Hartwood Photography Reviews

14 | Fredericksburg, VA

14 Reviews for Hartwood Photography

ASHLEY · Married on 05/21/2016

We just had engagement photos done with Rae and she is amazing! When we got down to the river it looked so packed and we were worried that we wouldn't be able to get great pics because it was prom night! BUT Rae totally kept her cool and made us at ease and just made our own room for pictures. We were even right next to people on the dock, but in the actual pictures you never would have noticed!! She's great and I highly recommend her services! She is very professional and easy to get along with.

Sent on 05/04/2015
  • User5198734 · 2+ years ago

We used Hartwood for our wedding photos and they turned out beautifully! Rae took our sometimes crazy photo requests (like us dueling with s'mores sticks, or my husband pretending to jump out the window just before the ceremony) in stride and they all turned out amazingly. Now we have to narrow our pictures down for an album and I must say, it's going to be difficult to do!

Rae's assistant was great too, he seemed to be more artsy so we have the standard pictures and then very similar poses but with his artsy angle or lighting. Together, there really was nothing more we could have asked for to get perfect memories for our wedding day.

Sent on 09/06/2015

Marion · Married on 12/13/2014

Rae was amazing some of our shots came out looking like a fairy tale wedding. If I wasn't there I wouldn't believe some of the shots were real. She hustled us through family shots and had a good eye for the composition of our party.

Would work with her again.

Sent on 01/29/2015

sharon · Married on 09/28/2013

Rae, you are an amazing photographer! You and your team made our special day so much fun! The level of professionalism and relaxation was perfect for us! We are so excited to see all of the moments you captured!

Thank you so much for everything!
    Much love Sharon & Gordon Sutton :)

Sent on 10/06/2013
  • Juliana

Juliana · Married on 09/14/2013

My husband and I got our engagement and wedding photos done by Rae at Hartwood Photography. We were so pleased with all of our photos. The angles, quality, and moments captured by Rae were phenomenal. In the hustle and bustle of your wedding day, you can only hope to have photos to capture all the moments you don’t want to forget and see the moments you missed while you were either getting ready before the ceremony. Rae captured all the ambiance of our wedding venue at Glen Garden Weddings which was beautiful. We are so pleased we chose Rae to take our photos. We couldn’t have asked for more.

Sent on 10/05/2013

Susan · Married on 03/16/2013

Rae was delightful to work with and willing to shoot our small family wedding, which is not always the case. We were enormously pleased with the results. She was most accommodating and professional, and I highly recommend her.

Sent on 04/10/2013

Jen · Married on 06/02/2012

If I could give more than 5 stars I would. Rae was an absolute pleasure to work with and was so professional and helpful from the second we booked with her. Every email was answered promptly, all of our meetings went well with Rae being extremely well prepared and all of my pictures were delivered quickly and were beautiful. The photos she took exceeded all of my expectations. I am so grateful I made the choice to use Hartwood Photography. I highly recommend them to any bride looking for a wedding photographer.

Sent on 06/25/2012

We met Rae at a vendor event at Potomac Point Winery and immediately knew that we wanted her to photograph our wedding. Rae is a preferred vendor of Potomac Point Winery and knows the venue very well. From the first time we met Rae, she was very helpful in explaining things that we needed to know related to photography for our wedding. The pictures came out beautifully! Rae and Valerie did an excellent job on our wedding day and we were pleased with everything.

Sent on 07/29/2012

Sarah · Married on 05/05/2012

Hartwood photography did an amazing job at our wedding. They were knowledgeable and pleasant. They guided the wedding party when needed, but also remained very unnoticed during the reception. They took amazing shots throughout.

Sent on 06/24/2012

diana · Married on 01/07/2012

Wonderful friendly put everyone at ease. Pictures were great!!!

Sent on 06/27/2012
  • Caryl

Caryl · Married on 10/22/2011

We met Rae and immediately appreciated her warmth and sense of humor. She was exactly what we were hoping to find in a photographer - someone we could be natural around that would capture in-the-moment shots. We had an engagement session with her in downtown Fredericksburg before our big event, and she did an amazing job capturing sweet, loving moments. We couldn't wait to see the photos of the day of our wedding - and we were not disappointed! We've enjoyed the posed photos and the candid photos... they did an amazing job and we would highly recommend them!

Sent on 07/04/2012

Andrea · Married on 08/06/2011

First of all, I am probably very difficult to organise, my life style is exceptionally busy. Rae was great, we did all of our initial communications by email, which for me was huge !!! Her personality and professional were phenomenal and everyone at the wedding said how friendly and approachable she was. The photographs were great, and we had a large selection to chose from. Overall, very easy to talk to , to plan with, to work with, and the photographs were great, what more could you ask for.

Sent on 07/06/2012

Bryan & Dawn · Married on 07/09/2011

Rae was so wonderful to work with. She had so many perfect ideas for poses and captured amazing candid shots of our special day. The way she designed our photo book was just so beautiful and something that I will always treasure. Rae and her staff were so friendly and courteous, it felt like they were just more friends there to celebrate with us.

Sent on 07/06/2012

Nicole · Married on 12/28/2010

Hartwood photography captured all the intimate moments of our wedding! They were fun to work with and guided us through portraits as needed. They also allowed for us to be fun and creative and do our own poses! They were so busy at work that they were never in the way. Guests complimented on how beautiful our shots turned out and what amazing work they had done. Highly recommend them!!!!!!

Sent on 06/25/2012