LOLA Event Productions Reviews

141 | Chicago, IL

141 Reviews for LOLA Event Productions

• Linnea

Linnea Carlson · Getting married on 05/02/2022

The LOLA team surpasses all expectations

Most importantly, if you need a planning team, work with LOLA.

There are almost no words to describe how PERFECT my experience was with LOLA. Kristy Diana is a rock-star. She is organized, intuitive, empathetic, kind, always listening and made our day truly seamless. Everyone expects at least one thing to go 'wrong' on their wedding day...and so did I...but that did not happen. I have Kristy and her coordination (and countless vendors) to thank for that.

Sent on 07/21/2020

Morgan Covington · Getting married on 10/08/2021

Amazing experience!

We had the pleasure of working with Carly for our wedding last summer. My now husband and I had no idea what we were getting into when we started wedding planning. Carly's organization and attention to detail really helped us feel comfortable throughout the whole process. She helped us select vendors that really fit our taste and made our day extra special! I highly recommend Carly and Lola Events to anyone planning their big day!

Sent on 01/19/2021

Amanda Henry · Married on 10/10/2020

Awesome experience planning on a quick timeline!

I contacted Carly and asked her if she thought it was possible to plan a micro wedding in 3 weeks. She was so sweet (and did not laugh) and made it happen!! She hooked us up with the most amazing venue and vendors and helped us plan our dream wedding! Could not recommend Carly more!!!

Sent on 10/22/2020

Caroline · Married on 05/18/2020

Indispensable and worthy of all praises

Hiring Michelle from LOLA Event Productions was hands-down the best decision of my wedding planning journey. I'd never been to a wedding in my life and was apprehensive about planning my own with no benchmarks for what to expect. Michelle was there from Day One, telling me of my options on everything from place card table decor to photo booth placement. Michelle steered my fiance and I through all the planning decisions, always sympathetic and without any judgement. I had a vague idea of what I envisioned my wedding day to be and again Michelle stepped in, took my disjointed ideas and suggested centerpieces and aisle decors that were completely in line with my vision. She also recommended great vendors to us who fit our vision and worked with our budget.

Then COVID-19 hit and these recommendations became more key as we scrambled to forge a path forward. As a May 2020 bride, we decided in March to reschedule everything to December 2020. I live in London and reshuffling everything two months before the day of from abroad would have been impossible without Michelle. She was our rock amidst this pandemic storm and quickly got in touch with all our vendors, put together a list of potential dates with our vendors' availability and forwarded us any contract amendments needed. Then again, when we decided to pull the plug and cancel the wedding outright in July, Michelle helped us get in touch with all our vendors and organize all the contract cancellation terms in one email for us to digest. I cannot speak highly enough of Michelle; her organizational skills, empathy and creativeness were key assets for my wedding planning and smoothed the entire process down. Thank you Michelle, you've been absolutely wonderful!

Sent on 08/22/2020
  • Angela

Angela Wrubleski · Married on 04/07/2020

Amazing Chicago Wedding Planner!

I can’t say enough about how great it was to work with Lori on our surprise July 4th wedding. We had planned to get married in October of this year, but like many other brides and grooms we were forced to reschedule. Waiting till next year to officially tie the knot was not something we wanted to do, so we reached out to Lori to help us plan our small surprise wedding at my family Lakehouse. It was so helpful to have an expert to help navigate the many questions and thoughts we had regarding the rescheduling. Lori was patient with me and answered every question I had and helped me work through some last minute issues that arose the day before our wedding. Having to plan a wedding is a unique experience already but having to rescheduling a wedding during a pandemic is something that no one has had any experience with, but LORI handled it like she had been rescheduling weddings for years. If you are like me and trying to navigate rescheduling your wedding, I highly recommend reaching out to LOLA event pros for assistance with your wedding or event!

Sent on 07/16/2020

Dennis McLennand · Married on 04/07/2020

Crazy fast surprise!!

I really can't say enough good things about Lori and Lola Event Productions. We were scheduled to get married in October. With Covid and the uncertainty of that date we decided to have a surprise wedding at my, now wife's, family lake house. We only had a couple of weeks to plan and figure everything out. Having Lori on our team made a huge part of this mindless and easy. My Bride was stressing about a new dress and other details... meanwhile we didn't have to stress or even think about the ceremony and what Lori would be doing. We pulled off the surprise and our ceremony was amazing! Lori handled the announcement and getting everyone's attention. We then had the most beautiful ceremony. Thanks to Lori's attention to detail with questionnaires and what not the ceremony was amazing! I can't wait to use Zola Event Productions for our big party next year! Thanks for all of your help and wisdom and support. It's such a crazy time and deciding on a surprise wedding with only a few weeks notice is even crazier... we never could have done it without Lori and her team.

Sent on 07/16/2020

Jen Morgan · Married on 02/09/2020

Thank you to Lola & Michelle our day was FLAWLESS

There aren’t enough words to share just how incredible LOLA Event Productions are. We had the opportunity to work with Lori and Michelle and they are truly exceptional at what they do. Their communication, suggestions, organization, problem solving and execution are top notch. Michelle provided incredible vendor recommendations, was so helpful in creating and sticking to a budget, encouraged us to speak up on likes and dislikes and did not miss one detail big or small leading up to the wedding or on the wedding day. Michelle is SO good at what she does. Thank you to all of Michelle’s hard work we were able to fully enjoy our wedding day. Everyone says something goes wrong on their wedding day, so I assumed the same, but literally nothing went wrong and I owe that flawless day to Michelle.

Sent on 09/11/2020

Rachel V · Married on 12/14/2019

Lola review

Words cannot do justice to the next level of amazing that is Lori Stephenson. She is truly the best there is. She is a superhero minus the cape plus a fanny pack who is able to turn any girls dream wedding into a reality. I remember when we (my mom and I - who are we kidding, it was our wedding) first spoke to Lori, we had a gut feeling she was the one. We knew instantly we would be in the right hands. My mom and I are not always the easiest duo to manage and we have opinions on everything, and Lori managed it (read: us) flawlessly. She has a masters in Managing MOB. She has a way of getting everything in your to do list done, from the little details to the big picture theme, while keeping everyone around her calm and carrying on. She is perfect and makes the best day of your life even better than what you fantasized about. Trust me, once you go with Lori and LOLA, you will never look back!

Sent on 05/12/2020
  • Fernando

Fernando Martinez · Married on 12/07/2019

Small & Simple Magic

My now-husband and I became engaged in March of last year and had decided we wanted something small, simple, and soon. With a date for July 26th set in stone, we knew we needed to act fast. We had a few ideas in mind, but we still needed a little more direction in getting things finalized and setting a schedule set in stone for the big weekend. Enter Lola Event Pros! Lori couldn't have been any more helpful than she was in the few months leading up to our big day. Since we wanted to have the ceremony at Montrose Harbor, we also had to find an ordained minister who could meet us at the park. Lo and behold, Lori is also licensed in the state of Illinois and she graciously accepted our invitation to marry us.

Lori was of tremendous help in guiding us in our decision-making and making sure that everything went smoothly on the day of our ceremony. I always imagined wedding planners to be these master planners who made a huge magical day happen, but Lori was so instrumental in making our small and simple wedding a day to truly remember. I can't suggest Lori enough if you're looking to have something small and simple yet still amazing and a day to remember.

Sent on 05/17/2020
  • Jenna

Jenna Gilfoil · Married on 10/01/2019

The best wedding planner in Chicago!

If you’re newly engaged and looking for a planner... stop everything and hire Kristy Diana from Lola Event Productions. This was hands down the best decision I made, outside of saying yes to the proposal!

As someone who was new to Chicago and unfamiliar with the wedding scene, Kristy quickly put me at east with her calm demeanor, 12+ years of planning experience and massive rolodex to match. She custom built a plan and budget based on my specific needs, so I never felt that she was taking a cookie cutter approach. She is well connected and respected in the industry; everyone loves working with her. This made me feel confident that at the end of the day, I was getting the best deal and treatment possible.

On the wedding day, Kristy and her associate Fernando worked tirelessly behind the scenes to make everything run absolutely smoothly; anticipating needs at every turn so that we could sit back and truly enjoy our day.

As the saying goes, "you are only as good as the people who you surround yourself with" - and this couldn't be more true in our case! Kristy is an amazing planner and is an even more amazing person who we hope will be forever in our lives!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Megan Ratterman · Married on 09/21/2019

Impeccable Service

Kristy created a seamless fairytale wedding for my husband and I. We planned our wedding from out of state and could not have pulled it off without her. She was incredibly organized, has an eye for beautiful decor and was comforting and calm throughout the ENTIRE wedding planning process. She connected us to vendors who were also wonderful to work with. At one point during our wedding she took the bobby pins out of HER OWN hair so that I could fix mine from the wind! Everyone in my family fell in love with her. Our wedding was the best day of my life and she truly was the person behind it all. Thank you Kristy and thank you LOLA for finding and hiring such a gem!

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Liz

Liz · Married on 09/01/2019

Wonderful experience with Carly C!

Carly Carynski was amazing to work with! As I work in the events industry, I thought I had everything together, but boy was I glad to have her! I couldn't imagine things going any smoother and that had so much to do with Carly and her team! It was so nice to have her at the venue and her intern with us to make sure everything was going as planned. She was very detail-oriented and had wonderful advice. Meeting with her really was calming as I felt so comfortable knowing that everything would be okay and I didn't have to worry! She wanted to make it as easy as possible for me leading up to the wedding and the day of, which is exactly what I wanted. She even took all of the items we needed for the day of at the rehearsal and brought them to the ceremony & reception. She was there every step of the way and extremely professional throughout the process. I would definitely recommend using Lola for planning as I had the best experience!

Sent on 09/09/2019
  • Naomi

Naomi Wachs · Married on 08/30/2019

Kirsty Basch and LOLA are incredible!

Our wedding would not have been possible without LOLA and our phenomenal planner, Kirsty Basch. She is one of the most dependable, on-top-of-it people we have ever met, from responding to emails, keeping us on track in terms of timeline, organizing and being aware of each detail, she made the whole process of planning feel seamless. Everything happened with as little stress (and as much fun!) as we could have imagined.

In the midst of our busy lives, Kirsty made every decision feel possible and easy, finding ways to consider both budget and make the wedding of our dreams a reality. She recommended phenomenal vendors, who we likely wouldn’t have found ourselves. They were joys to work with and so professional, but also lovely people!

The wedding day itself went by so smoothly and we were able to just be present and enjoy ourselves without having to worry about anything. A week before the wedding, we asked Kirsty “what happens if anything goes wrong?” to which she replied “you won’t even know about it!”. Everything was planned and executed perfectly so nothing went wrong (that we know of at least :)), and we felt assured that she was on top of everything.

We cannot recommend Kirsty enough. She genuinely cares about the people she works with and is amazing at what she does. We feel lucky to have had her on our team throughout this long but incredible process to make our perfect wedding.

Sent on 09/22/2019

Alena Wash · Married on 07/06/2019

The BEST ever!!!

Kirsty from LOLA is THE BEST! Our wedding was incredible and Kirsty was huge help ensuring the day was perfect. They way Kirsty communicated to us, our guests and bridal party/family was calm, thoughtful and organized. Since we were out of state and planning the wedding from afar, Kirsty was able to jump in and meet with vendors for us, while always closely communicating with is. If you are getting married, you need LOLA!

Sent on 01/13/2020

Milo Siegel · Married on 06/22/2019

Hire the best wedding planner

I don't know how we would have pulled all of this off without Lori and LOLA. Everything went off without a hitch. Full disclosure, I was not 100% sold that we needed an event planner when we started the process. But I learned quickly that it was more than worth the price. For the months leading up to the event we had regular calls that kept us all on track, especially challenging with everyone spread across the country. And then on the actual day of the wedding I swear there were 4 clones of Lori. She was everywhere. And the few minor questions that came up were resolved immediately, without any stress. Can't say enough good things about Lori and LOLA

Sent on 08/08/2019

Amy Gonzalez · Married on 05/26/2019

Amazing day - thanks to Carly!

We couldn't have asked for a better day of coordinator for our wedding at the Chicago History Museum in May! Carly was amazing to work with and made the day extremely easy for us and our family. Everything progressed smoothly and because she was in the details of the day, we only had to enjoy the festivities with our guests. Thank you Carly for helping us create so many memories on our special day!!

Sent on 10/25/2019
  • Amy

Amy Gallacher · Married on 03/30/2019

The most amazing wedding planner!

We wanted to say a huge thank you for everything Lola events, and in particular everything our wedding planner Kirstin did for us.

Organising a wedding in Chicago whilst living in England was such a daunting task for us.
    From day one Kirstin was friendly, organised and always responded to our emails. She didn't miss a single detail throughout the planning process and her local knowledge and vendor experience made the planning process easy!

The wedding day itself flowed perfectly. Kirstin's level of preparation and organisation meant that we could relax and enjoy the day!
    At every moment I felt that you and your team took care of us so so well! The attention to detail (such as the hors d’oeuvres and wedding cake in our room) created magical moments that we will always cherish!

Overall Sohail and I had the most perfect wedding day! Our friends and family had an absolute ball and everyone keeps messaging us saying it was the best wedding they’ve ever been too (and the most well organised!)

I feel that throughout the process I gained a friend, as well having an amazing wedding planner! We highly recommend Lola and in particular the lovely Kirstin - our day would not have been the same without you!

Warmest wishes and huge thanks,

Amy and Sohail

Sent on 07/13/2019

Rachel Rasp · Married on 02/23/2019

LOLA gave us a one-of-a-kind dream wedding

Circumstances were stacked against my husband and I in planning our wedding-- our wedding was in Chicago but we live in DC, we work long hours, and I had both a job change and a major medical emergency over the course of the planning year. Despite all that, Kirsty at LOLA Event Productions never missed a beat. She helped my parents meet with vendors when my husband and I could not, she connected us with amazing vendors that were perfect for us, she got us through every panicked moment-- she was absolutely invaluable. In addition, she fully committed to our offbeat wedding theme and tastes-- this woman can do it all. I was worried that a wedding planner might try and discourage us from some of the more personalized and unique elements we wanted to add to our wedding, but Kirsty was here for it! She helped give us the best, most beautiful and most picture-perfect version of the nerdy planetarium wedding we wanted, despite the chaos of our lives during the planning year. She's honestly phenomenal, and we could not recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 03/09/2019

Jennifer Minkow · Married on 02/23/2019

Michelle + LOLA = The Dream Team

When we met with Michelle for the first time, we instantly knew she would be an excellent wedding planner. Her initial questions were thoughtful, meticulous, and catered to our specific needs. Over the course of ~10 months, Michelle and the LOLA team helped us coordinate a Jewish/Christian wedding that included two officiants, floral, catering, lighting, transportation, and stationery for a wedding of 225 people and a wedding party with 25. Needless to say, Michelle had her hands full.

At the end of the day, what separates Michelle is how much we could trust her. We knew she was always on our side, would advocate for the best prices, would be pragmatic in her suggestions, and wanted nothing more than for us to have the most perfect wedding, which we did, in large part thanks to her.

We highly recommend Michelle and LOLA; they were simply amazing!

Sent on 04/07/2019

Lynn Goldberg · Married on 12/08/2018

Jewish Lesbian Wedding Perfection

We got married three weeks ago and wish we could do it all over again. The entire weekend was perfect and we owe so much of that to Lori and her amazing wedding planner superpowers. We worked with Lori for 18 months leading up to our wedding day. Lori is knowledgeable, creative, so so organized, and FUN. Lori kept us on track and took on any issues and obstacles that came up. She was able to understand our vision and helped to translate that into the most beautiful day of our lives. There were so many details that we had not ever considered that Lori listed for us (in her very detailed planning tools) helped us understand and executed to perfection. This attention to detail ensured that we, our family and all our guest had such a wonderful experience. We planned our wedding with Lori while living out of the country. Lori was very responsive to texts, emails, phone calls and FaceTime. She knows everyone there is to know in the Chicago areas for weddings and events and every professional we talked to knew Lori and commented that they loved to work with her and we were in the best hands. Everyone she referred us to was amazing! As we were two women getting married, Lori ensured that everyone we worked with was sensitive and inclusive to this. When we met with a vendor or two whose language was not inclusive for a Lesbian wedding she went out of her way to discuss this with them without prompting from us. In fact she noticed more of these details than we did. Of course she did!! Lori was our advocate to ensure we had a perfect, beautiful, personal, stress free wedding. And let me say again, Lori is SO MUCH FUN. If you want the perfect wedding, if you want zero stress on your wedding day, and if you want to laugh and have fun while planning, hire Lori and her team at Lola events immediately. It will be your best decision since saying yes! Lori, we miss you already!

Sent on 12/30/2018
  • Laura

Laura · Married on 12/01/2018

Exceptional!

Carly C from LOLA crushed it! She was personable, detail-oriented, and hard-working. Most of all, she listened to us. She picked up on what was important to us and made those things a priority. She understood our vision, which we didn’t always articulate the best, and made the real-life event perfect. She suggested vendors that she knew would work well with our personalities and would deliver an exceptional result for the type of event we wanted. We received positive and enthusiastic feedback from all of our guests in the days that followed our wedding, and it was totally apparent to us how much of the success of our wedding was directly attributable to Carly and her hard work.

We decided to hire a planner as we knew we needed someone’s help to make a wedding happen with our busy schedules. We couldn’t have dreamed of how great that choice would be. Carly did an amazing job gently leading us through each step of the planning process. When the weekend came, she was completely on top of everything, leaving us to enjoy ourselves and have an amazing time with friends and family. If we could have, we would have hired her after the wedding to help us solve all of life’s problems. Highly, highly recommend.

Sent on 12/17/2019

Amanda Gering · Married on 11/10/2018

Best decision ever!

Kristy Diana at LOLA Event Productions singlehandedly made our wedding day the best day of our lives! It's difficult to express the gratitude my husband and I have for all Kristy did for us both before the wedding and on the day. We had the "Last Minute LOLA" package (aka day-of coordination), but it's NOT just "day-of." We began closely working with Kristy in the couple months leading up to the wedding to create our timeline, coordinate with our other vendors, and wrap up final details. We also hired Kristy to do our floral and venue decor and the results were above and beyond what I had envisioned (and I was pretty picky about what I wanted!).

Communication with Kristy was completely seamless; she made the process so easy, and she's the kind of person that gets along with everyone. As a former event planner, I had high expectations for the day and thought I would have trouble handing the reigns to someone else. Kristy was so amazing throughout the planning process that on the day, I had zero stress and complete confidence that Kristy and her team would orchestrate the event flawlessly. Kristy thought of every detail, was extremely organized, and kept me calm throughout the entire thing (which is a feat in itself).

Even for their most light-touch services, what LOLA does for their clients is priceless. In the weeks leading up to the wedding, I lost count of how many times I answered questions about tasks from family and friends with "Kristy is going to take care of that!" Kristy is an actual goddess super-hero with the scope of things she handled for us, and a real-life Mary Poppins with the emergency kit she had on hand, which saved my life when I got a massive black stain on my dress right before the ceremony.

If you are on the fence about hiring a coordinator or LOLA, you must do it!! It will, without a doubt, be the best decision you make throughout the entire process. I would have been a mess without Kristy, and can't thank her enough for the work and care she put into our big day.

Sent on 04/07/2019
  • Lauren

Lauren · Married on 10/26/2018

Look no further for your perfect wedding planner!

Where to even begin with how amazing Carly C. at Lola Event Productions is??? I am pretty organized and love to plan so after getting engaged in Feb. 2018, having a full-time planner wasn’t something I thought we would need. However, the more I planned, the more I started worrying about small details and organizing for the day. I did not want my mom and sister to be stuck doing a lot of tasks and not be able to enjoy the wedding. My mom had heard great things about Lola and suggested that I consider a day of planner. That’s when I reached out to Carly for day of planning and SOOO much was taken off my plate immediately. Shortly after hiring Carly, I was immediately sending her contracts which she organized. She also had super helpful responses and resources to any random questions I had regarding vendors or planning! Then over the summer, in July, we had our first official timeline planning meeting for my October wedding. The meeting was wonderful, and she already had SO much organized. She walked us through a draft timeline and we talked through ALL the details! She also gave us some important things to think about as well as helpful lists for further planning and specific things that we needed to get done in the coming months. After this meeting, she also started handling communications with vendors and getting them all set up and organized for the day, while also still answering my questions and responding to my every need/concern. Week of the wedding, Carly made my life SO easy, she handled all confirmations and planning with vendors, all timeline finalizations, and made sure the wedding party and our families were all on board with the timeline and plan for the wedding and rehearsal. I also never realized how much stuff I would need at the two different locations for the ceremony and reception – Carly handled all of it and made sure it was all delivered and set up beautifully. She also packed the largest most spectacular emergency kit you could think of for the wedding day!! I had not eaten a ton during the day of the wedding and got a headache – I did not have to worry about it for a second because Carly had snacks and meds galore and ready to go.

Our wedding day was truly the most beautiful, perfect fairy-tale I could have ever imagined, and I give so much credit to Carly for making it all possible. Me, my husband, family, and friends did not have to stress or worry about a single thing all day (or week) because Carly executed everything so flawlessly. She is amazing in every way and I cannot say enough good things about her. Carly is organized, polished, friendly, warm, understanding, conscientious, graceful, detail-oriented, and confident – you will NEVER regret hiring her or Lola – and you will most likely still be sending her thank you texts weeks after the wedding (like me!). Carly, we love you, thank you for helping us plan the wedding of our dreams!!!

Sent on 11/14/2018

Anonymous K · Married on 10/13/2018

South Asian Wedding

Working with Lori Stephenson was incredible from the start. We had the wedding in Chicago but neither of us were living there, so it was really important to have someone in the area. She was already familiar with south asian weddings so we felt very comfortable working with Lori. She was so responsive through e-mail, phone and text. She was able to find us multiple venue options and attend each of the visits. It really helped to have her there since she knows all the right questions to ask. She always made sure to know what we were looking for, and she was able to give us lists of vendors that fit our style. Additionally, she would send summary emails after each meeting to keep the momentum going. Even more, she was able to communicate with both of our families to incorporate everyone's traditions. She even came to the temple with us to meet with the priest to make sure she knew exactly what was needed.

As with any planning process, there were multiple times where we changed our minds (like no longer having the same day edit, or removing screens) and she was able to re-negotiate things with the vendors. Also, it's a good sign when every time you meet a vendor, they say that we are in amazing hands with Lori. The month before a wedding can become very stressful- I can't imagine how much time she put in to speaking to everyone. She was extremely conscientious about taking care of things in the background- which really took so much pressure off of us. Lastly, she and her team from Lola made the wedding weekend unforgettable. They knew the timeline down to every last detail and it was amazing to see everything come together. I could not have imagined planning this wedding without her. She really makes you feel like your wedding is a priority to her.

Sent on 11/20/2018

Deb Janowski · Married on 10/12/2018

Deb Janowski

Carly and the LOLA team made planning our big day such a breeze. Planning a wedding in Chicago from San Francisco seemed daunting, but Carly helped in so many ways. She planned venue visits all on one day, found a photographer who would fly to SF for engagement pictures, helped us make our cake of cheese possible, and coordinated with every vendor to make sure everything came together. On the actual day of the wedding, Carly did Ana amazing job making sure everything went smoothly - I didn’t worry about a thing! My husband and I would HIGHLY recommend working with Carly, it was one of the best wedding decisions we made!

Sent on 10/22/2018