2226 South Shore Center, Alameda, CA 94501 Map · Phone number · Visit website
  • Real Weddings 2
  • Events 37

About Janene's Bridal Boutique

We believe in romance.

We opened Janene’s Bridal Boutique with the intention of providing the best possible setting for brides to select the perfect wedding gown. We are dedicated to helping you make your dream wedding a beautiful and memorable reality. Our goal is to make this important process enjoyable and as stress free as possible, so let us remove the worry as we help you make your dream come true. All of us at Janene’s Bridal Boutique are proud to cater to every bride. Our stunning collection of bridal gowns includes exquisite silks, delicate European laces, beautiful embroidery, as well as fine hand beading. Our collection features gowns perfect for the elegant evening affair, the romantic garden party, or the whimsical beach celebration. You will discover that choosing the right gown at Janene’s Bridal Boutique will be as easy as saying, “Yes, I will marry you!”

Experience

Janene started sewing when she was 8 years old. Thus began a life-long love for creating garments that exemplify beauty and elegance. By age 14 Janene was creating gowns for weddings and she has built a prominent career in the wedding gown industry over the past 40 years.

At Janene’s Bridal Boutique we are excited to showcase the services of our very own in house tailor and dressmaker, Janene. A gifted artist with a great depth of experience, Janene’s expertise and talents are sought after by some of the finest bridal shops in San Francisco. If your desire is a one-of-a kind custom wedding gown, Janene can help you create the beautiful gown of your dreams. Our expert consultants are ready to help you select that perfect gown, but that’s not all we bring to you. We offer a full range of alterations and custom enhancements such as beading and embroidery, which can be performed in house. We offer headpieces, veils, jewelry, and shoes – the perfect finishing touches for your wedding.

• Alterations
facetune 16 02 2020 22 36 43 51 438019 158204850136218
img 6781 51 438019 158342042875941
6052056081994088448 o 51 438019 158093153479656
Janene's Bridal Boutique
copy of copy of copy of copy of copy of pink spring photo instagram story 1 51 438019 158071247595581
img 5949 51 438019 158342042841648
img 7855 51 438019 158258049098686
facetune 16 02 2020 22 36 43 51 438019 158204850136218

74 Reviews for Janene's Bridal Boutique

Kelsey Morrison · Getting married on 09/20/2020

Great little shop with amazing customer service

I had such a positive, helpful experience at Janene's. I got engaged in February but had been putting off dress shopping because it was something I was really anxious about. I am plus size and I was worried about finding a dress that would fit me in all the right places, and fall within my under $2000 budget. I booked my first appointment at Janene's after reading reviews, and I gathered a few friends and my mother to join me for the process.

When we got to the store, we were greeted by Cynthia who would also be my specialist for the appointment. She was so bubbly and welcoming and she could definitely tell that I was very anxious and not really looking forward to all this. She gave a tour of the dress layout and was very informative when explaining all the styles and price ranges, and let my friends and I mark the ones I wanted to try on. I told her right away that I was not interested in strapless and that it wouldn't work on my body, but she pulled one anyway and said I could always add straps. She showed me the plus size section but said I could try whatever I wanted and she would just clip the back to make it look right.

Cynthia was so helpful in the dressing room and asked me fun questions about my fiancé and our wedding and I started to relax a bit. The strapless boho gown she pulled was the second dress I tried on and as I was pulling it up I actually said "I love this." I was so surprised (and still am) that something completely different from what I expected would work for me looked so beautiful once it was on, and showed off my body in all the right ways. I ended up trying on all the rest of the dresses we pulled but with the encouragement of my friends and mother I decided that the strapless boho was definitely the winner.

I went to another store after just to see what else was out there and had a really disappointing experience. I called Janene's after to place the order for the dress and I am so excited!

The store has such a wide selection of styles and prices for such a small space, and it's laid out in such an organized way. Cynthia completely made the experience so much more fun and relaxing for me and I can't thank her enough. I would definitely recommend Janene's to anyone looking for a personalized, informative experience!

Sent on 09/01/2019

Erika Vargas · Getting married on 08/22/2020

Amazing customer service and the best inventory!

Janene's was the first out of three appointments I made for me and my crew of 8 to go wedding dress shopping. They were able to accommodate my large party, which was really rare for a bridal boutique. They have amazing designers and their dresses are all pretty affordable. Cynthia was my stylist and she was so patient and helpful. I tried on about 7-8 dresses and she never made me feel rushed. I ended up trying on a dress I loved and said "yes to the dress". I never made it to my other 2 appointments.

Fast forward two days and I freaked out a bit because I was looking at photos and could see a little bit of my belly sticking out. I wasn't sure if spanx would help or if I would even be able to wear them under the lowcut dress. I also felt like I hadn't tried on enough other styles to know for sure this was the one and only dress. I called Janene's and explained my situation. The manager, Cynthia, called me back and said their goal is to make brides happy and she would be happy to hold ordering my dress so I could come back to try on other dresses. She said she'd let me use the credit towards another dress if I changed my mind. I was ecstatic! I hadn't slept well the previous two nights thinking about if I made the right choice and I was so happy they were letting me come back in.

This time I came back on a Friday afternoon with only 2 people instead of 8. I emailed them the night before my appointment letting them know about 25 styles of dresses that I liked from their various designers. I knew they didn't carry every single dress so I asked if they could pull what they had from my list. They emailed me back and let me know exactly what they had in stock and what they would pull off the rack to have ready for me to try on. I liked doing it this way instead of clipping the dresses on the racks because I could see how they fit on the body (deep V, tight on stomach, flowy, A-line, etc). Cynthia also helped explain what style a dress was once I pointed it out so I'd know if it was the type of style I liked (I wanted A-line, not too tight on the stomach). I tried on about 8 more styles and although I liked them all, I ended up falling even more in love with the original dress I picked. I said "yes to the dress" a second time and could not be happier that my mind isn't going to have doubts the next 7 months until my wedding.

A few words of advice before you go dress shopping:
    -Try to make a weekday appointment if you can. The first time I went on a Saturday and their boutique was pretty packed so it was hard to look at all the dresses. The second time I went on Friday afternoon, there was nobody else in the store so I got to walk around and take my time.
    -I'd recommend trying on dresses at another boutique beforehand so you know exactly what style you like for your body. I made the mistake of coming to this boutique first so I didn't have a clue what style I liked. A lot of the first couple of dresses I tried on, I decided weren't my style and didn't fit well. I would have been able to try on a lot more fitting dresses had I done my homework before.
    -Before you buy your dress, look at photos and videos of yourself on someones phone. The dresses look different on camera.
    -Get Cynthia as your stylist. She is super nice and very knowledgable. She was so patient with me through both of my appointments and all of my emails. I could not imagine a better stylist to help me find my perfect dress.

Thank you Cynthia and Janene's Bridal Boutique. I cannot wait to wear my dress on my wedding day!

Sent on 01/28/2020

Janene's Bridal Boutique FAQ

• What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?
    $500 - $999
    $1,000 - $2,499
    $2,500 - $3,999
    $4,000 - $6,499
  • Who do you provide services for?
    Bride
  • Which of the following services do you provide?
    Alterations
    Appointments Only
    Full Customization
    Sample Sales
    Trunk Shows
  • Which of the following items do you offer?
    Bridal Belts
    Sample Gowns
    Shoes
    Undergarments
    Veils
  • What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?
    6-8 months
  • How often do you receive new bridal gowns?
    Monthly
    Weekly
  • What is your return policy?
    Final Sales

Real Weddings

37 Events

Madison James Trunk Show

• When:
      Apr 03, 2020 12:00 AM - Apr 05, 12:00 AM (2 days event)
      2226 South Shore Center, Alameda, San Francisco

Our Madison James Trunk Show will be April 3 - April 5! Call us at 510-217-8076 or email info@janenesbridal.com to book your spot.

Easter Egg Hunt & Mimosas

• When:
      Apr 10, 2020 12:00 AM - Apr 11, 12:00 AM (1 day event)
      2226 South Shore Center , Alameda, San Francisco

We'll be having a fun Easter Egg Hunt and Mimosas April 10 & 11! Call us at 510-217-8076 or email info@janenesbridal.com to book your spot.

Blush by Hayley Paige Trunk Show

• When:
      Apr 17, 2020 12:00 AM - Apr 19, 12:00 AM (2 days event)
      2226 South Shore Center , Alameda, San Francisco

Our Blush by Hayley Paige Trunk Show will be April 17 - April 19! Call us at 510-217-8076 or email info@janenesbridal.com to book your spot.

• Elegance Preserved Wedding Dresses

We have worked closely with the talented team at Janene's for some time now. They have rescued more than one bride with their incredible tailoring services. A real jewel in the Bay!

• Elegance Preserved Wedding Dresses

• Christine Glebov Photography Wedding Photographers

Janene's Bridal is a beautiful bridal boutique located in the downtown district of Alameda, California. They have a gorgeous and unique selection of bridal gowns. Many of the my clients have "said yes to the dress" at Janene's Bridal and rave about the excellent service.

• 2226 South Shore Center Alameda, CA, 94501 See on map
    510-662-6455 (Phone number)
    Monday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Thursday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. Friday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. * During the weekdays customers are welcome to stop by and browse the boutique. If you are a walk-in customer please be respectful of any appointments in progress. We try to schedule appointments so our customers receive our full, undivided attention.
    Location of (Janene's Bridal Boutique)