The Romance Specialists Reviews

64 | La Mesa, CA

64 Reviews for The Romance Specialists

candace · Married on 07/23/2018

Candace Smith
    check out http://www.theromancespecialists.com/ this is the company that did my vow renewal and took my amazing pictures in hawaii, anyone getting married their or renewing vows need to check them out they are so afordable and made the ceremony unforgettable with the pictures and special words during the ceremony, they made us feel like hawaiian family, thanks dawn, mahalo and aloha!!!!

Jouveria · Married on 09/27/2013

I would recommend "The Romance Specialists" to every one who is thinking of planning their event in Hawaii and do not have a clue about where to start. Very friendly staff, awesome service, and always there to answer your questions.

Emily · Married on 04/13/2013

I would recommend this company to every bride. They were amazing! We live in Las Vegas NV and decided we wanted to get married in Hawaii. Destination wedding.. Where to start right? I was so easy. We had a few phone conversations to discuss what I wanted. Dawn and Janice made it happen. So simple, so easy, and so perfect. If your looking for a great destination wedding use the Theromancespeialist.com you will not be sorry. Jeff and Emily Dages 4/13/13

Dawn was the best I would recommend her to anyone she is soo great and made my day

Dawn · Married on 01/30/2013

I found Dawn through reviews on wedding wire and I must say she did not disappoint! When we first started to explore planning our wedding with the Romance Specialists the website was very informative, the packages offered a lot of flexibility with options to customize, and the images / video was reflective of the quality of the work we received:) I spoke with Dawn on the phone a number of times and she was accessible, professional, flexible, and super funny!! Once we got to Hawaii meeting with Janice the wedding coordinator on site, speaking with Pastor Joffery on the phone, and then meeting with Dawn was all very easy and helped to ease my mind as they were all so friendly and willing to add the personal touches we wanted to our wedding.
    The day of the wedding went pretty seemlessly - our only issue was that the weather turned on the North Shore where we were to be married but Dawn was great - she kept us calm, offered other options and in the end Pastor Joffery was onsite and assured us the weather was great and no changes were needed in location - Wheew! We were married at Papa'iloa and the location was breath taking and offered a lot of diversity for our photos. Pastor Joffery was amazing and the ceremony he gave was the perfect fit for who we are as a couple. Our photographers offered a wide array of photos - there were so many great shots to choose from we added images to our album and bought the disc! We will forever be grateful to Dawn and her team for giving us our dream wedding barefoot on the beach and would not change anything. Our flowers were gorgeous, the music provided by Sean at the ceremony set the perfect mood, Pastor Joffery was warm and humourous, our photo / video services by Dawn, Keoki, Karis and Priceton were everthing we could have dreamt of and more;) I would recommend the Romance Specialists without question - Dawn truly is the First Lady of Romance and her moto "Fly to Hawaii and Get Married" truly is what happens.

Alison · Married on 11/28/2012

We planned our Hawaiian wedding this past November with The Romance Specialists and we couldn’t have asked for a better experience! The entire process, from planning to the actual wedding day, was smooth and practically effortless because of Dawn and her team. Our seemingly endless questions were answered promptly and thoughtfully and we were able to work with them to customize the ceremony to fit our needs and wishes. Communication was excellent, and we received emails and calls leading up to our wedding day with reminders and last minute arrangements.

The day of our wedding we met Jofrey our officiant, Karis, our photographer and Sean, our ukulele player. They immediately made us feel comfortable and at ease. All three were so friendly, but also professional, and truly set the tone and helped to make our wedding day so memorable. We are especially happy with our wedding pictures, which are amazing, and look like something out of a fairytale!

Our simple beach wedding was perfect and stress-free, and we highly recommend The Romance Specialists to other couples!

If you are planning a destination wedding The Romance Specialists are the way to go! I started planning my wedding a year ago and worked with Dawn over the last year. She was always so fast to respond to my emails and calls. She is very organized and really cares about her brides. She was always so kind to me and made sure that she understood every detail I wanted so my big day was perfect...and it was!!!! We had so much fun and it was so full of love and laughter. Janice and Kathy were our on site coordinators and they are amazing! Janice was on top of everything for me that day and thought of everything. I was told that as the guests cried during the ceremony she was handing out tissues (even as she was tearing up herself). I enjoyed having them at my wedding and couldn't have done it without them!
    I also want to thank Dawn because they found out I was going to try and make my own bouquet and she ordered me one last minute. It was a perfect wedding day gift!
    I'm so happy with The Romance Specialists and highly recommend them!

We used The Romance Specialists for our wedding, and we definitely recommend them. In particular, we appreciated their professionalism and prompt communication. We chose to have the wedding at Waimanalo Bay. The location was gorgeous, and not too busy even though it was a weekend. The minister was excellent, the ceremony was very touching, and the photos look amazing.

Vibeth · Married on 10/06/2012

We definitely recommend The Romance Specialists for those couples wanting to have a destination wedding at Oahu. Thank you Dawn for the very organized planning and always following up with my questions. Farah, our on-site coordinator, you are awesome, thank you for all your help, for being on top of everything and making it stress free = ) It’s true, we practically showed up the day of and everything was taken care of. We enjoyed our time on the beach and our wedding turned out even better than we expected. Thanks again for making the most important day of our lives very special and a memorable experience. No doubt, The Romance Specialists, BEST wedding coordinators!!!

Jessica · Married on 09/02/2012

My husband and I would highly recommend The Romance Specialists for anyone wanting to get married on Oahu. Our wedding coordinators were extremely helpful, always available, and willing to answer any questions we had. On the day of the wedding, everything was so organized and the day went perfectly. All of the vendors chosen by The Romance Specialists (we had a photographer, ukulele player, officiant, flowers, and a lady who did my hair and make-up) were extremely professional and far exceeded our expectations. They made our special day worry free.

Jermie · Married on 08/18/2012

We are so glad to have used The Romance Specialist for our 10 year Vow Renewal last August in Hawaii. It was the easiest process ever being that we're in California, but the entire staff were very friendly and professional--they made us feel as if we were their only clients. We practically just had to show up the day of because everything was taken care of. They are truly the Best at what they do! Glad to have chosen them!

Katrina · Married on 06/23/2012

I was really nervous about planning a destination wedding because there are so many items that have to be planned by someone else (selecting a photographer, the flowers, an officiant, etc.) I read about the Romance Specialists on the knot.com and decided to use them for my June destination wedding in Oahu. Everything was flawless. They were always immediately responsive to any inquiries I had and my wedding day was perfect. Thank you Dawn, Farah, and everyone else at The Romance Specialists who helped to make my day everything I dreamed it would be!

• Tayce

Tayce · Married on 05/03/2012

I highly recommend using The Romance Specialists if you are looking to plan a destination wedding in Hawaii. We worked with Dawn to plan our beach wedding and she was a tremendous help. The time and care she provided me was immeasurable in making my wedding planning both stress and worry free.
    Dawn demonstrated her exceptional knowledge of the island and what it had to offer. She worked to make sure that I was happy and that I had everything I needed. She definitely put me at ease for such an important event.
    Everyone we worked with at The Romance Specialist was warm, friendly, and professional. My wedding was as close to perfect as you can get. Both my husband and I were extremely pleased with the quality of the service we received and would genuinely recommend them to our friends and family.

Luda · Married on 04/26/2012

My Husband and I highly recommend using Dawn Nash with The Romance Specialists if you are planning your destination wedding. She is not only an incredible wedding planner, but she also did both my Boudoir photography (highly recommend it as a little something for the groom!) as well as our wedding photos. Between all the planning, arranging, and photographing, she did a mind blowing job and so effortlessly! Excellent quality photography was one of the most important things to me, Our wedding photos are just breathtaking and I show them off to friends and family with great pride! She was easily available and put me at ease with any questions or concerns I had leading up to our big day. Our wedding day was beyond perfect, beautiful, and Dawn made sure it was absolutely worry free for us! If you are looking for a stress free, beautiful wedding, We recommend Dawn and The Romance Specialists to EVERYONE!

Travis · Married on 04/13/2012

I can't say enough good things about Dawn and the Romance Specialists. They took our dream and turned it into a reality right before our eyes. Their website is extremely easy to navigate and has tons of pictures, information, and there is no detail of a wedding they have left out. Whether you are looking for something extravagant or small and private like we did, they have great package choices and will really work to help customize your experience. With our home being in Northern California we really needed to depend on local support to help pull off our wedding and let me be the first to say Dawn made this transition seamless. Every item was exactly as she had said it would be and her attention to detail can't be matched. Dawn was always there via phone or email and every time we contacted her she made us feel like we were the most important project she had. We couldn't have done this without her and for that I say mahalo nui loa.

Travis Mitchell

Melissa · Married on 04/01/2012

Dawn and her team made this such a pleasant experience. Coming from Texas, I was worried on how well I could plan a wedding abroad. But dawn from the start made everything so easy and made me feel so at ease with her knowledge of the island. My wedding pictures and location turned out better than I imagined. I highly would recommend them!!!!

Ren · Married on 03/28/2012

There were so many service providers to choose when doing a destination wedding especially in Oahu, Hawaii. I'm Glad I did my research and read all the reviews while comparing different price option to the different provider since I only get to do this once (I hope :) ) and it all came down to one - The Romance Specialists. Was not really sure how it would work out as this was the first time I was doing and had no previous experience on planning for a destination wedding - Glad I chose The Romance Specialists, they been with me all the time and they are always available if I had any question they provided me with different packages options that they provide. After committing with them it was smooth sailing from there on as they took care of everything while giving keeping us informed of what is happening. On my wedding day everything was running like clockwork, it was an excellent experience as this is something that we will never forget. Thanks to Dawn and her stuff, Rev. Jofrey Rabanal (Great ceremony and an all around Great guy), Sean our ukulele player (Great voice), Jerry our photographer (Great pictures), limo and flowers service were top notch as well, I can only say one thing which is - Thank You So Much!!! Thank you for The Romance Specialists for making that day a very special and unforgettable even in our lives. P.S. - I was so nervous that day but when I got into the beach everyone was there waiting smiling and congratulating made it much easier, they were all nice people and could not ask for a better people to work with on my wedding day. Thank You The Romance Specialists and All!

linda · Married on 02/27/2012

Choosing someone to plan your wedding is difficult enough locally; however, choosing one for a destination wedding where you have to rely on someone you haven’t met face to face is pretty scary. Vlad and I did a lot of research prior to choosing Dawn and The Romance Specialists. We started checking 7-8 months in advance researching many sites. We discarded many, started with around 17 and eventually down to 2. After a couple of phone calls and emails back and forth with Dawn Nash, there was NO doubt, The Romance Specialists was the one. Dawn has been the best blessing. I know I had so many questions and the wedding was still a ways off but Dawn was ALWAYS there responding to all of them, being very patient and really helping us work through to make sure we got the wedding we were looking for. It is obvious that Dawn is in the right chosen profession, we could not have asked for a better planner. Working with someone long distance, you want someone that is a good communicator, responsive and knows their business. That is exactly what we received with Dawn. The wedding day ended up being beautiful. Providing us with Pastor Jofrey to officiate, we could not have chosen a better person. The entire group talked about him. The cake was soooo good, we wish we had a second. The photographers did great (and yes I was worried). We decided to have a ukulele player and he blended in so well it felt like the music was there. Introducing us to Auntie Pat at Paradise Cove who would oversee the location, she is a character and a pleasure to meet. However, none of this would have been the same without Dawn and The Romance Specialists. They obviously have a great group of vendors they work with. Our wedding was a very special day.

Beverly · Married on 12/26/2011

My husband and I were hoping for a stress-free, casual, and simple wedding. Dawn and her team at The Romance Specialists delivered on all counts! We went with the "Simply Us" package and it was everything we could have hoped for. Our sunset wedding at Papialoa Beach on Oahu was perfect! Planning a wedding from a distance could have been stressful, but Dawn's recommendations and suggestions made the whole thing very easy. From the location of the wedding to detailed information about obtaining the marriage license to places to get my flowers, The Romance Specialists really helped us every step of the way. The ceremony with Pastor Jofrey Rabanal was exactly what we were hoping for and Dawn's photographs turned out wonderfully. We would not hesitate to recommend Dawn and The Romance Specialists to anyone looking for a beautiful and worry-free wedding in Oahu!

Tara · Married on 11/15/2011

The Romance Specialists did a fantastic job planning our wedding, we flew from Alaska to get married on the beach and had a beautiful sunset wedding all thanks to Dawn and her wonderful vendors. I couldn't have done a better job. I will have wonderful memories for a lifetime and was very happy with the services I recieved.

Steven · Married on 10/24/2011

We recently were married in Hawaii by The Romance Specialists! At first looking for the right people to do the wedding was very difficult. We looked through many of the organizations that conducted the ceremony but many didn't provide what we wanted. We wanted a small wedding at a secluded beach. The team at The Romance Specialists were so helpful pointing out great locations and package deals that they had that we would benefit the most from. We didn't want to get too much and not take advantage of some of the things most packages came with. We were able to pick a package and personalize it to what we wanted. We had so many questions about how everything was going to work and each time we called they were able to help us then, or give us a call back quick! Dawn and the rest of her team were so helpful we couldn't be more thankful for how easy they made if for us. Dawn was a great photographer and had many great ideas for pictures with great shots of waves crashing behind us! They were great!!! Thank you so much!

April · Married on 10/19/2011

Dawn and her team were absolutely fabulous. We were both nervous about having a wedding afar and she made it so easy. We didn't have to do anything. And the day of, she took her time to get some awesome shots of us together and made sure we had fun. She even asked us what kind of couple we were. EX: Silly, romantic, serious. She wanted to make sure our photos reflected us. Thanks Dawn and company for a great ceremony and the wedding we wanted.

Timara · Married on 10/15/2011

Dawn was a complete professional and the quality of the photos are amazing! Her work is worth far more than what she charges and she really takes her time to make sure you are comfortable and that you look beautiful in the photos!

chris · Married on 10/14/2011

Our wedding planning experience with Dawn and her staff went as smooth as you can possibly imagine. In planning our wedding from a far distance, we were quite nervous as to how the entire process would work, but after speaking with Dawn, our minds were put at ease. We would highly recommend Dawn and The Romance Specialists to anyone looking to plan their dream Hawaiian wedding! Chris and Tekara Hodge

Kelsie · Married on 10/03/2011

From start to finish Dawn and her team at The Romance Specialists were wonderful. They are honest and gave me many great recommendations and I'm so glad I went with them. The best one being the location of the ceremony. We were married on Waimanalo Beach, on the windward side of the island. It was gorgeous--I have never seen water that turquoise color before! Before the wedding they were always available by phone and email. Every detail was covered and taken care of. I kept thinking to myself, 'I should have more to do.' But they took care of everything. On the day of the wedding Dawn was fantastic--directing my guests, coordinating the wedding party and taking care of those small details that the bride doesn't have time to think of, let alone do. Even my guests had great things to say. The photographer she hired was excellent, very fun. And the officiant was top notch. Dawn knows her stuff, especially when it comes to Oahu. I would recommend The Romance Specialists to any bride... and if you do, I promise you don't have to worry. Just like their motto says just relax and enjoy Hawaii.