Five Grain Events

Chicago, IL View map

$4,000 Package Price

I would love to assist you in planning a stress-free celebration of the most exciting day of your life! From coming in a few weeks before the wedding and taking care of last minute details and day-of coordination, to making the journey with you from soon after your engagement, I'm excited to help with anything you need! Contact me to discuss your dream wedding and how Five Grain Events can help make that a reality.

• Woman-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$2,250

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$4,000

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$8,500

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$125

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Day-of Coordination
Full Planning
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Cultural
Destination
Double Weddings
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

illustration question

Do you have additional questions?

Message vendor

• Kate
    Kate B. Married on 12/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Do yourself a favor and hire Five Grain!

Due to COVID our wedding was postponed 3 times. Joan and her team were absolutely amazing through all of it- re-organizing vendors, updating the venue, etc. Joan was so great during the rehearsal and day of! I honestly don't how we would have gotten through it without her. She ensured that every detail, down to even clipping tiny threads only she noticed sticking out of my dress, was perfect. Apparently there were a few snafus but we didn't even notice, nor did the guests, because she took care of them 100%! The catering vendors she organized for us to try were spot on and she thought of EVERY small detail for us to think about prior to the big day. I even had a horrible dress issue just 2 days before the wedding and she organized a meeting with a great tailor in the area (we came up from Dallas just the day before) who sorted it out. She really went above and beyond for us, and we can't thank her enough for a truly memorable event- we wouldn't have changed a thing.
  • Megan
    Megan M. Married on 10/22/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Hire Five Grain immediately!

We hired Five Grain Events for our day-of-coordination and truly cannot recommend working with Joan and her team enough.

I was a very engaged and organized bride the entire wedding year (my husband was as well), and the idea of handing off the planning, details, and coordination after planning everything ourselves was both exciting and nerve wracking—we really wanted to be able to enjoy the day without “working” and wanted someone we could trust to handle things as they came up and just make sure everything went smoothly. Joan did WAYYYYYYY more than that.

She met with my husband Matt and I a few times leading up to the event, facilitated many of the last minute details, made us aware of details I would never have even thought about, and really helped take our wedding to a new level of polish and class that we wouldn’t have been able to achieve on our own. Joan even got cheers from our guests when the groomsmen forgot his champagne flute during his toast, and she was seamlessly ready to hand him a glass in the right moment—Joan was mentioned in my Dad’s toast, because he was so wowed at the final execution and orchestration of the big day.

Joan and her team were responsive, knowledgeable, professional, and truly just fun to work with. I can’t imagine our day going as perfectly as it did without them. Hire them immediately!

Literally my only regret is that we should have hired Five Grain for the entire wedding year and coordination experience—they are truly fantastic professionals and worth every penny spent. They will take your wedding from a “B” to an “A+” event.
  • Bridget
    Bridget Married on 08/13/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Give yourself the gift of Five Grain!

I was torn about hiring a planner, as I'm a relatively organized and type-A person who had already exceeded her wedding budget. Let me tell you - this was the best decision I made in the entire wedding planning process! Looking back now, I don't know what I would have done without Joan and her expertise! The selling point for me was the realization that it doesn't make sense to spend thousands of dollars for an event without hiring a professional to oversee and coordinate the many moving parts involved. I didn't have to be the point person for all the vendors and most importantly it limited my interaction with my challenging venue manager. I got to just enjoy the day and not worry about anything - our wedding truly went off without a hitch (or I didn't know about any issues, which is fine by me!). There was a huge benefit of having someone with extensive experience give me advice and tell me what works well in various situations. Planning a wedding is an intense process and it was made easy by Joan and her team. I was able to trust and outsource nearly all of the last minute coordination between vendors, which was a huge relief with my demanding work schedule. I've since been to a handful of weddings where there were minor snafus (couldn't hear the vows, DJ didn't have the first dance song (!) etc) and I couldn't help but feel grateful we avoided any similar glitches. I have nothing but amazing memories from that day and I am truly grateful to Five Grain Events for being there for me.
  • illustration stars

Did the reviews win you over?

Message vendor

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2016 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2012 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2011 Winner

Chosen with Bonnie Chosen with Bonnie Wedding Officiants

Joan helps create events that are flawless from beginning to end. Her warmth, professionalism and organizational skills make her a thrill to work with. If you have an event coming up, you will be in good hands with Five Grain Events!

Deepwell Photo Deepwell Photo Wedding Photographers

Five Grain Events runs an awesome wedding. We loved working with them--professional, fun, relaxed, didn't miss a beat!

Windy City Limousine and Bus Company Windy City Limousine and Bus Company Wedding Limos

Five Grain Events is awesome!! As the Wedding & Special Events Coordinator at Windy City Limos, I have worked with them A TON. Every experience has been unique, yet successful. I would recommend them for a number of reasons: 1) Joan & her team are always on top of the planning. Transportation is one of the last things that usually gets planned/confirmed with weddings. They always reach out to me at least a month prior to service. 2) They always look over the contracts and advise if any changes are needed. This ensures that each vehicle is booked for the correct number of hours, has all the correct details, and most importantly--has a finalized itinerary. 3) Joan, Emily, Ashley, & Jennifer have all been a pleasure to work with. Whether we are planning the transportation start to finish, or they are just confirming for their clients--Everything is always done with a positive attitude. We all know working in the wedding industry can be stressful, so having an entire team with such a positive outlook definitely helps. 4) They always send out Thank Yous to the vendors. No matter how many weddings I have worked with them on, I always receive a personalized note. This goes a long way! In all, I trust Five Grain Events every time we work together.

• Fleur, Inc
    4.6 out of 5 rating , 34 Reviews
    · Wedding Florists

Chicago, IL, 60618
Location of (Five Grain Events)

Other vendors in Chicago for your wedding