Philly Bride Reviews

4.2

• Kjohansson
    Kelsey J. Married on 09/05/2020

Cannot recommend enough!!

This was the 3rd bridal shop I visited on and it was by far the group favorite of the day. The consultant Jen was warm, friendly, welcoming and pulled my dream dress that had everything I was looking for. As someone who knows what they like and generally has an idea of what I want, this was not the case when it came down to finding my wedding dress. I was most anxious about finding my dress because I did not have a clear idea of what I wanted, but had an idea of what I didn't like. Jen listened to the likes and dislikes, and the first dress she had me try on at the store was the one I said yes to. It checks all the boxes of what I wanted in a dress. All of the dresses I tried on during my appointment were gorgeous and each one had something that made them unique, but nothing compared to the first dress of the appointment. I have nothing but praise and have already recommended the store to my 2 bridesmaids who are also starting to plan their weddings!
  • Becca
    Becca P. Married on 10/19/2019

Not pushy, patient and great customer service

I saw a Martina Liana lace turtleneck I just knew was going to be "my dress". Philly Bride was helpful, affordable and prompt in having the sample shipped from Australia. They were the 6th (and last!) bridal shop I visited. I was so impressed with their patience and attention as I tried to figure out my wedding day look. I could have purchased my dress from a few shops that sell ML, but Philly Bride's customer service and not-pushy sales environment made going with them the easiest choice I made!
  • Tara
    Tara Married on 06/22/2019

One stop shop!

Anyone looking for a classic, gorgeous wedding gown from a friendly and experienced staff, then look no further than Philly Bride! I worked with Jen who is AMAZING at her job. She listens to your ideas and preferences and steers you in the right direction. I actually ended up choosing a gown that I was not interested in at first. But Jen is honest and very encouraging to work with, so with a little gently persuasion she zipped me into the Badgley Mischka "Brooke" and sure enough, it was love at first sight! They also have the BEST seamstress that will do all the fittings for you. With my buys schedule she was always able to stay late or come in on a weekend to make sure we got all the alterations done on time. I could not have been more pleased with my experience at Philly Bride.
    (Photos: Emily Wren Photography)
  • Becky
    Becky Married on 02/02/2019

Kind, helpful staff- helped me find the dress of my dreams!

Everyone at Philly Bride was amazing! They helped my find the wedding dress of my dreams, let me come back to try it on for my step-mom and mother in law, and shipped it to Texas for me when we decided to move across the country before we got married. They were super helpful throughout the entire process.
    (attached photos are by Tyler Boye)
  • Emily
    Emily Married on 10/05/2018

Absolutely Stunning gowns

Philly Bride was the first bridal shop I went to, and when I was done I cancelled all of my other appointments because I found the dress! They have an amazing array of stunning gowns of all different styles. Once my consultant, Jen, talked to me and got an idea of what I liked, she keyed in on some amazing options that were all within my budget. This particular bridal shop also has in-house alterations, and they were absolutely amazing. My dress fit me like a glove, and they were careful to make sure everything went smoothly every step of the way. I have recommended them to all my engaged friends!
    Nancy Married on 01/06/2018
    Bethany at Philly Bride was a total pleasure to work with - I wasn't sure what I wanted in a wedding dress and she did a great job of helping me narrow it down and pick a beautiful dress within my budget!
    Nicole Married on 10/13/2017
    The staff at Philly Bride are like any other salon I've been to. I've tried on dresses at 10 salons and this was my last hope but I guess they say you save the best for last for a reason. The consultants asked detailed questions to really understand what I was looking for in my gown. It was the best experience ever. I'm so happy with my gown and the service! I wouldn't recommend anywhere else!!
    Danielle Married on 09/22/2017
    I purchased my dress from Philly Bride and I wish I could relive my whole wedding dress shopping experience! I brought about 8 girls with me to pick out my dress, and they accomodated all of us with a private room in the back and wine. The dress selection is just amazing, which made my decision even harder because I loved every dress that I tried on. The girls at Philly bride are friendly, inviting, and make you feel so beautiful in your dress. The seamstress hemmed and altered my dress just perfectly. Everything was just amazing, I will be recommending them to all future brides.
    Hannah Married on 05/12/2017
    Fabulous experience all around! Great selection, beautiful location, genuinely helpful sales associates, good communication throughout. Special shout-out to the lovely Brenda - that woman is an alterations goddess! Funny, kind, and talented. I was immensely pleased with the outcome and so many people asked where I got my dress/alterations done: Philly Bride!!!
    Michelle Married on 10/18/2015
    I got my dress and veil from Philly bride for my wedding last fall. I liked the selection they had, and the personal attention the provided (during your appointment, I was the consultant's only client). The seamstress was also nice to work with. Would definitely recommend checking them out!
    Jenna Married on 09/21/2018
    I recently purchased my wedding dress from Philly Bride during the Hayley Paige Trunk Show and I had an amazing experience! Bethany was my consultant and she was so upbeat, and really made my appointment feel special! At other bridal salons I felt overwhelmed, but because I was the first appointment of the day I had the whole store to myself. Bethany even suggested that I come in fifteen minutes early, which made all the difference. I'm so happy I made the trip to Philly Bride!
    Elana M. Married on 05/24/2020

Jen was great!

Jen helped me find a dress at the Hayley Paige trunk show! She was completely open to letting me try on anything I wanted and made sure I got the most of my 1.5 hour appointment. She was nice but also helpful for my indecisive personality and made sure I could get exactly what I wanted. Thanks Jen and Philly Bride!!
    Jenna Married on 09/29/2018
    I highly recommend Philly Bride!! If you are considering making an appointment there, request Jen as your consultant. Jen was so awesome and brought what I pictured in my head to life! I was so nervous to begin my dress shopping journey knowing what a fussy person I am when it comes to clothes. She was able to find something I loved and fit my body type perfectly. Jen is the absolute best!!
  • User2944615 2+ years ago
    I had a great experience at Philly Bride. The first time I walked in my first reaction was...oh my, absolutely not, I wont find my dress here. The store, though beautiful, just looked a little more over the top then my style or what I thought I was looking for to go with my outdoor, rustic, park wedding.....but Jen was absolutely amazing and found me the most perfect dress! She was great sticking to my budget, helpful with listening to me and my family and I found my dress. All of the girls that I encountered at my fittings and appointments were great, nice, professional and so helpful. I also got my veil and belt there. I felt so beautiful on my wedding day! thanks philly bride!
  • Amber
    Amber Married on 06/01/2019

Great Selection of Gowns, But "So-So" Service

Jen at Philly Bride was a pleasure to work with and helped me to find dresses in the shop that fit within my budget. She was very good at accessorizing and convinced me to get a veil (I didn't think I was going to wear a veil) and even add sleeves to my dress. I had 3 other appointments that day and thought that I had found the dress that I liked in a different store, but knew it was the one as soon as I put it on. My biggest complaint is that I had ordered my dress almost exactly a year in advance of my wedding (June 17, 2018 for a June 1, 2019 wedding) and when it came in 5 weeks prior to the wedding, I was informed that the bridal shop would be unable to accommodate any alterations for me. The girl who called me showed no empathy towards a bride who would be getting married in 5 weeks and required quite a few alterations to a very intricately detailed dress. They did provide the name of a seamstress who they have worked with in the past; however, that seamstress did not understand how I wanted the sleeves (e.g. how Jen had showed me how to wear them in the store) and therefore did not alter them properly resulting in a much different look than what I wanted for my wedding day. In addition, my dress and veil arrived separately resulting in 2 different trips to the shop for pickup (plus the multiple trips to the other seamstress). I had ordered my dress so far in advance that the shop should have planned better to accommodate my alterations or provided some type of discount on them as a result, as I believe I also paid more by going to the other seamstress than I would have there. One last thing to note is that they are quite restrictive on allowing you to take pictures in store unless they are absolutely certain you are going to buy that dress, which I don't think is right when you may want to go home and show pictures to others to see if you are making the right decision. Every other shop let us take unlimited pictures. As a result of these two items, I can not provide a better review of this shop.

Pictures show dress when I said "yes" with sleeves, dress after alterations at seamstress with sleeves in different position, and dress on day of wedding with sleeves as wanted (but too large since they weren't pinned properly)
    Christina Married on 11/05/2016
    I was very happy with the outcome of my experience with Philly bride. There were some hiccups along the way, but everything worked out. I can not say enough nice things about Maria, who did all of my alterations. She was able to make my dress to fit like a glove, and I was super comfortable.
    Holly Married on 07/07/2018
    Had an amazing time purchasing my dress here, when I did not have a good experience at other shops. They even held my dress until the big day. However, DO NOT get your alterations don here. They were expensive for just the basic alterations ans were not done cleanly. She said she could do a wrist bustle but must have forgot (was a surprise to find on the wedding day). She also said she could create a garter with the extra material cut off of the dress but again forgot and threw away the material, the neckline cut was also not a clean line, I could have done a better job. Again, amazing to buy the dress from but DO NOT get your alterations here.
    Lisa Married on 09/23/2017
    My dress was a Hayley Paige and absolutely stunning beyond that I cannot say many positive things about Philly Bride. They did not order my dress when purchased but failed to inform me of that, a year later I still did not have my dress. They were completely unresponsive by phone until my grandmother called the manager. I must say the woman answering emails was the only person that was genuine and tried to help in any way possible. When I finally did pick up my dress they were conveniently going to forget to give me my veil. Overall knowing what I know now I would have gone anywhere else to get my gown.
    Dominiqe Married on 10/21/2017
    It’s difficult to know where to start with this mixed review. In summary if you don’t want to read this whole thing; I would recommend Philly Bride to get your dress but do alterations elsewhere. The dress buying experience was great, they were super helpful, listened to what I wanted and kept within my budget. That was a great experience. The alterations experience was a little rough. I had my first fitting in at the end of August which went fine. My second fitting was schedule on a Sunday at the end of September. I had my mom come in from out of town, we were getting ready to leave and the alterations woman (April) called me a half hour before my appointment to cancel because she was “overbooked and exhausted.” It was honestly an unacceptable excuse and I should not have been punished because she did not schedule her appointments appropriately; but nonetheless, I reschedule for the following Tuesday. I left work mid-day to get to my Tuesday appointment at 1 pm. Upon arriving, I notice that the front door is locked. I called both the Philly Bride office and the alterations woman several times with no answer. After waiting an hour, hoping someone would show up I decided to leave and unfortunately wasted three hours of my day and called off work just to be disappointed. After that situation, I waited FOUR days before receiving a email (not a phone call but an email) letting me know that April had a medical emergency which I totally understand but someone should have made phone calls to everyone on the appointment list that day. The email stated that they tried to call me the day of my appointment and a few days later but my voicemail was full which was not the case nor has ever been the case; additionally there is no possible way that this is the case as I use my phone throughout the day for work, my voicemail is setup, and I received various messages during that entire week from other individuals. It was extremely frustrating that something that is so important with
  • Sevia
    Sevia R. Married on 08/08/2021

Beautiful dresses.... if only the customer service matched

Honestly my experience with this company was very mixed even before covid threw a wrench into my wedding dress shopping process. Before I spent any money with this company their customer service was good, and I felt supported finding my dress. They have a great selection at a higher price point but that fit within my budget. Once I said yes to the dress things took a turn for the worse. They did get my dress in on time (right before COVID happened), however my appointment to try it on and check that it was as ordered didn't go great; I spent 45 minutes waiting for any service even with my appointment without any explanation as to why/ what I was waiting for (eventually the salesperson did come to help and explained she was with a client who was late but telling me that instead of putting me in a corner dressing area with no indication on when I was going to be seen/ or any explanation until the end would have been appreciated and frankly this is not the kind of customer service one would come to expect when at a boutique of this caliber.) Additionally there was a whole hassle around alterations which, understandably may occur during Covid... that being said charging brides a fee to keep and make alteration appointments that are not part of the alteration costs without much explanation was where I drew the line (I was told multiple things from they had to get a new seamstress and that's where the cost was coming from, to they had an additional seamstress who honors their cost but you need to pay to reserve etc..) and honestly I found this to be a sad money grab when so many brides were struggling as it is (sure overall $25 dollars wasn't a huge amount but when asked where this would go they couldn't answer and said "we're doing it to help you") . Essentially, this seemed shady to me and I ultimately decided to take my dress elsewhere for alterations. Finally, I was able to get my dress, and unfortunately to my dismay it has a bunch/ bundle of unfinished threads attached to the train. Of course, when emailing them about this, I was asked if it was attached to the actual dress, and after clarifying it was, I was ignored for 3 months, and for multiple follow up emails.

Ultimately, although they have great products the service goes downhill the moment you spend a penny here, and forutnatwlt there are so many other amazing bridal boutiques in Philly that have amazing customer service and products, I'd recommending taking your business elsewhere if you can.
    Jessica Married on 08/26/2018
    I've been to almost a dozen stores between LA & NY - this was my first in Philadelphia. I'm not sure what century they think we're in, but this is the first dress store that would not let me take pictures of dresses I liked. My entire family is across the country so being able to share photos is the only way I am able to keep them in the planning process and have my mother's opinion for everything I look at. Not being able to take photos is such an absurd policy and unbelievably antiquated business practice.