106 Reviews for LOLA Event Productions

Civil (3)
Cultural (3)
Destination (2)
106 LOLA Event Productions Reviews

Carly Carynski was our wedding planner. AMAZING.....she is a professional and flawless with every single detail! We had 300 people ...3 day event ...Memorial weekend... Could not have done it without her. Always available! Do not hesitate this was the smartest move we made. We loved her and she has a dynamic personality and worked so well with all our vendors.
She will think for you when you can't , she will do for you when you can't and she will make it all flow.

Profile Picture Rose, 5/26/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I'm an event planner....but not a wedding planner. I would consider myself very organized and pay high attention to detail. We began considering a day of coordinator after hearing how crazy your wedding day really is. After looking at a few different places, Lola seemed to be the best fit for what we we're looking for. I really don't know what we would have done without them! We had the pleasure of working with Carly Carynski and she was AMAZING! Although she was considered a day of or week of planner, she stepped in way before that. After we signed the contract she immediately began organizing all our contracts, sending me to-do lists, and keeping me on track. Being a planner, I thought I could keep this all together myself but boy was I wrong. Carly was a dream come true! She was so responsive, had solutions, and always came up with creative ideas for us. She made me feel so at ease by showing up to the rehearsal and handling our 22 person bridal party...oops! Carly is friendly, welcoming, organized and creative! On the day of my wedding she and her team of assistants we're running around all day making sure all of our materials/busses/people we're where they needed to be at all times. They even brought up all our "extras" by the end of the night to our suite and in the morning everything was labeled/separated so we knew what we had in boxes. Carly and her team are FANTASTIC! Coming from a planner.....Carly is a must for your day!

Profile Picture Gabriela, 5/26/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I knew immediately during my first conversation with Lori that we’d be hiring her to help with the planning for our wedding. She is so easy to talk to and it doesn’t matter what you’re talking about, you leave any conversation feeling like you’re in the most capable of hands. Living in a city where there are hundreds of options for everything wedding realted, I was totally overwhelmed with trying to select vendors. I started looking into photographers and spent probably 6 hours googling and visiting websites before I even actually contacted anyone. After one conversation with Lori about what we were looking for in a photographer, she recommended two options, one of which happened to be the photographer at the top of my list after my hours of research. I knew then that my planning was going to be SO MUCH EASIER thanks to Lori and that she already had a great handle on what we were looking for. It was amazing how quickly she got to know us and how perfect her recommendations were through the whole planning process. I am so grateful for all the hours of googling and reading reviews that she saved me with her thoughtful and personalized recommendations. She has built up a huge network of vendor relationships and is so widely respected by everyone we worked with. Every time I met with a new person involved in our wedding they told me how lucky I was to be working with Lori and what a BOSS LADY she is not only through the planning but on the big day itself. She was always incredibly cost and budget conscious and stretched every dollar we put into our wedding day. We walked into the most beautiful room we had ever seen at our reception and I know that Lori was a huge driving force behind making sure that vision came to life. The best decision we made related to our wedding was hiring Lori. I attribute our perfect day to her hard work and dedication to making sure we were happy not only as her clients, but as two people on the most important day of their lives.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Katie, 3/3/18, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Hiring LOLA Event Productions was the best decision we made other than getting married. Lori and her incredible team provided expertise and guidance for our wedding day that made it an event our families still rave about.

Everyone worries that on the day of their wedding there will be those little unforeseen challenges that they will have to deal with that will take away from their enjoyment of the big day. It may be hard to believe, but there was not a single moment during the entire wedding that I or my wife felt stressed about. The entire weekend was flawless, and things ran like a well oiled machine. The most amazing part was that throughout the months of planning and even on the day, Lori was just as invested in this day as we were. I’m told there were even tears during the vows my wife and I wrote for each other. During the ceremony and reception, we knew that Lori and her staff were there making sure that everything was happening the way it should but I can only think of a handful of times I actually remember seeing her. Her and her staff functioned completely behind the scenes and made sure that none of our guests wanted for anything, and that all of the vendors were able to do each of their respective duties.

At the end of the day, every part of a wedding comes at a cost. Each of those vendors provides their service and adds something special to your day. Only one of our vendors could offer us that extra part that my wife and I needed; peace of mind. Lori gave us the greatest day of our lives in the least stressful way possible. We could not be happier with the job her and her staff at LOLA Event Productions did. We highly recommend them.

Profile Picture Lucas, 1/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Simply put: LOLA is THE BEST. I worked with Carly for my January wedding, and admittedly was skeptical at the outset about how much a planner could really do to help my wedding go off without a hitch (because I typically am super organized). After going through it now, I can honestly say that I can’t imagine the day of and months leading up to the wedding without Carly there! There were so many little details that needed to be considered and the timeline she created was absolutely perfect. The day of the wedding, I was able to sit back and enjoy the event from morning into the last dance because I knew Carly and her team had everything covered: she answered guest questions, dealt with dietary restriction issues, managed all our vendors, helped with ceremony music timing and even orchestrated our first look a cab ride away in 10 degree weather— all with a great positive energy and calm attitude. Having her there made our wedding day so perfect, and I would highly recommend her and LOLA to any bride planning their wedding!

Profile Picture Jaime, 1/13/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My experience working with Carly C. was nothing short of perfection! If you want to ensure a smooth wedding planning process in which every single detail is covered then you definitely want Carly C. as your wedding coordinator! I had a 200 person new years eve wedding at a Chicago hotel with below negative temps. outside; Carly led the weekend with ease! The hotel staff and my catering manager were great, but having Carly and her assistant Carly there to make sure everything would go according to plan or to find a quick, solution if things weren't allowed me to truly enjoy my wedding day. At one point the groom wasn't feeling well and one of the Carlys appeared instantly with crackers, tums and water. They really go above and beyond! I did most of the early on planning but consulted both Carlys throughout - it was extremely helpful to have their input on everything from colors to timing. Carly C. was always willing to lend an ear or assist with coordination of whatever it is you need and those are just some of the qualities that make her so great! Thank you so much Carly and Carly!!

Profile Picture Francesca, 12/31/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We had the great pleasure of working with Kristy Diana at Lola Event Productions who planned a beautiful wedding for my daughter. Our experience with Kristy and Lola was exceptional, especially since the wedding was in Chicago and we were in NJ working with her on all details. Kristy superbly and professionally helped us plan every detail of my daughters wedding at The Art Institute in Chicago. Not only was her selection of vendors perfect, but she constantly delivered the best in all situations given our vision and our daughters wishes for each detail of the wedding. This is truly one of the best wedding planners to hire.,especially if you are planning from a distance, they truly aim to please and were a huge benefit to the success of the wedding.

Profile Picture Mary Jo, 11/11/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner, Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination, Religious

Our wedding planner, Carly with LOLA was AMAZING. Don't hesitate to hire a professional...it is well worth the cost. Carly helps you with every step in the process and works hard with the other wedding professionals who can help pull your event together in wonderful ways you probably never event thought of :

Profile Picture Julie, 10/14/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My wife Becky and I got married October 13th at Cafe Brauer. I'll admit that I was the one who was hesitant to hire a wedding planner early on, as I really thought that the 2 of us were more than capable of handling the planning on our own. In the end, we met with a few wedding planners to get a feel for where they could help and were really blown away by Lori from the start.
Working with Lori over the past year and a half has been worth every single penny. From the beginning, Lori helped put together a plan that helped keep us on track and really reduced our stress levels. With our crazy travel schedules for work, it was amazing to be able to sit down for a couple hour session with Lori and know that she would bring all the right vendors to the table based on what we were looking for in terms of style and price. She was also amazingly flexible and even went out of her way to have us over to her house to knock out some final items during a particularly crazy time leading up to our wedding.
The week of our wedding, we were asked by so many of our friends and family whether we were stressed, and we were both honestly able to say 'no.' Lori was there every day, texting/calling/emailing us with any final questions or concerns we had. Even when our catering coordinator left and our tuxes fell through, Lori was there to help find workarounds and make sure that everything went smoothly.
It's hard to know what your wedding will look like, since during planning you're looking at it through the individual lenses of DJ, photographer, food, etc. But when we walked through the doors at Cafe Brauer and finally got to see all the pieces come together, we were absolutely blown away. Lori helped us put together a wedding that was so incredibly perfect and so representative of who we are as individuals, that as I write this I still feel as if i

Profile Picture Andrew, 10/13/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

The day after our wedding my husband, who was hesitant about my need to have a wedding planner in the first place, said to me: "Lori was not only worth every penny, but I easily would have paid more." I think that best sums up our experience working with Lori. She was flawless not only is her ability to turn our scattered ideas into a cohesive plan, but more importantly in the flawless execution of that plan. We unfortunately started the wedding planning process with another Chicago planner, while still living in Miami. Although she said all the right things, over 2 months into planning things still weren't happening and we started to see a lack of accountability and transparency in the process. We decided to contact Lori. One 20 minute conversation later and I felt 100% relieved. She helped us backtrack to fill in the gaps we'd missed, worked within our budget and had a calm, creative, yet get-shit done attitude, which could not have been appreciated more. Her attention to detail and organization was impressive and her dedication to her clients is tangible. She even had someone run to our apartment, despite our dog, to get me a new pair of shoes when I realized my wedding shoes weren't high enough to do all the steps in our first dance without tripping. We cannot recommend her enough!

Profile Picture Elissa, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I am just so thrilled with Lauren P and Carly C from LOLA!!!! BEST PLANNERS EVER!!!! Seriously, THE BEST!!!!!

I worked with Lauren P in planning my wedding and Carly C (with her assistant Karina) was my day-of coordinator!

Lauren P was so much fun to work and plan with!! Lauren was so attentive and wonderful during the entire planning process!! Every single time we met or emailed, Lauren was attentive and responsive! I truly felt special!! She kept me on track and focused, helped me meet planning milestones and deadlines, was a HUGE help with finding vendor options for us as well as negotiating with each vendor to assure that our style and vision was met while still staying within our budget. Lauren also helped me refine my vision and make decisions on what was truly important to incorporate! I loved having creative planning sessions and collaboratively making my dream come true!!!! From developing a vision board for the vendors to last minute wedding-week errands, Lauren was ON POINT!!

Carly C was the perfect day-of coordinator! She helped us at our rehearsal and was able to get our very excited wedding party under control and prepared for the wedding day! On the actual wedding day Carly was polite, efficient, assertive and attentive! I was able to fully enjoy every moment of our wedding day just knowing that Carly was running the show! Carly kept everyone on the timeline and we had enough time to get ready, take pictures and relax before the walk down the aisle!

When working with Lauren or Carly you will feel like the center of attention and that your vision is fully understood! We had so much fun at every meeting and they made what could've been a stressful time a very relaxed experience. I absolutely loved working with Lauren and Carly, they were such a wonderful addition to our wedding day festivities!

HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Katlin, 9/29/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Kristy was our planner for my daughter's wedding on 9/23/17. I knew I would enjoy the wedding so much more if there were a planner involved, so I made the wedding planner a gift, even though the bride and groom didn't necessarily think they needed one. My daughter, her fiancé, and I interviewed a few planners from reputable companies in Chicago, and Kristy immediately stood out as perfect for us. She listened to the bride and groom in the interview, rather than just talking at them. They wanted to make most of the decisions, which was fine with Kristy. She narrowed the field by giving them up to ten tried and true photographers, florists, or DJ's, and they picked the one who fit their style the best. With thousands of vendors in the city, narrowing the field was so valuable. Anyone they chose was sure to be reliable, artistic, and professional. Kristy's work during the final week was invaluable. She made sure everything came off without a hitch. I knew something was likely to go wrong because nothing is perfect, but Kristy ensured that everything truly was perfect. I'm a worrier, and I noticed throughout the wedding day that I thoroughly enjoyed every minute, full of confidence that Kristy had handled every detail. The wedding day went by way too fast. If we hadn't had Kristy on our team, I suspect I would have missed the whole thing, worrying about what should happen next, or what might go wrong. I highly recommend LOLA Event Productions and, especially, Kristy Diana!

Profile Picture Sheri, 9/23/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

You need Michelle. Plain and simple. Even if you insist that you don’t need a wedding planner, that weddings should never be so complicated that you can’t do it yourself, you are wrong. I was one of those brides- I didn’t want to buy in to what I thought was an overblown wedding economy when I could do things practically and frugally myself, and I tried very hard to tell my mother in law that I wouldn’t need anyone’s help, but I am so glad I gave in. I can’t imagine our wedding day without Michelle and her team.
Michelle was incredibly thorough and unbelievably patient. In many ways, I think that my lack of opinion on many things, combined with my careful budget and strong opinions on a few aspects of the wedding made me a more difficult client than a traditional “bridezilla” but Michelle never seemed to be phased by anything. She was prompt with replies, great with following up with me on things I forgot to do, found us some excellent vendors and worked closely and professionally with the vendors we had found ourselves. I can’t believe how much work she put in to our wedding! Her presence the day of went above and beyond, and took much of the pressure off of my friends and family so that they could really enjoy the day with us. Thank you!

Profile Picture Claire, 9/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Lori Stephenson as our wedding planner was the absolute best decision! She went above and beyond to make our wedding perfect!

Our wedding was extra challenging because at the time of planning we were living abroad in China. Lori worked with us to have late night/early morning Skype meetings and to be our "boots on the ground" in Chicago whenever and wherever we needed her. She was so quick to understand our vision for our wedding and guided us into having the best night ever!

We can't recommend Lori enough! During the planning she took away so much stress from an already busy couple. On the day of the wedding we didn't have to think about wedding logistics at all. She handled all the details for us including last minute cutting of custom table runners, running back to the hotel for forgotten items and even driving us back to our hotel at the end of the night. That is what we call full service!!!

Profile Picture suzanne, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

LOLA is simply THE BEST!! Literally worth every penny! I was never worried about the day as I trusted them to make my day run smoothly as possible. THANK YOU again LOLA for all you do to make brides like me love you!

Profile Picture Arianna, 8/26/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Hiring Michelle was hands down the smartest decision we made in planning our wedding. I plan large galas for work so having someone with strong logistical planning skills was critical to making sure I would be able to enjoy the day without feeling the need to be in event management mode. Michelle went above and beyond. She also coordinated our rehearsal dinner and welcome reception the evening before the wedding so from the moment our rehearsal dinner started Friday night to the end of our wedding on Saturday everyone in our families and bridal party just got to focus on having an amazing time because we knew Michelle had everything under control.
She was also incredible throughout the year plus it took to plan the wedding. We saved so much time because she was able to send us to a few vendors to interview that fit our budget and other preferences. The entire vendor team she assembled for the welcome reception and the wedding was fantastic. She answered every question and solved every problem large, small or weird. When my dad decided having freshly made espresso drinks was just the thing the welcome reception needed with maybe 6 weeks to go? Michelle found a vendor that did just that. When my mom wanted a venue that was a vaguely defined "something unique" that also could fit 150+ people? Michelle knocked it out of the park with her first pick. Our entire planning process is full of stories like that. Her sense of humor, great ideas, endless patience and ability to keep us on task when necessary made our entire planning process manageable. Our wedding was an amazing weekend for all and Michelle was largely responsible for that.

Profile Picture User7353098, Recently Married, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Ok this review is so over due. We had an amazing experience working with Michelle at LOLA Event Productions. We purchased the 60-Day Coordinator Package and it was probably the best money we spent for our wedding. Michelle was so great and super fun. She kept us so organized before our big day, gave us vendor recommendations that fit our budget and really made us feel like our big day was important to her.

The day of our wedding we didn't have to worry about a single detail- Michelle was totally in control while at the same time appearing completely relaxed. At one point while getting ready I texted her and said "should I be doing something?" and she responded, "yea- having fun!" Literally that is the only thing I had to worry about that day- having fun. I was able to completely focus on my new husband, and enjoying the day with friends and family. After the wedding one of my bridesmaids said to me "I've never seen a wedding go so smoothly in my life." And truly thats how it felt- smooth, joyful and beautiful.

If you are able to budget for this service, you should! And hopefully you are lucky enough to get Michelle as your Coordinator. Thanks Michelle and LOLA- our wedding truly was the best day of our lives.

Photos
Profile Picture Sarah, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I highly recommend Carly C. at LOLA! She was so great to work with and completely on top of everything. She helped me stay organized throughout the wedding planning process and offered suggestions on vendors for hair/makeup/ rehearsal dinner. She coordinated meetings with all my vendors and made a detailed timeline for the wedding day. My wedding day was the best ever and everything went flawless thanks to Carly and her team! I honestly didn’t have to worry about a thing. My bridesmaids had the Jenny yoo convertible dresses and she helped them all create different styles to wear. At the end of the night, all my wedding gifts and props were all taken back to my hotel room which was such a relief to not have to haul all that stuff. I can not recommend Carly C enough!!

Profile Picture Carmen, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you are in need of a wedding planner, look no further than LOLA Event Productions. Hiring Carly C. as our day of coordinator was hands down the best decision of our wedding planning process. Carly did an outstanding job from start to finish and helped our rehearsal and wedding day run smoothly. Her attention to detail, organization, impeccable planning, communication with vendors, and dedication are unmatched and truly prove what an asset she is to LOLA. She is a rising star in the event planning business and I received nothing but praise for Carly from vendors, family, and friends. If you are unsure whether you need a coordinator/planner, the answer is yes! My only regret is that I didn't hire Carly sooner! Now go call LOLA and ask for Carly C. - you won't be disappointed! :)

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals

Wow! Lori Stephenson at LOLA Event Productions is amazing!

Hire Lori @LOLA—she will do everything in her (considerable) power to make your event magical and seamless, and the planning process as manageable as possible. Lori turned the overwhelming thought of “wedding planning” into manageable monthly to-dos and guided us through the execution. She took our convoluted concept of a bright and colorful, Indian-fusion, galaxy/constellation themed wedding and translated it into a cohesive, GORGEOUS event full of personalized details and surprises that, one month later, still has our guests raving! Lori also expertly managed all the intricate day-of details and schedule allowing my family and I to focus on having fun--she also somehow got this chronically late bride down the aisle on time.
Of course there were stressful moments in the planning process and having Lori’s support made those moments so much more manageable. She brought experience and humor to stressful situations and gave me confidence that the wedding itself would be wonderful.
Our actual day of was incredible- the décor was perfect, vendor coordination was smooth and logistics were expertly managed. My family and I were able to really enjoy our event as Lori orchestrated everything from set-up to the perfect timing of the first dance to getting our gifts home at the end of the night. And, the topper on the wedding cake, she surpassed my wildest expectations and made my quirky husband’s dreams come true by donning a bear costume and joining us on the dance floor! While a dancing bear isn’t for everyone, the point is she understood what we wanted and went BEYOND all expectations to make us happy. Lori Stephenson is a delight and made our wedding truly magical. I cannot recommend Lori and LOLA highly enough.

Profile Picture Alexandra, 7/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Civil, Cultural, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Working with Michelle at Lola Event Productions was a game changer. I reflect back on my wedding weekend and all the different smaller details that would have been missed without her expertise.

When I got engaged, I didn’t have a lot of help around to help plan my wedding. I was also the first in the family to be planning a wedding, so I didn’t have others’ past experiences to pull from. Needless to say, I definitely needed help. I found Lola by googling “best wedding planner in Chicago” and emailed to make an appointment immediately.

I had three requirements — I knew I needed to work with someone who (1) has worked on south asian weddings (2) truly understands my aesthetic and style and (3) honors my budget. Thank the wedding planning gods that Michelle was paired with me, because she did those things plus more.

When I met with her, the first thing I said is, “I need a partner-in-crime” and she beyond delivered. Every single detail, from the timeline, to vendor selection, communication, and day of event coordination was flawless. I am so thankful to have found Lola Event Productions and Michelle. Because of her, my wedding weekend went off without a hitch and I enjoyed every moment. I didn’t have to worry or stress about anything except showing up, looking great, and having an awesome time.

My husband (still sounds weird to say husband!) and I are overjoyed with our experience working with Michelle. She’s professional and fun. She served as more than just a stellar wedding planner. She became our confidant, friend, and honorary family member throughout the process. Her amazing work touched everyone in our family because it gave them an opportunity to be engaged in the events instead of running around coordinating and stressing.

We love Michelle!

Profile Picture Neha, 7/2/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

We are so grateful for the opportunity to have Carly Carynski from Lola Event Productions as our Wedding Coordinator for our July 2017 wedding at the South Shore Cultural Center. As someone who works in events, I planned much of our wedding myself, but I was really nervous about the execution on the day of. I knew that I would have trouble getting out of event mode and just enjoying the day, so I did my research on wedding planning services and came upon Lola’s great reviews. Lori was quick to answer my email request and set me up with Carly C. After meeting with Carly, I knew I was in good hands, as she was solving logistical issues I hadn’t event thought of yet. We chose the Last Minute Lola package which provides services 60 days before the wedding, and includes Day Of services along with an assistant. Carly helped us create a timeline, managed all communication with the vendors for the two crucial months before the wedding, and directed our rehearsal. On the wedding day, Carly arrived early, made sure I was calm yet excited, and made sure everyone was in the right place at the right time. Her assistant made sure our buses were filled and coordinated the back and forth of the long ride from Mag Mile hotels to South Shore, ensuring all guests arrived on time. At the venue, Carly took care of every detail before I could even think of it. I remember specifically when she asked if I wanted the lights dimmed in the reception, and I thought wow yes I totally do, it was like she read my mind before it even came to me! She made the end of the evening seamless, taking care of our gifts, having our hotel room key ready in my husband’s suit jacket, our take home floral pieces in our hotel room, our cards in the safe, along with a kind note. Coming back after a whirlwind day to those thoughtful details really ended it perfectly. Carly C and the Lola team went above and beyond, and we are so very thankful. My only regret is not booking her to plan the entire thing!

Profile Picture K, 7/1/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, Non-Religious

LOLA was the best decision we made and definitely worth every penny! Kirsty made every experience throughout the wedding process so enjoyable and easy! I couldn't imagine the process without her!

Profile Picture Erin, 6/17/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

When I got engaged, the first thing every former bride told me was to get a day-of coordinator. It will be the best money you spend they all said. They were right! We could not have been happier working with Michelle at Lola. Whether making herself available for any crazy questions during the planning process to managing everything on-site the day of with ease, she was a lifesaver! As someone who has planned several events in her career, I am PICKY. I need attention to detail, a no-nonsense attitude and someone who's client-oriented. Michelle is all these things! Plus, she's super knowledgeable about the Chicago wedding scene, has all the planning tools you could need and has a great relationship with many other vendors -- something that turned out to be invaluable for us in bringing the perfect day to fruition. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Jody, 6/4/17, 2 Reviews