Moments Remembered Events

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,200 Package Price

2022 Couples' Choice Awards Winner
$2,200 Package Price

Moments Remembered Events is a wedding and special event planning company operating out of La Jolla, California. Led by owner and head planner, LyKai Johnson, this team of dedicated professionals works diligently to create unforgettable experiences for their cherished clients. With endless creativity and a keen eye for detail, they work closely with couples to bring their dream wedding to life.

The team at Moments Remembered Events works together to flawlessly coordinate your wedding ceremony, reception, and rehearsal dinner. Packages available include varying levels of service, including partial planning, full event design, and day-of coordination. Your planner will be on hand to assist you every step of the way, from to-do list creation and budget planning to vendor referrals and timelines. The team is experienced in planning nuptials of many kinds, including civil, religious, and cultural ceremonies, as well as double weddings and eco-friendly soirées.

• Black-owned

What is the starting price for day-of wedding coordination?

$1,500

What is the starting price for partial wedding planning?

$2,200

What is the starting price for full wedding planning?

$4,500

Do you offer an hourly rate?

What is the hourly rate?

$85

What wedding events do you provide services for?

Ceremony
Reception
Rehearsal Dinner

What wedding planning services do you offer?

Budget Analysis
Partial Planning
Timelines
To-Do Lists
Vendor Referrals

What weddings do you have experience planning?

Civil
Eco-Friendly
Military
Non-Religious
Religious

How many planners are on your team?

• Tamra
    Tamra B. Married on 04/15/2022

So Happy We Chose LyKai!

We weren't planning to hire a wedding coordinator, but our hotel venue required it for the wedding day. We followed up with a few recommendations, and LyKai won our hearts from the first Zoom call. She really took the time to get to know us and make sure we were comfortable with her. And we were almost immediately. LyKai was beyond a Day of Coordinator. The communication began months before just here and there to keep us on track. She was there for the venue walk-thru, to answer any questions we had. She's super responsive. And maybe most importantly, LyKai had a super calming effect on my high anxiety level. She is just a sweetheart who will take care of making sure your special day goes just as you imagined. Thank you, LyKai!!
  • Zoe
    Zoe D. Married on 04/01/2022

Deciding to hire LyKai as our coordinator was the best decision of the wedding

LyKai was such an incredible blessing to our entire wedding process. First of all, her professionalism and proactive nature made the planning, execution, and task list so manageable and Fun! She replied to inquiries immediately and always took as much time as needed to assist us with ideas or to completely answer any question we had. LyKai on wedding day cleaned, organized, packed and assembled everything. She did so almost without being seen. Somehow through all the excitement and energy, she managed decorations, the processional, last second changes, handling the music, and coordination with all our vendors (and much more) all in the background on wedding day. Incredible. I just had a ball and could enjoy every minute because I knew how “on it” this woman was. The most important thing for me was that by the end of the process I felt so close to her and was inspired by her gentle calm demeanor when so much was going on. My wedding went better than I even imagined. All the details and the love was so far beyond my expectation and I attribute a lot of that to LyKai. My best friend also used LyKai and we are both project managers. We are detail oriented and then you meet LyKai and it is a whole new level! My new husband and I are so blessed to have crossed paths with her and to have had her help through our 20 month engagement. If you are on the fence about hiring a coordinator, think no further, this was the best decision of the wedding.

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2022 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Team

LyKai  Johnson
LyKai Johnson
Owner/Head Planner

My name is Lykai Johnson and I am the proud owner of Moments Remembered Events! I want you to completely enjoying your wedding and to not be concerned with details. That is where Moments Remembered Events comes in. Moments Remembered Events can assist you in making this day a wonderful and memorable one. As your wedding planner, I can come in and make your wedding fun and worry free. I take all the pressure off you, your friends and family. My role as a wedding planner is to relieve the stress of planning your wedding and assist you on making this day a moment to forever remember.

I have many years of event planning experience dealing with contracts, budgets, vendors and décor. I also have a Bachelors of Arts in Communications with an emphasis in Media from California State University, San Marcos. I can be that person who can guide you through your decision-making of your wedding and alleviate some stress. I am a whole hearted, dedicated individual and will fully focus on making your day one to remember. I am a genuine person who pays attention to detail, truly cares about her clients and their special day and I absolutely love planning weddings and events. I truly believe if you love what you do, you will never work a day in your life.

Always remember: A wedding is a celebration, not a performance. If at the end of the day, you are married to the one you love, then everything went perfectly!

Fun facts about me: I have been married 7 years and been with my husband for 13 year. We met in college and have been together ever sense. We have two little girls and love to travel. Before I worked in the wedding industry, I worked at an English as a second language school in La Jolla, CA. I got to do a lot of traveling and learn a lot about cultures and languages. One of my all time favorite things is traveling and seeing new places, especially new countries. I also love wine, meeting new people, of course planning weddings and quality time with friends and family.

Amanda Johnson
Amanda Johnson
Associate Planner

Hi, nice to meet you! I'm Amanda. I am born and raised in Oceanside, CA. I am a beach girl and heart and love what I do. I have always loved attending any party she throws! I love working with this team.

I have earned my Master's Degree in Organization Management for the Forbes School of Business and apply that to my role. In this position, I bring a Growth Mindset, enthusiasm, and dedication.

I have been with Moments Remembered for about 2 years now. I enjoy serving others and helping create precious memories that last a lifetime. I also work as a Salon Manager which keeps me on my feet. I was also on an Event Committee for a local school. I helped plan and execute their 20th Anniversary Party which was a blast!

I also have a son who I adore and definitely keeps me busy!

Fun Facts about Me: In my free time, I enjoy the great outdoors, reading, puzzles, and working out. I do love a cup of coffee and a glass of wine! I love Asian and Mexican food. I am currently addicted to the Words With Friends app where I play scrabble online with friends and strangers!

Daniella Baldeon
Daniella Baldeon
Associate Lead Planner

Hi, lovely to meet you! My name is Daniella and I can't wait to meet with you in person and make your special day one that you will never forget. I have been on the team for over two years now and love to see our end product come together in the most beautiful way possible.

I am originally from Orange County, earned my Bachelor's at the University of San Diego and earned my Master's in a small town near Madrid, Spain. I love traveling and learning about different cultures; in fact I lived in Spain for about 7 years where I taught English. I bring a unique perspective to any event that you may be planning and will work tirelessly to make your big day memorable.

Fun Facts about me: I met my husband almost 10 years ago and we now have two beautiful and energetic boys together. I love spending time with them at the beach, parks, mountains, and even at home. No matter where we are, it is always an adventure!

La Jolla La Jolla, CA, 92037
6193686442
Location of (Moments Remembered Events)

Other vendors in San Diego for your wedding