LOLA Event Productions

Chicago, IL View map Visit website
2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$7,999 Package Price

LOLA Event Productions is a boutique wedding planning service operating out of Chicago, Illinois to Chicagoland and beyond. With over 100 years of combined expertise between them, this innovative team of planners and designers focuses on creating exceptionally stylish and FUN celebrations. They have helped over 800 couples bring their dream weddings to life since 2006 and specialize in crafting lavish one-of-a-kind experiences. Vogue declared them one of the world’s leading wedding planning companies and they have been named Best Wedding Planners in the country by Brides Magazine and Best Wedding Planners in Chicago by Chicago Magazine.

Each individual planning package designed by LOLA Event Productions is customized to fit the desires of the couple. Available for full, partial, implementation and power-planning/coaching/hourly services, the team can cater to every stage of the process. Their group of on-staff designers offers a range of resources, striving to ensure that every celebration not only runs smoothly but also looks spectacular.

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$3,500

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$7,999

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$1,000

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$300

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Day-of Coordination
Event Design
Full Planning
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Double Weddings
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

• Linnea
    Linnea C. Married on 05/02/2022

The LOLA team surpasses all expectations

Most importantly, if you need a planning team, work with LOLA.

There are almost no words to describe how PERFECT my experience was with LOLA. Kristy Diana is a rock-star. She is organized, intuitive, empathetic, kind, always listening and made our day truly seamless. Everyone expects at least one thing to go 'wrong' on their wedding day...and so did I...but that did not happen. I have Kristy and her coordination (and countless vendors) to thank for that.
  • Chuck
    Chuck S. Married on 11/29/2021

Simply the Best Wedding Planner

We used Lori and Lola Event Productions for our wedding. Lori helped us have the wedding of our dreams. She thought of everything, was responsive, and helped choose terrific vendors and venue. On the wedding day, she dealt with every eventuality with calm professionalism and good cheer. It is hard to imagine a better partner in this process. We are thinking of other events to host just so we can work with Lori again!
    Heather A. Married on 10/15/2021

Great Experience

We chose to work with Kirsty at Lola in 2019. During that time, we didn't think we'd be able to navigate the wedding world and stay organized. Through the first year or so of planning, Kirsty was incredibly helpful and kept us at ease when we were worried we weren't doing things when we needed.

This was all before the events of 2020 when Kirsty wowed us. The weeks around our original wedding, scheduled for April 2020, were obviously incredibly stressful and even though I have to imagine Kirsty felt similarly, she never showed it. She was poised and communicative and helped us work through something that nobody had ever been through.

This all led to the evening we dreamed of in October 2021. Everything came together so perfectly and looked incredible, all thanks to Kirsty's guidance and constant suggestions. We would wholeheartedly recommend Kirsty to anyone planning a wedding.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner

Team

Lori Stephenson
Lori Stephenson
Owner & Principal

It is a beautiful thing when passion and a career come together… That is where my story begins. I started in the wedding and event business 30 years ago when I took my first after-school job in my boyfriend’s father’s tuxedo store. It was love for the wedding business from the very beginning. I attended Parsons School of Design where I worked toward a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree, and ultimately decided to bring my creative juices back to the Midwest where I graduated with honors from the University of Wisconsin at Madison (Go Badgers!) with a Bachelor’s Degree in Design and a Minor in Business. I paid my way through college designing and making custom bridal gowns and accessories while interning for some of the biggest designers in that business, and was awarded a senior scholarship thesis grant to explore the history and origins of bridal traditions in multiple cultures. My goal from the beginning – to own my own company within the world of weddings and build a team of unstoppable wedding ninjas that manage logistics and design challenges with professionalism, creativity, cat-like reflexes, and that special “LOLA sauce” that clients seeking a FUN and stress-free collaboration seek out and appreciate.

After college, I worked in all aspects of social event planning and personal styling. For me – A successful event is one where your guests feel excited, cherished, and engaged with their hosts and surroundings. My true passion is helping clients plan smart and creative events that say something about them as an individual, couple, business or association and find creative solutions to their individual challenges. Thinking big-picture about every aspect of the look, feel and flow of your event and incorporating small special and meaningful touches unique to your own personal experiences are my signature.

Over the past 15 years, I have managed projects in Chicago for national companies within the wedding space. I have coordinated events that demanded specific results for the involved businesses as well as large social events throughout Chicagoland. I am an editor at large for a national online wedding publication and have spent the bulk of my time and energy building relationships on behalf of my clients that span every aspect of the world of weddings and events. All of the professionals that provide goods and services for LOLA have a proven track record of excellence in product, delivery and customer service.

With my creative background, extensive management experience and many years dedicated to superior customer service, I have learned first hand that the team you build to help you navigate the intricacies of planning any event – no matter how big or small, can make the difference between happy memories and hindsight regrets. I truly hope you will let the LOLA Pro’s and our family of highly qualified creative partners help you create and execute an event that your family, friends, and colleagues will enjoy and cherish always.

In 2019 we celebrate my company’s 13-year anniversary, and my amazing team will have executed over 600 weddings and events for our wonderful clients. What a legacy of love and celebration… and it’s only the beginning! We are a pro-woman and pro-diversity company that passionately believes that ‘Love is Love’ and we are all better together than we can ever be as individuals. A strong sense of integrity and commitment is a part of every professional relationship we cultivate.

Personally, I live in the Andersonville neighborhood of Chicago with my husband and menagerie of foster failure cats and dogs. As certified SCUBA divers, we spend all our available time traveling the world seeking out new adventures under the sea and in beach bars sipping fruity drinks. I foster bottle baby kittens for a few local rescues so if you are in the market for a kitten I can help with that as well! I’m passionate about paying my good fortune in life and love forward and always love when my clients want to find ways to do the same in their weddings and events.

Kristy Diana
Kristy Diana
Senior Planner

Hi, I’m Kristy. I’ve had the pleasure of being a “lady who LOLAs” since 2008. I have loved growing with this LOLA family and working with so many amazing clients and their families from a wonderful variety of backgrounds. I’ve done over 125 weddings and events as of January 2019, and it never gets old. I learn something with each event!

Prior to working with LOLA, I planned events in a corporate setting. That was a great foundation for moving to a full-time career as an event planner. I learned to anticipate needs, to juggle schedules, and the attitude to work until the job is done right.

Some fun facts about me:

• All emails I write are edited to reduce the number of exclamation points to an amount most people still consider excessive. I am, in fact, actually that excited.
  • Most people are fooled into thinking I’m laid back because I’m very calm, but I’m actually very type-A.
  • I can have a multi-hour conversation about vegetables.
  • My husband and I were married in 2010 at Salvage One in a cozy winter wedding and now live in Logan Square.
  • I am a mom to two boys, my oldest is a rescue Pitbull and the youngest is a human who is inexplicably blonde!
  • Even if it’s the most traditional vows, hearing the emotion in someone voice as they make the commitment of marriage will always choke me up.

11 years in and I still get such a sense of fulfillment in helping couples find their own unique way of expressing their love and commitment.

Whether it’s black tie in a grand ballroom or cocktails and dancing to a jazz trio on a veranda, a wedding should be a celebration of the couple, their story and their dreams for the future. I love to help a couple decide what their wedding should look and feel like, then manage the millions of little details that will transform those dreams into a memorable experience for the couple and their guests.

Yes, bring on the details! Logistics and event execution are my specialty. My corporate and wedding experience combined has taught me to be calm and precise in event execution. I’m a pro at figuring out how all the moving pieces fit together and often find myself up at night running scenarios in my head – including the all-important (and hopefully unnecessary) strategies for what to do if something doesn’t go as planned. I’ve already covered every scenario, so you can wake on your wedding day confident and calm knowing I’ve got your back!

My ultimate goal? That my couples get to see their wedding vision to come to life and are able to be truly present for each other on their wedding day and focus on the reason for the event – their love and the start of their life together.

Whoever said “Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life” captured exactly how I feel about my experiences with LOLA. I can’t wait to help more couples find their happy beginnings!

Kirstin Basch
Kirstin Basch
Senior Planner

Hi there! You can call me Kirsty – like Thirsty

I’ve been a member of the LOLA Family since 2012. ‘They’ were right when ‘they’ said “time flies when you’re having fun!” My right brain and my left brain are constantly battling one another for attention, which is why I love this career so much. I’m able to structure and utilize systems to ensure the planning process is organized, efficient and fun all while letting my creative energy shine through. I should mention, you can expect to get an email from me before 8am at some point in the planning process because I like to get up and get my day started. Don’t worry, I don’t expect you respond at that time!

I focus my time to clients who are looking for guidance throughout their entire wedding planning journey- especially those who want someone to really dive into the design portion of their day, and want honest feedback through the process. We’ll talk about your wish list, goals, and expectations (keep in mind, I’ll tell you if they’re unrealistic) to curate a team of vendors to cover our organizational needs, then dive into the beauty of the design process. I’m all about logistics (hello, timelines!) but get really excited when we’re talking about the nitty gritty of your décor; what fork are your guests using? How is the napkin going to sit on the table? Tell me about your favorite flower! What about a cheese fountain with lots of soft pretzels and beer pairings? (I forgot to mention-I also love food). Where can we find your inspiration? It can be from a childhood memory or from an inside joke from your very first date. I want to help bring your vision to life, but make it different than a typical Pinterest wedding

Through the process I like to get to know my clients and their VIPs. While you two are the ones saying “I do”, I’m fully aware there may be friends and family members involved in the process who are investing emotionally (and let’s face it, financially) in your celebration. I want to get to know them, too, and hope you’ll also get to know me through our time together. The day of your wedding I love seeing you surrounded by YOUR people. Interactions with your friends and the excitement brewing around you really amps me up and gives me the adrenaline to pump through the wedding day. Seriously – I’m usually wide away until like 3am from pure excitement. I’ll take care of all of the details and you can just enjoy starting your next chapter.

Here’s a bit more about me: My Husband, Garrett and I love living in Chicago, but our hearts are in Cleveland. Yes, I rooted for the Cleveland Indians during the 2016 World Series (it was a dark time in the Basch household). Cleveland sports fans are the most loyal people you’ll ever meet. It’s not always easy, but one day it WILL be worth it! I’m usually over caffeinated and looking for my next coffee fix. I’ve got the travel bug and I don’t hate it. I’m hoping to knock out a handful US destinations and continue to add to my passport in the next year or two. In my wiser years I am learning that there are few things I cherish more than time with my friends and family – and maybe a competitive game night or two. I’m one of the lucky ones who is still best friends with my friends from childhood and high school, and met some of my closest confidants in college while being a member of Delta Gamma. Last and most definitely not least, you’ll hear me talk about and probably see a hundred pictures of my dog Otis. He’s my trusty home office assistant and probably next to me if we’re ever on a call. He’s inspired me so much; I now even dedicate time being a board member of our favorite dog park.

I can’t wait to hear about your vision and your story, and bring it to life in a way that showcases YOU

WASIO photography WASIO photography Wedding Photographers

we love LOLA events! She is absolutely one of the best in Chicago and nationwide. We trust so much LOLA that we use them for our own wedding. Lori did such an amazing job that we still hear from our guest that our wedding was the best looking one hands-down! We will recommend LOLA to anybody anytime!

Smiling Toad Productions Smiling Toad Productions Wedding Videographers

We LOVE LOLA! LOLA Event Productions is THE place to go if you want your wedding to be fun, absolutely stress free, and perfectly coordinated between vendors.

Pabst Photo Pabst Photo Wedding Photographers

We have worked with LOLA on several weddings and even hired them for our own wedding - we think that's a genuine testament to how great they are!

1917 N Milwaukee Avenue Chicago, IL, 60647

By appointment only.
Location of (LOLA Event Productions)

Other vendors in Chicago for your wedding