Janene's Bridal Boutique

Alameda, CA View map Visit website

We treat brides like the royalty they are.

We are the top wedding dress destination in the San Francisco Bay Area. We are inclusive to all sizes with a huge passion for housing the largest plus size inventory in all of Northern California. Not only has our CEO, Stephani built up the success of this store, but she has also become a fundamental voice in the bridal industry. Her belief is that all brides and all sizes should be celebrated. She orders her sample dresses in an array of sizes and promotes inclusivity in her niche.

We believe that your wedding dress should capture the feeling of your love story. We want all of our brides to feel and look their best on their special day, but above all we want them to have that magic moment of the perfect dress finding them.

Our expert stylists are trained to help find dresses that will flatter all shapes and sizes while also pulling some surprises to help that magical dream dress find its way to you.

Our Alameda, California boutique is home to some of the most luxurious wedding dresses in the San Francisco Bay Area! Our designer wedding gowns range from $800 to $6,000. Want something more unique? We also offer an in-house wedding dress designer who can customize a one-of-a-kind gown look that mirrors your personal wedding style. Our variety of options means that our store is the ideal location where you can find the perfect dress, with an impeccable service experience, just minutes outside of San Francisco.

Your dream dress is only an appointment away. We have a unique selection of appointment types to help make your dress shopping experience luxurious and unforgettable. We look forward to popping some champagne together and helping you experience your special moment while you find your dream dress with us.

xo Cheers to love.

• Woman-owned

What are your price ranges for full-priced wedding gowns?

$500 - $999
$1,000 - $2,499
$2,500 - $3,999
$4,000 - $6,499

Who do you provide services for?

Bride

Which of the following services do you provide?

Alterations
Appointments Only
Full Customization
Sample Sales
Trunk Shows

Which of the following items do you offer?

Bridal Belts
Sample Gowns
Shoes
Undergarments
Veils

What is the average turnaround time for a bridal gown?

6-8 months

How often do you receive new bridal gowns?

Monthly
Weekly

What is your return policy?

Final Sales

4.8 out of 5 rating
    4.6 out of 5 rating

Lauren F. Married on 10/02/2021

Amazing experience!

I found my wedding dress here and had alterations done as well. I could not recommend them more highly! Jen in alterations is amazing. She made me feel so comfortable and confident that everything would be fine with my dress and that it would fit perfectly before the wedding. Highly recommend them and Jen! She's a goddess:)
  • Olivia
    Olivia Married on 06/05/2021

All Around Amazing Experience

Janene's Bridal such a fantastic experience. It took two appointments for me to find my right dress, but that is all on me, and the stylist never pushed me in one direction or another. The dress I loved was a little over my budget, but they worked with me to come up with a payment plan and it all sorted itself out. I also got my dress altered through their alterations department and I was extremely impressed with every single person's professionalism and eye for details. Having never been fitted for a dress before, they were straightforward with me and answered any questions I had. As we got close to my wedding date I realized the neckline wasn't looking the way I hoped, and they quickly fixed it before my next fitting. They also altered my mother's veil, so that it would go with my dress, and it looked perfect as well. I didn't shop around for pricing at other alterations locations, but I would say that I never thought I was being over charged and I never thought my dress was in the wrong hands. I never worried that the dress wouldn't be ready for my wedding either. I would definitely recommend Janene's to anyone shopping for a wedding dress
    Kelsey M. Married on 05/16/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Great little shop with amazing customer service

I had such a positive, helpful experience at Janene's. I got engaged in February but had been putting off dress shopping because it was something I was really anxious about. I am plus size and I was worried about finding a dress that would fit me in all the right places, and fall within my under $2000 budget. I booked my first appointment at Janene's after reading reviews, and I gathered a few friends and my mother to join me for the process.

When we got to the store, we were greeted by Cynthia who would also be my specialist for the appointment. She was so bubbly and welcoming and she could definitely tell that I was very anxious and not really looking forward to all this. She gave a tour of the dress layout and was very informative when explaining all the styles and price ranges, and let my friends and I mark the ones I wanted to try on. I told her right away that I was not interested in strapless and that it wouldn't work on my body, but she pulled one anyway and said I could always add straps. She showed me the plus size section but said I could try whatever I wanted and she would just clip the back to make it look right.

Cynthia was so helpful in the dressing room and asked me fun questions about my fianc茅 and our wedding and I started to relax a bit. The strapless boho gown she pulled was the second dress I tried on and as I was pulling it up I actually said "I love this." I was so surprised (and still am) that something completely different from what I expected would work for me looked so beautiful once it was on, and showed off my body in all the right ways. I ended up trying on all the rest of the dresses we pulled but with the encouragement of my friends and mother I decided that the strapless boho was definitely the winner.

I went to another store after just to see what else was out there and had a really disappointing experience. I called Janene's after to place the order for the dress and I am so excited!

The store has such a wide selection of styles and prices for such a small space, and it's laid out in such an organized way. Cynthia completely made the experience so much more fun and relaxing for me and I can't thank her enough. I would definitely recommend Janene's to anyone looking for a personalized, informative experience!
  • illustration stars

33 photos 路 04/26/2019
  • Brianna & Jacob
    19 photos 路 06/15/2018

Elegance Preserved Elegance Preserved Wedding Dresses

We have worked closely with the talented team at Janene's for some time now. They have rescued more than one bride with their incredible tailoring services. A real jewel in the Bay!

Christine Glebov Photography Christine Glebov Photography Wedding Photographers

Janene's Bridal is a beautiful bridal boutique located in the downtown district of Alameda, California. They have a gorgeous and unique selection of bridal gowns. Many of the my clients have "said yes to the dress" at Janene's Bridal and rave about the excellent service.

2226 South Shore Center Alameda, CA, 94501
510-263-8100

Monday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. Tuesday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. Wednesday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Thursday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. Friday: 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. Saturday and Sunday: 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. * During the weekdays customers are welcome to stop by and browse the boutique. If you are a walk-in customer please be respectful of any appointments in progress. We try to schedule appointments so our customers receive our full, undivided attention.
Location of (Janene's Bridal Boutique)
228 Grant Ave 2nd and 3rd floor San Francisco, CA, 94108