453 Apple Road, Boones Mill, VA 24065 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Photos & Videos 32
  • Pricing
  • Real Weddings 1

About Sundara

A rustic wedding venue in Boones Mill, Virginia, Sundara is ideal for couples looking to wed surrounded by luscious gardens and magnolia trees. Established in 2003, the venue services couples throughout the Boones Mill, Richmond, Blacksburg, and Northern Virginia areas. Treating couples and their guests like family, Sundara is the perfect choice for making sure each couple’s dream day runs seamlessly from start to finish!

Facilities and Capacity
Couples may host their ceremony and/or reception in an event space that accommodates a maximum of 300 guests.

Engaged couples who book Sundara benefit from the following services and amenities:

• Event planning
  • Server(s)
  • China
  • Flatware

Other Services
Couples may also benefit from the following wedding-event services:

• Ceremony
  • Reception
  • Bridal suite
  • Groom’s room

Other Facilities
Sundara also provides transportation parking lot and access-related facilities for guests.

Location
Sundara is located 20 minutes south of Roanoke, 3 hours west of Richmond, and 3.75 hours south of Washington, DC.

vba 0914 2410 25473117692 o 51 54736
sundaraoh 041518 1261 51 54736
sundaraoh 041518 1424 pano 51 54736
sundaraoh 041518 1606 51 54736
Sundara
sundara weddings virginia weddingphotographer best patcoriphotography75of908 51 54736
sundara wedding venue champagne inspired wedding photos 2722 51 54736

Sundara 5
Sundara 6
Sundara 7

Elizabeth Rooney · Married on 11/02/2018

A wonderful place and people

Cari, the venue manager, made everything so easy and was so helpful. We live in South Carolina and to plan everything from afar and she was very responsive to all of my questions and ideas that I had. I was pretty clueless about planning a wedding and she walked me through it all. I could not have asked for a more beautiful venue or a more accommodating staff to work with. There was no other place I would have rather had our wedding.

• Nicole

Nicole Crance · Married on 10/13/2018

The Best Venue in ROA

My husband (so excited to finally say that!) and I looked at wedding venues in Virginia, when we got engaged (Dec. 2016), for a little while. We were determined to find THE one, THE perfect place and we knew we would know it right away when we found it. We live in the Cayman Islands (in the Caribbean), but Virginia has always been my second home, since my dad is from there and took us there every summer growing up. It’s sentimental, it’s part of who I am, and we needed the location to reflect how much this place means to me, to us. We wanted fall (October was our chosen month) and we wanted mountains. A beautiful mountain backdrop.

I don’t remember how we came across Sundara’s name, but when we opened their website for the first time, the first photo that greets you is a shot of a ceremony under the most gorgeous tree (I forget what kind it is) with the gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains mountains in the backdrop. This tree, which I later learned is one of the ceremony spots you can pick from on the property, looked as though it was wrapping its branches around the couple standing under the arbor for their beautiful ceremony. All I knew is that I wanted that. I wanted this to be my location of my incredibly special day and have a photo like this to remember it all.

Cari Dones is the Sundara Venue Manager, but more than that, she is your calm, cool, collected, resourceful, helpful, willing, encouraging executioner of your plans for your special day and lucky us, we also call her a friend. She was there for us every single step of the way throughout our planning process, always being accommodating to try and arrange phone meetings overseas with us, being available for our visits throughout the year, ensuring I had all my details put together...she was there professionally but also joyfully. She loves what she does and that’s the most important feeling to get from someone who is taking all your wedding plans and bringing them to fruition.

Sundara is the best choice for a wedding venue because of its magnificent beauty alone. But beyond that, you have some much available to you all in one location: a decor pay it forward closet for you to use items from weddings before, a sister catering company, Blue Ridge Catering, who does THE BEST job at giving you incredibly delicious food, the glamping tent for your first night together as husband and wife (we did this and it was the most romantic night ever), sparklers for a sparkler send-off, a beautiful home to get ready in on the property, a list of trusted vendors for you to choose from to help you narrow your options and more. You would be paying for all these things separately anyway, so it made things FAR EASIER to have everything in one location and have vendors that usually do business with this venue so they know it very well.

I spent my day getting ready in my bridal suite without a worry in the world (and I’m a very detailed, organized, worrying person) because I knew everything was in good hands and I couldn’t have been more right. Every single thing about our day was perfect and not a single thing was out of place; everything came together magnificently and blew us away. We will forever be grateful to have had the most gorgeous day of our lives and to have had everything come together in this very, very special place.

Thank you, Sundara, Cari, BRC and all of our vendors.

Sundara 8
    Sundara 9

Sundara Pricing

Sundara Price Rates

Sundara FAQ

• Do you have a site fee for wedding receptions at your venue? Yes
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during peak season? $ 4,500.00
  • What is the starting site fee for wedding receptions during off-peak season? $ 4,500.00
  • Do you have a site fee for wedding ceremonies at your venue? No
  • Which of the following are included in starting site fee? Bridal Suite, Chairs, China, Clean Up, Event Planning, Flatware, Lighting/Sound, Parking, Set Up, Tables, Transportation
  • What is the starting price per person for bar service? $ 5.00
  • How many event spaces or rooms does your venue offer? 1
  • Describe your venue: Barn, Farm/Ranch, Garden, Historic Building
  • What kind of settings are available? Covered Outdoor, Uncovered Outdoor, Scenic Views
  • Which of the following wedding events does your venue service? Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner
  • What event services do you offer? Bar Services, Cake, Catering Services, Clean Up, Event Planner, Get Ready Rooms, Liability Insurance, Lighting / Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up
  • What catering services do you offer? Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations
  • What bar services do you provide? Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine
  • What event items are available? Altar/Arch, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Drapery, Lighting, Tables, Tents, Tent Accessories
  • What food and beverage items are available? Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware
  • What transportation and access is available? Parking, Wheelchair Access
  • What months are included in your peak season? May, June, September, October
  • What months are included in your off-peak season? April, July, August, November

Real Weddings

• Gloriosa
    Gloriosa Wedding Florists

Sundara is a beautiful setting in the mountains that is very convenient for couples and their guests to celebrate that special day. The staff is amazing and willing to have you put your style and signature on your wedding day! I highly recommend Sundara for your wedding venue.

• Azario Salon and Day Spa
    Azario Salon and Day Spa Wedding Hair & Makeup

Sandara is a beautiful place, very serene and friendly

• Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts
    Creative Occasions Events Flowers & Gifts Wedding Florists

Sundara is one of the most beautiful venues in the Roanoke Valley! Not only is the property itself spectacular, but the staff and ownership are always on top of every detail and delightful to work with. They strive always to go the extra mile to give the client the very best experience possible! Always a pleasure and a privilege to work at this lovely venue!

• 453 Apple Road Boones Mill, VA, 24065 See on map