Smiling Toad Productions

Smiling Toad Productions

About Smiling Toad Productions

Making memories last in high definition

Smiling Toad Productions is a wedding videography company in Chicago, Illinois. Owner John Severson wants to use his filmmaking experience and love for culture to help capture the special moments of your wedding beyond what pictures can capture. Through cinematic, short form, documentary and storytelling techniques, he wants to show the uniqueness of you and your wedding. Smiling Toad Productions can capture every moment of your wedding from the rehearsal dinner all the way to the end of your reception.

Smiling Toad Productions offers competitive pricing for all of their services. The list of services available includes:

• Additional hours

Add'l Hours (2)
High-Def Video (2)
Short Form (1)
Rehearsal Dinner (1)

We used Smiling Toad, because I had seen one of their wedding trailers for a Facebook friend's wedding and loved it. John was very responsive, and the videographers who came out on the day were great, showed up on time, and were so unintrusive that I hardly knew they were there. I was actually nervous that they didn't speak up enough and didn't get what they needed, but it worked out! We got our videos about two months after our wedding (and MONTHS earlier than we expected!) and I love them so, so much. We also got a full-length video of the day, and I was shocked to notice that when, for example, they filmed our bridal party introductions, they didn't just record the video and audio and slap it online for us. They remembered which song we picked and edited it in to the film, so that the sound quality is excellent. And without me asking or mentioning, they figured out who was really important to have in the film, like my 94-year-old grandma. Just amazing attention to detail. And while I expected them to pick out the best parts of the toasts, they even picked out wonderful quotes from the homily (my uncle is the priest, although I'm not sure I told them that!) and included them, too.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Maureen, 10/14/17, 1 Review
Category: Videography

We received our short film and a full 97 minute edit of our night. Smiling Toad did a wonderful job and they were super subtle--- they videography team was never in the way but managed to capture everything and were so professional. We also changed our mind about the length of our videos after the wedding and the Smiling Toad team accommodated us for a wonderful result! Can't recommend them highly enough.

View Vendor Response

220x220 sq 1506451243390 imagejpeg0
220x220 sq 1506451335165 img4164

4 VIDEOS

3 ENDORSEMENTS
One of our "go to" video/film partners for their excellent product, service and pricing!

Professional, unobtrusive videographers, and beautiful final products. You can't go wrong with Smiling Toad.

John and his crew at Smiling Toad are reliable, creative, and go the extra mile to please their customers. My clients have raved about their videos from Smiling Toad. They are truly able to capture the emotion of wedding day. I always look forward to working with them.

Chicago, IL 60657   See On Map
708-505-9354 (phone)
By apointment only
Smiling Toad Productions is a wedding Videographer from Chicago, IL. We service weddings throughout the local area, including Chicago, Petoskey, and Oak Park. Smiling Toad Productions is a professional wedding Videographer that has been part of the Chicago wedding industry for 8 years. We specialize in Cinematic Documentary Wedding Films.