Underwater People

333 N. Canal, Chicago, IL 60606 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 10

About Underwater People

Since 1992, Underwater People has been entertaining thousands of fans in the United States and overseas, through their performances at clubs, festivals and countless special events.

Based in Chicago, they have gained a reputation as being one of the Midwest’s premier wedding and special event bands by offering a hip alternative to the standard issue "tuxedo clad orchestra".

Comfortable playing all styles of music from classic rock and country to modern pop and beyond, they are renowned for their ability to entertain any audience regardless of age or taste in music.

When the music matters, Underwater People is the band for you.

Follow Underwater People on

• Videos 1

7 Reviews for Underwater People

• jimkoretz

Jim · Married on 03/25/2018

If you have the opportunity to work with Jake and Underwater People, you should. They made our wedding very special and they are simply AWESOME! Best of the best!!

Reine · Married on 10/01/2011

My wedding was 10/1/11...here is an email I just sent to Jim D:
    Hi Jim,

Well I can't believe it has been a month already since our wedding at Michigan Shores Club. I just wanted to send you a note to tell you how much we LOVED the band. I have had rave reviews on our reception from so many people, and everyone agreed that the band made a good wedding into a fantastic wedding! As I am sure you could tell since they would not let you stop playing! Thanks for going the extra mile, and playing a few more songs. I will never forget the final song with everyone in a circle around us and John Denver Country Road. Sounds sappy, but when you are buzzed at the end of the night, it was perfect!

And by the way, Matt and I thought you guys nailed For Once in my Life! We didn't know what to expect, and had been practicing our dance to Stevie Wonder, and you guys didn't change a thing, didn't miss a beat....and for me our first dance will always be one of my best memories of my wedding!

thanks again for everything!

Stefanie · Married on 07/17/2011

We couldn’t be happier with choosing Underwater People for our wedding reception! Jim was so informative, friendly, and amazingly easy to work with from the very first emails we exchanged, and their performance on the day was unbeatable! We continue to hear raves from our guests weeks after the wedding, and would recommend UWP in a heartbeat. You guys rock!
    Stef & Mike

Award

Underwater People FAQ

• Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Acoustic, Classic Rock, Country, Jazz, Motown, Oldies, Pop, Reggae, Rock
  • What music services do you provide? Liability Insurance