Janene's Bridal Boutique Reviews

56 | Alameda, CA

56 Reviews for Janene's Bridal Boutique

56 Janene's Bridal Boutique Reviews

Annie · Getting married on 06/29/2019

I could not have asked for a better dress shopping experience than we got at Janene’s Bridal. Everything was perfect. Our stylist Carla, could not have been more helpful. She was patient with our large group (7 people), and gave the best suggestions/guidance/help. It was the first bridal store I've been too, but my maid of honor is in three other weddings and said this was by far the best salon she's been too. She said it has so much more selection and variety than other places she's been too. We had a great experience at Janene's and I cannot wait for my dress to come in!

Rachel · Married on 04/28/2018

I was married last Saturday in my wedding dress from Janene's. The dress was a Maggie Sotero stunner and I loved it. It was unique and beautiful and perfectly tailored.

Janine's was the second place I visited and I was a little disheartened by the first. The staff at Janene's is professional, friendly, warm, and welcoming. Janene's definitely celebrates women and their staff make all women feel gorgeous and special.

The fittings gave me confidence and let me "get to know" my dress. I worked with Suton (sp?) and even with Janene herself on occasion. They were fabulous and I loved sharing stories with both of them. They also listened to my questions regarding alterations and gave me suggestions without pressuring me.

Huge thanks to Janene's for helping me make memories that will last a lifetime. Love you ladies!

Amberlee · Married on 10/27/2017

This review is way overdue, but I could't let it go without writing one. I came to Janene's Bridal in December of 2016 for my third and final appointment with my mom, two aunts, and my little cousin with me. The woman who was assigned to our group was so good - I believe her name was Tammy. She let us look around and pick out some dresses that I would like to try on, and she even pulled some herself. While in the dressing room she would give me pep talks and kept telling me that my opinion is really the only one that matters and to not get overwhelmed. She made me feel like everything was going to be okay. I tried on a few dresses and none of them were it and everyone agreed. Then Tammy went back and pulled another dress that looked nothing like what I had ever envisioned and convinced me to try it on. I walked out and stood on the podium, looking in the mirror and tears came to my eyes. I had never felt more beautiful or bridal.

I later tried on the dress again and could feel the tears welling up in my eyes - this was my dress. I didn't want to take it off. I probably stood there for a good ten minutes just looking at it and feeling so pretty. So we bought it that day (on no tax day - lucky us!)

All of the dress fittings that followed were so nice, the ladies that helped me were wonderful - throughout the months of getting the dress fitted, teaching me how to walk in it, teaching my cousins how to bustle the back for the reception - it was all such a pleasant and exciting experience. I cannot recommend Janene's Bridal Boutique enough. If you're in the area and looking for your dress for your big day, I suggest making an appointment and checking it out for yourself. You can read in more detail here: https://asimplyinspiredlife.com/2018/02/22/saying-yes-to-the-dress/

Janene's Bridal Boutique 1
    Janene's Bridal Boutique 6
    Janene's Bridal Boutique 7
    Janene's Bridal Boutique 8

Carolyn · Married on 09/16/2017

I have only good things to say about Janene's! First of all, I love that they are responsive via phone and email. It makes planning and organizing so much easier. I went dress shopping with my best friend about 11 months before the wedding. I knew I wanted long, ivory, and lace with a low back. I tried on a number of dresses at a range of stores - all the way from David's Bridal to fancy boutiques. I really lucked out, because I fell in love with a Stella York dress with crocheted lace that was on the less expensive end of my budget. This worked well, since Janene's was able to customize the dress so that it was exactly what I wanted. The alterations weren't cheap, but they were worth it. They made several changes, including changing the shape of the low back, adding lace to the spaghetti straps, adding buttons down the back, and adding a bustle. Jennifer worked closely with me throughout several appointments, and each time I went in it felt like I was visiting with a friend. She helped me take pictures, made suggestions when I asked, and really guided me through the process. I loved all of the alterations! I was flying across the country to get married in Upstate NY, so Janene's also helped me package the dress and gave me care instructions so that it made it without issue.

Janene's Bridal Boutique 9
    Janene's Bridal Boutique 10
    Janene's Bridal Boutique 11
    Janene's Bridal Boutique 12
  • Brianna · Married on 08/21/2017

I was SO in love with my dress! Sheryl is absolutely amazing and I 100% recommend this shop for your special day. They are willing to work with their customers on anything and everything to make sure you get exactly what you dreamed of!

Tina · Married on 07/29/2017

Ladies, if you need a wedding dress in the bay area, Janenes is the place to go! My consultant Tammy was incredible, and did 3 appointments with me until I found my perfect dress. They have an amazing selection and are just wonderful.

Nicole · Married on 11/06/2016

Ladies, if you are looking for your perfect bridal gown, please do yourself a favor and head to Janene's!! I live in Los Angeles, and my wedding is in my hometown of Sacramento. Why go to a bridal salon all the way in Alameda? First, they have an absolutely amazing selection of bridal gowns. Second, unlike salons where you have your consultant bring you dresses to try, they actually let you walk through the store and pick out your own dresses (which I happened to prefer). Third, all their consultants are super fun and make the experience amazing. Fourth, Janene herself does your alterations in house. Lastly, the prices are super affordable and reasonable!! I spent far less than I thought I would!

I would suggest going to a fancy bridal salon first and getting the experience of having a consultant bring you dresses (figure out the style and silhouettes that look best on you). Then come to Janene's and have some real fun!

The also have an absolutely amazing jewelry designer, Inna, who makes beautiful custom jewelry (and at a super duper reasonable price - seriously my jaw dropped when she told me how much the earrings and bracelet she was going to make for me would cost). If she is in the store when you are, ask to meet with her. You won't be disappointed.

Totally worth the flights and long drives to get my dress from Janene's! I wouldn't have done it any other way!

Diana · Married on 07/30/2016

Janene's is amazing! I came to the shop several years ago with a friend when she was looking for her dress - it was such a great experience, I knew I'd come back when it was time for my wedding. My initial appointment to find "the" dress was so much fun - the consultant who helped me was sweet, helpful, and really listened to what I liked as far as styles. She found my dress after really taking to heart the feedback I'd given her about other dresses, and I knew immediately that we'd found the one.

All of my fitting appointments were lovely, too - Jen was very knowledgeable about the whole process and made it so much fun. I always knew what was happening with my dress and what to expect for the remaining alterations process.

I absolutely loved how my dress fit and looked on my wedding day - and I received SO many compliments on it. I couldn't have been happier with my experience, and would enthusiastically recommend any bride-to-be to go to Janene's. You won't be disappointed!

• W

Whitney · Married on 05/21/2016

Best Customer Service! After having a fiasco and ordering a dress from another store and having it be nothing like what I tried on.. I had to start over at square one. I had been to 15 salons before I found a designer, Hayley Paige, that I was interested in and sought out Janene's as they carried this designer. They were very accommodating with appointments and helped me rush the dress of my dreams!! They worked with me to do the alterations the week of! Everything was beautiful and I ended up buying a belt and veil with them as well! Could not be happier with this vendor!

Amanda · Married on 04/08/2016

I had a great experience picking a wedding dress at Janene's. I am a plus sized bride, so I was elated that they have many plus size dresses to try on. I went in for an initial trying on of many dresses, found 3 I liked, and then went back with my mom to pick one of the three. Both times they were very professional and helping.

I had a wonderful experience at Janene's Bridal! My dress was amazing and the alterations were beautiful and meticulous. I always felt comfortable and welcomed coming into the store and all of the staff (sales, alteration) were very helpful and professional. I was kind of bummed when I finally picked up my dress because I wouldn't have any excuse to go back!

Angela · Married on 08/22/2015

I got my dress and alterations done at Janene's and can say they are great. I actually went twice to look at dresses there and love that they allow you to pick out your own dresses to try on and allow you to take pictures. The girls were so nice during the alterations process and so excited to see how the dress fit every time. Janene was swift and spot on with her alterations and the whole process was not stressful and fun!

• Neda

Neda · Married on 08/15/2015

I had been to every bridal boutique in the South and East Bay, and finally ended up at Janene's. I loved their selection and their customer service - I was the only bride in the boutique during my appointment, and Danielle was a great consultant. They had a nice variety of designers from all ends of the spectrum, which was really nice. I ended up purchasing my dress from Janene's - check them out on your bridal gown shopping journey!

Christine · Married on 08/08/2015

After visiting Janene's on my first day of dress shopping, I knew immediately that it was the exact boutique I wanted to get my dress from! Not only were they so responsive in booking my appointments, but they were so accommodating, and such a pleasure to work with from the start. The customer service there was excellent, and to top it off, Heather was so much fun to work with from the beginning to the end!

I was one of those indecisive, but picky, brides who had no idea what she wanted. Heather was very patient with me and my group, and she ended up helping me find *the* dress, even when I started to question whether *the* dress actually existed! I had my alterations completed here as well, and it was done so perfectly that it just made me fall in love with my dress even more!

Getting my dress from Janene's was definitely one of my best and favorite wedding decisions, and I couldn't be happier :)

Went for my first fitting last month. I was so excited to know that they can keep my dress stored until my June wedding! I purchased my gown at a outlet store, so it had minor damage and repairs needed to be made. Janene and her assistant were so very professional, attentive, honest, and patient. I am so pleased with them.

I purchased my wedding gown from this boutique. They are very friendly, knowledgeable, and provides great customer service. I needed alterations in the bust and thigh areas. This place tailored my dress perfectly! After my last fitting, I was so happy that I chose Janene's for my wedding dress even though the location is about a 40 minute drive away from my home. I highly recommend!

Marilen · Married on 10/11/2014

Everyone at Janene's bridal was most helpful and I love my dress! From the very beginning, my Mom and I received excellent service. They have a great selection of dresses and they really work with you to ensure the dress that you pick is the one that will make you feel very special on your special day.

Raha · Married on 09/13/2014

Dress was gorgeous and everyone at Janene's was really wonderful! especially Heather! I loved working with them!

The ladies at Janene's Bridal are truly a class act. They have a wonderful selection that caters to many different price points, and the bridal consultants are attentive, helpful, and not at all pushy. They are also all super responsive over email, which was really helpful for me. The dress I ended up with I would have never picked out on my own, but my consultant picked it and I fell in love. They were wonderful for every step during the alterations process, and have later hours so that I could go after work, which was also awesome. My dress turned out beautifully and I could not have asked for anything more (and it came in at my budget!).

Jameis · Married on 08/31/2014

I absolutely loved my experience in being able to dry on my first dress and knew it was the perfect one for me. All staff here were pleasant and helpful and I really appreciated that. They are flexible and accommodating to your needs. And even when I was going to have a dress crisis because it didn't fit Janene stepped in and came to my rescue! I definitely would recommend going here for your special day!

Rachelle · Married on 08/22/2014

A friend of mine in the bridal industry recommended Janene for alterations, so I took an inexpensive dress to her to see if it could be transformed. She told me it was certainly possible, but could tell it wasn't the dress I had my heart set on. Lucky for me, Janene's was able to order "my" Hayley Paige dress and give me a better price than the department store where I originally saw it!
    A few months, very minor alterations, and a French bustle later, I couldn't have been happier with my choice for our big day. Wish I could wear the dress all over again!

Camille · Married on 08/02/2014

Great value and service! After years of watching "Say Yes to the Dress," I knew enough not to go dress shopping with a huge crowd (I only brought my mom). I tried to be as specific as possible when telling them what I liked and didn't, and that helped me tremendously. Don't be fooled by the poofy and fit-and-flare dresses they show in the front...they have a huge variety of silhouettes! I went with a sheath Maggie Sottero and it was beautiful!

The alterations are also great. They are so detailed and go the extra mile to make sure your dress looks perfect.

Loved it here! I'm a big girl and I felt really anxious about trying on wedding dresses but was put at ease by the staff immediately. I felt really well taken care of and beautiful in every dress and when I found the one was shown veils, headpieces, and earring to compliment the dress. Overall an incredible experience:)

alisha · Married on 05/04/2014

The ladies at Janene's bridal are so sweet and do amazing work. My dress was everything that I wanted it to be and more. It was definitely the right decision to purchase and alter my dress at Janene's.