3523 W Belmont Ave, Chicago, IL 60618 Map · Phone number

About The Smitten Bride

We have been creating weddings that exceed our clients wishes for over 6 years! Whether it is Full, Partial or Day of Coodination, our creativeness and attention to detail ensures a memorable affair! Let us ensure it is a stress-free day for you! After all, you have been dreaming about it since childhood!

Follow The Smitten Bride on

bernsteinsikeswedding4
RESIZEDIMG8297

25 Reviews for The Smitten Bride

Daniel · Married on 11/08/2014

Our wedding was in November and we planned most of it ourself, but decided to check out a day-of wedding planner due to some concerns we had about our venue.

Katie spent our first phone call going over our plans to that point, including a bunch of details we hadn't actually worked out yet. We signed up immediately and met her for coffee to go over all of the details and give her contracts to review. She put together a schedule down to the minute and we had a few more emails as necessary to wrangle details. She also touched base with most of our vendors and confirmed details as necessary closer to the wedding. On the day-of, she was almost invisible so it's easy to forget that she helped organize people, set up and take down the church and venue, direct vendors, hand out tips, and a hundred other things.

Our wedding day was great and hiring Katie was one of the best decisions we made. She is awesome at her job and we've already recommended her to others.

Sent on 01/11/2015

Erin · Married on 11/01/2014

Katie was the BEST day of coordinator!!! From the very beginning when we had our initial meetings to the very end of our wedding night, she was always happy, easy to work with, and incredibly efficient! Several of my other vendors and a lot of my family members and bridal party even commented on how personable she was, and all were impressed at how awesome she was! I was initially on the fence about having a day of coordinator, but please trust me: it is beyond worth it!! Having Katie on our team made our wedding day effortless for my husband and I- all we had to do was sit back and enjoy, and Katie took care of ALL of the details! She made sure everything went perfectly!! She is incredible and I would recommend her to anyone!!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Cyndi · Married on 10/18/2014

I did not want to have a big wedding, I wanted to sneak away and elope- just my fiance and I. Unfortunately, he did not feel the same way. After I realized I would be having a big wedding, I knew I would need some help. Party planning (for a party I didn't want to have) was not a personal strength. After doing some online research and making a few calls, I found Katie at The Smitten Bride. Following a brief phone conversation I hired her as my day of coordinator.Hiring Katie was the best money spent on my entire wedding. Katie was kind, experienced, focused and professional. She met with us a few weeks before the wedding, created a detailed timeline for the day and managed everything from the girls getting ready in the morning to the final pack up of decorations at the end of the night. A few examples: (1) The Timeline. Katie's timeline was detailed and thorough. I received the final version a few days before the wedding and was able to send it out to everyone taking part in the day. They knew exactly where they should be and when. This cut down on a lot of questions for me. (2) Managing people before the ceremony/during the reception. Katie tracked down and organized everyone, making sure they were where they needed to be. My sister was nervous about her speech, and Katie gave her a warning before, then brought the mic right up to her and stood nearby in case my sister needed anything. My groom and I wanted to do a first look before the ceremony. Katie organized everything so the photographers were set up and James was ready before I came into the room. She held onto our gifts and brought them so we could exchange them. (3) Reception set up. While we were on the trolley taking pictures, Katie set up our entire venue. I'm not too talented at pulling things like that together, and I literally gave her a box of stuff (pictures of parents, grandparents at their wedding, candles, etc.) and she made it look amazing! Thank you Katie, you made our day perfect.

Sent on 10/20/2014

• Jason Kaczorowski Photography
    Jason Kaczorowski Photography Wedding Photographers

Jennifer and her team always keep vendors informed prior to events with details that allow us focus on doing what we do best to serve our clients. At events, The Smitten Bride's professionals swiftly come to the aid of clients needs while diligently working behind-the-scenes the create a seamless presentation for their clients. I've not only had the pleasure of working events orchestrated by The Smitten Bride, I've also worked hand-in-hand with their team to craft their unique vision and aid in orchestrating my own functions. You won't find a more dedicated, reliable, professional and personable team of event planners and coordinators than Chicago's own, The Smitten Bride. I've had the pleasure of both working with The Smitten Bride to execute events for wedding clients and recently during my own event and always relax in the confidence that I'm in the hands of such incredibly talented professionals. The Smitten Bride rocks!

• 3523 W Belmont Ave Chicago, 60618 See on map