25 Reviews for The Island Chateau

House Beer (1)
House Wine (1)
Specialty Beer (1)
24 The Island Chateau Reviews

I had my engagement party here on 10/22/2016 and it was the most amazing time ever. The service I received was top notch. Every waiter was attentive to all the guests. The food was absolutely delicious!!! The bartenders were great also. Big thank you to the owner Tammy who was patience and kind with me every step of the way. I wish I could relive that night again! It was beautiful. They had a coffee to go station as guests were leaving which I thought was a awesome touch. I highly recommended island chateau!!

Profile Picture Nicole, 3/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

My husband and I recently got married and had our reception at the Island Chateau. Colleen and Terri were amazing to work with. They did everything we asked and were very accommodating. The day of the wedding, the venue was decorated beautifully and everything ran smoothly. The staff was friendly, they went above and beyond for us. I would highly recommend the Island Chateau.

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/4/17, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Bridal Suite, Clean Up, Set Up, Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Specialty Wine

Just recently my 50th Birthday celebration took place at the Island Chateau. I cannot say enough about this impeccable venue, the knowledgeable courteous staff, mouth-watering food and elite service. Mine was not a wedding but if you are looking for a wedding venue and you don’t want the “A wedding, is a wedding is a wedding” then don’t look further then the Island Chateau. Their ease make your visions a reality. Comprised of 3 different separate components over a 6hr time frame. A casino set–up, a singer and then dancing. The seamless transition from one to the other was amazing. They transition the room seamlessly it was magical. My one request regarding food was no to pigs in a blanket. Let’s talk succulent baby lamp chops, seared tuna, pulled pork crostini, brie and raspberry pastry puffs- salivating yet? I was also thrilled to find out I had Certified Organic choices with the meats and vegetables. For 3 hrs hors d’oeuvres were passed out via white glove service. Followed by 3 stations set up with various dinner choices, have I mentioned the seafood and vegetable risotto? The melt in your mouth prime rib and filet’s quality were top of the line. The pasta was as if it was just made fresh in the kitchen. The lobster ravioli was to die for. I am not talking cheese ravioli stuffed with traces of lobster, the chunks of fresh lobster were a very prominent. Quality at the Island Chateau is not a question. They pride themselves on it. I can spend hours going on about the venues clean line smart décor, the mouth watering food, the attentive staff, the amazing maître-d service, the friendly bartenders, the impeccable cleanliness of the venue, the fresh linens, the parking, the delicious champagne. Your vision is their concern. Now don’t get me wrong, if I wanted the template or traditional party/wedding they can accommodate and again do it very, very well – but know you can take time to step out of the box, make your party unique to your style and tastes.

Profile Picture MICHELE , 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I honestly couldn't have imagined having our reception anywhere else! Tammy made us feel so comfortable to ask questions and recommended so many great vendors to use for our day. The hall was gorgeous and felt so big even with our 180 guests. The dance floor was large enough for everyone to dance and have a good time. Louie took care of us and our bridal party all night making sure everyone had drinks or anything that we needed. So many of our guests told us the food was the best that they have ever had at a wedding and how amazing the day was. I truly felt like I had nothing to do with how smooth the day went because Tammy and Colleen orchestrated such an amazing event for my husband and I.. I couldn't be more grateful!

Profile Picture Samantha, 11/19/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had an event there on 10/29/16 unbelievable from start to finish!

Profile Picture User7374668, 1+ year ago, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Amazing place a true hidden gem on Staten Island, just had my wedding this past Saturday 10-15-16 . Tammy and her staff are a pleasure to work with A plus service all the way. Our Maitre D Louie is the best very friendly and attentive we just adored him. The food was amazing my family and friends are still talking about how amazing the food was. The ambience amazing and classic. Thank you for such an amazing experience giving me the wedding of my dreams.

Profile Picture J, 10/15/16, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bridal Suite, Set Up, Indoor, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Liquor, Liquor License, Premium Liquor, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Stations, Barware, Flatware, Glassware, Linens

My daughter was married yesterday 9-17-16 and the reception was held at the Island Chateau. They exceeded all of our expectaions and made my daughter's and son in law's dream come true! The cocktail hour- OmG the baby lamb chops, shrimp, pastas, seafood risotto, baked clams and all the passing appetizers - too many to name! The main course eas even better- the beef was so tender you could cut it with a fork- the fish and chicken dishes were perfect. No choice wsd the wrong choice! The food and service was outstanding and believe me we have high standards! Family and friends have not stopped calling and texting with compliments! Every vendor they recommended and do business with was fabulous as well- thank you to Sam Gregorio and son florist, Buono bakery and Platinum Entertainment! My only regret is that it is over! Thank you so much for a dream come true!

Profile Picture Annarose, 9/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The entire staff was flexible, cooperative and attentive to every detail for our wedding. The food was amazing. All of our guests said wonderful things about the food. We loved the fact that it is one wedding at a time. It allowed us to make the entire venue feel personal. Everything was absolutely beautiful.

Profile Picture Susan, 5/28/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

There aren't enough words that could express my gratitude to the staff of the Island Chateau for making our wedding reception the night of our dreams. Everything was absolutely perfect. Tammy, Terri, Colleen and all of the staff went above and beyond and my husband and I will never forget how amazing it was. Everyone at the Island Chateau is incredibly helpful, courteous and true masters at what they do. They made my wedding planning easy too! Whenever I had a question or concern they got back to me right away and guided me on the right path. I did not have a wedding planner so their advice and vendor recommendations were very appreciated.

And the food! My guests are still raving about it.

To any bride and groom who is looking for a good group of people, who truly enjoy making others happy, this is the place to go. They are simply the best. ♡ We will always remember how special the staff of Island Chateau made our wedding day.

Profile Picture Alicia, 10/17/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Island Chateau was the perfect venue for my wedding. All the ladies were so sweet. I ended up working mostly with Colleen who provided great advice and suggestions for our special day. The venue has great lighting with beautiful windows. It is very modern looking on the inside and well kept. It isn't well known to ppl outside of Staten Island which was great bc I didn't know anyone who had used it yet lol They include 5 entrees for guests to choose from, the cake from Buono Bakery, and very basic centerpieces (that can be upgraded for a little more $). The bridal suite is a nice size and has a separate bathroom suite. We took really nice pictures upstairs and in the lobby. Any hiccups on the day of, were taken care of very smoothly. All the guests said the food was delicious and thought the venue was beautiful. Uplighting was included along the columns and when the cake came out they put a sparkler on it which was nice. If you use a dj they are affiliated with, they allow them to use the big screen in the venue to project your photo montage. The price is pretty standard as weddings go but I felt that if I were paying more than 100 a person it should include a lot and the venue should be gorgeous and guys it really was worth it. They do work with you to cut corners here and there so definitely ask what could be done. Sundays you have to guarantee less ppl then a Saturday. I had about 92 guests but we only invited about 110 so we went with Sunday just in case. Glad we did. Comfortably seats about 100-125 people. Not recommended for large guest lists. Oh best part. I'm from Brooklyn and most ppl are not from Staten Island but this place is so convenient since it literally took 15-20 minutes from Bay Ridge to the Venue. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Emily, 7/12/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The place is beautiful and the food was incredible. The owners treat you like family and the event coordinator was helpful and catered to our needs.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 5/2/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I just had my wedding at the Island Chateau, June 21st 2014. First off, Tammy, Kathy and the whole crew are a dream to work with. Always attentive, responsive and above all especially caring. Everything down to our bartenders, and our Maître d - Louie( SO AWESOME). You and your guests will feel like royalty. All my guests said their servers were amazing and sweet. The food is also top notch - no wedding factory here. Every single one of my guests (no joke )raved about the food. I am also still eating my leftovers. Its that good. You get so many choices. Cocktail hour is huge. And I can honestly say this isn't one of the places you have to fill up on cocktail hour cause you won't like dinner. You will like everything you put in your mouth here.
Our cake was included in our package and came from Bueno Bakery - also delicious. It was great to not have to stress the cake after the tasting since they will work directly with the vendor so its a no brainer. You get a huge bridal suite with your own cocktail hour in it so if you have to take your pictures during that time don't worry you won't go hungry. I would suggest taking your pics before your wedding (as I did) so you can really enjoy the whole wedding, but that's just me. The lobby is perfect for photos and they even have a cute bridge with a lovely background for some cute shots. The reception room is huge and has the largest dance floor on SI which was very important to me as my friends and family LOVE to dance. Also the uplighting in the place is included with the venue and is so beautiful! The cocktail hour and reception are in the same room. I know some people might be thrown by that bu

Profile Picture Dawn , 6/21/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Wedding Cake

I don't even know where to begin to explain how pleased and thrilled we were with Island Chateau. We looked at every venue on the Island and some in the other boroughs and knew when we walked into their beautiful, grand ballroom we were going with Island Chateau. Tammy, Teri, and Kathy are exceptional, their maitre d' Louie was EXCEPTIONAL. He was amazing. We felt so comfortable during a year of planning working with them, they went above and beyond to make it a great experience and treated us like family. Our wedding was the most beautiful I have seen, and we received so many compliments. I am from Kansas, the groom from Staten Island. My guests from the midwest were literally in awe by the venue, beauty, food, service, and then... the Venetian Hour of Desserts. They were thrilled and surprised and entertained. I would recommend no one else, Island Chateau is wonderful. Guests were thrilled with the food. PS- I could eat the Pork I had for the entire month, it was that good.

Profile Picture Danielle, 10/12/13, 8 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Lighting & Decor

The Island Chateau is THE place to have a wedding on Staten Island. My son got married on 7/7/12 and my phone has not stopped ringing! All my friends and family are complimenting the food and service! They have the best Prime rib (they are known for it) and the fish (which I had) was absolutely delicious. To be honest I took it home and had it the next day because I was so full from the cocktail hour. The mussels, clams, and fried calamari were awesome. The Risotto, Pasta, and all the other stations were unbelievable and all the butler service appetizers were so good I had no room for anything else. It was a sentiment I heard all night long. The servers were the best, especially Colleen and Cindy. They all made sure that everyone had everything they needed. Even the bread was great - my sons friends are still raving about the garlic sticks. The recently renovated hall is Gorgeous and Spotless!! I always look for an "A" rating and the Island Chateau is an "A+". The second generation Velten's are doing their parents proud - I got married there 33 years ago and received the same personalized service from Pat and Tom, Tammy and Terri's parents! Thanks for everything!!! Debby R.

Profile Picture Debby, 7/7/12, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough good things about The Island Chateau! My husband and I had our reception here May 19, 2012. The cocktail hour is phenomenal with all the choices you have … my guest cannot stop talking about how good the food was and how gorgeous their ballroom is. The Owners are so friendly, kind, understanding, and easy to work with they’re ensured our day went as smoothly as possible. The maitre’d is incredible, very attentive always one step ahead of my husband and I, and patient. The whole island Chateau team made My husband and I feel like royalty king and queen. It's the little things they did that made our day extra special. Our wedding was a fairy tale that the Island Chateau help complete and it will definitely be remembered forever. Thank you to Teri, Tammy, & Kathy for making our wedding wonderful!!! My husband and I are so appreciative of everything they did for us and would love to have future events at The Island Chateau.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/19/12, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

we recently got married on 3-25-11 we had an awesome time . staff was very professional and family oriented. it was absolutely beautiful!!

Profile Picture Richie, 3/25/11, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Tammy was phenomenal! We had such a great time!

Profile Picture Kara, 8/14/10, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We got married at Island Chateau and I have nothing bad to say about them. I was 100% happy with this venue. I will give a nice long review since when I was looking at reviews here I always wanted more information.
Me and my husband had meetings at a few different venues before choosing Island Chateau--we checked out The Old Bermuda Inn---beautiful and quaint but a bit expensive and multiple parties go on at one time; The Renaissance (on Hylan)--really good price; cocktail hour possibly in the room in the basement which we didn't like even though it was a nice room but i don't remember if they had an elevator; also the outside of the Renaissance didn't look like it was kept up good; the Staaten on Forest which was our second choice--also had good prices but the cocktail hour room did not have seating for all our guests, the Vanderbilt---kind of expensive, but really nice and beautiful; i think it would've been worth it for us if our wedding was in the spring or summer when you could enjoy the view of the ocean but our wedding was in January so it would've been dark.
Also honestly none of those places compared to Island Chateau's room; it's really stunningly beautiful; it was renovated like two years ago I think and you can tell; everything is so new looking and modern; the bridal suite was also beautiful(the Staaten had an older looking appearance and its bridal suite was not as nice). Our initial meeting was with Tammy who is one of the sisters that own Island Chatea (Tammy and Terry, and Kathy works for them and is also very knowledgeable). They are all very professional, answered all my questions which i know some must have been annoying since I was a very nervous bride, and always called be back within the day.
One thing that some people may think is a negative about Island Chatea is that it is only one room so you have the cocktail hour and reception in the same room but I want to stress how this was not a problem at all and actually I think worked out better. We were worried that they were in the same room and that the transition from the cocktail hour would be awkward but they really know how to do it right.
Once we decided on Island Chateau we had to put down a deposit ($1000)then you get a tasting (if you don't like the food at the tasting you can get your money back) The tasting was great; everything was so good.
Two weeks before the wedding, we went over seating arrangements and how we wanted the room arranged---you have two choices, we had around 140ppl; we chose having the dais right across from the dj instead of having the dj in the corner and the dais right next to it. You put 8-12 ppl at each table and they have one table for 14ppl if you need it. I had some seating issues and Kathy was the nicest and never got annoyed with me since I ended up having to make multiple changes after we put the chart in.
3 people who responded yes, cancelled at the last minute (which is rude) but we couldn't get our money back but oh well that's in the contract i think but they offered to give us the meals if we wanted them.
The maitre'd was really nice and even gave us advice on where to go in aruba for our honeymoon since he owns a time share down there. He was always around asking what we wanted, what he could get us. And was flexible considering that we hardly sat and ate the whole night since we were busy talking to everyone. The matre'd was very organized and told us where we had to go and when; super nice and friendly.
The cocktail hour was really nice up in the bridal suite and the food came hot and fast. The food at Island Chateau is excellent and everyone said so; we upgraded to the chateaubrion (sp) steak and my husband said it was really good.
Also at Island Chateau as you've probably know already from the big sign on 440 is that there's only one party there at a time. This was nice.
I can say that Island Chateau was the only vendor I was 100% happy with. And seriously the room is so beautiful.

Profile Picture ella, 1/16/10, 9 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I got married at Island Chateau in May 2007. I also did my ceremony there. I had a terrific experience with them. I love Tammy & Terri & Kathy their assistant. They make you feel welcomed and are very easy going. The service was phenomenal as well as the food. They recommended all of my vendors and they all turned out amazing as well. I booked them before the renovations but had my wedding a few weeks AFTER the renovations were done and OMG what a fantastic room. They only hold 1 event at a time which I love. All of their staff is super friendly and very professional. Terri even helped me plan my honeymoon! You won't be dissappointed.

Profile Picture User558989, 2+ years ago, 3 Reviews
4.7

Loved this venue! Really a great place to have a wedding!

Profile Picture Alana, 12/15/06, 4 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Ceremony Music, Wedding Cake

Tammy and Terry at the the Island Chateau are a pleasure to deal with. They are always available to answer any questions we have. I had my father's 60th birthday party almost 10 years ago and I can't wait to get married there in October. They make the process so easy easy and stress free.

Profile Picture Nina, 10/11/14, 5 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Island Chateau has been in Staten Island for many, many years. It's family owned, two sisters are running it right now. They just renovated the whole place. When I first booked it, it looked nice. After the renovation, (THANK GOD) it looks beyond fantastic. The sisters, Tammy and Terri, are SO SO nice, as is their helper, Kathy. Everything is a pleasure. They recommended a great baker and florist. They include a lot in their price, which is the best my husband and I found in all of Staten Island. They have a great, flexible payment plan. They really made planning this reception easy!

Profile Picture Lauren, 6/2/07, 6 Reviews
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Wedding Cake

My only complaint was I saw employees eating off my buffet and was not offered any of it to take home.

Profile Picture User7905680, 1+ year ago, 5 Reviews