Moments Remembered Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner

Deborah Y. Getting married on 11/05/2021

Amazing - Professional - Goes Above & Beyond

I am a wedding officiant have worked with countless wedding planners over the past 27 years and I have to say Lykai was so impressive. I found her to be amazingly on top of the smallest details and so prepared for anything way beyond your normal wedding planner. Her professionalism and attention was never distracted from her tasks and she was 100% there for all the vendors. She has a way of thinking and planning way ahead to include backup for anything that might need a plan B. She is a lovely person, kind and personable and exudes a peaceful confidence that makes the vendors and the wedding couple feel secure and calm in knowing that she is there to guide and produce the most beautiful event for them, no matter what,making their heartfelt day happen beyond their dreams.
  • Alta
    Alta Getting married on 11/05/2021

LyKai was a wonderful wedding coordinator

LyKai was a wonderful wedding coordinator. She was very friendly and positive, responsive, well-prepared, and worked very well with our other vendors! Our other vendors commented to us that LyKai was really great to work with and were impressed with how detail-oriented she was. LyKai also did a fantastic job setting up decor at our wedding, and everything looked beautiful.
  • Lindsay
    Lindsay A. Getting married on 10/02/2021

The best coordinator ever

This review is hard for me because I have so many nice things that I can say about Lykai. Basically, she is the best. Wedding planning is stressful but Lykai made the whole process so much easier. She reassured me the whole way through, guided us, and helped calm me. After meeting her for the first time I knew she would have my back and she did. She took such good care of us. The day of the wedding, I knew I didn't have to worry about anything. Just having her around made me feel at ease. Lykai didn't treat us like clients but more like family which I loved. We love you Lykai!!!!
    Stephanie F. Married on 09/03/2021

The Best Wedding Investment

If you want peace of mind on your wedding day, I HIGHLY recommend hiring LyKai. I hired her as a day of coordinator and to my surprise, she helped keep us organized and on track months leading up to the wedding. She’s SO experienced and good at what she does, there was many times she mentioned things I needed that I totally wouldn’t have thought of on my own. She is 10000% worth hiring. Definitely the best investment in our big day. My husband (oo husband hehe) and I look back and realize we should have hired her as a PLANNER because she is so amazing and we trust she would’ve taken so much off of our plate. I will recommend her to all of my friends and family members to at LEAST hire her as a day of if you can’t as a planner. You won’t regret it!
  • Linda
    Linda B. Married on 08/20/2021

Every Bride and Groom should use Lykai Johnson

My son and daughter in law had the pleasure of working with Lykai Johnson to plan their wedding. I was so anxious to finally meet Lykai on the wedding day. I had heard so much about her. During the months leading up to the big day, Lykai took on all plans that were in process, connected with all vendors and gave my son and daughter in law such a comfort level. The wedding day went off flawless! Having someone there to pull everything together and take care of every little detail, is a gift for every bride and groom. Thank you Lykai for all you did to make this special day so memorable.
    Gabi Married on 08/07/2021

Incredible!

LyKai was simply incredible since the first time we spoke. She was so on top of EVERYTHING regarding our big day. Despite selecting the month-of package, she went far and beyond. She went through each of our vendor contracts with an eagle eye, and ended up saving us $1,000 by negotiating one of our contracts (even after we had signed it). She made the whole planning process extremely pleasurable and was so on top of it throughout our big day. She gave me such a piece of mind because I knew she was taking caring of everything. I wish I could give 10000 5 stars reviews because she was THAT amazing and really made our special day something we could completely enjoy!
  • Angelo
    Angelo B. Married on 08/07/2021

LyKai Johnson - Moments Remembered

My wife and I feel like we just had the best wedding of all time, and it would not have been possible without LyKai Johnson. LyKai went above and beyond to make sure that not only the day-of went perfectly, but also that every little detail leading up to the big day was completed. She took control of every piece of organization and allowed my wife and I to fully enjoy our wedding day. If you want to have your special day go smoothly with everything taken care of, then you need to hire LyKai! I can't say enough GREAT things!!
  • Mya
    Mya M. Married on 08/05/2021

Everything we needed for our special day

LyKai is an amazing coordinator! We had 5 months to plan our wedding and she was everything we needed. Her ideas and suggestions helped to make our day extra special. She was flexible and always available and worked so with all our vendors. We didn’t have to worry about a thing! Thank you LyKai for being a part of our day and helping to make it perfect!
  • Danielle
    Danielle E. Married on 05/01/2021

I can't thank them enough!

My husband and I got engaged in May 2020 and hired Lykai shortly after. Planning a wedding isn't easy, but planning a destination wedding during Covid was incredibly stressful. Lykai and Daniella were our MVP's (Most Valuable Planners.) They were with us every step of the way. We hired them for Month of planning, but it felt like they did so much more than what was required of them. Throughout the planning process, it was comforting to just talk to them and get advice on Covid wedding planning. They also kept us informed on the Covid situation/guidelines in San Diego, since we were not from the area. I also had one wedding emergency where I needed a new photographer just 3 weeks before the wedding(!!) and they immediately helped me find a new one! I wasn't anxious at all the day of our wedding, because I knew we were in good hands with Lykai and Daniella. On top of all that, they are so kind-hearted, easy to work with, affordable, and true professionals! You can't go wrong with them! They really helped us have the wedding of our dreams, and I couldn't have imagined a more magical day. Thank you both so much!!
  • Shaylyn
    Shaylyn Married on 03/06/2021

FANTASTIC! - Absolutely would hire again!

Lykai is a phenomenal wedding coordinator! I can't say enough good things about her and her assistant. Lykai recommended wonderful vendors- hair dresser, DJ, florist, venue, and photographers- and saved us a ton of money! All of the venders were professional, competent, and very affordable. Lykai is very knowledgeable, efficient, organized, and caring. She has a sweet, helpful spirit. She is quickly responsive to emails and calls. She and her assistant work extremely hard to make sure that your wedding goes smoothly, and the details are taken care of. We appreciate her so much, and thank God for her.
  • Marissa
    Marissa Married on 08/22/2020

The best wedding planner!

Planning a wedding during COVID is no easy feat but you CAN have the wedding of your dreams with vendors like LyKai. Due to a busy career, I had most of my wedding planned in November of 2019. But when you make plans, God laughs right? I was unsure if we needed a wedding planner but decided a "month of" wedding planner to be the best to fit our needs. We hired Moments Remembered in December of 2019 for her "month of" wedding planning package. Once COVID hit, I knew that my wedding plans would have to dramatically change. LyKai was with me every step of the way. LyKai was constantly coming up with ideas to make my new intimate wedding safe and fun. She went above and beyond her role to reach out to all of my vendors when we initially began making wedding changes. She is truly an expert planner with a lot of experience and I felt this in the months leading up to 8/22. She thought of all possible scenarios, plans A/B/C and so many things I did not even think of. I am a very type A personality and felt like I was "on top" of the wedding but truly, I could not have held it together with my career and DURING a pandemic without LyKai. She did so much magic behind the scenes to execute my perfect day. She was responsive to each early morning email and flexible with plans and changes. She created a wedding day packing list which was crucial I had all the decor and items we needed to have our wedding including our wedding license. The weekend of my wedding she surprised me with a wedding survival box of items, including a wedding dress hanger with my new last name. My wedding day was magical and she did an incredible job setting up the wedding/reception with all of my decor. It was exactlly how I had envisioned. Thank you LyKai!
    Sarah J. Married on 07/10/2020

Amazing Experience!!!

LyKai at Moments Remembered Events was absolutely amazing. Because of her, our wedding process was so much smoother and less stressful - we were able to really enjoy our big day as opposed to stressing about everything! LyKai is also hands down one of the nicest people I have ever met, so we really enjoyed working with her.

My husband and I both have hectic schedules due to personal activities and work, so hiring LyKai and Moments Remembered was one of the best moves we have ever made. We both agree that our number one piece of wedding advice for engaged couples is to hire Moments Remembered as at least a month of coordinator. It makes such a huge difference. There are so many coordination things that come up in that last month that we would not have been able to handle on our own nor known to do. LyKai created our timeline, coordinated with our vendors, and handled all of the last-minute details. Because we had Moments Remembered Events , we were able to actually enjoy time with family who had traveled for the wedding – LyKai took care of things while we were sightseeing!

On the day of, Moments Remembered handled all of the décor set up and made our reception and ceremony sites look amazing. When I saw them, I was absolutely stunned at how beautiful they were – she had gone above and beyond what I was expecting. LyKai also handled the timeline on the day of – I was able to focus on soaking in the day instead of stressing about all the moving pieces.

I think the best evidence of LyKai’s skills and dedication is the fact that I don’t know of a single thing that went wrong at our wedding. I was warned by many couples (most of which did not use a coordinator) that at least one thing will go wrong on the big day, but nothing bad reached myself or my husband. LyKai took care of everything. We felt very blessed to have LyKai for our wedding, and cannot recommend her services enough!!
    Perry O. Married on 10/05/2019

You should hire LyKai

LyKai was fantastic as our day of coordinator. We had the "big stuff" figured out, but she was crucial in helping us piece it all together. She was also on top of every detail, helping us have an issue free wedding! Our wedding was everything we dreamed it would be and we can't thank LyKai enough for helping make that happen.
  • Lisa
    Lisa T. Married on 09/14/2019

Lykai is a dream to work with, and she'll make your dreams come true!

I hired Lykai to be just my day-of wedding coordinator for my wedding last month In September. We met her at a bridal show in February or March and she was utterly charming and sweet then, and remained that throughout our whole wedding planning process.

She is extremely organized, patient, creative, and helpful. Lykai not only helped coordinate our actual wedding day to be the most perfect day we could imagine, but also went above and beyond in the weeks leading up to it. She kept us on schedule with our vendors and other wedding tasks, and even suggested ideas that we never thought of, like changing our flower vendor for a more personal touch (and which also saved money). Our family and bridal party loved her during the rehearsal and wedding.

I would highly highly recommend others to hire Lykai for wedding planning and day of coordination. She truly loves what she does, and will make your day better than you could imagine. Thank you Lykai!!! 😊💞💞
    Amanda B. Married on 08/30/2019

Just what we wanted

At first we were a bit hesitant to hire a wedding planner because we didn't know if we really needed one since we wanted something small, intimate and, most importantly, affordable. However, we are so happy that we did decide to go for her. From day one at the first consultation she gave us the assurance and confidence that she would help us create the wedding that we had always envisioned with the right price tag. It was an even more beautiful and wonderful event thanks to LyKai, her planning and execution on our big day. Thank you, LyKai!
    Becky H. Married on 07/14/2019

Kaitlin & Matt’s Wedding

As a mom ( who lives in WA) helping plan my daughter’s wedding (at Brick in San Diego), words cannot describe how GREAT it was to have Lykai (Moments Remembered Events) as our day of (month of) wedding planner!!! Lykai was so organized, efficient, and professional! She was also the kindest, sweetest, most positive person who really got to know us and who truly loves planning and putting on weddings! She had so many great ideas and helped us stay on budget. She planned a very workable timeline in advance, kept us on track, and handled all the vendors.

I got to spend the day of the wedding with my daughter and her bridesmaids while Lykai handled the entire setup. When we arrived at the venue it was an incredible feeling to walk in and see everything set up perfectly!!! Lykai masterfully orchestrated the ceremony, the flip to the reception, the timeline throughout the evening....everything went so smoothly!! She also managed the entire cleanup, including loading a groomsman’s truck with everything that had to go home! I cannot rave enough about how WONDERFUL Lykai was!! We LOVED having her.... she was AMAZING!!!
    Kaitlin J. Married on 07/14/2019

Amazing!!!

We hired LyKai to be our day-of coordinator, and she also helped out the entire month before the wedding! She was, in a word, phenomenal. She was incredibly responsive via text/call/or email; she offered suggestions when asked and kept me so organized; she kept track of everything so that I didn’t have to; she communicated with all vendors; she gave me the sweetest gift basket on the day of containing an adorable hanger for my dress with my new last name on it, as well as a ton of emergency items (like deodorant, bobby pins, etc.); and she has the kindest, warmest personality that always made us feel so comfortable. I HIGHLY recommend LyKai. You cannot go wrong with her, and I cannot imagine a better experience!!
    Alexis Married on 06/20/2019

Wedding of my Dreams

Lykai was the kindest most organized person I've ever met. She made my wedding day so stress free. I would recommend her to anyone getting married in San Diego!
  • xenia
    Xenia Married on 03/02/2019

I can never say enough amazing things about LyKai!

I can never say enough amazing things about LyKai! We booked her as a day-of-coordinator but she was in constant communication with us for more than a month before the wedding. From the beginning she was one of the most positive upbeat people I have ever met and it was such a joy to get to know her. I didn’t have a super clear vision of what I wanted my wedding or reception to look like but I described the elements that my now-husband and I had decided on and she was able to pull all of those together to create a seamless look. She even loaned us numbers for our tables and ‘reserved seating’ signs for our ceremony when she heard that we hadn’t gotten any yet. I honestly don’t know what we would have done without her. Getting married in San Diego we figured we were safe with a fully outdoor venue (the Martin Johnson house) and literally had no plan for rain up until the week ahead of our wedding. This was despite the fact that the forecast had been predicting rain on our wedding day a full month out and refused to change. While doing the walkthrough with LyKai she helped us overcome our denial and come up with layouts for both sunny and rainy days and then did a ton of hard work contacting our rental company and others to get quotes for tents and figuring out how to make everything work. On the day of, she was the first to arrive and completely coordinated all of our vendors setup so that my bridesmaids and mom could focus on relaxing and getting ready with me. When we arrived at the venue everything was all set to go for the ceremony and looked better than I could have ever imagined. Because we were using our rain day plan that had only part of the deck covered with a large tent she had to coordinate flipping the ceremony spot to dining and then flipping it again to a dance floor a few hours later. This was a ton of extra work since our original plan had all three of these occurring in separate areas which meant it could have all been set up ahead of time. Despite this, LyKai never seem flustered or rushed and I don’t think any of our guests even noticed that anything was going on in the background while they enjoyed the cocktail hour or were asked to step inside the house for a video presentation made by my mom. The entire evening just flowed absolutely seamlessly and that would not have been possible without LyKai. The only question I got asked by any vendor was when our bartender asked if I’d like a drink or one of our waiters asked if I’d like some of the cocktail hour appetizers brought to our table. My husband and I could truly just enjoy the reception with our guests which was amazing. At the end of the evening, LyKai also stayed to pack all the decorations we had brought into a car for my brothers to drive back and supervised as our vendors packed up their equipment and left. I’m sure she was the last one to leave the venue. I give her my highest recommendation, she is an absolute professional, has a true eye for design, is so sweet, and will exceed your expectations in every way! If you are planning a wedding, book LyKai!
  • Angelina
    Angelina T. Married on 02/23/2019

Impressive

I can't say enough about how great Lykai and her team were! Her attention to detail, customer service, positive attitude, calm demeanor and overall ability to execute on everything we had planned truly made our wedding that much more unforgettable! All of our vendors were so impressed with her level of organization and planning. Without a doubt we highly recommend Moments Remembered for all of your wedding planning and needs!
    Pablo T. Married on 02/23/2019

Highly Recommended!

We had an amazing wedding and I could not be more grateful to this amazing team! Our wedding was perfectly executed and Lykai was there every step of the way!

The small things you don't even think about, the attention to detail, the amazingly positive and reassuring attitude that they projected and the hands on work they did, made it all come together on our big day!

Our other vendors (photographer, DJ, Catering, Venue) where all impressed and let us know how good the follow up and organization was.

I highly recommend them for your wedding or event!
    Sakura J. Married on 01/05/2019

Memorable wedding and organized planner

Working with LyKai was an absolutely perfect experience. It was a flawless event! We hired her for our outdoor January wedding and she arranged everything for us from the cake to the flowers to the menus and the seating chart, which worked like a dream because my husband and I lead very busy lives and with her we were able to fully enjoy the day of the wedding with the peace of mind of knowing that LyKai had taken care of everything. She organized such a lovely and memorable wedding day that we recommend her to all our friends and family.
    Amanda Married on 11/24/2018

Caring, helpful, and responsive!

Lykai helped make our wedding day perfect! From day one, she was so helpful and responsive. I felt like she truly cared about our wedding and our wishes, all the while keeping our budget in mind. She was also helpful with informing me of things I didn’t even know I needed to think about! She was able to accommodate a room flip as we had both the ceremony and reception at the same venue, which was a lot of work! Without a doubt, our wedding day would have been a disaster without her there to help keep things organized and on schedule!
    Jessica J. Married on 09/06/2018

Highly Recommend

I am so lucky that I found Moments Remenbered events. I have pictured my perect wedding day since I was a kid, however when I got engaged and started the planning process I became so overwhelmed and didn’t know know where to start.... but after doing some research and meeting with multiple vendors I finally found LyKai and Moments remembered events. Her knowledge and passion for weddings were evident after our first meeting. She took my stress away and made me feel like my feel excited about my wedding again! She did a great job of not only making the vision I had for my wedding come to life, but also of reminding me of little details I would have othwrwise over looked. LyKai went above and beyond to ensure my wedding day went smoothly and was exactly how I envisioned it! I cannot thank her enough for making my wedding Amazing!
    Mai-Ling Married on 08/18/2018

Lykai is awesome!

Lykai made our wedding look and feel exactly how we imagined! She did everything from A-Z and we only hired her as a day of coordinator for our wedding. Definitely would book her again if and when we decide to have another event! I mean, she does baby showers too! Lol she made us feel very comfortable and we definitely clicked from the first time we spoke on the phone! I knew she was the one I could trust with one of the biggest day our lives! She even helped me get reliable vendors to assist with the event for a low cost! She’s worth it! Don’t hesitate and book her now! :)