18 Reviews for Hot Dot Events

Guest List (1)
Partial Planning (1)
Referrals (1)
16 Hot Dot Events Reviews

Lindsay was so helpful with planning my daughter's Bat Mitzvah. She knew all the right event vendors to help me and was instrumental in helping me make all my decisions. She was kind, responsive and organized. On the event weekend, she ensured everything ran smoothly! I loved working with Lindsay and highly recommend her.

Profile Picture Lauren, 12/9/17, 1 Review
Category: DJ, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Flowers, Invitations, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Planning

Lindsay made the wedding planning process so much easier and pulled through in every way for us on our big day!! I could not have imagined doing any of this without her! She has become a friend in the process and even when things got a little hectic on the big day she always had a smile on her face!! Thank you so much again!!!

Profile Picture TARA, 10/7/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I loved Lindsay as soon as I met her. We hired her for "month of" event planner for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah celebration. She was super enthusiastic about my event and had lots of suggestions to offer. Our other vendors who we have used in the past also enjoyed working with her. She is pleasant, and works hard to make your event just what you want it to be. She halped me out by picking up items from two different vendors for me since we were traveling back into town for our event. She also brought an excellent assistant, who happened to be the one who made our awesome centerpieces!

Profile Picture Martine, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Officiant
2.6

When I first sat down with Lindsay after doing a venue walk-through, she pulled out a blank Word document and asked me when my wedding day was again. She then tried to remember all of the vendors to list out on the paper. This might be a small thing but it struck me as extremely unprofessional. I paid her for "Month-of Coordination" but I did not hear from her until a week before the wedding. I only heard from her at this point because I updated her on a few changes. She responded by blasting my phone with multiple text messages while also sending me urgent emails, stressing me out tremendously just a few days before my wedding, all because she didn't know what was going on. If she had been acting as a "Month-of" coordinator, she would not have had to stress me out because she would have known what was going on. On the wedding day, she was told not to talk to me at all, every question went to my matron of honor. So I can't comment on her behavior on the wedding day since my matron of honor was the best and I never had to speak with Lindsay. The only time I saw Lindsay was during the actual wedding and it was only when she was directing us to the next activity. She was very pleasant at the wedding and got the job done well. Her assistant was also really pleasant.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture Kelly, 7/7/17, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Religious, Partial Planning

Lindsay really knows her stuff when it comes to finding the right vendors for your wedding. We had difficult time in this department and it was good to have someone there when we needed it. She made the day of less stressful for me because people went to her with the problems and I didn't have to worry about a thing.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/28/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I only wish that there was a number higher than 5. Lindsay and her team managed to make our day seamless and stress free even with minor delays. She even managed to make my dream come to life with us planning the event from out of state. Well worth every penny and a delight to work with.

Profile Picture Brandi, 3/5/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Overall I was pleased with Lindsay from Hot Dot Event. Her performance and management during my Wedding event was great. She was professional and courteous to me and to my guests during the event and throughout the wedding planing. Unfortunately, her schedule was not flexible to arrange meetings and conference for the wedding planning which was at times very stressful and frustrating for me to adjust to and work around her schedule since I work full-time as well. There were many times where she was not able to make it to the meetings on time and also she had to leave early from the meetings. In terms of searching for vendors, she was very quick and creative to compile a list of requested vendors however, her purposed vendors were typically on the high end that prompted me to search on my own and was able to find cost effective vendors for my budget, only cost me extra time and energy.
Overall, I was happy with the final results and I would recommend Hot Dot Events!

Profile Picture User5638164, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Just wanted to give a big thank you to Lindsay with Hot Dot Events. My husband and I were hosting a rehearsal dinner for
50 at a restaurant in Round Rock. We wanted special decorations and did not want the stress of picking them up the
day of the rehearsal or taking them back the day of the wedding. Lindsay made sure the decorations were picked up,
set up and taken back, leaving us to actually enjoy the rehearsal dinner. Thank you, Mary

Profile Picture User5561299, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies

I would highly recommend Lindsay with Hot Dot events. She met with us several times to ensure we had our timeline of events and vendors covered. She helped us find floral and make up vendors-that were fabulous! As our day of coordinator she ensured everything flowed smoothly and help set up and take down the event.

Profile Picture User5552751, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Reception, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Full Planning, Guest List, Referrals, Religious
3.4

My event was a babyshower and in hindsight I may not have needed a planner due to unexpected changes at the last minute but there was no real way to adjust for the circumstances. My planner was helpful and as understanding since those events were not in her control.

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User5510088, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Party Supplies

My partner and I pretty much planned our entire wedding by booking all the vendors and coming up with a vision of how we wanted things to go, including the little details. But we knew we didn’t want to have to worry about dealing with things that came up on the day-of, so we hired Lindsay. We researched other event planners in the area, and Lindsay ended up being the most affordable for the services we wanted.

Leading up to the actual wedding, Lindsay met with us at the venue for a walk-thru and she worked with us on a timeline. We gave her all our vendor information and she was in communication with all those people in the weeks leading up to the wedding. She helped me manage some details that I hadn’t even thought of.

On the actual day-of, Lindsay arrived with an assistant and helped set up the reception space with the centerpieces and place settings the way I wanted them to look. As an added bonus, she set up the cake table in a really cute way. She and her assistant were on hand to get us our food early, and our cocktails.

Lindsay’s biggest strength, I’d say, is timeline and “crisis” management. Little issues came up with vendors on the day of the actual wedding, and as soon as a problem was identified, she was on it to fix it. It is totally worth it to hire her for that reason alone. Plus, she managed the actual timeline so well that we were even AHEAD of schedule at one point, so we decided to move things up to give everyone more time for dancing.

Profile Picture User5184227, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Couldn't have done it without her.

Profile Picture Heather, 4/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I could not have done it without her.

Profile Picture Heather, 4/4/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Lindsay, with Hot Dot Events, was seriously amazing. She made planning our wedding so carefree, easy, and fun! Not once during our entire 8 month engagement was I stressed about anything. Any time I thought something needed done, Lindsay was already 1 step ahead of me. Our entire wedding was flawless and it is all thanks to Lindsay! For anyone engaged, hire this company while your date is still available, seriously, it will be the best decision you make as you begin to plan your wedding!

Profile Picture Hannah, 10/11/14, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Lindsey and Hot Dot Events literally saved the day!

My nephew got married in the summer and refused to have an event planner at all... well...that was a bad idea!
Lindsey who was only supposed to be a guest, stepped in at the last minute and basically took over and organized everything, making sure that everything worked out smoothly. She flew in early to help us, bringing her own supplies and hiring what else was needed. She decorated the hall beautifully, made sure everything on the day ran smoothly. she even made sure the cake was cut properly!
Without Lindsey and Hot Dot Events our event would have been a complete disaster, with her expertise it was an exquisite day, and Lindsey still managed to enjoy the wedding herself!
Lindsey also dealt with the other providers at and after the wedding, including the caterer, the cake provider and the photographer, making sure everyone got paid, dealing with last minute hiccups etc. taking a great burden off our shoulders.

I get to go to a lot of weddings and celebrations so I know a good organizer when I see one. I just wished we'd booked Lindsey and Hot Dot Events at the very beginning!

I will certainly ask Lindsey's Hot Dot Events to arrange my next event - she's amazing.

Profile Picture Johanna, 8/14/14, 1 Review
Category: Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Party Supplies, Unique Services (Other), Wedding Planning

Lindsay and Hot Dot events did a great job helping me organize my wedding. She swooped in just at the right moment and helped me get everything ready on time. Everyone had a great time and I was so happy on my special day.

Profile Picture Julie, 8/14/14, 1 Review