2013

I couldn't have asked for better help! My wedding day was a breeze. Even last minute changes due to rain didn't phase me bc Crystal had it all under control. She treats the family like royalty and all our parents and grandparents commented on how how attentive she was to everyone. I highly recommend Crystal!

Sent on 01/21/2014

Style & Grace Events's reply:

Thank you Daley, you were one beautiful bride & I'm happy the rain stopped long enough for y'all to get some amazing outdoor photos with the blue chair you loved! Best Wishes

Jennifer · Married on 11/16/2013

When I needed a wedding coordinator for my destination wedding, I did not know where to start, but then I contacted Crystal at Style and Grace and I knew right away that she would be able to help me. I believe that she went above and beyond to help me with my wedding. Crystal was so professional, organized and patient when I was indecisive. She reccomended the best vendors and my wedding went on without a hitch. All of my guests were so pleased with the wedding and the service that all of the vendors provided. I loved everything about my wedding and I am so glad that Crystal and her team were there to help. Crystal was able to take care of everything from pinning my dad's boutenniere when he had trouble with it to providing a bouquet for me to toss when I did not want to toss mine. Crystal and her team were phenomenal. I could not say enough good things about Style and Grace. A wedding is a very important day and you will be so happy when you have Crystal by your side helping you with everything. I was able to relax and enjoy my beautiful wedding. Thank you!

Sent on 01/21/2014

Style & Grace Events's reply:

Thank you Jennifer for your sweet review, enjoyed planning with you!

Taryn · Married on 11/03/2013

Style & Grace Events allowed us to truly have the wedding of our dreams. Without Crystal and Erin, I cannot imagine things would have gone so smoothly and been so completely effortless for us! We absolutely LOVED every vendor they set us up with and we both believe that we wouldn't have even found some of the fantastic vendors we used without Style & Grace on the hunt for us. We literally had the wedding of our dreams with everything we could ever imagine and Style & Grace just ran with it to make it happen!

They handled everything from the venue, to the timeline, the DJ, the photographer, flowers, food, and on and on and on! There were things we never even knew we needed to be prepared for and Crystal and her team just made it enjoyable and easy for us, without all the stress of planning the most important event of our lives! We showed up on our special day ready to go and were blown away at how gorgeous everything came out! I showed a couple of photos to Style & Grace and they took care of every last detail and made sure we got exactly what we wanted when we didn’t even know what we wanted half the time! We didn’t have to worry about a thing during the entire planning process. They managed our budget and vendors, rehearsal and guests. We would definitely recommend Style & Grace to future brides out there!!

Sent on 11/11/2013

Alyson · Married on 10/18/2013

Crystal and her team surpassed all my expectation during our wedding process. We had our wedding at someone's home so we had to bring in everything from bathrooms to a stage and dance floor to a last minute tent. We were a little disappointed when we saw the forecast and it looked like rain was definitely happening on our big day. Crystal kept us calm and handled everything, the day really couldn't have happened with out her. I got to know Crystal over our year of planning and she has really become a friend, I would recommend her to anyone getting married.

Sent on 10/28/2013

Stephanie · Married on 09/26/2013

We used Style & Grace Events for our destination at Camp Lucy. Crystal Marek was on top of everything from the minute I contacted her to see of I could book her for our wedding. I highly recommend Crystal and her team at Style & Grace Events!!!

Sent on 10/07/2013

Tracey · Married on 03/09/2013

We hired Style and Grace Events soon after we were engaged, and we worked together through every step of the wedding for 15 months! When Crystal mentioned that we had unlimited emails, she meant it, and I definitely took it to the max. She was extremely professional and quick to reply through the planning. Crystal helped recommend all-star vendors, and helped us think outside of the box for others (we didn't want a wedding cake, so she helped us secure an ice cream sandwich food truck!) She was able to negotiate the contracts with our vendors to get us discounts from a lot of them. Crystal was a wonderful listener and confidant when I would be a "bridezilla" and need to vent about some small situation, and was always courteous with proper etiquette and protocol.

As the event neared friends asked if we were nervous and stressed about the wedding, and the answer was no-- we knew that the event would go off without a hitch because of Crystal, Mona-Lisa and Erin. Our guests were absolutely stunned by the details put into our wedding, and the fact that we were able to have fun and enjoy our reception! The Style and Grace team put in so many hours that weekend-- and they made sure that everything was perfect. The only thing that didn't go according to plan was the weather-- it was a little rainy, so we had to move the ceremony indoors to our "plan B." The ceremony was so beautiful that none of our guests knew that it was plan B-- and I know if Crystal would have had the power to make it not rain, she would have used it.

The Style and Grace team were helpful to our entire family during the ceremony and reception-- and they helped guide our event seamlessly without being in the way. They made sure we had food, and were always happy. I don't think anyone could have pulled off this event the way they did-- Crystal and her team truly made our wedding dreams come to life.

Sent on 03/31/2013

Gina · Married on 01/19/2013

I used Style and Grace Events for my wedding in January. I had hired them to help with the day of coordination and design of the wedding. I got WAY more than I expected. Crystal was absolutely incredible and very patient with me and my constant changes. I was able to tell her what I envisioned for my wedding and she turned my vision into the most beautiful wedding I could have asked for. Her staff on the day of were FANTASTIC!!!! Mona-Lisa and Erin were incredibly professional. I have gotten so many compliments on my wedding and the design. I only wish I would have hired them earlier. If I could give them a hundred stars I would. Thank you Style and Grace for making my wedding the most incredible day of my life.

Sent on 01/29/2013

Nicole · Married on 10/21/2012

When we started planning our wedding, we quickly realized that we had some challenges to overcome. We were planning the wedding from afar (we got married in Austin even though we lived in LA) and since we had a VERY tiny wedding party (just our siblings) we had less "helpers" than the usual large bachelor/bachelorette group. Our families were a huge help in the wedding planning and logistical process, but the last thing we wanted was my sister or our moms heading up the schedule on the day of the wedding and not be able to enjoy themselves. Enter Crystal and her assistant Erin. From day one we immediately knew that hiring her as our day-of coordinator was the single best decision we made during the entire wedding planning process. She gave us a list of vendors that fit our budget and our style, who had already confirmed that they were available on our wedding date, so we had a good place to start when we started digging in (this was immensely helpful since we were out-of-towners and were only going to be in Austin for two very short weekends before the big day). She was always available for questions and truly helped guide us with her immense event planning knowledge, helping us feel comfortable every step of the way. About a month before the wedding, we sat down and hashed everything out - I had been planning for months, and she wanted/needed to know every detail to make sure that I didn't need to worry about a thing. She also filled in the gaps in places where we weren't sure what we needed. The day of the wedding went so smoothly, everything went off without a hitch. Crystal and Erin were in control of every last detail and made it look so easy! Many of my family members commented on how wonderful they were - not only did they take care of me and my husband, but they were very aware of our immediate families as well and always made sure they were comfortable. I can't recommend Style and Grace Events enough.

Sent on 11/07/2012

Lindsay · Married on 10/07/2012

I cannot imagine my wedding day turning out as perfectly as it did without the help of Crystal and Erin at Style & Grace Events. If anything went wrong, we didn't know about it! Exactly what you want in a wedding planner and then some. I was planning an Austin wedding from Lubbock while studying for and taking the bar exam. I knew there was no way I would be able to remember to take care of all the important details. Crystal was patient with my sporadic communications and crazy schedule that didn't make it possible for us to meet in person until l a week before the wedding. Through our brief in-person encounter and various phone conversations, I felt confident that Crystal would make sure our special day went off without a hitch, and she exceeded my expectations.

I would without a doubt recommend Style & Grace Events to anyone needing

Sent on 10/28/2012

Catherine · Married on 09/22/2012

We hired Crystal of Style and Grace Events for Day of Wedding Coordinator, but got so much more.
    Leading up to the wedding Crystal promptly answered the many question that I had regarding etiquette, vendors, planning etc. Her responses were informative, reassuring, and helpful.

Meeting with her about a month before the wedding to set up a timeline for the wedding helped us ro visualize see how things would flow and relieved lots of stress.

The rehearsal ran smoothly because of Crystal. She was able to calmly and
    professionally organize and direct an excited wedding party of 20.

The wedding ran flawlessly. Crystal and her assistant, Erin, handled every detail perfectly, from before the start of the ceremony, to packing up the decorations .

Crystal has two people at a wedding , her and an assistant. My daughter said it was
    amazing how anytime she needed something one of them was by her side to assist her. I thought the same thing, all my questions and requests were immediately answered or fulfilled. For example, the groom's button came off his vest and was immediately fixed. They fixed my daughters bustle when it wouldn't stay up. I mentioned before the cake was cut that I couldn't wait to taste it and a piece was brought to my table.

Our guests commented on how kind and helpful they were. Our venue manager said she
    has never seen any coordinators work so hard and she wishes Ceystal could be at all their weddings!

Having Crystal coordinate the wedding relieved me of so much stress, both before and
    during the wedding. I totally enjoyed every minute of my daughters wedding because I knew Crystal had everything under control.

Crystal's services were worth every penny and more. I recommend Style and Grace Events 100%

Catherine Schomaker

Sent on 10/10/2012

Rachelle · Married on 08/11/2012

My wedding day was perfect thanks to Crystal and her Style & Grace team. The time and effort she put into helping me plan every detail was pricless! Crystal was very professional and so easy to communicate with. I can't express how grateful I am for the services of Style & Grace Events!

Sent on 09/06/2012

Jenny · Married on 08/04/2012

Style & Grace Events were very professional and provided good service. Our reception ran smoothly, and they were very responsive to any issues that came up. I would definitely recommend them for any event!

Sent on 08/31/2012

Crystal gives careful attention to details, as well as an overall perspective of an event. She is responsive to special requests. Crystal is gifted with handling difficult people and solving problems.

Sent on 06/30/2012

Kristin · Married on 04/28/2012

Crystal and the Style & Grace team were our day-of coordinator team and they were great. I went into the process wanting someone that would listen to my ideas (and tell me they were awesome!) and be there for the day of the wedding. She went into our first meeting extremely organized and proactive and that made me really comfortable. She was always quick to respond to my emails and had great ideas. I spoke with several different coordinators before choosing Style & Grace, and found that no one was as prepared and organized as Crystal. She had pre-meeting questions and worksheets and really wanted to know our style and needs. She was very accommodating to our last minute questions and changes of plans. When the wedding day came around the Style & Grace team helped create a great "flow" for the evening and if anything went wrong I had no idea! I appreciate the Style & Grace team being there for our day and helping to make our wedding magical!

Sent on 05/23/2012

Kristen · Married on 04/21/2012

Crystal did an absolutely fabulous job in helping during the planning phase, the actual event, and the clean up. My husband and I are both only children and thus didn't know at all what to do/where to start with weddings, etc.... If it were not for Crystal's (and her assistant, Phoenix's) help during this process, we could have easily been wandering around our ceremony aimlessly (not at all knowing where to be and when) and we may not have had a ride to pick us up at the end of the evening. Our only regret is not hiring her sooner!

Sent on 05/02/2012

Cheryl · Married on 04/21/2012

I can’t say enough nice things about Crystal Marek and her event coordinating via her company, Style and Grace Events. I hired Crystal to provide me with her (what I thought was) “day of/week of” services as the wedding coordinator for our daughter’s April 21, 2012 wedding. My only regret is that I didn’t hire her sooner and for a bigger package to thus avail myself of MORE from her. I had been told by many people something to the effect of “Oh, you really don’t need a wedding coordinator!” HA! I don’t know what I would have done without her! Although as the wedding drew nearer, I continued requesting more of her and she accommodated, using her from the very beginning would have been much easier for me and would have definitely given her a better planning horizon to help me. I was just lucky she was able to tack some more services on as I requested them. Crystal takes a strong, soft-spoken lead in coordinating her assigned event with grace and dignity. I had heard horror stories of wedding coordinators YELLING at the wedding participants, etc., but Crystal and her precious assistant Phoenix just took quiet control, almost totally relieving me. Although by the time I contracted Crystal I had already signed with quite a few vendors, I took her recommendations for most of the remaining vendors and was very pleased. She developed a timeline for us to follow, contacted/coordinated all of our vendors ahead of time, and then DURING the wedding day itself… OMG… Crystal and Phoenix were WONDERFUL! If you are considering enlisting Crystal’s services, just know that she is experienced beyond her years, she has an extremely calm demeanor WHICH IS EXACTLY WHAT A BRIDE-TO-BE AND THE MOTHER OF A BRIDE-TO-BE NEED, and she has many good contacts in the wedding services/vendors field. Also, consider that much of what you pay for her services is really returned to you in your time, your peace of mind, and, something you might not have considered… a reduced amount that you pay your vendors as she can actually get you better rates than had you contracted said vendors directly. GO CRYSTAL, GO STYLE AND GRACE EVENTS! I highly recommend them!

Sent on 05/02/2012

Konyi · Married on 09/03/2011

We hired Crystal for "Just the Basics" Wedding Planning Package for our daughter's wedding. She developed a very effective schedule for the day and executed it flawlessly. She was extremely organized, professional, and prompt. She listened to the bride & groom's vision and made their dream wedding come true. As parents of the bride, it was so awesome to just be able to relax and enjoy our friends & family, as we were confident she had everything under control.

Sent on 09/06/2011

lindsay · Married on 09/03/2011

I highly recommend Crystal and her staff! Our wedding day could not have gone any more smoothly thanks to all of their help. Instead of working all day our parents got to enjoy the event as much as we did. Great organization and so much less stress for our whole wedding party!

Sent on 09/10/2011

Rachel · Married on 06/11/2011

Crystal with Style & Grace was attentive, professional, and very helpful. They made the wedding day easy for us. Thanks again!

Sent on 06/26/2011