Hot Dot Events Reviews

18 | Austin, TX

18 Reviews for Hot Dot Events

18 Hot Dot Events Reviews

Lauren · Married on 12/09/2017

Lindsay was so helpful with planning my daughter's Bat Mitzvah. She knew all the right event vendors to help me and was instrumental in helping me make all my decisions. She was kind, responsive and organized. On the event weekend, she ensured everything ran smoothly! I loved working with Lindsay and highly recommend her.

TARA · Married on 10/07/2017

Lindsay made the wedding planning process so much easier and pulled through in every way for us on our big day!! I could not have imagined doing any of this without her! She has become a friend in the process and even when things got a little hectic on the big day she always had a smile on her face!! Thank you so much again!!!

Brandi · Married on 03/05/2017

I only wish that there was a number higher than 5. Lindsay and her team managed to make our day seamless and stress free even with minor delays. She even managed to make my dream come to life with us planning the event from out of state. Well worth every penny and a delight to work with.

Just wanted to give a big thank you to Lindsay with Hot Dot Events. My husband and I were hosting a rehearsal dinner for
    50 at a restaurant in Round Rock. We wanted special decorations and did not want the stress of picking them up the
    day of the rehearsal or taking them back the day of the wedding. Lindsay made sure the decorations were picked up,
    set up and taken back, leaving us to actually enjoy the rehearsal dinner. Thank you, Mary

I would highly recommend Lindsay with Hot Dot events. She met with us several times to ensure we had our timeline of events and vendors covered. She helped us find floral and make up vendors-that were fabulous! As our day of coordinator she ensured everything flowed smoothly and help set up and take down the event.

My partner and I pretty much planned our entire wedding by booking all the vendors and coming up with a vision of how we wanted things to go, including the little details. But we knew we didn’t want to have to worry about dealing with things that came up on the day-of, so we hired Lindsay. We researched other event planners in the area, and Lindsay ended up being the most affordable for the services we wanted.

Leading up to the actual wedding, Lindsay met with us at the venue for a walk-thru and she worked with us on a timeline. We gave her all our vendor information and she was in communication with all those people in the weeks leading up to the wedding. She helped me manage some details that I hadn’t even thought of.

On the actual day-of, Lindsay arrived with an assistant and helped set up the reception space with the centerpieces and place settings the way I wanted them to look. As an added bonus, she set up the cake table in a really cute way. She and her assistant were on hand to get us our food early, and our cocktails.

Lindsay’s biggest strength, I’d say, is timeline and “crisis” management. Little issues came up with vendors on the day of the actual wedding, and as soon as a problem was identified, she was on it to fix it. It is totally worth it to hire her for that reason alone. Plus, she managed the actual timeline so well that we were even AHEAD of schedule at one point, so we decided to move things up to give everyone more time for dancing.

Heather · Married on 04/04/2015

Couldn't have done it without her.

Heather · Married on 04/04/2015

I could not have done it without her.

Hannah · Married on 10/11/2014

Lindsay, with Hot Dot Events, was seriously amazing. She made planning our wedding so carefree, easy, and fun! Not once during our entire 8 month engagement was I stressed about anything. Any time I thought something needed done, Lindsay was already 1 step ahead of me. Our entire wedding was flawless and it is all thanks to Lindsay! For anyone engaged, hire this company while your date is still available, seriously, it will be the best decision you make as you begin to plan your wedding!

Johanna · Married on 08/14/2014

Lindsey and Hot Dot Events literally saved the day!

My nephew got married in the summer and refused to have an event planner at all... well...that was a bad idea!
    Lindsey who was only supposed to be a guest, stepped in at the last minute and basically took over and organized everything, making sure that everything worked out smoothly. She flew in early to help us, bringing her own supplies and hiring what else was needed. She decorated the hall beautifully, made sure everything on the day ran smoothly. she even made sure the cake was cut properly!
    Without Lindsey and Hot Dot Events our event would have been a complete disaster, with her expertise it was an exquisite day, and Lindsey still managed to enjoy the wedding herself!
    Lindsey also dealt with the other providers at and after the wedding, including the caterer, the cake provider and the photographer, making sure everyone got paid, dealing with last minute hiccups etc. taking a great burden off our shoulders.

I get to go to a lot of weddings and celebrations so I know a good organizer when I see one. I just wished we'd booked Lindsey and Hot Dot Events at the very beginning!

I will certainly ask Lindsey's Hot Dot Events to arrange my next event - she's amazing.

Julie · Married on 08/14/2014

Lindsay and Hot Dot events did a great job helping me organize my wedding. She swooped in just at the right moment and helped me get everything ready on time. Everyone had a great time and I was so happy on my special day.

Sheree · event on: 12/13/2014

Lindsay helped with all of the decorations for my son's 6th birthday party. It was Minecraft themed and the end result was amazing. All of the children and parents were very impressed. Lindsay has great relationships with many vendors, which was a plus. The woman she used for the cake and cupcakes did an amazing job. Not only did they look great, they were delicious. I would definitely recommend Lindsay for any type of event. She will not disappoint you!!

Elise · event on: 05/16/2015

This was a lovely and intimidate party Lindsey planned and executed. A friend of mine from college hired her to design a baby shower for me. The food and decorations were thoughtful and delicious! And the games and activities she planned were so creative and fun! We painted onesies for one. That was great! The event made me feel special and loved.

Amanda · Married on 05/28/2017

Lindsay really knows her stuff when it comes to finding the right vendors for your wedding. We had difficult time in this department and it was good to have someone there when we needed it. She made the day of less stressful for me because people went to her with the problems and I didn't have to worry about a thing.

Martine · Married on 09/02/2017

3.0
      3.5

I loved Lindsay as soon as I met her. We hired her for "month of" event planner for my daughter's Bat Mitzvah celebration. She was super enthusiastic about my event and had lots of suggestions to offer. Our other vendors who we have used in the past also enjoyed working with her. She is pleasant, and works hard to make your event just what you want it to be. She halped me out by picking up items from two different vendors for me since we were traveling back into town for our event. She also brought an excellent assistant, who happened to be the one who made our awesome centerpieces!

Overall I was pleased with Lindsay from Hot Dot Event. Her performance and management during my Wedding event was great. She was professional and courteous to me and to my guests during the event and throughout the wedding planing. Unfortunately, her schedule was not flexible to arrange meetings and conference for the wedding planning which was at times very stressful and frustrating for me to adjust to and work around her schedule since I work full-time as well. There were many times where she was not able to make it to the meetings on time and also she had to leave early from the meetings. In terms of searching for vendors, she was very quick and creative to compile a list of requested vendors however, her purposed vendors were typically on the high end that prompted me to search on my own and was able to find cost effective vendors for my budget, only cost me extra time and energy.
    Overall, I was happy with the final results and I would recommend Hot Dot Events!

3.4
      2.5
      3.5

My event was a babyshower and in hindsight I may not have needed a planner due to unexpected changes at the last minute but there was no real way to adjust for the circumstances. My planner was helpful and as understanding since those events were not in her control.

Sent on 10/09/2015

Hot Dot Events's reply:

I feel I need to respond to this review to clarify some things. I was not hired as a planner for this baby shower, I was hired to design and decorate for $500 which was to include the cost of the decor. I spent 10 hours researching and developing a design which was changed over and over before the day of the event. Then I spent an estimated 2 hours of communication via email and texts showing pictures of items selected that were then changed. Lastly, I spent 4 hours and mileage picking up and returning rentals and setting up and breaking down of the decorations. I made about $15 per hour for this event and I feel that's quite the value. I usually charge much more than that. Also, I know I was normally very quick to respond to you, sometimes even late at night whenever you had questions or concerns or changes to the decor, which was often the case. So I feel like I was very flexible and responsive as well. So you could imagine how shocked I was to see your rating.

Kelly · Married on 07/07/2017

2.6
      2.0
      2.5
      0.5

When I first sat down with Lindsay after doing a venue walk-through, she pulled out a blank Word document and asked me when my wedding day was again. She then tried to remember all of the vendors to list out on the paper. This might be a small thing but it struck me as extremely unprofessional. I paid her for "Month-of Coordination" but I did not hear from her until a week before the wedding. I only heard from her at this point because I updated her on a few changes. She responded by blasting my phone with multiple text messages while also sending me urgent emails, stressing me out tremendously just a few days before my wedding, all because she didn't know what was going on. If she had been acting as a "Month-of" coordinator, she would not have had to stress me out because she would have known what was going on. On the wedding day, she was told not to talk to me at all, every question went to my matron of honor. So I can't comment on her behavior on the wedding day since my matron of honor was the best and I never had to speak with Lindsay. The only time I saw Lindsay was during the actual wedding and it was only when she was directing us to the next activity. She was very pleasant at the wedding and got the job done well. Her assistant was also really pleasant.

Sent on 07/27/2017

Hot Dot Events's reply:

It is unfortunate that you felt my month-of coordination services were sub-par. I used the same procedures for you that I use for all of my other clients who gave me 5 star reviews. We met more than two months before your wedding date for our timeline meeting where I always start with a blank document to confirm the date, start/end times, vendors, etc. and fill everything in together with my clients during the meeting to make sure I don't miss any detail. Then I customize the timeline to each client since each event is so different. I'm not sure why you think that is unprofessional. I sent you the timeline 2 weeks after for editing/approval and although I collected all your vendor contracts, not all of the contact information for each vendor was on them. Most of your vendors I had worked with before or researched and found contact info for them, but there were two that did not come up during my research so I asked you for that information. You responded by saying you didn't want me to send out the timeline to anyone and didn't give me their contacts, so I repeatedly asked for the missing information as I had no other way of obtaining it. Hence the many messages after that to explain why it is imperative that all vendors have the same timeline in order to successfully manage the flow of the day. Once I was able to convince you why it was so important for me to have that info, you gave it to me and I stopped contacting you. As I said before, I can't make sure everything is going to run smoothly, and that everyone knows where to be and when, without them having the timeline. I apologize if that was stressful to you. There would have only been one message if you had given me the information the first time I asked for it. So, that was the issue the week before the wedding... I had still not gotten the two vendors' contact info to send them the timeline. I knew what was going on but needed them to know too.