Ellicott City, Ellicott City, MD 21043 Map · Phone number · Visit website
Availability Check your date
  • Real Weddings 4
  • Meet the Team

About Justin Kunimoto Photography

First and foremost, congratulations!

This is an exciting time – I’m so happy for you two and I’m ready to do my best!

I’m sure you are here planning your wedding and are feeling pretty overwhelmed with all the options, ideas, vendors, and thinking, “We really just want nice, memorable photos, and be comfortable in front of the camera. We want to have an amazing time at our wedding – eating, dancing, laughing, and celebrating with our family and friends.”

Welcome to my world! :D lolol

Before I begin with all the details, I would like to do away with the formalities and keep it light. Technically speaking, I’m a photographer, but honestly, after being in the industry for 7 years, I would consider myself a teammate through this process. I’ve really enjoyed getting to know couples, their families, their stories, and at the end of the day, becoming a good friend.

If this vibes with you, we are off to a good start :)

Logistically, wedding planning can be stressful (let’s be honest, just getting to my page was probably a struggle - adulting is hard). Apparently, based on past reviews, I’ve been known to be the extra groomsmen, best man, bridesmaid, maid of honor, or just your overall hype man. I am here for you and I am here to help in any way possible. Answering questions, transparency in communication, and prompt responses are important to me and I hope that everything I share resonates.

I’m here for it all.

I’m very active on social media so feel free to reach out to me. I mainly post wedding photos, travel photos, silly videos, or posts about self-growth and being a bit more vulnerable. While I am a wedding photographer, I think all of that encompasses a lot of my personality and what I want to bring to the table for your wedding.

I can’t wait to have a good time, be silly, and have fun through this process!

For weddings, I put myself in your shoes and view the experience from your lens (pun not intended). I am here to listen, accommodate, and be flexible with plans. Most weddings run a little bit delayed, so to me, a 5-15 minute delay does not change the way I run my business. It’s part of the nature of my work and I am not here to clock watch. Comfort is key to capturing the best photos and I do not want to add any stress to your day. If you are happy, I am happy and, truly, that is all that matters to me.

Anyway, I’ll end here and take the advice I was offered when I was younger, “keep it simple, silly”.
Feel free to check out my work, my website, prices and packages, social media!
If you need to see full galleries to view, I can send those as well!

Thank you and can’t wait to meet you!

- Justin

Real Weddings 265 Photos

110 Reviews for Justin Kunimoto Photography

• Rachel

Rachel D. · Getting married on 12/30/2021

Fun, beautiful photos, flexibility, communication

Working with Justin on our engagement photoshoot was a fantastic experience. I booked him months in advance from out of town for a cherry blossom shoot -- which I knew was risky as it's not possible to perfectly predict peak bloom or COVID regulations. I booked Justin over his competitors because of his portfolio, value, and the ease and efficiency of communicating with and booking him. When peak bloom shifted due to weather, and then COVID and rain threatened even our date-shifted plans, Justin was communicative and flexible, fully sending us an illustrated map of alternative shoot locations. We first met over video to discuss the shoot, and that is where the true uniqueness of Justin began to shine. Quickly, I felt like Justin was an old friend, with his fun-to-talk-to personality and humor. This carried through to the shoot, which was actually fun for us. Justin made my fiancé and I both so comfortable -- like we were just hanging out with a friend who was so supportive of our marriage he was down to take our pictures. With his skill, Justin was able to capture several distinct, inspired moods within our photoset. I am so grateful to have these photos to look back on for the rest of our lives and to utilize throughout the wedding planning process. Justin overdelivered on time and photo quantity, which had the added benefit of making us feel special. Don't hesitate to book Justin -- he will treat you like a queen and he might just become a friend.

Sent on 04/18/2021

Justin Kunimoto Photography's reply:

Rachel~! YOU ARE THE QUEEN~!!! Most definitely worked through all the moods and poses that day - on top of working through the weather as well - so I can't take all the credit there. I really appreciate all your words and, likewise, I made some of the greatest friends. Please stay safe and, once again, thank you. We made some beautiful photos. "Rosebud" :P
  • Emily

Emily F. · Getting married on 08/22/2021

Amazing Engagement Session

Justin is AMAZING!! He turned my fiance and I (who aren't super photogenic) into swoon-worthy cover models! I don't know what magic he crafts beneath that lens of his, but the results are absolutely stunning!! He made us both feel very comfortable during the shoot and gave very clear direction and posing. I literally CRIED when I saw the photos. I had no idea we could look so beautiful on camera. Thank you for an amazing engagement photo-shoot.

Sent on 04/28/2021

Justin Kunimoto Photography's reply:

EMILY!!! YOU ARE SOOOOO BEAUTIFUL! I'm glad that I was able to capture all of that in camera!! Don't worry - I was literally crying when I was photographing on the day of LOL - thank you for your flexibility and choosing an epic (and new, for me) location! You are the best!

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2021 Winner
WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Justin Kunimoto Photography FAQ

• What is the starting price for your wedding photography services?
    $ 3300
  • Which of the following are included in the starting price?
    Add'l Hours
    Custom Graphics
    Toning
    Save the Date
  • What is the price of your most popular wedding package?
    $ 3700
    Add'l Hours
    Toning
    Save the Date
  • What primary photographic style do you identify with?
    Contemporary
    Film
    Natural
    Photojournalism
    Traditional
  • What photography services do you offer?
    Additional Hours
    Custom Graphics
    Destination / Travel
    Second Shooter
    Wedding Portraits
  • What photography items do you offer?

4 Real Weddings

View more weddings

Team of Justin Kunimoto Photography

Justin Kunimoto

Justin Kunimoto

Photographer

I've been photographing weddings full time since 2013.

I quit the stable 9-5 job, took the risk, moved across the country to pursue this dream. With +200 weddings covered in that time, it's still been the best life and career decision I've made. I have absolutely no regrets. I've had the chance to meet amazing couples along the way - ones who have become lifelong friends; sharing stories and adventures - also to see many starting their own family - or become pet owners <3.

To be able to capture memories for truly incredible couples has been the most humbling and greatest treasure of my life. It is an incredible honor to have been able to witness and celebrate their marriage and life.

----

My backstory:

When I was 10-year-old, my family went to Japan to see our relatives. Out of sheer laziness, my parents gave me the family camera and allowed (better word for 'forced' lol) me to take photos of our vacation.

In high school, I was that friend who carried a camera around and documented everything - eventually becoming those MySpace and Facebook profile pics. I shared all my photos with friends and it became my 'thing'.

I traveled across the country to attend a small university in California. Long story short, I became the unofficial student photographer, which led me to my first job as a photographer, assisted a few weddings in 2011, then I decided to start my own wedding photography business in 2013.

+ More Details
- Less Details

• SRS Events Wedding Planners

Justin was wonderful to work with! He is extremely responsive, arrived early to scope out the ceremony space, and put everyone at ease in front of the camera! I would not hesitate to recommend him and to work with him again. -Stephanie, SRS Events

• Event Details by Edelina Wedding Planners

Justin is a great photographer, he has a way of making the client feel at ease and like he's not even there. He's great at communicating and the end results speak for themselves. I look forward to working with him in the future!

• Ellicott City Ellicott City, Maryland, 21043 See on map
    443-602-8410 (Phone number)
    Location of (Justin Kunimoto Photography)