Hilton Garden Inn, Frederick Reviews

8 | Frederick, MD

8 Reviews for Hilton Garden Inn, Frederick

Alyson · Married on 10/12/2013

The Hliton Garden Inn was the most perfect wedding reception location!!! Cathy and Ashley were absolutely amazing to work with! The hotel was beautiful, in a great location, with absolutely wonderful staff. The Hilton catered our food, with tons of options to choose from. We also had an open bar, which was very hard to find a venue with a decent price. The rooms were big, upgraded, and clean - all of our guests stayed in comfort! I cannot say enough about how wonderful the staff is there!! I would 100% choose to have my reception there if I had to do it all over again!! I cannot say enough good things about it!

Sent on 12/06/2013

Natasha · Married on 02/04/2011

There aren't enough expressions of thanks and words of appreciation that we can give them. From the very first day of planning until the day after they were extremely helpful and accomodating. For food we selected the Taste of Italy buffet menu along with the Turkey carving station and for dessert assorted mini cheesecakes. Everything tasted so good. My family still goes on about how good the food was. We also had breakfast with the family the morning after which was also good. FYI the waffles that you make there are DELICIOUS! I have been thinking about that waffle since I left. If you'll share recipes I want that waffle batter recipe :D.On behalf of The Shields/Gamboa family we wish to THANK YOU all again for a truly memorable day. By the way, we will be visiting for waffles LOL.
    Ashley Miles: Director of Sales, folded flower napkins (Very nice. Took excellent notes for Christine)
    Christine Seaberg: Catering Sales Manager (Great customer service skills and patient. Made planning much smoother and easier. Made sure everything we expected and asked for was done)
    Chef John - cooked all the food (Delicious food. Great personality and a true genius at his art)
    Cook Wanda - assisted with cooking the food
    Cook Robert - assisted with cooking the food and was the carving station attendant (Very friendly. Came to us personally to congratulate us)
    Herland - dish washer (Kept everything shining)
    Steve - bartender (Makes great drinks and kept the guests happy)
    Kevin - Banquet Captain, set up and tear down of ballroom and prefunction area ( We love him. Excellent customer service skills and knowlwdge. Made the hotel feel like being home with family)
    Mark - assisted with the set up and tear down of ballroom and prefunction area (Hard/Diligent worker. Good personality and does a good job at making sure his hotel patrons are well taken care of)
    Donald - Guest Care Manager, assisted with set up and tear down of ballroom, folded flower napkins (very friendly, bubbly personality with excellent customer service skills).
    Jesse - Front Desk Agent, checked in all your guests (Good customer service skills very accomadating) -The Gamboas 02/04/2011

Sent on 04/06/2011

Kara · Married on 08/12/2018

We were thrilled with our decision to use Hilton Garden Inn for guest accommodations for our Frederick wedding! We got married at Springfield Manor, a short drive or shuttle from the hotel, and after looking at several hotels we found them to be the best in terms of price, capacity and amenities. I was looking for a place that had decently-sized rooms since my bridesmaids and I would be getting our hair and makeup done at the hotel and found that the Hilton Garden Inn had a great amount of space in each room style. They also had refrigerators and microwaves, which was great for guests who were coming in from out of town and for us, since we had brought some snacks and drinks for our guests throughout the weekend. The staff were very nice and professional, and our experience working with Tania and Wendy was great as well; they answered all our questions, were flexible to our needs and distributed our gift bags to the guests. Additionally, the location was extremely convenient! Across the street is a shopping center with anything you'd need (suit and dress shops, restaurants/bars, a nail salon, liquor store/groceries, etc.). Everyone who stayed there seemed very happy with their rooms and the hotel overall, and I'd highly recommend it to anyone hosting a wedding in or around Frederick!

Sent on 08/26/2018

Tracy · Married on 10/22/2016

Staff was courteous and our wedding party was able to check in a few hours early. Everything was nice quality and it was great to have our guests be able to socialize in the lobby after the wedding.

Sent on 11/05/2016

Amanda · Married on 09/28/2019

Great Wedding Block

We had a great experience with HGI Frederick for our wedding! We had a block of rooms for our guests, and the sales managers were really accommodating as far as adding more rooms as needed and troubleshooting any booking issues. Everyone at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The rooms were very nice, clean, and comfortable. There was a little confusion with the bar hours post-reception, however, Wendy went above and beyond and allowed the bar to stay open later for everyone to enjoy the bar after our reception.

Sent on 10/18/2019

Rita · Married on 05/21/2016

2.4
      3.0
      2.0

We used the Hilton Garden Inn for our hotel block for our guests, and it was a very stressful experience for us. First, it was nearly impossible to get in touch with the Sales & Catering Manager when we had questions or issues. We would leave multiple messages through email, phone, with the concierge, and with the Sales office, and wouldn't hear back for days. When our guests called to book their rooms, they were told there were no more available rooms under our block, which was not true. The front desk was extremely rude to our family members and refused to double check with a manager, so my husband and I had to call and deal with it. We knew we had a ton of guests wanting to stay at the hotel, but they would only let us book 10 rooms at a time, so we had to keep calling (which was frustrating because it often took 3 days to just get on the phone with the catering manager) to ask them to release more rooms. By that point, the hotel had filled up and they could not offer us any additional rooms, so ultimately we had to secure 3 additional blocks at other hotels and pay extra to transport our guests from multiple locations. When we arrived to drop off our welcome bags before our rehearsal, no one offered to help us transport the bags from our car, even when we asked the concierge. We were told to get a dolly and ended up making multiple trips to and from the car by ourselves. Even though our guests ended up booking 35 rooms, we did not feel like we were treated as valued guests, despite both of us being HHonors members. The lack of communication, attitude toward our guests, and disorganization was unacceptable, and I would not recommend them for your group block.

Sent on 09/02/2016

Meg · Married on 10/21/2017

1.6
      1.5
      3.0
      2.0

Stayed here as the bride of a wedding party, and mediocre experience at best. While they've tried to update the place, it's not fit for the amount of people that pass through. Staff was not accommodating for wedding parties, and failed to pass out the brochures explicitly stated in both email and after driving 1.5 hours to drop them off. Unreliable Internet. OK gym. OK water pressure. Bed was hard as a rock - not what you'd want right before getting married. Breakfast was mediocre and overpriced. Smoke detectors were blinking bright green lights every 2 seconds - something that should be out of a horror movie. Overall, not the usual Hilton that we all know and love.

Sent on 10/22/2017

Jessica · Married on 08/18/2017

1.0

So far, I have had a terrible experience with this hotel regarding the block of rooms that I reserved. Our wedding is not until August, so I am hoping that they will be able to get their act together and eventually change my opinion. From the beginning I have had issues with contract information not matching our requested dates, Group Code on the contract not matching what they told me it was, and that Group code not matching. what they had in there systems. Some of my guests were initially unable to book rooms because of the incorrect code and I have been unable to set up my guest list manager to view the rooms booked and rooms still available. Progress has been made to fix the situation but I am thoroughly disappointed with how some of the staff members and the GM have responded to the situation. Tania has been extremely understanding and I can tell that she is doing her best to help. I hope that the hotel will be able to get things in order by August. I have had such positive experiences at other Hilton Garden Inn's and I would hate for this to end in disappointment.

Sent on 05/29/2017