Olive & Belle Events Reviews

41 | Austin, TX

41 Reviews for Olive & Belle Events

Jessica Schmerler · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Hire Olive and Belle, you won't regret it!

Sydney was an absolute pleasure to work with. We hired Olive and Belle for full service wedding planning and worked with Sydney for several months. She is extremely organized and responsive and I really appreciated how she outlined “homework” for me each month so that I knew exactly what I should be doing and so that everything stayed on schedule. Wedding planning is not easy and very time consuming and my husband and I both work full time demanding jobs and we simply did not have any extra time to plan a wedding. That’s where Olive and Belle comes in! Sydney was a life saver. Now for the good part…the wedding!! Wedding day was absolutely perfect, honestly the best day of our lives. Everything ran very smoothly thanks to Sydney and her team. I had multiple guests mention to me how the evening flowed so well and how organized everything was. I had literally nothing to worry about the day of the wedding because Sydney had planned every detail. As a fellow Type A organization freak, I was SO impressed with how detailed the day of schedule was that she provided me and my family. We knew where to be and what was happening up to the minute, which was very impressive. I am sure I am forgetting a lot of details to share, but the point is that our wedding was perfect and every detail was thought out (the vibe, the romantic lighting, flowers, music, food, dessert, etc). I also forgot to mention that all of the vendors Sydney set us up with were spectacular, seriously every single one. I have no complaints and would not have done anything differently. Trust me, you will be in great hands if you decide to hire Olive and Belle for your wedding planning needs!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Samantha Glenn · Married on 11/05/2019

The best money we spent on our wedding

From the moment I first spoke to Sydney, the owner, I knew she was the right person to plan our wedding. We were doing everything long-distance (we live in NY) and we needed someone on the ground to recommend vendors and manage everything. We also really didn't want a wedding that looked thrown together, and hired Olive and Belle to help us with a cohsive design that didn't look like any other wedding but our own. We couldn't have been happier with all of the services that they provided. Sydney and Amy (the designer) were amazing. They put together mood boards for us and really kept our preferences in mind, and had fun with us as we ran with some out-of-the-ordinary ideas! Sydney was incredibly responsive and I never for a moment worried that she would drop the ball or not come through in anyway. I can't recommend Olive & Belle enough!

Sent on 06/03/2019

Danielle Maddox · Married on 04/26/2019

Dream Team!

If Olive and Belle is available for your wedding date, bring them on as a part of your team! This could very well be the best decision you make leading up to your wedding (except for choosing your life partner!). The Olive & Belle team truly cares about the overall goal of a wedding and are more than just a "biz".

From our first phone call, I felt at ease working with Vivian. Vivian is exceptionally organized and kept my planning on track while making sure I was having fun with the process. And let's get real, planning a wedding can be more stressful than fun! She was always a quick email or text away, and I felt totally at ease with her.

She is also incredibly sweet, guiding and firm when needed -- all while being flexible to us making the wedding our own. She never batted an eye if we wanted to go against a tradition, or if we wanted to Rick Roll all our guests mid-ceremony.

Vivian was able to leverage her relationship with our venue's tent vendor to setup a tent share with another wedding at our venue that same weekend. She also kept a close eye on vendor contracts the final few days and caught a few errors (like the price of our cocktail tables skyrocketing all of the sudden). Both saving us money and a big headache!

We had quite a bit to coordinate on the day of and Olive and Belle brought a great team to make sure everything went smoothly. The owner, Sydney, was present for setup & overheard the groom and I troubleshooting what to do about getting power to our computer monitor that we forgot the chord for. She brilliantly thought to borrow a monitor power chord from the venue's office, saving us from having to send a family member on an extra last-minute errand. Vivian had her right-hand present as well, Nicole. Nicole had an emergency kit and was able to help my nephew with his first aid needs after a scratch. And Vivian kept us moving all day, knowing when to move the events forward or to let us enjoy an extra few minutes of talking with friends before pulling us aside to cut the cake.

In the end, everything felt flawless. I doubt there were, but if there were any last-minute emergencies in those final days leading up to the wedding, I had NO IDEA about it. I am so thankful that I had Vivian and her team there to execute everything beautifully.

Sent on 06/05/2019

Megan Breeland · Married on 12/01/2018

Love, love, LOVE Olive & Belle!

I used the 'month-of' coordinating service, and could not have been happier. We worked with Vivian, whom I can't compliment enough. She is knowledgeable, patient, creative and professional. We were able to relax (as much as possible!) and actually enjoy the day knowing we were in such capable hands on the big day. Also, her vendor recs were outstanding, and honestly I think helped us save at least the cost of the planning services. Best choice in wedding planning that I made!

Sent on 12/05/2018

Megan · Married on 11/10/2018

Fantastic!

I originally met Vivian when she planned my sisters wedding. I liked her so much, and she did such a great job that I hired her for my own. Vivian was amazing to work with. She was organized and kept us on top of our to do list... Also on budget. She had such great ideas, listen to what we were looking for, and executed it to perfection. our wedding could not of been more beautiful. I would highly recommend her and everyone else at Olive & Belle for your wedding. You will not regret it!

Sent on 12/07/2018
  • Y

Yoonie · Married on 04/15/2018

After my original month-of coordinator could no longer commit to my wedding because of a pregnancy, I was in a scramble to find someone else. Luckily, Olive & Belle was available for my day. I would truly have been lost without Anastasia, who was my month-of angel! Planning a wedding in Texas when you live in NYC isn’t the easiest, but I was in great hands with Olive & Belle from the moment I signed the contract. They thought of EVERYTHING and did it with such professionalism and grace.

The day of the wedding went so smoothly because of Anastasia and Amy. They set up my decor and made everything run on schedule. I’m so lucky to have had the opportunity to work with them. You should absolutely have a consultation with them because they will win you over!!!

Sent on 04/16/2018

Olive & Belle Events's reply:

Thank you for the kind words, Yoonie! We were so happy and giddy to work with you. Anastasia had all of the nice things to say about you and your family; we only hope every wedding and couple is as wonderful as you.

Kaitlin Maloney · Married on 04/07/2018

Amazing! Stunning! Perfection!

Olive & Belle was an instrumental part of my wedding day!! During the majority of my wedding prep, I was out of town and otherwise occupied with professional school. Vivian, with Olive & Belle, was literally INCREDIBLE in planning my wedding. She understood my vision and helped bring my 250-guest, Austin, TX wedding event to life. Our ceremony was is Austin at St. John Neumann Catholic church followed by reception at Camp Lucy. She was professional, timely, organized, extremely sweet, and coordinated with all vendors (including Whim catering, Blind Date Austin Band, Mint Photography, Waterloo films, and many more). SHE WAS THE ENTIRE PACKAGE. She made sure I had everything on my wish list and must have list while keeping us on budget! She even had decor available for last minute things that I forgot to bring. She thought of all the things that we didn't. My wedding would not have been complete without her! Olive & Belle's work was so perfect that my sister hired her the day after my wedding to help plan her wedding. Would 10/10 recommend Olive & Belle Events!!

Sent on 12/10/2018

Aaron · Married on 11/19/2017

Vivian and Amy were a joy to work with! I worked with them as a DJ for a complex wedding with many events/location changes and a very large wedding party and they made it run incredibly smoothly. They were highly organized and responsive in the weeks leading up to the event and ran the night like the pros they are, putting together a magical night for the bride and groom (who were, needless to say, extremely happy with Olive and Belle). I'll be recommending them to my clients from now on and look forward to working together again!

Sent on 11/20/2017

Marissa · Married on 11/11/2017

I just photographed and filmed a wedding where Vivian and Anastasia were the coordinators and they did an amazing job! They were such a joy to work with throughout the planning process and were quick to answer any of my emails about the timeline. During bride and groom portraits the couple even mentioned how much they loved Vivian and Anastasia; they handled every detail of the day perfectly. I would recommend Olive & Belle to my family, friends, and other vendors. They were a dream to work with and I want them to be the coordinator for all my future weddings, no exaggeration. -Marissa, ML Photo & Film

Sent on 11/16/2017

Jackie · Married on 11/11/2017

We had the pleasure of working with Olive and Belle for our special day. During our search for a coordinator, Sydney stood out to us with her sweet, welcoming energy and demeanor. Sydney’s professionalism and experience was impressive, not to mention her gorgeous business materials! Before officially coming on board with us, Sydney went over and beyond and helped us manage a mini crisis with the planned ice cream truck for our wedding. Sydney took time out of her personal vacation to provide advice and guidance without hesitation. This is just one of the many ways that speaks to Sydney’s dedication to her couples, and her work. When Sydney officially came on board, we felt a huge weight lifted and trusted that Sydney and her team would manage all of the necessary details. From the phone calls, to the shared documents, our confidence and trust never swayed in Sydney, as she made the experience not only a positive one, but one with minimal stress. Sydney’s professionalism was “on point” throughout our whole experience, and it showed in each step of the process. On the day of our wedding, Sydney and her team gave life to our wedding dream and it was truly a magical evening. Sydney paid such attention to detail and took the time to really get to know us as a couple that even her executive decisions were perfectly in line with what we wanted. Everyone from our guests, to family members, and our wedding party spoke highly and positively of Sydney and her team. Sydney and her team flawlessly executed the details of our wedding, such as unpacking/packing our wedding décor to managing the timeline, to tending to our needs, etc. all the while being in her third trimester of her pregnancy…talk about being a boss!!! We can’t thank Olive and Belle enough for everything they did for us, as our wedding was more than we could have wished for!
    Jackie & Michelle

Sent on 11/19/2017
  • I

Ivy · Married on 10/28/2017

Choosing Sydney and Olive & Belle Events as our month-of and day-of coordinator was absolutely one of the best decisions we made for our wedding! Trusting someone to pull off the perfect day that you've planned and envisioned for the last year is definitely not easy, but the moment I first talked to Sydney on the phone, she put me right at ease. I felt like I was talking to an old friend, and I knew that she would do a fantastic job bringing our big day to life with her professionalism, super organized process, and calm, sweet personality :) I couldn't be happier with Sydney and the Olive & Belle Events team. From the day Sydney came on board, she was on top of everything! Reaching out to my vendors, and creating the perfect timeline and schedule for the big day. She even went above and beyond to make a Saturday venue walk-through happen, since I live in Houston and couldn't take the time off work to come on a weekday. It was such a blessing to be able to relax during the final month, and working with Olive & Belle Events was one of the best investments we made for our wedding. Every little detail turned out exactly as I envisioned, and Sydney kept me calm during the final few weeks and on the day, and I just couldn't ask for more! Even my bridesmaids who've had their own weddings and experiences with coordinators in the last few years were raving about how impressed they were with Sydney. I can't recommend Olive & Belle Events highly enough to other brides. If you're considering Olive & Belle for your wedding, absolutely GO FOR IT! It'll be one of the best decisions you make.

Sent on 11/24/2017

Lauren · Married on 07/02/2017

Olive and Belle is a premier wedding planning service in the Greater Austin Area. The package we chose to use was the full service wedding planning and coordinating. This was the best option for us, as my husband and I do not live in the Austin area and we had very little time to commute and plan the wedding ourselves. The owner of the company, Sydney Campbell, is amazing. We worked with Sydney starting with the venue search. Sydney took us to tour the venues we were interested in, which allowed us to meet with the venue representatives and see firsthand what each venue had to offer. There was not one detail that was overlooked when it came time to decide on which venue was right for us. Once we selected our venue, Sydney then set us up to work with Vivian for the rest of the wedding planning process. Vivian was very detail orientated and patient with us, which was extremely helpful especially when it came down to deciding on the decor, color scheme, food and drink menu, flowers, music, etc. (All of which was rather new to us!) She took the time to really get to know us and know what kind of wedding we were wanting. Both Sydney and Vivian checked in every couple weeks, giving us detailed reports of where we were at planning wise. Furthermore, Sydney and Vivian recommended every single vendor we used. Not only did they provide the vendor recommendations, but they even did the planning and coordinating with each vendor. They really took care of the hard work and left us just with the fun tasks such as finalizing our menu selection and approving the floral arrangements. When our big day was finally here, Sydney and Vivian had us completely covered. From the rehearsal, to waking up on the wedding day, to actually walking down the aisle, they had the timeline scheduled with not one detail missing at all. We would recommend Olive and Belle to anyone who is wanting a truly magical wedding planning experience, and we are thankful we used them for our special day!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Sarah · Married on 04/23/2017

Keywords that describe Sydney at Olive + Belle Events: Professional - Organized - Delightful
    I got engaged February 2015 and married on April 23rd, 2017... a 2 year engagement! My partner and I thought we could do the whole thing ourselves, but after a year of DIY planning it was evident we needed help. That's where Sydney came to the rescue!
    We met 2x a month for about 6 months where we brainstormed, planned, and made decisions in a timely manner. She gave us homework and kept us on schedule with a list of priorities. I loved it! I felt totally at ease knowing things were going along according to schedule. Sydney is super sweet and very professional! When life got crazy the month before my wedding, Sydney was there to reassure us that everything for the wedding was under control and that was one thing I didn’t have to worry about.
    On the wedding day she and her assistant seemed to be everywhere all at once, making sure everything was running smoothly. Being one who likes to “run the show” I felt like I could actually enjoy the most important day of my life because Olive + Belle Events was in charge of the whole production. I will be recommending Sydney and Olive + Belle Events to every bride-to-be I know! She really is a life saver!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Lori · Married on 03/26/2017

When I started planning my wedding, I knew I would need a day-of coordinator to make sure everything went according to plan on my wedding day. My husband and I did all of the planning ourselves, but were looking for a coordinator to run the show and make sure we thought of everything. I spoke with 4 different coordinators before meeting Sydney, all with different levels of experience and pricing. Each of those coordinators listened to my wedding plans during our initial meeting and tried to make changes or “suggestions” that would require me to overhaul the vision my husband and I had for our wedding. However, once I met with Sydney, I knew that she was not going to push me to change my ideas, vendors, etc., but would take my ideas, however simple they may be, and put them into action.
    Sydney is extremely organized and was easy to communicate with. Sydney started working with me a month and a half before our wedding to make sure our plans were coming together. She made sure that I was on top of everything so that she could be too. On our wedding day, she and her assistant Gabby were there to make sure my husband and I were taken care of, but they were also behind the scenes, keeping everything going. My husband and I were able to relax and enjoy our wedding day without being stressed or worried because Olive & Belle took care of everything for us. If you are a DIY Bride and are on the fence about hiring a coordinator for your wedding, go talk to Sydney! You can do all the work leading up to the wedding, then pass everything off to Sydney and her team for the actual event so you can enjoy it! Their services are reasonably priced, and are well worth it. I could not have had the wedding I wanted without them and highly recommend them to anyone looking for a coordinator.

Sent on 04/17/2017

Natsumi · Married on 03/12/2017

Vivian did an amazing job preparing for my baby shower! It was a dreams come true shower that surpassed my expectations! I've been looking at Pinterest a lot to get inspiration, but with her magic my own baby shower looked like a picture perfect page from Pinterest! I couldn't thank her enough!!!

Sent on 11/07/2016

Blake · Married on 01/20/2017

I would have given 6 stars if it were possible! Sydney was our dream wedding coordinator. She was not only super-professional and organized, but the nicest, sweetest person you would ever want to meet. We checked out Austin's 'top' wedding planners and my daughter decided on Sydney because of the interviews she had with Sydney. We couldn't be more happy, seriously. She organized everything perfectly, made excellent suggestions, catered to my daughter like it was her own wedding, and if my wife could talk me into it, we would adopt her as our second daughter! She is really worth twice what we paid her, and so I feel as though we really got our money's worth. All the vendors, including the officiant, had worked with her before, and just raved about her. I can't imagine a better wedding coordinator in Austin. She is Austin's best kept secret!

Sent on 02/20/2017

Katie · Married on 01/07/2017

There are so many wonderful things I could say about Sydney. She truly listened to my every concern, understood what I wanted my wedding to be like, and took care of everything flawlessly! She removed so much stress with her organization and communication. She made the day of my wedding an absolute dream come true! Above all, working with Sydney is like gaining a new friend, or sister. We LOVE Sydney!

Sent on 02/21/2017

Lauren · Married on 12/18/2016

I had a wonderful experience with Olive & Belle. My ceremony and reception were wonderfully organized! Everything fell into place nicely for the wedding day. Sydney was extremely responsive to my wishes, helpful in making detailed decisions regarding timeline of events and guest services, respectful of the wedding vendors and guests, and a calming presence overall. I highly recommend her services!

Sent on 01/04/2017

Liz · Married on 10/16/2016

We had our reception at a local restaurant, which was great. But we really needed someone who knew how to run a wedding to keep the reception moving and make sure little wedding issues were taken care of. I am SO glad we hired Olive & Belle. Vivian was our coordinator and she did such a great job, both moms commented on how professional, kind, and organized she was.

Two big things that stood out to me: I missed the second cake deposit, and Vivian let me know via email. I responded apologizing, and mentioned I was a little overwhelmed. Not 15 minutes later, she calls me, almost 8pm, to check in and calm me down. It was so sweet of her and she instantly made me feel better. The second big thing she took control of was our pianist who didn't show up on time to our rehearsal. She got him on the phone, got him to the church, and my best friend heard her sternly discuss with him how important this was. I was getting upset that we hadn't head our music but she took total control and he was early on the wedding day.

Vivian was attentive to detail, organized beyond organized, and I also just enjoyed her company at our wedding. Your coordinator is around you a lot like your photographer, and it's important you like them. It was so easy to like Vivian, and the best part was she let us enjoy our own wedding because we knew everything was handled. That was priceless.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Olive & Belle Events's reply:

Thank you for the kind words Liz! We loved being a part of your wedding day.

Cassie · Married on 10/16/2016

Sydney and her team are great! I was super impressed throughout the entire process of planning at how organized and knowledgable they were. I don't know that I would have known all of the little details that needed my attention without them. The day of the wedding, having the team was invaluable. It was so great to have people asking someone else questions while we celebrated! I would definitely recommend booking Olive & Belle to help ease the stress of your big day!

Sent on 11/20/2016

Kelli · Married on 09/15/2016

I recently worked with Sydney on a special event, and she was amazing!! She is very quick to respond to emails, super organized, and knows how to run a successful event. Sydney is a true professional, with a sweet spirit and warm personality. Olive & Belle Events is wonderful!! <3

Sent on 09/21/2016

ANASTASIA · Married on 09/03/2016

Sydney's services are invaluable! We had not budgeted for a wedding planner, and did not plan to hire one, but Sydney came highly recommended from another bride. After our initial meeting, I was sold! She is so sweet, calming, detail-oriented and organized. All the things you want and need in a wedding coordinator! She took the reigns and ironed out ever detail for our big day. She helped trouble shoot and seamlessly adjusted things as needed, and as I requested!

Leading up to our day, she was extremely responsive and helpful. I never felt like any question or detail was too small or insignificant. She was professional but comfortable, and made sure that every detail was looked after!

Looking back, I could NOT have had the perfect wedding day without her! She is AMAZING!

Sent on 09/14/2016

Rebecca · Married on 09/02/2016

Sydney was our wedding planner, and I have only positive things to say about her! The first time we spoke, I felt like she completely understood the vision of what I was going for. I have a busy job and didn't have a ton of time to dedicate solely to wedding planning, so hired her for full planning and design. She did such a good job recommending vendors who were a good fit, and then coordinating the whole process of booking people. The few times something was a little off or I wasn't obsessed with an idea, she was quick to come up with alternatives and coordinate those changes. She is incredibly responsive, professional, and as a bonus- probably one of the nicest people I've ever met. Our wedding turned out better than I even imagined, I was completely blown away. She not only nailed my vision, but all of our vendors were so amazing, and I'm sure I wouldn't have found them without her. She handled EVERYTHING the day of. There was a mix up with our venue and the sound company, and I had absolutely no idea until after the wedding. It was amazing to be able to just enjoy our wedding, without having to stress out over the logistics. Basically, she is just amazing and I would recommend her without reservations!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Amanda L. · Married on 08/20/2016

Sydney Is Humble and Loves what she does!!

Wow! Sydney and her assistant were ABSOLUTELY amazing! I live in North Carolina and was planning a wedding in Austin, TX without ever visiting there, or going to the venue, so I figured I needed someone to help me out with the whole day. Upon my research and phone "interviews" Sydney was the ONLY planner who actually asked me about my fiance, what his name was, what he did...all the stuff that I wanted my wedding planner to know, because I wanted my wedding planner to know who I was and what I wanted in a wedding! I knew after talking to her on the phone that I didn't need to call any one else. That little detail was so important because it made me feel like Sydney wanted to make sure my day was great and that she actually cared. Unlike other wedding planners who just wanted to know my budget, and what I wanted.
    Sydney was also so helpful in the planning of my stunning wedding, and she gave me insider tips and local recommendations to makeup artists, and florists! Her spectacular attitude to my "I don't knows" was uplifting, since I really didn't know a lot about anything going into this wedding!
    She really came into play about six weeks before my wedding and got down to it to get things ready and she is so well organized it's amazing! I would HIGHLY recommend Sydney and Olive & Belle Events. Support Local Small Businesses and you will get the personalized, humble people that own and operate these businesses with all of their heart!

Sent on 11/19/2018

Swathi · Married on 08/07/2016

My husband and I worked with Sydney of Olive and Belle Events with the partial wedding planning package. I would highly recommend Olive and Belle to any newly engaged bride, or even a bride that is even partially through her planning and realized she needs a planner! Sydney worked with us before we were even engaged, taking the time to meet with us for a consultation and present her services to us. We met with Sydney every other week for 4 months prior to the wedding. Each meeting, Sydney gave us homework to complete before the next meeting. She even color coded our homework, which my Type A personality absolutely loved because it kept me on track for our wedding. Sydney offers an online guide to each of her couples, which I found highly helpful to stay organized. I think the biggest bang for our buck came on the day of the wedding. I could safely say that I trust Sydney and her team to take care of any issue that came up. They were professional, courteous, and made sure they did all they could to ensure our needs were met. Olive and Belle worked extra hours on the wedding day than originally planned, just to make sure things ran smoothly for the flip between wedding and reception. After the wedding, Sydney and I had a post-wedding consultation to tie up loose ends. Sydney is extremely organized, and took care of everything I could have asked for, even making day-of changes for the reception work! I will definitely be using Olive and Belle in the future for any major event planning.

Sent on 09/05/2016