3229 Central Avenue, Alameda, CA 94501 Map · Phone number

5 Reviews for Cathy Marie-Bridal Alterations

Cathy Marie-Bridal Alterations 1
Cathy Marie-Bridal Alterations 2

rachel · Married on 03/25/2017

As a bride, you likely have in mind exactly what you want to look like on your wedding day. Especially after you've made the big dress decision and purchase, there's the added pressure of finding someone you can trust to make the alterations needed to bring that vision of perfection to life without ruining your gown. I was referred to Cathy Marie by Emilie at Emerald City Gowns after I purchased a french silk crepe Lena Medeyoff dress. I was between sizes and needed to have the drop waist silhouette brought closer under bust, with elastic added to make the top more of a blouse, in addition to having the dress hemmed shorter.

Put your trust in Cathy Marie- she did a spectacular job and is an expert in her craft. Listen to Cathy's insights after you tell her what you're looking for, because she has been in the industry and has the expertise and experience. Like other reviewers have mentioned, Cathy will be straightforward and honest with price and managing expectations, and has only the best intentions to ensure you feel beautiful on your big day. I am so grateful to have been referred to Cathy because I knew my dress was in good hands and because I felt so beautiful in my dress on our wedding day.

And very important - brides- do NOT wait until the last minute to have your dress altered! Whoever you chose to alter your dress, have your first fitting at least 4 months before your wedding so you have the opportunity to do a second fitting/alteration if needed. Don't rush the fitting process if you don't have to, and bring the shoes (or shoes of a similar height) and undergarment type you plan to wear day of so your seamstress can make alterations with those details in mind.

Cathy Marie-Bridal Alterations 3
    Cathy Marie-Bridal Alterations 4
    Sent on 11/28/2017

liz · Married on 10/08/2016

I had a wonderful experience with Cathy and would recommend her to anyone! My dress was a lace sheath and she changed the hemline for me and added a bustle. She was professional, so nice, and did great work.

Sent on 10/14/2016
  • Robynne

Robynne · Married on 12/12/2015

What a wonderful treat! Cathy Marie has a wonderful home where you'll be greeted with a little sign and your name listed for your scheduled appointment. She has such a friendly face, and a perfect front room to change in. Once in my dress, Cathy Marie immediately began to consider all of the possible ways to fix my over-sized corset top. From seams on the outside and inside, I was convinced that she would find both the most direct, but most subtle way to take in the top.

Cathy Marie was both patient and fair, priced just right, and answered all of my questions via email first, which alotted us the perfect amount of time should we need to make changes.

On top of it all, she was so complimentary of the dress, and so friendly to talk over the plans of the big day with. I am so happy I found her, and have already shared her information with other brides to be. I couldn't be happier and I will send photos as soon as I have them!

Sent on 11/16/2015

Cathy Marie-Bridal Alterations FAQ

• How do you price dress alterations?
    By Piece
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
    Bridesmaids
    Mother of the Bride
    Mother of the Groom
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Alterations
    Appointments Only
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Veils