La Di Events Reviews

22 | Chicago, IL

22 Reviews for La Di Events

Amy · Married on 02/28/2015

Michelle from LaDi Events provided Day of Coordination for my October 3rd wedding. I could not be more pleased with the service she and her assistant Jared provided. In the months leading up to the wedding, we had check-in calls to make sure I was on track which was so much more helpful than just using a wedding planning checklist. Michelle helped put together a timeline for the day and even attended the rehearsal where she provided itineraries for the bridal party and officiant. Michelle and Jared did such an amazing job the day of. They not only took on a LOT of work setting up at the venue but made the entire day and night go on without a hitch. I even thought at one point that things seemed to be going almost too smoothly. IF there were any issues I never knew about them. I can not say enough good about their hard work, professionalism and organization. I would recommend their services to anyone in any stage of wedding planning. Thank you both!

Sent on 12/10/2015

Elaina · Married on 08/30/2014

Michelle was extremely organized and kept track of small details for our wedding. She made sure everything stayed on schedule naturally without being pushy or stern. She is super friendly and a joy to work with. She handled correspondence and confirmations with our vendors; set up decorations, favors, appetizers, and more; and helped break down and organize everything at the end of the night. La Di Events knows what they're doing when it comes to weddings, and coordinator Michelle Ruby is great!

Sent on 09/03/2014

Alexandria · Married on 08/22/2014

Amanda was absolutely amazing! I wasn't planning on hiring a wedding planner but as time went on I was getting very overwhelmed. Right from the start Amanda put me at ease. She helped me and kept me on track right from the time I booked her. On our wedding day she had her assistant there as well and they were both so great. I did not worry about one thing they handled everything, and kept everyone on time. I can't say enough good things about this company. I really don't think my wedding day would have been as perfect as it was with out Amanda.

Love,
    Ryan & Alexandria Michael

Sent on 09/05/2014

Amanda · Married on 05/09/2014

There is absolutely NO WAY we would have been able to pull off this wedding without Amanda. It wasn't particularly huge or elaborate, but there were just so many details we didn't even know about that she helped us through! My new husband and I repeatedly left our meeting with her asking "How on earth were we going to do this without her?!?!"

We got the "Day Of" coordination package, which included 3 meetings (including the initial consultation), rehearsal, wedding, and constant email contact. We could have had more phone meetings, but everything was handled perfectly via email, so I didn't even need the phone meetings! She walked through every tiny detail and taught us a lot - even kept me calm during some our crazy moments! She wrangled the vendors, kept in touch (but not overwhelmingly so), and set up everything beautifully! We had an EXTREMELY detailed timeline for the entire wedding day, and she kept everyone calm and on track. Our families were incredibly appreciative, to say the least.

On the day of our wedding, we were both able to sit back and enjoy, which is absolutely priceless. I cannot recommend Amanda enough!

Sent on 05/29/2014

Rachel · Married on 09/01/2013

Amanda and her team did a great job of keeping my wedding day running smoothly. She was very organized, followed up with the vendors, made sure all the vendors showed up on time, and ensured that the set up of the venue was completed on time and to my specifications.

Sent on 10/10/2013

Amanda with LaDi Events was a great wedding planner. She helped me with all the steps along the way. I was worried I wasn't going to be able to enjoy my wedding day because I would be too worried about organizing but Amanda did it all for me. She was GREAT!

Sent on 10/16/2013

Mike · Married on 06/08/2013

Amanda at La Di Events has to absolutely be the best Wedding Planner in the business. We could not have done our wedding without her. She gave us way more than our expectations and we would have gladly paid her double what she charged us. She was involved in helping with every detail of our wedding and the wedding came out perfect. We have gotten do many compliments about our wedding.

What better review can you give? I would recommend her 200%. As I write other reviews on this site for our vendors it makes me appreciate Amanda even more as she recommended or provided a list of options that included basically all of them. Thanks so much to Amanda!

Sent on 06/16/2013

Sadie-Jean · Married on 06/23/2012

Very professional, great attention to detail, very accommodating! Couldn't have done our wedding without la di events! Highly recommend.

Sent on 12/03/2012

Shannon · Married on 09/24/2011

Planning a wedding in Chicago from Los Angeles is not an easy feat. Thank goodness there are planners out there like Amanda Burdick at La'Di Events! That said, trying to find a planner when your across the country is not easy either.

I had phone interviews with countless planners, but when I spoke with Amanda, it was instant. She was easy to talk to, new what I was looking for, comforting and willing to help.

I only hired Amanda for "Partial Planning" services, but really feel that she was there for everything. She offered personalized assistance, assisted in vendor selection and offered opinions/suggestions where necessary, attended tastings, contracted transportation on our behalf, scheduled & mapped out an entire "planning day" while we were in town, and removed stress where necessary. Can't thank her enough for that!

Amanda was an absolute pleasure to work with! In fact, I am bummed that the wedding is over because I don't get to work with her anymore.

Sent on 10/19/2011
  • Tarah

Tarah · Married on 08/12/2011

If I really got into details, this review would be several pages long, so I'm trying to keep this brief. La Di events is undoubtedly the way to go for your wedding planning/coordination. Simply AMAZING.

We were lucky enough to work with Amanda and Jessica for our day-of coordination. This proved to be probably the best decision of our wedding planning. We had done a lot of things on our own, including centerpieces and flowers, and this meant we had put these wonderful ladies in charge of a lot of tiny details. (We had a 25-page document with instructions on the specific centerpieces and arrangements- talk about crazy!) They didn't hesitate at all, and were always positive and eager to help. Thanks to this dynamic duo, we found everything even more beautiful that we had anticipated.

Here's a quick overview of everything they did for us in addition to the centerpieces: they helped orchestrate transportation for guests, managed final payments for vendors, ran the rehearsal, set up the overall timeline for the day and communicated it with all of our vendors, met with us on two occasions to plan ahead of time, and more tiny details that you don't even know you would have had to worry about! It was incredible, and having la di events take care of our day-of coordination left us able to enjoy and soak in every moment of our big day.

I am an incredibly stressed-out person in every day life, but thanks to Amanda and Jessica, I didn't feel any bit of stress. That right there make them worth any sum.

Sent on 08/26/2011
  • STBMrsP

Brooke · Married on 07/09/2011

If anything went wrong on our day, I still do not know about it! Amanda and her team helped make everything run smoothly the entire day. She attended our rehearsal so she would know how the ceremony would run (the church coordinator ran our rehearsal). They were there whenever I needed them, she packed up our gifts in the car before leaving for the night. Overall, she was one of the best decisions I made and I'm so glad I hired her.

Sent on 08/04/2011

Rebekah · Married on 05/29/2011

Amanda Burdick, owner of La Di Events, did a fantastic job as our wedding planner. She was always very professional, organized and positive about our event. We had our wedding in a very unconventional space (outside at a farm) that posed all sorts of unique planning and coordination challenges, and she met them all with a can-do attitude. The day of the wedding we had a major thunderstorm, and she kept her cool and worked so diligently to make sure we and the guests all had a good time and that our vision for the event still shone through. I have already recommended her for my sister's wedding and would recommend her highly to anyone!

Sent on 07/02/2011

Nicole · Married on 12/11/2010

Amanda was my savior the day of the wedding. I interviewed several day of coordinators in the area before finding Amanda. I knew from our initial meeting that Amanda had a firm yet friendly work ethic that I admired. She was going to be strong enough to get the job done, organized enough not to miss a beat, and kind enough to make everyone listen to keep us on track. She was the perfect fit for and saw that every single detail, large or small, was covered so I can enjoy every moment with my husband on my wedding day. She was there when I accidentally smudged lipstick on my wedding dress just before the ceremony and came up with solutions when issues like the cake leaning arose. She was there to set out 1,001 DIY items or wedding decor pieces that I couldn't tend to when I was taking pictures. She was the perfect liasion the day of the wedding to handle everything with all the vendors while keeping me smiling the whole time. She was a HUGE tremendous help in packing up all the wedding materials at the end of the night including 20 bags of linen! When my mom couldn't fit all the supplies back in the car, she graciously offered to take them back with her and meet-up at a later date. In sum, she's a polished event planner. I would book her again in a hearbeat and HIGHLY recommend her to anyone looking.

Sent on 01/12/2011
  • jenny25

Jenny · Married on 09/04/2010

I had SO much fun at my own wedding, and I have Amanda to thank for that. Amanda was my "Day-of" coordinator - but she helped me every step of the way. She made me feel comfortable about bouncing ideas off of her, or asking her for suggestions or advice throughout the planning process.

When our day finally came around Amanda was amazing. She took care of everything. Every one kept telling me how calm I seemed for being a bride, and I have Amanda to thank for that.

Amanda is the best decision you will make (aside from saying 'Yes!')!

Sent on 09/09/2010

Erica · Married on 08/07/2010

We hired Amanda after we found out that there was going to be a concert on the same night as our wedding. She was very helpful in calming our nerves and giving us piece of mind that everything was going to run smoothly – which it did. She was very easy to work with and professional. She was also reasonably priced compared to some of the others that I looked at. She took care of all the little details so I didn’t have to keep track of a single thing on the day of the wedding. I put full faith in her and she was amazing. Highly recommend Amanda!

Sent on 11/04/2010
  • kellylynn

Kelly · Married on 06/26/2010

Amanda diid an excellent job coordinating our wedding! We had the partial planning wedding package. She had great ideas and offered many great vendors for us to choose from. She was very organized and professional on the day of our wedding. We knew we had nothing to worry about all day because we had Amanda & Aubrey there. Our wedding day went perfectly thanks to their efforts. I would definitely recommend using La'Di Events!

Sent on 07/22/2010

Danica · Married on 06/12/2010

Amanda from La Di Events was our day of coordinator for our 6/12/2010 wedding in downtown Chicago and I was really happy with how everything turned out. I specifically wanted a DOC so I would not have to burden any family members with wedding tasks and so they could just enjoy the day. Using Amanda definitely saved me stress on the wedding day e.g. when the flowers for the guys and family members didn’t arrive at the church on time, due to the florist getting stuck in traffic, she was calling the florist to find out where they were and made sure everyone was pinned before the ceremony started. She really made everything easy and saved us a lot of time and stress, both on the wedding day and in the lead up to the day. After our wedding, a number of guests, including family members, commented on how smoothly everything went and I would credit Amanda for being a large part of this. I would definitely recommend her to any bride.

Sent on 07/26/2010
  • Danielle

Danielle · Married on 10/10/2009

Amanda was just wonderful. She is super responsive and is always checking in to see how you are doing.

I had to fight for a DOC...I definitely was not going to be running around on my wedding day making sure everything was in place. I wasn't as stressed as I typically would have been the week of because Amanda took care of everything that needed to be done.

We went with La Di Events because for DOC, they offered the most reasonable price I could find. Another company we were looking at wanted to charge a price we felt was unnecessary for what a DOC would do for us. My husband's main selling point was that Amanda let me talk about what I wanted, what my concerns were....whereas the other company just said "oh...you don't have to worry about that now" and always cut me off.

She was awesome at calming me down when I found that lovely grease stain on my train and especially when our photographer almost ran out on us! Both she and her assistant Tiffany were on top of things, making sure my wedding day was as perfect as I had dreamed it would be. If something bad happened...I had no clue...and that's exactly what I wanted to happen. I didn't want to worry, I wanted to enjoy myself on my day.

Only problem...I wish I would have hired her to plan the wedding! =0) She was just so much fun to work with...and bless her heart for putting up with me. I guess nothing scares her...after meeting with me I was sure she'd be saying "thanks, but no thanks"...instead she looked past my craziness and did an unbelievable job!

Even my husband agrees having Amanda as our DOC was a very well-thought decision. I would recommend her to any new bride!

Sent on 11/07/2009

naomi · Married on 10/03/2009

I cannot say enough about Amanda. She was a pleasure to work from square one! She never hesitated to answer my questions throughly and promptly. She also did alot of my decor at my venue and I know it would not have looked the way it did with out her help. She is worth every penny. Great to work with!!!

Sent on 11/18/2009

Jamie · Married on 09/19/2009

I used Amanda for my Day Of Coordinator in September of 2009. I could not have done it without her! She is amazingly talented, organized, patient, flexible and full of great ideas. I threw her a ton of last minute curve balls and Amanda handled each one with a smile. She made sure that I was not unnecessarily bothered by anyone so I enjoyed as much of the day as possible. I was initially unsure whether or not it was worth having a coordinator, but I would recommend Amanda to every bride! She will definitely go out of her way to make sure your day is better than perfect.

Sent on 07/22/2010
  • Amber

Amber · Married on 06/18/2011

From the moment I contracted La’Di events to do day of wedding coordination I felt confident that I was going to have a stress free wedding day. Amanda is truly the consummate professional; she is detail-oriented, forward thinking and approachable. My husband and I were thrilled that we were able to 100% enjoy our wedding day without having to think of one single detail.

Sent on 06/20/2011

Megan · Married on 09/01/2012

1.2
      2.0
      1.0

I am disappointed in the services received. I did not get much for my money. As soon as we started working with Amanda, we specified exactly what she was going to help with for the wedding. My biggest need was for overall design insight since we were starting with a blank slate. There was no help with this. Budget planning was listed in our contract. We never even talked about the budget... It was the same situation with DJ, transportation, caterer, florist, etc. I did the work, but still had to pay for nonexistent help? Initially, we did not ceremony location help in the contract, but after I struggled to find a place, I reached out to Amanda for help. She provided a few places what wouldn’t even work for us (1 would hold a quarter of our guest list, one I had already told her I looked into and they wouldn’t do just a ceremony, etc). It was so frustrating I just found my own place. Even with the "help" of that e-mail that probably took 5 minutes of research she still charged us an extra $200! One of her responsibilities for the reception was to get limes and cut them up for the bars. We found the bag of limes the next day shoved in a drawer. Another duty was to just make sure everything was going well and handle problems. There was an issue with the 2nd bar not being open for cocktail hour. I was getting pictures taken & was unaware of the problem but the logistics should have been handled by Amanda or her assistant. However, my guests had to take control & fix the problem. She did help some that day, but definitely not $2000 worth of help. Overall, Amanda is a very pleasant person, she is kind and makes you feel like she can and will help you in your wedding planning process. However, looking back, I don't feel like I received much direction, ideas, or support. I am disgusted with what I paid. It may have been more worthwhile to only hire her as a 'day of' coordinator because she was helpful for most of the wedding day, but definitely not throughout the process

Sent on 01/16/2013

La Di Events's reply:

Megan,
    Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry your expectations were not met. We take all reviews seriously, and use this information to improve. I am sorry we were unaware of your dissatisfaction during the planning process. We would have loved to discuss this along the way. I would be more than happy to speak with you further regarding your dissatisfaction.

At La Di Events we pride ourselves in making our clients planning process smooth and stress free. We would be more than happy to provide references to any potential clients.

Please feel free to contact me directly.

Amanda Burdick