Colleen Miller Events Reviews

39 | Charlottesville, VA

39 Reviews for Colleen Miller Events

I can't say enough great things about Colleen! We hired her as our day-of wedding coordinator, but she truly went above and beyond her day-of duties. I was planning my Charlottesville, VA wedding from NYC and from the get-go, Colleen was open to providing vendor suggestions, local recommendations, etc. She also stepped in on my behalf to negotiate things that we wanted from certain vendors and were having trouble getting on our own (for ex, our venue wanted us to have both escort and place cards, which I felt were redundant since we were only assigning tables, not seats. Colleen had worked at the venue several times before and was able to get them to agree to just let us use place cards, which saved us money.)

We were on the fence about even hiring a day-of coordinator because we weren't sure it was a necessary expense, but I am absolutely glad I did. Hiring Colleen allowed me to relax and enjoy my day, rather than worry about dealing with vendors, etc. Plus, in the planning process she brought up things that I would have never thought to think through. It was especially helpful for the ceremony portion because we planned our own ceremony with a family friend as our officiant. She was able to guide us through the rehearsal and made several suggestions to improve the flow.

Finally, here is an illustrative example of just how amazing Colleen is. We were having a small cake and dessert bar for our wedding. As part of this, I wanted to surprise my groom (who loves donuts) with a donut display. My Dad was supposed to pick the donuts up in the morning, but with the craziness of the day, he just wasn't able to. Colleen knew this was important to me, so she had someone (her husband, I think?) go out and buy the donuts and deliver them so that our dessert bar would be perfect. That is the type of wedding coordinator that Colleen is! She goes above and beyond, is a calming presence on your wedding day and is a joy to work with and get to know.

Sent on 06/11/2013

Christine · Married on 05/03/2013

I am so glad that I chose Colleen Miller to be my wedding planner. Everyone kept telling me I at least needed a "day of" planner and I AM SO GLAD that I listened. Colleen handled everything for us-contacting the hotels, buses, limos, and all other vendors...and made an amazing timeline for the wedding day. Since her specialty is wedding planning, she will think of things that you will never think of...at least I didn't! There are so many small details and I have to say she saved us with keeping all of them in mind. We were able to enjoy the day because she was handling all of the issues with the vendors. She also helped to set up the reception room beautifully. I felt so confident that our wedding day would be a success because Colleen would be there if something went wrong. She is also willing to listen to a bride when she has a breakdown! Bottom line-I highly recommend Colleen Miller Events! She is awesome and you won't be disappointed.

Sent on 06/10/2013

Neva · Married on 10/27/2012

I couldn't have been happier with Colleen's service! She took charge of everything need and I felt completely at ease with her doing so. Highly recommend her to anyone looking for an event planner.

Sent on 11/11/2012

Nate · Married on 10/27/2012

Above expectations, always helpful and extremely flexible... Colleen gave us the piece of mind we needed!

Sent on 11/12/2012
  • W

Ward · Married on 09/01/2012

Colleen was more than we asked for (or paid for). She was responsive to all our requests, some of them no doubt silly, and took control during the wedding, so we could relax and enjoy the day. She was assertive, kind, and joyous. She loves weddings and liked us a lot, which made for the happiest day of our life, a clique, but true.

Sent on 09/11/2012

Katie · Married on 09/01/2012

Colleen Miller was AMAZING!!

We feel so lucky that we found Colleen to be our Day-of-Coordinator. She was so helpful in making our whole weekend go smoothly and we felt completely relaxed in delegating tasks to her because we knew she was so competent.

Collen was extremely helpful in the preparation phase too, making sure to check in with regular phone calls, making helpful suggestions and generally just getting excited for our big day. I always felt special when talking with her and she had a great way of making me feel calm and confident our wedding was going to be a success. She also had a great way of conducting conversations, by guiding us to the important topics and making sense of my scattered ideas.

Colleen was also instrumental on our set-up day, spending hours with my friends putting up Christmas lights, making flower bouquets, and being friendly to all the wedding guest. She was also clutch at dealing with sticky situations when we had some last minute problems with our catering company. She was able to step in, be assertive (in a friendly way), and make things happen.

I highly recommend her and think she has a prosperous career ahead of her.

Sent on 09/12/2012

Greg · Married on 05/12/2012

We used Colleen as our "day of" event planner/organizer. From our first conversation, to our initial meeting, to our wedding day....Colleen impressed us with her enthusiasm, smart ideas, and professional & fun demeanor. On the day of the wedding, she arrived early, and gave us incredible "piece of mind", throughout the ceremony and reception, so that we could enjoy the time with our guests. She was worth her weight in gold, as the saying goes.

Sent on 09/07/2012

Kate · Married on 01/21/2012

Colleen was an essential part of my wedding!

When I told Colleen I was just starting to plan my wedding four months out, she jumped into action. She helped recommend and contact vendors - which was especially helpful as I was an out-of-town Bride! She was easy to work with and was super responsive to all of my e-mails/questions.

The day of, she organized all of my vendors, made sure everything was "just right", and kept us on schedule! She has a great eye for detail. We wouldn't have been able to pull off the day so seamlessly without her!

I highly recommend Colleen as a wedding planner! Honestly, I initially thought I would be able to do everything (setting up decor, organizing everyone, basically "running the show") myself and that a wedding planner might not be a necessary expense. I was so wrong. Hiring Colleen was the best choice we could have made!

Sent on 09/08/2012

Patty · Married on 01/21/2012

When my daughter decided to get married 450 miles from our home, let's just say, I was more than a little bit concerned. While my daughter and her fiance live much closer to the venue than her father and I, she was still new to the area.

The internet was helpful in our research (it did bring us to Colleen!), but nothing compared with the personal, knowledgeable, and expert advice of Colleen. Her coordination of the vendors leading up to, as well as the day of the wedding, was exceptional.

Her thoughtful vision of our plan was created while the wedding party tended to the Bride. She reminded us what was important that morning, the Bride, not the wedding details. Her famous line that day was "leave it up to me". I will always remember her eagerness to take on the next challenge without ever worrying us. How we thought we'd be able to do all this the morning of the wedding without Colleen's help, I'll never know!

Our first impression of the reception room exceeded all expectations! You have a good idea of what things will look like, but Colleen implemented everything perfectly. Both the Bride and myself were in awe of the room commenting "it's more beautiful than I imagined!" I would highly recommend Colleen as your special occasion planner, you will not be disappointed!

Mother of the Bride

Sent on 09/08/2012

Colleen was wonderful throughout out planning process. She is sensitive to budget and will be upfront and real about what you need and what will make an impact vs things that aren't worth the money. It was very nice having someone there to advocate for you. She was especially helpful the last few weeks verifying times and payments with other vendors.

Sent on 12/12/2015

Victoria · Married on 03/08/2015

Kate Phillips was my month-of wedding planner for my March 2015 wedding at Pippin Hill. Kate was wonderful to work with - a lovely person, super helpful and very responsive. I highly recommend Colleen Miller Events!

Sent on 05/11/2015

Emily · Married on 05/29/2016

Kate Phillips of Colleen Miller Events was absolutely fantastic in planning our wedding! She recommended incredible vendors (catering, photography, videography, rentals). When we found out my grandparents were not able to travel due to health reasons, she made sure that we had time planned into the schedule to Facetime them and made she we had AWESOME videographers there to capture the day so we could share it with them! Both myself, my husband, and our parents were able to completely relax and enjoy our wedding day because Kate and her team had everything under control! She recommended things that we had not thought about and made sure the day was perfect for both us and for our guests!

Sent on 06/12/2016

We worked with Kate and she was great. A couple pretty significant and unlucky hiccups occurred the day of our wedding and I, as the bride, had NO idea and I thought I knew everything that was happening! She basically kept me protected when necessary, a pretty big deal, I would think. Thank you, Kate!

Sent on 11/09/2015

sameera · Married on 05/10/2014

Colleen, of Colleen Miller Events, was awesome! She's was able to take the wife's vision and turn it into more than what either of us could have asked for. Colleen was super helpful with all of the vendor coordination and dealing with a not so easy venue coordinator. All of our friends and family say it was the best wedding/reception they have ever been to.

She did a great job keeping both of us calm and ensured that we were on schedule with all of our tasks, which was really helpful since we both have hectic life/work schedules.

For someone who isn't too experienced with Indian weddings - Colleen and her team figured it out quickly and made it seem easy. Her organization and personality made everything feel right.

I would absolutely recommend Colleen to any and all of my friends/family getting married.

Sent on 06/05/2014