Justin Kunimoto Photography Reviews

Justin Kunimoto Photography 7
  • Michael

Michael Wong · Getting married on 08/09/2020

The Best Photographer

only the best wedding photographer ever! Justin isnt only our photographer, he also became our friend over the course of our planning. He's an absolute blast to hang out with and he made our wedding day that much easier! i would give 6 stars if Weddingwire allowed me too!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Molly · Getting married on 06/20/2020

Best Decision Thus Far

My partner and I were on the fence about whether or not to do engagement photos. We're so happy we decided to hire Justin to capture this romantic time in our lives. Justin was incredibly responsive, often getting back to us within minutes. We took our photos at great falls park in Potomac, MD. Justin knew all of the best spots to take pictures there and even took us on trails we had never been! He was flexible with timing and letting us bring our grumpy older dog. He was able to capture our relationship which is full of constant laughter and somehow made it look beautiful. His photos are amazing but that's evident! We wish that we could hire him for our wedding but we're getting married out of the country and wanted to hire locally. Hiring Justin was the best decision we've made thus far.

Sent on 11/07/2018
  • Mi-Jeong

Mi-Jeong Jo · Getting married on 05/08/2020

Talent and dedication brings you unforgettable moments

What makes his works so speical is his dedication (on top of his talent) to capture precious moments of every individuals involved! His humor and kindness hepled my family members have fun and that is just melted in even group photos! All my family members and friends are happy to have such photos that they can keep as good memories for the rest of their life.

Sent on 10/06/2019

Lusia Yu · Married on 10/12/2019

The best of the best

Words can't describe Justin.. He is simply the best! We met Justin when he took pictures at a friend's wedding and instantly knew we would book him for our engagement shoot and wedding. My husband and I are super awkward when it comes to taking pictures or even posing but Justin makes it super easy and fun! Most of our smiles and laughs looked so genuine because we were actually laughing with Justin from his silliness and friendliness. During our wedding, we were through with the formal pictures and even reception pictures so we had him put down his camera and have fun with us. But when I turn around, I see him with his camera at hand AGAIN and is just nonstop working. Justin is definitely the goofiest, nicest and most hard-working person I have ever met!

Sent on 10/30/2019
    Justin Kunimoto Photography 8
    Justin Kunimoto Photography 9
    Justin Kunimoto Photography 10
    Justin Kunimoto Photography 11
    Justin Kunimoto Photography 12
    Justin Kunimoto Photography 13

Aiki · Married on 09/15/2019

Couldn't have asked for a better photographer than Justin!

Justin is the best wedding photographer anyone could ask for. He is very professional and will do everything he can to be prepared for the day of the shooting. Justin puts his time and heart in getting to know the couples and their guests, making sure the details, and having back up plans for unexpected situations. While I was amazed by his such sincere and professional attitude towards his work, I think what is most unique and special about Justin is that he cares the most for the couples and the guests to HAVE FUN. He is super flexible, open to any requests, and a very very fun person to be with. All our family, guests, and staff supporting our wedding LOVED him and had so much fun spending the day with Justin.
    While he is dedicated to capturing every important moment and expression, he is also actively present to celebrate the day with you which I feel is very important when trying to choose someone who will spend the BIG day of your life with you. I am very confident that couples and guests who meet Justin will find themselves in love with him.

Needless to say, Justin’s photos are extraordinary and as a big fan of his photography it was our top priority to have Justin as our wedding photographer. What I love about Justin’s photos is that they are full of warm feelings and has depth. You can almost hear the laughter, the conversations that went on, and feel the energy of the people from seeing Justin’s photos. They are just so genuine and beautiful.

I am so grateful that not only did he shoot our wedding but was happy to do a destination photoshoot in Tokyo on the day after the wedding. You can tell that he is a man of dedication with so much passion and energy from the fact that he was ready to do the photoshoot on the next day while staying until past midnight to celebrate our wedding day with us!

I guarantee that you will have the best experience with Justin and be so happy that you have chosen him as your photographer. He is the most humble, patient, fun, and sweetest person ever!! I hope many people get to experience the joy of working with Justin!
    Love you Kunchan♥

Justin Kunimoto Photography 17
    Justin Kunimoto Photography 18
  • Norito

Norito Hagino · Married on 09/12/2019

Very happy with the photos and the process of the photoshoot

We asked Justin to do a destination engagement photoshoot in Yokohama, Japan. Truly AMAZING in all aspects.

His pictures are needless to say perfect (I can tell he puts in a lot of time and energy in his photography), but his character is what brings out the best experience. My fiancée is pretty shy and usually doesn't like being photos taken, but he broke the ice in seconds. We were very comfortable during the photoshoot, and he was quite flexible with everything going on, especially considering we were in a traditional kimono and had some restrictions in the Japanese Garden.

Overall, great experience and would definitely recommend Justin Kunimoto Photography.

Sent on 09/29/2019
    Justin Kunimoto Photography 19
    Justin Kunimoto Photography 20
  • Chitari

Chitari Yamamoto · Married on 09/12/2019

The most memorable day!!

Justin spent the whole day for us to take our engagement/wedding photos, and we truly enjoyed the day, which became one of the most memorable days of my life.

I usually don’t like being photos taken and felt uncomfortable with it. Although I did tell him so, Justin spent enough time for me to get ready, and his character made me comfortable for the photoshoot.

He even considered our family and took some formal photos, which actually made my parents really happy. He also took some casual and fun ones as well, and those photos were very beautiful and truly captured the natural parts of me and my fiancée.

Justin Kunimoto is the amazing and talented photographer, and it was very fortunate for us to have him!
    Arigato and love you, Kuni-chan!

Sent on 09/29/2019
  • Kimmie

Kimmie Meissner · Married on 08/24/2019

Perfectly captured who we are

Justin was so fantastic to work with! He was responsive, extremely helpful, and really easy going when the day came to take our engagement photos. His ability to not overpower/over direct us allowed for our personalities to come through and we ended up with gorgeous pictures that embody who we are as a people and a couple. We also just loved that his pictures didn't feel like your average "wedding pictures". Justin has a great eye for detail and brings true artistry to his work. I highly recommend hiring him! We couldn't be happier with our photos and experience.

Sent on 12/12/2018
  • Julia

Julia · Married on 07/20/2019

Absolutely Amazing

Justin is the most amazing photographer and wonderful human being. I really felt like he understood what we wanted and captured so many beautiful moments. I would definitely recommend him!! I love looking through all our wedding photos!!

Sent on 11/06/2019
    Justin Kunimoto Photography 21
    Justin Kunimoto Photography 22

Rachel Murchison · Married on 06/15/2019

Talented, friendly professional!

I highly recommend Justin as a photographer. We used him for our wedding in June 2019 outside of DC, and he was wonderful. In person, he is kind, gracious, full of energy, ready to help, and easy to work with. His photographs are beautiful -- he has a great eye and was able to capture lots of wonderful candid shots and details. We also found him to be more affordable than other photographers we contacted. We were happy we went with him!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Alex

Alex Leslie · Married on 05/05/2019

Best. Photographer. Ever.

Justin is AMAZING! I looked at a ton of photographers, and when I found him, immediately stopped looking. He's SO MUCH FUN and SO TALENTED! I'm so, so glad he was able to photograph our wedding. Every single photo is beautiful, and he somehow managed to be everywhere at once, so we have photos from every angle, of every person, and they're all amazing. We didn't want a bunch of cliche, posed wedding photos, and Justin has this amazing ability to capture all of the in-between moments, which are our favorites. We couldn't be happier with our wedding photos! THANKS, JUSTIN! LOVE YOU!

Sent on 05/29/2019

Diana · Married on 01/26/2019

Best decision ever!!

This review would be bias if I wrote it since Justin is a friend so I asked my husband to write it. Just know that when we decided the wedding date, the only thing I requested from him was that Justin be our photographer. It was the best decision ever!!! He is so amazingly talented and his photos speak for themselves! He really captured the joy of our special day. Without further ado, here is my husband’s review:

Once I met Justin Kunimoto in person, I understood why my wife wanted him to take our wedding photos. Justin instantly makes a connection with you so it doesn’t feel like you’re taking a photo with a random stranger. Whenever I think of taking photos, I always imagine those awkward middle school, or Glamour shots at the mall. It’s probably that type of self-consciousness that prevents me from being photogenic. Justin was very accommodating & even joined us for the day before rehearsal when my new wife’s family & mine would meet for the first time. On the day of the wedding, he was there first thing in the morning & even stayed for the optional after-party that my wife and I had set up for our guests. As an added bonus for our family, since Justin is bi-lingual in English and Japanese he was able to guide our guests without any difficulty. Who knows maybe Justin’s tri- or multi-lingual? As far as wedding photographers go, you definitely want someone who blends in with your wedding party vs. having the guests feel like they have to pose or act a certain way to get beautiful shots. Hiring Justin is like hiring an old friend with a keen eye to capture the important moments.

Sent on 03/19/2019
    Justin Kunimoto Photography 36
  • Sabina

Sabina · Married on 01/19/2019

Go with Justin!

Justin took our engagement and wedding photos and we are SO happy we found him. He made us feel comfortable and have a genuinely good time. He knows where to find the perfect lighting- sunshine or not and he knows where and how to capture the perfect moments- candid or not. He came to our wedding rehearsal and scouted out the good shots, and on the wedding day he was SO prepared- even brought hand warmers for us (winter wedding). He is professional, thoughtful, helpful, and catered to all of our wedding day requests. So many people asked us who our photographer was- not only because of the AMAZING pictures but because he was just the friendliest photographer to be around. You just HAVE to go with Justin!

Sent on 04/23/2019
    Justin Kunimoto Photography 37
  • Kim

Kim · Married on 10/20/2018

laid back photographer with AMAZING pictures

Justin is awesome. For my wedding this past weekend he came and shot TWO days (one cultural ceremony, one traditional) of wedding festivities. He has such a calming personality and is truly so invested in making sure everyone has a good time and is comfortable for pictures. Highly recommend for anyone still looking for a photographer.

Sent on 10/24/2018
    Justin Kunimoto Photography 38

Joe · Married on 09/07/2018

If you are in here reading the reviews, you might be on the fence about this fine gentleman’s talents. You might think there is no way someone can be this good...can they? Well stop right there partner, cause its true, this man can shoot. Justin is an absolutely amazing wedding photographer. You will feel like you have known the guy your whole life. He takes the time to make sure you don’t have to when it comes to your big day. He communicates well, is punctual, and honestly this guy must have been a boy scout because he comes prepared ready for anything. The last thing you want to do is stress about your wedding pictures when you’re trying to show off your moves on the dance floor whilst double fisting drinks. In the day and age where everyone uses their phone to take pictures of everything, it is so refreshing to have someone like Justin at your wedding capturing the truly wonderful moments in immaculate quality. Don’t want to see your wedding photographer? He will be like a Green Beret sneaking around taking photos that will leave you bewildered at how a person could have possibly been in the right spot at the right time, like every time!? Maybe you want to see your photographer? You might just see Justin on the dance floor with you busting a move. He really goes above and beyond to make your day special, as he truly understands what the big day means to you. And when you finally see the photos, you will be relieved to know you made the right choice. He really is that good. TL;DR Hire this dude, he's legit.

Sent on 10/03/2018
  • Angelica

Angelica Hom · Married on 08/16/2018

His enthusiasm made me less camera shy!

Usually, I'm pretty camera shy. But Justin was the photographer for my best friend's wedding in Hawaii and his energy was so infectious, I immediately felt comfortable and had so much fun taking photos! He captured the day beautifully and I couldn't have been happier with the results and memories. Thanks Justin!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Kirsten · Married on 08/11/2018

Justin is fantastic--so talented, accommodating, and a lot of fun to work with. We love our wedding photos and would highly recommend Justin!

Sent on 10/06/2018

ashley · Married on 08/10/2018

Wow, where do we start. We booked Justin for our engagement shoot and was blown away by his creativity, professionalism and passion for photography. He was able to provide proofs and final photos in such a timely manner. I’ve heard so many horror stories of people waiting months to obtain their photos but this is not the case with Justin. He is a true professional that cares and understand the excitement of his clients . It was a no brainer that we would book Justin for our wedding as well. Justin was communicative with what our expectations were and provided his expertise/knowledge. He was well organized with our timeline and knew where to be at every given moment. Justin captures the heart of emotions of our special day. Just by looking through our photos we felt every emotion that we experienced the exact moment he took the shot. Pure talent. Not only is Justin a absolute professional he is also very personable and charismatic. Our family and friends loved his personality. It was to the point Justin was a part of our family. He is also an incredible dancer. If you want excellent quality and service, book Justin for your upcoming engagement/wedding NOW!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Paula · Married on 07/28/2018

We love Justin! I heard about Justin because he did a friends wedding. After looking at them, I knew I wanted Justing to do our wedding. The friend also shared with me how great Justin was so that was a plus!
    Justin met with us for an initial meeting - from there, I could tell he wanted to make our day special. It's hard to feel that way about wedding vendors in general because they do weddings alllll the timeeee. He cared about what kind of moments to capture.
    On our wedding day, he came on time and was so flexible about our schedule. He made do with what we had and was assertive about it and I loved that! He was also so helpful through out the day - doing things a regular photographer wouldn't do (like lending me his phone charger lol). He really felt more like a guest than a wedding vendor. He's sweet, patient and extremely talented. He made my husband and I look great when we felt awkward! Justin, you're amazing!

Sent on 08/07/2018

Janelle · Married on 06/09/2018

Hands down- Justin is the best! When first meeting Justin, we loved his personality and his passion for photography. We instantly knew he would be the best person to share our special day with. We fell in love with his pictures and his eye for a perfect candid shot. From the start he was extremely easy to work with and consistently receptive with quick responses. The months/weeks/days leading up to our big day, Justin made himself available for anything needed...walkthroughs, conversations, anything. The Big Day- he captured everything perfectly. Getting ready in the hotel room to the first look and the last seconds of a long day....he was there capturing it all. He was never too pushy and made me feel comfortable the entire time. Then came our wedding album- amazing! We couldn't stop looking at it...and still can't. We highly recommend Justin!!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Joanna · Married on 05/11/2018

We found Justin online about a year in advance of our May 2018 wedding and were swept away with his natural, romantic photos. We wanted someone who would get a lot of great candid shots, not just formal posed ones, which Justin is a pro at. Working with Justin was easy from the very first phone call, where he asked all about us and our wedding. He's extremely personal and flexible in his approach to wedding photography and was very respectful of all of our requests. His approach is fun and laid back, which worked perfectly for our backyard wedding. He was extremely punctual (actually arrived early and left late) and very responsive to any questions or messages. He also drove 2 hours out to our wedding site for a site visit in advance of the wedding, which was really helpful. He turned around all our photos unbelievably fast - less than 2 weeks after the wedding, and each one really captured the joy and emotion of the moment. We are so glad we chose to work with him and highly recommend him for any and all photography!

Sent on 05/26/2018

Megan · Married on 04/13/2018

Hiring Justin was hands down the greatest decision we made for our wedding. We met over skype when I was knee deep in talking to 5-6 photographers. When I didn't want to get off the phone with him and decided that hanging out with Justin for an entire day would be THE MOST FUN, I knew he was the photographer for us.

If you have spent any amount of time on his Instagram account, you know his photos are astounding. Yours will be too if you hire him! The entire day we couldn't get these big goofy grins off our faces, and Justin managed to pull unbelievable shots despite our excessive cheesin'.

One of the only things I wanted out of a photographer was not to feel like they were in our faces during the day. I'll be honest after we finished the family photos and we joined the party, I didn't lay eyes on Justin once. AND THAT'S A GOOD THING. Because somehow he was here, there, and everywhere getting the most incredible photos of us with our guests. We've taken to calling him the ninja, and it couldn't be a more apt description of him. Going through some of the photos, I can't figure out where in the world he is standing, but he found the exact spots he needed to be in to capture some of the most incredible moments.

We are so grateful to Justin for photographing our special day. It was so full of love and magic and happiness, and we have it all on film thanks to him. You can tell he loves his job a lot when I got a text two days after the wedding telling me he got excited and already had a 211 photo preview coming our way! TWO DAYS! It was insane.

No less than three weeks after that, he dropped 2400 photos in my inbox! And every single one is astounding.

I said it once, and I'll say it again hiring Justin was hands down the greatest decision we made for our wedding.

Sent on 05/19/2018
  • HappilyEverAfter329

Brittany · Married on 04/13/2018

We got married on 4/13/18 and Justin was just amazing!! After getting so many complements on our engagement photos, we knew we had to have him capture our wedding too! Justin loves what he does and it shows through his work. He is extremely professional and so much fun to work with! He went above and beyond for our wedding. He even saved the wedding by being able to fix a button on my dress. After getting our 1400+ photos back in two weeks, every single picture is gorgeous! Thank you so much Justin!!

Sent on 05/01/2018

Sam · Married on 04/08/2018

When we started the wedding planning process, we knew that there were 2 things we wanted to splurge on: food and photography. We met with photographers pretty early on, and within a few minutes of meeting Justin, we knew he was the perfect photographer for us. He is incredibly passionate about his work, and his photography is timeless. There are no heavy filters, just beautiful, bright, high resolution photos, that we know we will love forever.
    During our wedding day, Justin was more than a photographer. He had double sided tape for my bridesmaids, helped fix our audio for our music, helped us set up our cake cutting, and amped everyone up when we made our big exit. By the end of the day, everyone knew him by name and commented on how great he was.
    He seemed to be everywhere at once, and managed to capture the tone of the day perfectly. We did do some traditional posed photos, but his true talent lies in the amazing candids.
    At first, I was worried that we didn't hire a videographer, but after seeing the 1200+ incredible photos, I don't have any regrets. He had previews for us the next day, and the full gallery to us under 3 weeks. The gallery is full of the high resolution photos, with no watermarks, and he stores them forever. It makes it so easy for friends and family to find and download any of the photos that they like.
    Justin is truly a spectacular photographer. He could charge double and still be worth every penny. We would give him 10 stars if we could! You will not find a harder working photographer in the business!

Sent on 04/28/2018

Susan · Married on 04/07/2018

Justin was an awesome photographer! We had both our engagement and wedding pictures taken by Justin. We couldn't have asked for a better photographer. Justin made us feel super comfortable during our shoots and he delivered on all of the special requests we made (sparkler pictures, candid pictures).

Not only were my husband and I super impressed, all of our guests mentioned how impressed they were with Justin as well.

If you're looking for a photographer who is detail-oriented, down-to-earth, professional, and quick to respond to emails, Justin is your guy!

Sent on 05/13/2018