54 Reviews for Janene's Bridal Boutique

Sample Gowns (2)
Sample Sales (1)
Customary (1)
54 Janene's Bridal Boutique Reviews

I was married last Saturday in my wedding dress from Janene's. The dress was a Maggie Sotero stunner and I loved it. It was unique and beautiful and perfectly tailored.

Janine's was the second place I visited and I was a little disheartened by the first. The staff at Janene's is professional, friendly, warm, and welcoming. Janene's definitely celebrates women and their staff make all women feel gorgeous and special.

The fittings gave me confidence and let me "get to know" my dress. I worked with Suton (sp?) and even with Janene herself on occasion. They were fabulous and I loved sharing stories with both of them. They also listened to my questions regarding alterations and gave me suggestions without pressuring me.

Huge thanks to Janene's for helping me make memories that will last a lifetime. Love you ladies!

Profile Picture Rachel, 4/28/18, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Veils, Alterations, Trunk Shows, Bride

This review is way overdue, but I could't let it go without writing one. I came to Janene's Bridal in December of 2016 for my third and final appointment with my mom, two aunts, and my little cousin with me. The woman who was assigned to our group was so good - I believe her name was Tammy. She let us look around and pick out some dresses that I would like to try on, and she even pulled some herself. While in the dressing room she would give me pep talks and kept telling me that my opinion is really the only one that matters and to not get overwhelmed. She made me feel like everything was going to be okay. I tried on a few dresses and none of them were it and everyone agreed. Then Tammy went back and pulled another dress that looked nothing like what I had ever envisioned and convinced me to try it on. I walked out and stood on the podium, looking in the mirror and tears came to my eyes. I had never felt more beautiful or bridal.

I later tried on the dress again and could feel the tears welling up in my eyes - this was my dress. I didn't want to take it off. I probably stood there for a good ten minutes just looking at it and feeling so pretty. So we bought it that day (on no tax day - lucky us!)

All of the dress fittings that followed were so nice, the ladies that helped me were wonderful - throughout the months of getting the dress fitted, teaching me how to walk in it, teaching my cousins how to bustle the back for the reception - it was all such a pleasant and exciting experience. I cannot recommend Janene's Bridal Boutique enough. If you're in the area and looking for your dress for your big day, I suggest making an appointment and checking it out for yourself. You can read in more detail here: https://asimplyinspiredlife.com/2018/02/22/saying-yes-to-the-dress/

Photos
Profile Picture Amberlee, 10/27/17, 3 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Veils, Alterations, Appts. Only

I have only good things to say about Janene's! First of all, I love that they are responsive via phone and email. It makes planning and organizing so much easier. I went dress shopping with my best friend about 11 months before the wedding. I knew I wanted long, ivory, and lace with a low back. I tried on a number of dresses at a range of stores - all the way from David's Bridal to fancy boutiques. I really lucked out, because I fell in love with a Stella York dress with crocheted lace that was on the less expensive end of my budget. This worked well, since Janene's was able to customize the dress so that it was exactly what I wanted. The alterations weren't cheap, but they were worth it. They made several changes, including changing the shape of the low back, adding lace to the spaghetti straps, adding buttons down the back, and adding a bustle. Jennifer worked closely with me throughout several appointments, and each time I went in it felt like I was visiting with a friend. She helped me take pictures, made suggestions when I asked, and really guided me through the process. I loved all of the alterations! I was flying across the country to get married in Upstate NY, so Janene's also helped me package the dress and gave me care instructions so that it made it without issue.

Profile Picture Carolyn, 9/16/17, 5 Reviews
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Bridal Gowns, Veils

I was SO in love with my dress! Sheryl is absolutely amazing and I 100% recommend this shop for your special day. They are willing to work with their customers on anything and everything to make sure you get exactly what you dreamed of!

Profile Picture Brianna, 8/21/17, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Sample Gowns, Veils

Ladies, if you need a wedding dress in the bay area, Janenes is the place to go! My consultant Tammy was incredible, and did 3 appointments with me until I found my perfect dress. They have an amazing selection and are just wonderful.

Profile Picture Tina, 7/29/17, 1 Review

the best service ever
the ladies working there are very helpfull

Profile Picture Cristina , 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Garters, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Plus Size Gowns, Veils, Alterations, Appts. Only

Love how beautiful there dreses are.. They also made me the bride experience so special. A wonderful comfortable environment to be in.. I definitely recommend them..

Profile Picture Shavon, 5/6/17, 2 Reviews
3.6

Going to Janene's is like a bride's dream come true! Such a cute corner shop stuffed full of beautiful boutique dresses, ahh!

You HAVE to make an appointment before coming here because they're pretty booked on a day-to-day basis. I enjoyed trying on different dresses here so much.

Having gone to other bridal dress shops though, I gotta say I was expecting their consultants to do more. My consultant had only worked there for a year or so, though (so they might not all be like her). She actually gave me wrong information when I asked (saying dresses were made by other brands) and was pretty hands-off in giving her opinions and putting forth suggestions for dresses and styles.

Prices are generally quite pricey, as only to be expected of a boutique dress store here. However, the dresses are gorgeous, they're well-stocked with different styles, and you can sometimes (rarely) even buy dresses off the floor for less than their original price.

Profile Picture User7784455, 1+ year ago, 11 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Veils, Appts. Only, Bride

Ladies, if you are looking for your perfect bridal gown, please do yourself a favor and head to Janene's!! I live in Los Angeles, and my wedding is in my hometown of Sacramento. Why go to a bridal salon all the way in Alameda? First, they have an absolutely amazing selection of bridal gowns. Second, unlike salons where you have your consultant bring you dresses to try, they actually let you walk through the store and pick out your own dresses (which I happened to prefer). Third, all their consultants are super fun and make the experience amazing. Fourth, Janene herself does your alterations in house. Lastly, the prices are super affordable and reasonable!! I spent far less than I thought I would!

I would suggest going to a fancy bridal salon first and getting the experience of having a consultant bring you dresses (figure out the style and silhouettes that look best on you). Then come to Janene's and have some real fun!

The also have an absolutely amazing jewelry designer, Inna, who makes beautiful custom jewelry (and at a super duper reasonable price - seriously my jaw dropped when she told me how much the earrings and bracelet she was going to make for me would cost). If she is in the store when you are, ask to meet with her. You won't be disappointed.

Totally worth the flights and long drives to get my dress from Janene's! I wouldn't have done it any other way!

Profile Picture Nicole, 11/6/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Customary, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Veils, Alterations, Appts. Only, Customization, Bride

I had originally found my dress on a visit to Chicago, but living in SF, I needed to find somewhere closer that could order my dress and do alterations. Janene's Bridal Boutique was the answer, and everyone there was amazing, especially Jennifer. She walked me through each fitting, and calmed my nerves each time I had to make a decision about alterations. There is one appointment I literally would not have made it through without her. Thanks for making me the dress of my dreams!

Profile Picture renee, 8/27/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Bride, Alterations

Janene's is amazing! I came to the shop several years ago with a friend when she was looking for her dress - it was such a great experience, I knew I'd come back when it was time for my wedding. My initial appointment to find "the" dress was so much fun - the consultant who helped me was sweet, helpful, and really listened to what I liked as far as styles. She found my dress after really taking to heart the feedback I'd given her about other dresses, and I knew immediately that we'd found the one.

All of my fitting appointments were lovely, too - Jen was very knowledgeable about the whole process and made it so much fun. I always knew what was happening with my dress and what to expect for the remaining alterations process.

I absolutely loved how my dress fit and looked on my wedding day - and I received SO many compliments on it. I couldn't have been happier with my experience, and would enthusiastically recommend any bride-to-be to go to Janene's. You won't be disappointed!

Profile Picture Diana, 7/30/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I bought my wedding dress and had it altered at Janene's. They were a dream to work with from day 1. I had gone to a few other bridal shops before Janene's, but none of them compared to how I felt at Janene's.

The store itself is small, but with a pretty large selection. I was clear about my budget, and was easily pointed in the direction of dresses that fit within that frame. I ordered in December, and it arrived at the beginning of May (exactly when I was told it would).

I also opted to have my alterations done at Janene's (bust cups, hem, and bustle). It was slightly more than I initially anticipated paying, but Jennifer, the alterations manager, was very clear in her explanations of why things cost what they did. She also gave me and my bridesmaids loads of tips about how to make sure the dress looked best the day of.

Working with Janene's involved absolutely no stress, which was a godsend. I had 3 total fittings (scheduling these was the only tough part, as they're pretty busy this time of year, but they're open until 8, which accommodated my work schedule). On my dress fit perfectly and I felt absolutely beautiful.

Profile Picture Lauren, 7/10/16, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Gowns, Sample Gowns, Alterations, Bride

Best Customer Service! After having a fiasco and ordering a dress from another store and having it be nothing like what I tried on.. I had to start over at square one. I had been to 15 salons before I found a designer, Hayley Paige, that I was interested in and sought out Janene's as they carried this designer. They were very accommodating with appointments and helped me rush the dress of my dreams!! They worked with me to do the alterations the week of! Everything was beautiful and I ended up buying a belt and veil with them as well! Could not be happier with this vendor!

Profile Picture Whitney, 5/21/16, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Veils, Bride, Alterations

I had a great experience picking a wedding dress at Janene's. I am a plus sized bride, so I was elated that they have many plus size dresses to try on. I went in for an initial trying on of many dresses, found 3 I liked, and then went back with my mom to pick one of the three. Both times they were very professional and helping.

Profile Picture Amanda , 4/8/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Alterations, Customization, Trunk Shows, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Plus Size Gowns, Veils

I purchased my wedding gown from Janene's bridal. They provide fantastic service and make the entire experience so much fun! They have tons of gorgeous dresses to choose from and they allow you and your friends to select dresses for you to try on. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture Michelle, 3/8/16, 8 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Appts. Only, Bridal Belts, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Bride

I had a wonderful experience at Janene's Bridal! My dress was amazing and the alterations were beautiful and meticulous. I always felt comfortable and welcomed coming into the store and all of the staff (sales, alteration) were very helpful and professional. I was kind of bummed when I finally picked up my dress because I wouldn't have any excuse to go back!

Profile Picture User6028757, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire
Services Used: Bride, Bridal Gowns, Hair Accessories, Jewelry, Alterations, Sample Sales

I got my dress and alterations done at Janene's and can say they are great. I actually went twice to look at dresses there and love that they allow you to pick out your own dresses to try on and allow you to take pictures. The girls were so nice during the alterations process and so excited to see how the dress fit every time. Janene was swift and spot on with her alterations and the whole process was not stressful and fun!

Profile Picture Angela, 8/22/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I had been to every bridal boutique in the South and East Bay, and finally ended up at Janene's. I loved their selection and their customer service - I was the only bride in the boutique during my appointment, and Danielle was a great consultant. They had a nice variety of designers from all ends of the spectrum, which was really nice. I ended up purchasing my dress from Janene's - check them out on your bridal gown shopping journey!

Profile Picture Neda, 8/15/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

After visiting Janene's on my first day of dress shopping, I knew immediately that it was the exact boutique I wanted to get my dress from! Not only were they so responsive in booking my appointments, but they were so accommodating, and such a pleasure to work with from the start. The customer service there was excellent, and to top it off, Heather was so much fun to work with from the beginning to the end!

I was one of those indecisive, but picky, brides who had no idea what she wanted. Heather was very patient with me and my group, and she ended up helping me find *the* dress, even when I started to question whether *the* dress actually existed! I had my alterations completed here as well, and it was done so perfectly that it just made me fall in love with my dress even more!

Getting my dress from Janene's was definitely one of my best and favorite wedding decisions, and I couldn't be happier :)

Profile Picture Christine, 8/8/15, 2 Reviews
4.7

I loved the service! My consultant Kate was awesome and so friendly. She was the one who found my dress for me! I was looking at other styles when I first came in, but she encouraged me to try on different things that I never thought I would choose... I ended up choosing a mermaid style dress which was definitely not on my list at first! She was so helpful and I appreciated that she helped me branch out of my focus to find a 3/4 off the shoulder sleeve lace dress which ended up not looking as good as I imagined. They have dresses ranging $1100 and up (the ones I was looking at) so my dress budget ended up being higher than I wanted. There is a lot of options to choose from though!

Profile Picture User4728311, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Went for my first fitting last month. I was so excited to know that they can keep my dress stored until my June wedding! I purchased my gown at a outlet store, so it had minor damage and repairs needed to be made. Janene and her assistant were so very professional, attentive, honest, and patient. I am so pleased with them.

Profile Picture User4580419, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

I purchased my wedding gown from this boutique. They are very friendly, knowledgeable, and provides great customer service. I needed alterations in the bust and thigh areas. This place tailored my dress perfectly! After my last fitting, I was so happy that I chose Janene's for my wedding dress even though the location is about a 40 minute drive away from my home. I highly recommend!

Profile Picture User3917047, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
0.6

First of all I want to say that Heather was my consultant and I LOVED her.

The rest of my experience was a nightmare. I ordered my dress with another consultant. She informed me that, based on my measurements, I need a size 16 which seemed odd since the size 12 sample dress was very close to zipping up. She showed me the designer's chart and the measurements that she wrote down and based on the bust measurement I could see why she thought I needed that size. Note, she was standing behind me when she took the measurement so I never saw the number on the measuring tape.

When my dress came in it was huge! Stephanie and Janene came and looked at it and then calculated a $1000(!) price for alterations. I already knew two people that had had very poor alterations done here so I wasn't convinced that I should get them done here anyway but that really sealed the deal.

I took my dress to the seamstress for a much higher end salon. She saw the dress on me and asked, one was how much weight have you lost(3 lbs) and two where did you order this from because they ordered you the wrong size. She demanded that I go home and compare the receipt measurements to the ones she took. When I did this I realized that the bust measurement written down was 2.5 inches bigger. I contacted Janene's with this info and their response was they won't discount the alterations price and "When people lose pounds on the scale it is always different compared to inches, you can lose 3 pounds but lose 2 inches off of your body. We definitely see it all the time, brides will come in and say they have lost no weight on the scale but the dress is falling off of them."

Sorry but losing 3 lbs does not make your bust line go down 2.5 inches. I am not saying that they ordered the wrong size on purpose to get more money in alterations(although some of my friends and family think so) but I think they should have fessed up to their mistake and tried to make it right. Stay far away from this place.

Profile Picture User3965507, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: Dress & Attire

Everyone at Janene's bridal was most helpful and I love my dress! From the very beginning, my Mom and I received excellent service. They have a great selection of dresses and they really work with you to ensure the dress that you pick is the one that will make you feel very special on your special day.

Profile Picture Marilen, 10/11/14, 4 Reviews